The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamplars in Greymoor?

Rhaegar75
Rhaegar75
✭✭✭✭✭
Here I am again struggling with my stamplar. The changes I made the last time I posted were wiped by the last patch.....

I’m back in the realm of either too squishy or doing no damage. I’ve been moving around with either 2H and bow or 2H and shield.
I’m in medium armour BP & Hunding....not amazing I know.

What are you guys using these days? Really not keen on *** like Venom's Hunter!!
  • Otiz
    Otiz
    ✭✭
    If you plat no CP you are gonna have a bad time.
    They have over done the nerf to tank/heal, so now its a zerg fest - favoring Sorcs and NBs, and those who like to slam ulti and die rinse repeat.
  • LordMitchell123
    I feel like everyone is running different stuff.

I currently run Ancient Dragonguard + Fury + Balorgh, Kiri's build and I love it. Other stuff I hear people use is NMA/Pariah/Armor Master/ Deadly/ 7th/ Clever Alchemist etc in all different combos.

For mythics I heard people talking about using the boots that skip all snares in combo with elude and the torc ring. Don't have Greymoor expansion so not really sure here tho.

I mostly play cp and BGs and don't really change out any gear, works for both but gotta adapt to it.

PC EU
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I just re-installed the game and made up quick build to test how new Deadly strikes work... damn it works good.
    Balorgh, Deadly maul front, master's bow back + wherever other set according to your race (I used bosmer with shacklebreaker, but was over-sustaining, so will try to switch shackle for fury or ancient DG).
    Ballista/DBoS for an ultimate. Burst very good, majority simply melts, tanky targets block heal, but thing is that you may continue to jab already severely weakened target with balorgh bonus penetration for 7 seconds more after ballista expires. That ballista is just sick. It is buffed by everything (hawk's stacks, balorgh, deadly when you switch to front, maul penetration).. and it comes off-gcd. It has some delay, so your toppling charge arrives together with 1st ballista hit, and on 2nd GCD, both jabs and ballista hit simultaneously and both charge potl and poison injection ticks too.
    I played few hours and damn it was so easy to kill with that combo.. and ballista is not must have, damage is pretty decent even from rotation mist(block cancel)-injection-potl-jabs. The only class against which I felt bad was stamcro.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im doing well in BGs with my stamplar running

Ancient dragonguard
    NMA front
    Master Bow back
    Potentates x2
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run fury + balorgh + ward of cyrodil front bar / 2 pc Potentates or maelstorm snb backbar I use either dawnbreaker or spellward for my ult. Dawnbreaker when I'm on the pure offence against weaker players or if I'm not being focused. Spellward is amazing though cause I can basically go on a full assault for 7 seconds without much of a risk of death. Ward of cyrodil seems to work well, especially with the reduced healing this patch.
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bal, shield breaker, spriggans
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My build isnt as convetional:

5 Stuhns(frontbar)
    5 Trappings(backbar)
    Wild hunr ring
    Velidreth or Balrogh

It has really nice kite potential, im not a fan of the bruiser playstyle this patch, too much aoe and procsets rolling around.

Can substitute clever on backbar for more dmg, altough trappings allows me to run tri food so i have more max mag, since both toppling and ritual are very expensive.

The damage is very good, and with stuhns i can run crescent sweep for a potent and cheap ult.

And ever since ive equipped wild hunt ring my survivabilty has gone up significantly.
  • sniperfire03
    Deadly front bar stuhns body balorgh monster with toppling charge. 2 hvy 5 med. Drop a rune a go to work. Your welcome!!!!!!!
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really loving this setup on my stapler right now:

Bone Pirate + Deadly strikes 2h maul front bar + master bow back bar + ring of the wild hunt + 1x bloodspawn/kena.

Orc

Lots of damage and fully speed capped. Much fun!
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Deadly front bar stuhns body balorgh monster with toppling charge. 2 hvy 5 med. Drop a rune a go to work. Your welcome!!!!!!!

I'll be honest I'm not a fan of deadly as it doesn't buff things like burning light, light and heavy attacks, the initial dmg of db/spear ult etc.
    Maybe if running multiple dots like maelstrom 2h or master dw etc, otherwise I feel like it's not worth.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

I'll be honest I'm not a fan of deadly as it doesn't buff things like burning light, light and heavy attacks, the initial dmg of db/spear ult etc.
    Maybe if running multiple dots like maelstrom 2h or master dw etc, otherwise I feel like it's not worth.

Have you tried it? I was having similar doubts but then I put it on and now I can't take it off! lol
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Have you tried it? I was having similar doubts but then I put it on and now I can't take it off! lol

Yes, interesting thing about deadly is that it is not shown in tooltip and is applied to target, not to you. So it's not bonus like minor berserk, which has diminishing returns in CP due to how +% damage done bonuses work in formula, but it is making target receive 20% more damage from jabs and dots, so you may say it increases all damage by plain 20%. But base WD&penetration is important too, if they are not sufficient then NMA will be better... so Deadly become good due to new Balorgh it seems.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the sound of deadly: would it work well combined with Malacath?
    However I’m not too keen on forgetting crit damage?
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

We are crit class, you'll lose a lot of class features with Malacath:
    - 10% crit damage
    - free major savagery
    - potl, BL now might have juicy crits, with malacath there will be none.

Overall, it looks like wild hunt is good selection if you want to use mythic.
    If I had greymoor I would go with balorgh, deadly front, clever alchemist back, wild hunt and 1 excessive piece of clever alchemist on front bar for extra 129 wd.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We are crit class, you'll lose a lot of class features with Malacath:
    - 10% crit damage
    - free major savagery
    - potl, BL now might have juicy crits, with malacath there will be none.

You’re totally right!! I put the build together on paper and the loss of crit is way too big
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After interchanging, NMA/Deadly several times on same build, I may say one thing. With Deadly you don't need Executioner, because channel or not, Deadly jabs hit harder then executioner all the way, maybe with exception of last 5%. Lag doesn't mean much, because alternative to jabs - dizzy doesn't work when game becomes too laggy too.

So if you want more healing and have empty slots - NMA. If your build is starved on slots and you need more damage - then Deadly.

My current bar setup, which I really like and it feels "smooth":
    Maul NMA/Deadly: Toppling charge, Jabs, Vigor, ER, Rally, DBoS
    Backbar, Master's bow: Mist, Poison Injection, Potl, Elude, Rune, Ballista/Remembrance.

If I went with S&B backbar, I'll swap Poison injection for Caltrops most probably... anyway, no space for executioner without sacrificing either gap closer, mist or major evasion. Gap closer is must have against magsorcs/nightblades imo, and it is your stun (though mediocre in stun role ofc), mist is damage buff, snare/immo removal and great escape tool, elude... major evasion = must have for melee spec in my opinion.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After interchanging, NMA/Deadly several times on same build, I may say one thing. With Deadly you don't need Executioner, because channel or not, Deadly jabs hit harder then executioner all the way, maybe with exception of last 5%. Lag doesn't mean much, because alternative to jabs - dizzy doesn't work when game becomes too laggy too.

So if you want more healing and have empty slots - NMA. If your build is starved on slots and you need more damage - then Deadly.

Backbar, Master's bow: Mist, Poison Injection, Potl, Elude, Rune, Ballista/Remembrance.

If I went with S&B backbar, I'll swap Poison injection for Caltrops most probably... anyway, no space for executioner without sacrificing either gap closer, mist or major evasion. Gap closer is must have against magsorcs/nightblades imo, and it is your stun (though mediocre in stun role ofc), mist is damage buff, snare/immo removal and great escape tool, elude... major evasion = must have for melee spec in my opinion.

This is a likely combination for updating my stamplar...tried it and so far it's working well...however...…..what would you modify in order to add Ring of the Wild Hunt?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed today after fighting a stamplar, I had like a small cyclone on me right after they died. Anyone know what that is?

Fir that matter; is there a good reference to all set visuals? Alcast has some but there is just so many things.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I noticed today after fighting a stamplar, I had like a small cyclone on me right after they died. Anyone know what that is?

Fir that matter; is there a good reference to all set visuals? Alcast has some but there is just so many things.

That was relequen most probably :D
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

That was relequen most probably :D

Lol. Oh MYM; you bring such gifts.

Its funny because I came up some steps and got a DBOS on my vamp ass and went defensive as they went HAM then was like "Wait a minute..." then just went on attack and killed them mid air when they jumped trying to run.
    Edited by technohic on June 27, 2020 9:45PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a likely combination for updating my stamplar...tried it and so far it's working well...however...…..what would you modify in order to add Ring of the Wild Hunt?

For Mythic setup, I think clever alchemist back will be optimal. Then you can go with S&B and also slot caltrops or ransack so you will have absolutely everything in one build - ton of damage, ton of penetration, s&b protection, wild hunt will grant overall speed + you'll have major expedition from elude when hit by aoe.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Bal, shield breaker, spriggans

Cp?
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slot Sellistrix, Ritual of Retribution, get speed, get defile, hit the "ez mode" button after that..

Though I am pretty certain Sellistrix will get a nerf since it's too OP in its current state, not just in PvP...

If not, then...once people realize how strong that set is on live, I will start sweating even more...

I wiped a zerg only because of that set. If that is not the definition of OP, I don't know what is.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imo it's been, but ig the increased damage has made a huge difference. Need to try it.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadly and NMA are really good together...the lack of stamina is balanced by jabs being so much more effective.
    Tried Sellis too: pleasantly surprised!!!

How on Earth will I fit Malacath now!!! I’m almost tempted to ditch a monster set
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still running Ancient Dragonguard / Battlefield Acrobat / Bloodspawn, but I'm considering replacing BA with Stuhn's or Deadly Strike and Bloodspawn with the Torc mythic or a better monster set if sustain is not an issue. 5 medium 2 heavy.

Anyone else still running sustain sets? Is it necessary?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Still running Ancient Dragonguard / Battlefield Acrobat / Bloodspawn, but I'm considering replacing BA with Stuhn's or Deadly Strike and Bloodspawn with the Torc mythic or a better monster set if sustain is not an issue. 5 medium 2 heavy.

I am using eternal vigor now and then just dump everything else in WD, so even with Deadly I still can reach 6k WD without continuous, though not with 100% uptime. Really love it against magDK, magsorcs, magblades, that new poison proc set, stamDKs, whoever etc, technically you have endless ER that way. Cleanse, cleanse, cleanse, you don't even need to use shuffle (I run Elude morph instead, which is twice GCD/stam cost effective), because i simply remove immobilization/snare with ER. Your magicka just feel bottomless, your aoe healing field always around you. I bet ZOS will nerf torc, amber plasm and eternal vigor soon. That amount of free sustain is just balance-breaking.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the idea of using eternal Vigor but I fear the benefits would be gimped if I can’t have it both front and back bar.
    I can’t seem to able able to fit it in if I use a mythic item

I’m using NMA and Deadly here and in the past I always used Bone Pirate: I had to put more stam rec on the jewels cause I felt I was falling short.
    In my case it’s more a L2P issue cause I’m too used to a higher stam and stam rec pool
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    Deadly and NMA are really good together...the lack of stamina is balanced by jabs being so much more effective.

How on Earth will I fit Malacath now!!! I’m almost tempted to ditch a monster set

Swap nma for clever alch back bar, 7th or smite.
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    Appo wrote: »

Appo wrote: »

Or my new mega banger stuhns back bar and toppling charge on back bar, keep it a secret ohhhhhhh w8......thank me later 😉