The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lag and Server performance in Cyrodiil

• RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    JB_den wrote: »
    Stuck in cyrodiil. This is an epic joke. I went into alliance locked and once other people came into view, the world would slow down and freeze up. I'd get kicked out. Logged in and now I get an error "check your internet connection", are you freaking kidding me? I can't get back to my main character.

Try again in 5-10 minutes. ZOS's servers take quite a while before they realize you are disconnected and let you back in. Either that, or they need to fix their provider's DoS protection which I suspect might be the real problem there - I have a theory that during lag bursts, they incorrectly assume you are trying to flood them, and they block you for 5-10 minutes, which is why you get disconnected, and on reconnection attempts the client isn't even able to detect your Internet connection - probably because their server flat out rejects any inbound packets coming from you for a certain period of time.

I tried once to contact them about it to see if my theory made any sense, and their support drone completely ignored what I wrote, and wanted to start basic troubleshooting 101, at which point I gave up even trying to reach out to them about these issues.

Options
  • GarethDav
    GarethDav
    ✭✭
    Even if you cancel ESO+, you don't get a chance to post feedback on why you are cancelling .... that should throw up a red flag right now that this company doesn't give a ***.

I'm cancelling due to the lag in Cyrodil they refuse to address and was never given a chance to say why was cancelling.

That is abysmal Customer Experience/Service right there.
    Options
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    GarethDav wrote: »
    Even if you cancel ESO+, you don't get a chance to post feedback on why you are cancelling .... that should throw up a red flag right now that this company doesn't give a ***.

I'm cancelling due to the lag in Cyrodil they refuse to address and was never given a chance to say why was cancelling.

That is abysmal Customer Experience/Service right there.

You do. In the e-mail you recieve when you cancel. it's some fancy mail adress they give you there to contact, like prioritysupport or something cant remember.

So send a mail to that one.

edit: when i did some year ago it wasn't an automated response and they said they read them all and send the reasons of cancellation to higher ups. Whether its true or not tho who knows
    Edited by Daviiid_ESO on June 29, 2020 10:17AM
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have had the same error today twice so far in Blackreach campaign. I'll get kicked and it'll say "check your internet connection". This is going well today... lol.
    Options
  • Murky_Dregs
    Murky_Dregs
    ✭✭✭
    Activation lag has made the Blackreach campaign IMPOSSIBLE.
    Options