The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

7-8 hour maintenance for what?

• amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SmukkeHeks wrote: »
    Keledus wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    According to the banner at the top of the forum's main page, maintenance is scheduled for 8 hours, which is a third of a day-- and less than half of a day is not "nearly a day long," so let's try to be patient.

We know from the banner that the Crown Store and the player account system are included in the maintence, so they must be at least part of the reason for the maintenance.

''Third of a day'', the day I'm talking about is not 24 hours, take your 8 hour sleep off, leaves 16 hours, so atleast half a day.
    And considering timezones yes its like the entire day for me might be different for you eitherway its besides the point of this whole thread.

Point being, the communication.

Whichever time zone you're in, it is scheduled for the dead middle of night on a Tuesday morning when everyone is asleep. Or at least the bulk of the population.

It started at 9 and ended 15 in middle of Europe

But it's the North American server...

Not the one that’s placed in Europe ...

Far as I know it's the NA server that's down for maintenance.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the banner at the top of the forum's main page, maintenance is scheduled for 8 hours, which is a third of a day-- and less than half of a day is not "nearly a day long," so let's try to be patient.

We know from the banner that the Crown Store and the player account system are included in the maintence, so they must be at least part of the reason for the maintenance.

''Third of a day'', the day I'm talking about is not 24 hours, take your 8 hour sleep off, leaves 16 hours, so atleast half a day.
    And considering timezones yes its like the entire day for me might be different for you eitherway its besides the point of this whole thread.

Whichever time zone you're in, it is scheduled for the dead middle of night on a Tuesday morning when everyone is asleep. Or at least the bulk of the population.

I don't think any of the servers are down for maintenance, right now.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no matter how many hours they do maintenance,the game is unplayable ATM for PC EU,kicked twice from server,lost my queue for campaign,I can't even bank my items without delay

great work Zos, again
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a few occasions, Zos has told us what they were doing during the maintenance but it seems fairly normal in the industry to not detail what maintenance is being done. We now maintenance usually covers work such as changes to equipment or patches made to the game that does not require a client patch.
    Options
  • menathradiel
    menathradiel
    ✭✭✭✭

"×Maintenance for the week of July 6:
    • [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – July 7, 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC) – 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)"

Tank Girl
    Options
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for most of Europe...
    Edited by mikikatze on July 7, 2020 5:42PM
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Today's maintenance consisted of some backend infrastructure work that needed to be done on all the megaservers. You can expect the next incremental patch to be next week for both PC and console.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Gina, we are a rough crowd. lol
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's maintenance consisted of some backend infrastructure work that needed to be done on all the megaservers. You can expect the next incremental patch to be next week for both PC and console.

So, exactly what we thought. Cleaning out the cage. Oiling the wheel. Tossing the old pellets. Fresh water in the water bottle.

Edit... just to be clear... talking about the megaservers... not you. :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on July 7, 2020 6:10PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Keledus
    Keledus
    ✭✭✭

Thank you, thats all I wanted to hear thanks for communicating and replying to this thread.
    PC - EU
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After todays patch feels like lag is twice stronger.
    Options
  • pyd
    pyd
    Hi Cinbri, any evidence to back up your claim (you know, things like Before and After vclips), or do we just have to take your feeling for it?
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pyd wrote: »
    Hi Cinbri, any evidence to back up your claim (you know, things like Before and After vclips), or do we just have to take your feeling for it?

Guess he's on the 'node' they picked on this week to be bad, 'cos atm mine is better than it's been for the last month!
    :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • pyd
    pyd
    1. ESO user connects to (PC/XBOX/PS4) (EU/NA) server and gets allocated to one particular vInstance in the relevant domain/platform combo, based on (I would guess) overall vInstance load (load being defined as a combination of at least CPU and network load figures -- the allocation is based on last available stats and the polling interval is obviously key)

2. ESO user [Snip] about [Snip] performance but does not bother to log out / log back in to confirm, forgetting that his session to that particular vInstance will not end up until he does so

3. ESO user posts comment on forums and cry havoc.

Yeah, I feel your pain.

[Edited for profanity bypass/bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 7, 2020 8:00PM
    Options
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a ton of topics saying the game is trash and they need to fix it blablabla.
    Then the do maintenance and again a topic because oh no you can't play for a few hours.

You do realise that people make this game. Living human beings who do the best they can and when they can.

Just play another game while the update is going or go for a walk watch a movie whatever. Time flies when you keep busy.
    Options
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And by the way, they're scheduling maintenance less often than they used to.

It's still every fortnight, yes? Same as it ever was, then.

I didn't get to play at all last night; the PS4 servers were down before dinner time (my time) until about 1am, when I was sleeping because of (expletive deleted) work.
    Edited by LadyLethalla on July 8, 2020 12:37AM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
    Options
  • Avariprivateer
    Avariprivateer
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

So, exactly what we thought. Cleaning out the cage. Oiling the wheel. Tossing the old pellets. Fresh water in the water bottle.

Edit... just to be clear... talking about the megaservers... not you. :smile:

Added glow mice for night shift.
    https://nightsea.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/mouse_GFP.jpg
    Edited by Avariprivateer on July 8, 2020 12:56AM
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could you either confirm or deny that it was to remove increased resources for Midyear Mayhem? Sure seems like it.
    Options
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It started at 17 and ended a bit after 00 in east coast Australia, so I don't know what other people are complaining about.
    Edited by TheRealPotoroo on July 8, 2020 3:37AM
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
    Options
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It started at 17 and ended a bit after 00 in east coast Australia, so I don't know what other people are complaining about.

I know..

I can offer you fresh baked chocolate cake and a hug, if that helps?
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    So we get nearly a day long maintenance without them telling us why.
    Great communication, I'd rate it a -9000 out of 10.

Can we get some insight? @ZOS_GinaBruno

With all the issues currently at hand and regularly scheduled maintenance's, you're really going to sit there and complain about lengthy down time for maintenance? You complain about performance, you complain about maintenance...which is it going to be or do you just complain when you're inconvenienced?

Ppl complain about everything lol. The longer matinence tend to be hardware related.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • Keledus
    Keledus
    ✭✭✭
    There are a ton of topics saying the game is trash and they need to fix it blablabla.
    Then the do maintenance and again a topic because oh no you can't play for a few hours.

You do realise that people make this game. Living human beings who do the best they can and when they can.

Just play another game while the update is going or go for a walk watch a movie whatever. Time flies when you keep busy.

That isn't the issue the issue is the bad communication which by the way has been for years. Also I wouldn't mind maintenenance man bring the servers down for days aslong as things get fixed and frankly enough they barely do fix what we want to have fixed.

Servers are still crap, bugs get shoved under the rug, I can list so much more yet its pointless because nothing gets done about it anyways.

We're all passionate about a game we love, we want it to succeed yet sometimes it feels like the company that makes the game is trying to self destruct. The way they handle things doesn't seem right. Not saying I can do any better but there has to be some change. We shouldn't accept being spoon fed microtransactions every month but the rest of the game issues get shoved under the rug every patch.
    This isn't a cheap game to play either, we pay lots of money, we're customers the least they can do is communicate properly with the customers. And fix the things that are & have been broken for months if not years. Me the customer shouldn't have to create a forum thread complaining about the bad communication gain enough attention for a community manager to reply with the reason they took down the servers for so long. It should be a courtesy that when they plan to take the servers down half a day they'd atleast write a couple sentences of why and what they're doing. Why? because thats the right thing to do.
    Edited by Keledus on July 8, 2020 8:10AM
    PC - EU
    Options
  • drfirepants
    drfirepants
    ✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    So we get nearly a day long maintenance without them telling us why.
    Great communication, I'd rate it a -9000 out of 10.

Can we get some insight? @ZOS_GinaBruno

With all the issues currently at hand and regularly scheduled maintenance's, you're really going to sit there and complain about lengthy down time for maintenance? You complain about performance, you complain about maintenance...which is it going to be or do you just complain when you're inconvenienced?

Ppl complain about everything lol. The longer matinence tend to be hardware related.

People complain because they bring the servers down for 8 hours and nothing changes. If things were actually fixed no one would care about how long they come down for.
    Options