The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO is for people who want play mmo without mmo?

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    morrowjen wrote: »
    slipciok wrote: »
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Did you think insulting the player base was going to get you a reasonable answer or discussion?

What exactly was your goal here?

He couldn't even get his comparisons and insults right. Saying combat is better in Skyrim is just lmao. I love TES games but they were never good at combat. That's one area where ESO is outstanding --to the point where I miss the fast pace, ease and fluidity of ESO combat when I play other games.

Yes, Skyrim combat is better then in ESO.

On no planet is this true. Skyrim combat is slow and clunky. It might as well be Pong for all the effort it requires. The only way it's better is that you could make yourself a god roaming around and killing everything in sight without effort. Just spam whatever ya got and never worry about resources, potions, or anything.

To be fair, ESO's combat mechanics are a hairs breath away from a typical Asian Hack'n'slash. TES:V's combat felt weighted and real, even the arrows for your bow were unique objects WITH physics! ESO's arrows are lock on homing missiles.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everywhere I read that ESO is great single player MMO game - and that's good thing for people.

Just curious. How mmo game can be a single game?
    If i play Skyrim, i am only affected by my actions and those of the computer (AI script). If i login to ESO and play in Western Skyrim, i am affected by people in Western Skyrim even though i play as a single player.

* When i ran my delve daily, i was a third of the way through the delve without killing anything because someone just ahead of me killed the NPCs right before i arrived. They affected my gameplay.
    * When i did the world boss daily, i had to wait about a minute for it spawn, because it had not respawned from its last death yet. I killed it solo with about 10 other people who may or may not have been solo. We were not grouped or in anyway playing together. We just were killing the same boss at the same time. They affected my gameplay.
    * When i did the harrowstorm daily, i missed my first storm because i didnt make it there in time. When i found my second storm, i did both DPS and healed myself and other players while playing solo. Those players helped me with the harrowstorm and i helped them. They affected my gameplay.
    * When i got back to solitude, i collected my rewards and emptied my inventory. I checked my mail to collect gold from my items that sold on guild traders. Other players bought items that i previously put up for sale. No group was needed for this... but they affected my gameplay.

Being in a world that is affected and manipulated by other humans makes the game a MMO. Because it has a large amount of solo content makes it single player friendly. This makes it a single player MMO.
    What is the point of ESO?
    Ill take entertainment for $200, Alex.
    And... God... Is just generally bad game with shop in shop ins store with dlc and shop with lootboxes.
    Did you think the crown store was the game or something? Or do you just like to shop?
    Quests are boring and the same, just someone talk super slow and boring style.
    Actually all the quest tell a story which i like. ESO is known for its voice acting and storytelling. If you prefer the WoW style of quest which is " Go here and kill 10 of that" this game is not for you. Not even daily quest are that lame in ESO. You can click through all the dialog and just read the highlights in your journal or the active quest in top right.
    Graphic is bad, animations are bad.
    If your not playing on a higher end machine Skyrim and Oblivion might seem better graphics wise. You get on a decent PC with a good CPU and graphics card and the detail is actually pretty stunning. So i would say that is more your PC than anything.
    I was fighting with some mob and in some moment my character stop animation, crouch and I move like that for next 2 minutes. Other time I fight with mob and in some moment he get full health and full immortality.
    Neither of these are actually bugs. In the first case you actually hit the "crouch" key and the " auto move" key. In the second, you pulled the mob out of range of his spawn and he became invincible and ran back to his spawn point
    And this new mini game (antiquities) look like some games my mum play on the phone!
    Maybe she will be able to help you out then! Or you could get her to play as well as you could be the dynamic duo!
    After playing like 20h and try, try hard with subscription I just don't understand why some people say is good game?
    Lol 20 hours? Yeah thats nothing in this game. That's like going to the airport to go on a two week holiday and you say " this holiday is so boring, it sucks!" while going through security on the first day.
    BTW, armors... they are 2D textures mostly! Check FFXIV or other MMO games. God just check Skyrim.
    If you think that FFXIV and skyrim gear looks better than ESO gear, you are definitely on potato graphics.
    But PVP is laggy and buggy.
    There is an event on for PVP called Midyear Mayhem. During this even large numbers of people who dont usually pvp, pvp. Those that normally pvp, do so even more. So you see a decrease in performance.
    Dungeons? They are ok.
    Base game dungeons, the only ones you will have played are pretty easy. They get much harder when you get into DLC and chapter dungeons and when you get into vet versions as well.
    Trials they are not interesting.
    You determined that after 20 hours of gameplay? Wow impressive.
    But calling ESO a MMO game is just false,
    It is a massive multiplayer online game. If it makes you feel better you can pretend its not, but that wont change anything.
    and calling ESO good game is even bigger false.
    And here we have the 20hr review from "Dareal Metacritic" Thank you for your excellent critique in record time. I especially loved your in depth thoughts on trials!
    But for rest? Try free trial and put some more then 5h in this game, because first 1, 2h are very nice in ESO, after time You jus starting discovering that everything is just copy/past in bland world with bland people in fake MMO style.
    I hear Fallout 76 is absolutely awesome(/sarcasm). You should give it a try as ESO does not seem to be a game for you.

Edited by Anotherone773 on June 30, 2020 5:08AM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Part of why I like ESO is the way gear looks- I don't want to look all anime-cartoony. And Skyrim has some neat armor but it's hard to look past the fact that my character's face looks freaking terrifying.

Re. combat... Skyrim combat is just "whack or shoot enemy til it dies and if I have trouble hit ~ + tgm and I'm all set". At the very least I have yet to figure out how to pull up the console commands in ESO, please advise.

I personally am one of those TES fans who plays ESO for the TES and likely wouldn't be here otherwise, but I've only met one other guildie who knows the TES universe and lore and has played all of the single player games, and even he is here for the MMO aspect more than the TES flavor. For funsies I recreated the scene from when you "meet" Sotha Sil in TES III and hid it I'm my house for guildies to stumble upon. A lot of them found it but none of them knew what they were looking at, so the whole thing was a flop and now they just think I'm weirder than they initially thought.

tl;dr the majority of people I've met are here solely for the MMO part of the game and have no experience with or interest in the single player TES games and I wasted 130k gold on a witch corpse.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tl;dr the majority of people I've met are here solely for the MMO part of the game and have no experience with or interest in the single player TES games and I wasted 130k gold on a witch corpse.
    I hope you don't mean the craftable ones >_>.

Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP's got all the answers and knows what ESO is all about....

20Hrs?!?

tenor.gif?itemid=4668583

MMO... 20hrs.... MMO...

<smh>
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    I hope you don't mean the craftable ones >_>.

Lol no, I've got a whole crate of those somewhere because I apparently can't decorate a house without adding something in am attempt to disturb or surprise people. I think the one I used is "Witch's Corpse, Offering" that's offered periodically from the luxury vendor.

I think there's a stack of like 20 of the motifs for the craftable one in my guild bank right now; can't even give those away at this point.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Did you think insulting the player base was going to get you a reasonable answer or discussion?

What exactly was your goal here?

He couldn't even get his comparisons and insults right. Saying combat is better in Skyrim is just lmao. I love TES games but they were never good at combat. That's one area where ESO is outstanding --to the point where I miss the fast pace, ease and fluidity of ESO combat when I play other games.

Yes, Skyrim combat is better then in ESO.

On no planet is this true. Skyrim combat is slow and clunky. It might as well be Pong for all the effort it requires. The only way it's better is that you could make yourself a god roaming around and killing everything in sight without effort. Just spam whatever ya got and never worry about resources, potions, or anything.

To be fair, ESO's combat mechanics are a hairs breath away from a typical Asian Hack'n'slash. TES:V's combat felt weighted and real, even the arrows for your bow were unique objects WITH physics! ESO's arrows are lock on homing missiles.

I do love watching a snipe arrow disappear around a wall in BGs. J/K. I do miss the arrows and hitting objects and bouncing off them onto the ground. Or being able to pull arrows out of your victims only to reuse for the 10th time. I feel like they took a lot away from TES when they gave us unlimited homing arrows in ESO. We could have built a lot of gameplay just around having different arrows with different properties available.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You just not a target customer, this is all that simple. And yeah, saying that skyrim quests are any better is a funny one.
  • Shokner
    Shokner
    ✭✭✭
    Some people have strange ideas about what constitutes an MMO, any game that has loads of players online is an MMO to be honest Candy crush online is could also fall into this category. Depends on your take on what massive is really.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your definition of MMO is too narrow and outdated based on maybe early games or just the games you know.
    The objectives of an MMO are not necessarily related to seeing a lot of people and doing activities with a lot of people at the same time, too.
    The "MM" component has a function in an MMO, and those are not the only functions nor even the most important.
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everywhere I read that ESO is great single player MMO game - and that's good thing for people.

So... ESO game is only for blind ES fanatics? Or maybe for people who don't want play in MMO but they want see other people so they can show them how cool they look, because they just buy some costumes from game store? BTW, armors... they are 2D textures mostly! Check FFXIV or other MMO games. God just check Skyrim.
    Dungeons? Trials? PVP? I like them, mostly PVP in battlegrounds. But PVP is laggy and buggy. Dungeons? They are ok. Trials they are not interesting. And this combat animation cancelling?! ESO from bug make future, and people mostly I see they say "oh animation cancelling is so deep system" - seriously? So maybe other bugs are also just future of ESO.
    I wonder what MMO you do like - and why?

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are things I wish the devs would pursue, like NPC's that were more dynamic, horses that actually had animations like horses, and the terrible habit of calling old cringe worthy bugs (Standing on your horse dragging your bow going for a health potion and getting a weird emote ) "features"

There is a war and peace sized list really...but that still doesn't make the game not a MMO.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never wanted to play an MMO. I didn’t especially want to play a TES game and never had. When I fired up ESO in April last year, it was only as an Xbox Game Pass Quest. By the time I got my second Xbox Live achievement I knew that, whatever ESO is, it’s what I want to play.
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    what's the point of this thread? you/ve tried a game, you don't like it - ok, get a refund and move forward. why do you think that we must know it?

P.S. Enjoying trials part after 20 hours of gaming is outstanding
    Edited by jm42 on June 30, 2020 8:23AM
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see this comparison, I can only think that people are showing their (young) age. Or lack of experience with RPGs

I laughed at it as Lineage 2 has real "3 in a row" mini-game, helping you to wait for epic-bosses for hours. At that time, my Nokia had Snake and Bounce games that was quite funny
    Edited by jm42 on June 30, 2020 8:29AM
  • Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭

Just curious. How mmo game can be a single game? Is not better to play in single game then mmo to play... alone? I think Oblivion, Skyrim also have much better quests and world then ESO.

What is the point of ESO? Is the game only for ES people? I was never a fan of ES (for me they are boring games - and I love RPG genre - mostly old Fallout games and Arcanum) - but ES was always blend, bugged and boring.
    But... I try ESO.... I buy new Skyrim little dlc in promotion... And... God... Is just generally bad game with shop in shop ins store with dlc and shop with lootboxes. Quests are boring and the same, just someone talk super slow and boring style. Graphic is bad, animations are bad. Bugs! I was fighting with some mob and in some moment my character stop animation, crouch and I move like that for next 2 minutes. Other time I fight with mob and in some moment he get full health and full immortality

Many people said how good is this game but... After playing like 20h and try, try hard with subscription I just don't understand why some people say is good game?

Dungeons? Trials? PVP? I like them, mostly PVP in battlegrounds. But PVP is laggy and buggy. Dungeons? They are ok. Trials they are not interesting. And this combat animation cancelling?! ESO from bug make future, and people mostly I see they say "oh animation cancelling is so deep system" - seriously? So maybe other bugs are also just future of ESO.

1) crouch says hi

2) How do you know trials aren't interesting after 20h of play?

3) I have found very few mmos interesting in the first few levels. It's normally about the end game. If you just want to quest and do pvp then maybe idk, black desert, gw2 or archeage maybe better for you.

4) my main point, if you don't like the game uninstall it, I don't see the point in this post, it is your opinion of the game, no one is here to convince you otherwise or change their opinion based on your experience. No likely? Uninstally. Zos aren't going to redesign the game cause slipciok doesn't like it
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's be honest for a minute, the game isn't really good. It's not bad either, tech issues notwithstanding, but it's not exceptionnaly good. The game only shines because it doesn't have any serious competition, and is based on a major and well-loved setting, the Elder Scrolls universe.

Take the same game mechnaics but remove the Elder Scrolls licence, and you suddenly end with a "meh" game. And, well, considering how the races have been butchered wompared to the original lore, we might very well be on our slow way there.

So it's easy to see why someone who wouldn't be that much into the main selling point, the Elder Scrolls universe, would find the game average. Now, playing 20 hours or so and saying the whole game sucks, and has no multiplayer content, is bulldung.
    Edited by Uryel on June 30, 2020 9:31AM
  • Lannharr
    Lannharr
    ✭✭✭
    I started playing ESO even if I didn't play MMOs in long time apart Warframe from time to time because you can solo most of the content or you can choose to party with other players.

The choice is yours.

• redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I keep stumbling over is that OP have apparently only played this game for 20 hours, give and take a bit, yet have a fully formed opinion on trials. Like, what? How do you even get to 160 cp in 20 hours, much less run trials and enough trials (not to mention vet dlc dungeons) to form any kind of solid opinion?

But okay. Listen OP you've found this game isn't to your liking and that's fine. I just picked up WoW again because of performance issues in ESO so I wanted to see how that one is doing these days and if it was something I'd enjoy (again, as I played it years ago). I picked up a two month play time because the initial 20 levels you can do isn't enough to form an opinion imo. You know what? I can't recall the last time I was that bored to tears playing something. I've gotten two characters to about 50, which isn't even half way to max I know, but I also know that even if this game might get more interesting when I hit max I'm simply not going to be caught enough by the game to get there. And as someone who plays for story more than dungeons and raids, WoW just isn't a game for me. And that's fine too. I don't jump into the WoW forum with a half page long rant about how WoW is bad and not a proper MMO because [insert some personal opinion here], because I'm mature enough to know there's no reason to bash a game simply because it doesn't suit my person taste in games. I just quietly leave again.

PS. "I quit" threads are against the forum rules.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just curious. How mmo game can be a single game? Is not better to play in single game then mmo to play... alone? I think Oblivion, Skyrim also have much better quests and world then ESO.

What is the point of ESO? Is the game only for ES people? I was never a fan of ES (for me they are boring games - and I love RPG genre - mostly old Fallout games and Arcanum) - but ES was always blend, bugged and boring.
    But... I try ESO.... I buy new Skyrim little dlc in promotion... And... God... Is just generally bad game with shop in shop ins store with dlc and shop with lootboxes. Quests are boring and the same, just someone talk super slow and boring style. Graphic is bad, animations are bad. Bugs! I was fighting with some mob and in some moment my character stop animation, crouch and I move like that for next 2 minutes. Other time I fight with mob and in some moment he get full health and full immortality.

And this new mini game (antiquities) look like some games my mum play on the phone!

Many people said how good is this game but... After playing like 20h and try, try hard with subscription I just don't understand why some people say is good game? Is not a good mmo, is even not bad mmo is just not mmo. Because sometimes i see other people not make a game mmo. Is a bad single player game - I buy and installed a Skyrim, put some mods from Nexus and... Even if I don't like ES games... WOW! That was fun after ESO. Combat was better, animations was better and quests was interesting.

So... ESO game is only for blind ES fanatics? Or maybe for people who don't want play in MMO but they want see other people so they can show them how cool they look, because they just buy some costumes from game store? BTW, armors... they are 2D textures mostly! Check FFXIV or other MMO games. God just check Skyrim.

Not every game is for evryone. But calling ESO a MMO game is just false, and calling ESO good game is even bigger false. Is a good game for ES fans who just completed Skyrim 100 times and they want some more ES. But for rest? Try free trial and put some more then 5h in this game, because first 1, 2h are very nice in ESO, after time You jus starting discovering that everything is just copy/past in bland world with bland people in fake MMO style.

You have played for only 20 hours, and you are already here on the forums complaining? You literally know NOTHING about the game at this point. If you don't like it simply play something else.

ESO is one of the most successful, popular, most content rich, graphically and aesthetically beautiful MMOs on the market. It has issues as most major games do, pvp issues with lag renders it unplayable at times, which yes are shocking, but pvp is an add on, not the focus of ESO for most people. And in 20 hours, how much pvp have you done anyway (while cramming in all that questing, dungeons and trials you say youv done!), you wont have a clue how to duel or how to contribute in Cyrodiil etc! Cyrodiil has a lot to offer, as do Battlegrounds and Imperial City.

You have not even scratched the surface of ESO in 20 hours. I also find it questionable that you say you've engaged with dungeons and trials, of which there are a metric ton of, in only 20 hours. It probably takes the bulk of that time to level a single character to CP160 to even get into trials. I suspect youve done a few dungeons and maybe a trial or two, and think this is enough to pass judgement (it isn't), when you probably had no idea what was going on or how to get the most out of such content and contribute. Or maybe dungeons and trials just arnt for you.

Also, for almost 2 years, I played ESO mainly as a single player game. I quested the story lines and completed overland content. I found it a rich, immersive and rewarding experience, comparable with Morrowing, Oblivion and Skyrim single player experiences. 5 years after I started, I am still here, still enjoying the game, as are so many others after 6+ years... I think that says something about ESO and perhaps your take isn't quite accurate to most folk.
    Edited by Grianasteri on June 30, 2020 10:02AM
  • Ziio
    Ziio
    Soul Shriven
    I hope the following post wont get me banned because of truth overdose and if it does well at least i spoke the truth.
    The only thing i like about ESO is exploring and voice acting in EVERY quest even if its bad voice acting, other than that the author of this post is right , this is a really bad game in many many ways with many bugs, most of it is actually imported from skyrim just with downgraded graphics so they had most of it ready by completing skyrim, they even tried to do the exact same thing with fallout 4 and fallout 76 but we all saw how this turned out. They imported the already bad skyrim combat but they made it even worse and added skills. The whole game is hanging by a thin thread of skyrim references to make fans like it and feel nostalgic, of course the dedicated fans of any game in its official forum will strike these kind of posts down but what the author said is the truth, also lets not forget that to play the whole game as it is today you need around 700 euro OR eso plus, in other words they are forcing you to buy subscription by overpricing everything in crown store, so if you want to experience every dlc you have to buy eso plus, also they have 2 classes behind a paywall of 3000 crowns in other words 35 euros which is almost the price of the latest expansion and twice the price the base game was sold after its bad launch. Then we have the issue of the crown store being purely cosmetic, yeah like merchant pet 50€, banker pet 50€, fence pet 50€, 5 extra inventory slots pet 10€, research tomes for crafting to skip research that would take free user months to complete normally and riding tomes that would take 180 days and 180×250gold for a free to play user to complete and when i am saying free user i mean the user who bought the base game for 60 to 15€ and dont get me started on their support for consoles, consoles like ps4 on top of it all have to pay 60€ ps plus per year and suffer game breaking bugs like the fence UI error for a full month before they are patched. Before you reply things like "then dont play it" or "bye" let me stop you by saying i really enjoy the game and its ok if you enjoy it too, its a fun game but lets not hide behind our finger now lads this is one of the biggest cash grabs in the history of gaming. Bethesda and ZoS have milked TES Skyrim dry since 2013. Shall i keep going fanboys?ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED???
    -Gladiator pose-
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SWTOR is way better for a single player experience.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You wrote a long post, with many points in it, so most people are not going to agree with all of it.

I definitely agree with a lot of it, though.

The AC bug should never have been "embraced".

You find a bug, you root it out.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 30, 2020 11:19AM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ESO is multiplayer is a drawback I overlook. After 'outgrowing' the small size of both Oblivion and Skyrim, ESO has the mass and scale that I seek. ESO is reasonably friendly to soloists. The combat system is good and, for the first time in ES history, staves are good weapons! Laugh about the staves but it helps make up for the bow range which is shorter than one can throw a rock. The fact that I can't mod ESO is somewhat compensated by not having the headaches of trying manage a cantankerous Oblivion or Skyrim mod load order. Also, when something goes wrong with the game, my maintenance procedures are to go have a cup of coffee and let the nice devs deal with it.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on June 30, 2020 11:22AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveled and geared up a character, then did pvp, veteran dungeons and trials in 20 hours? :D

Press X for doubt!

Also funny how this is "For ES fanatics" only, with a number of people who play the game have no clue of the ES setting.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on June 30, 2020 12:00PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank You all for answer. For that I can see here is just game for ES people. That's totally ok. I also try veteran dungeons. Leveling is very fast in ESO with subscriptions, exp boost and spamming dungeons runs (I played a tank). I played also in ESO in 2014 I think when subscription was normal thing and I was remember dungeons was super hard and super fun that time, this is why I want try ESO again after reading how cool game it is. But dungeons are even not close hard like before.

I never also play in BDO. But I played in SWTOR and SWTOR is also single-mmo-type-game, and SWTOIR is more mmo then ESO it is.

But ok. I was just curious. Was looking some spark of hope, that maybe I need look somewhere else. But ESO is just ES people game.

Thank You for all answers and time.

Ohh. Ok. This makes sense now. Your topic is basically another "beginner content / overland" is too easy thread. And honestly, the more of these I see, the more I am thinking it is a real issue that ZOS needs to focus on above other things. Veteran players thinking overland is too easy doesn't convince me but people walking away from the game this easily is a problem.

OP, I've played a lot of MMOs (WOW, GW2, Rift, SWTOR, Aion, ESO) and there is a natural progression in most of them that causes power creep, because the veteran players need advancement to stay interested. ZOS at one point implemented One Tamriel, stating that we'd have more horizontal progression rather than vertical and that armor levels would stay where they were. This was also done so people could go anywhere and play with their friends. I still think that One Tamriel was a good decision and is part of why the game remains successful. However as a result the broadly-accessible content is really at the floor of content difficulty. New expansions, like Western Skyrim, don't have harder monsters than base game areas. They are all the same, everywhere, so new players can choose where they want to start, and begin at the new area instead of base game. Likewise more skilled players can go anywhere in the world and will find the same, easy monsters to kill, with the exception of things like world bosses and dragons which are scaled to be group content.

I started playing ESO because I like MMOs, NOT because I was an ES fan. I had only ever played Skyrim, and made very little progress because it was too time consuming and I prefer games where I can play with my friends. In fact, I am more interested in Skyrim now because of how much I learned about ES lore in this game, but I certainly wasn't a fan when I came here in 2014.

You're right that leveling is easy now, that overland content (non-instanced world content) is more relaxing than challenging, and that non-expansion dungeons are also easy. If you can't get past that, you probably won't have too much fun here until something changes. However, before you go, I have some suggestions...
    1. Check out this dungeon list. See how you can order the "Base Game" dungeons by minimum level? If you sort them that way, it's approximately a difficulty level, because the earlier you are allowed into the dungeon, the easier it needs to be. If you scroll down to "DLC dungeons," with the exception of the Harrowstorm dungeons (which btw I did find to be great fun.. just not as hard as the other DLC dungeons), they are all fairly challenging and definitely require decent skill and decent gear to clear. I have gotten stuck in these dungeons many a time when my randomly generated group did not make the cut. You might want to check these out before you move on.
    2. Explore Mods. You mentioned modding. This won't impact difficulty, but if the game seems bland, you could be feeling the design decision of ZOS to make the UI minimal and instead allow mods. You can do searches online for the best mods. Also a lot of options are "off" by default even in the game, such as scrolling combat text. More feedback from the game, to you, can make it feel much more interactive.
    3. Make a few alts. There are six classes in ESO, and ten races, and generally speaking builds can have a focus of stamina, magicka, health, hybrid, and PvE or PvP. Also, you can be a werewolf or vampire. All options are NOT equal and absolutely DO NOT appeal to everyone, so you might find that you enjoy healing better in ESO, or that stamina DPS is more fun for you. Again, this won't change the fact that the entry level content is easy, but it can be fun to explore what the different abilities do, work towards different builds, and learn the classes.
    4. Try soloing (or, since you are a tank, maybe duoing) content intended for groups. Normal dungeons become more difficult when you try to take them on alone. :)

The game is not perfect. I won't say that it is. But I don't agree that it is only for ES players and it seems to me that mostly the easy content is turning you off, and if you did enjoy the game once, you might want to try the harder stuff before you quit again. That content just isn't everywhere like it was in 2014, when you could go crazy trying to get past the main story quest, but ESO still has a lot to offer.
    Edited by peacenote on June 30, 2020 12:16PM
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as there are many rule violation occurring, mostly Baiting. During discussion please ensurer that you do so in a civil and constructive manner that is within the rules.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.