The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lag and Server performance in Cyrodiil

• dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your game is quickly becoming an actual joke.
    Edited by dtsharples on May 20, 2019 4:44PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they give zero shitz man.
    this game is dying and thanks god, at least now ppl know they need to move on
    Edited by dtsharples on May 20, 2019 4:45PM
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a queue for skill activation... queue for activating vigor.

After 50 minutes... "ZoS has declined your invitation, press F to open the crownstore"
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos does not care about the customer. Elswyer is a TINY zone with a dragon or two. it will be free in a year.

The fact that we have been telling them for years that Cyro cannot handle more than 50 players in one spot was answered with Volendrung. A zerg magnet. These guys have our $$$ and are laughing at all of us.

Edited by thegreat_one on September 27, 2019 2:04AM
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos does not care about the customer. Elswyer is a TINY zone with a dragon or two. it will be free in a year.

The fact that we have been telling them for years that Cyro cannot handle more than 50 players in one spot was answered with Volendrung. A zerg magnet. These guys have our $$$ and are laughing at all of us.

• InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very sad when one of the skills a player has to master is how to predict lag spikes or play under different levels of lag.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's my bad y'all. Back when I invented lag and sold it to ZOS for 25 crowns and a camel, I thought it was a good idea.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea it's horrible and I usually finding myself playing shorter sessions because of it. Last session there were times I was having a hard time just getting light attacks off.

I have been playing MMOs for a long time and I cant think of one that performed nearly as bad as this one with large numbers of players engaged. It's a shame because the games active combat mechanic system is so well designed yet very badly implemented.
    Edited by Sureshawt on October 3, 2019 7:55PM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on console? My performance on PC/NA/Kaal has been noticeably better lately, even during huge keep battles while pop-locked, although there is still a little lag for skills to go off.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Are you on console? My performance on PC/NA/Kaal has been noticeably better lately, even during huge keep battles while pop-locked, although there is still a little lag for skills to go off.
    Lol no just stop
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    It gets worse every patch.
    NA-PC
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Lol no just stop

Stop what? Stop giving my honest experience and comparing it with others?
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭

yeah i feel too it has improved very slightly since about 1 or 2 weeks, but still unplayable at peaktimes imo. still cant barswap sometimes, gap close never hits but consumes stam and so on...
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah i feel too it has improved very slightly since about 1 or 2 weeks, but still unplayable at peaktimes imo. still cant barswap sometimes, gap close never hits but consumes stam and so on...

I pvp'd last night and lag was pretty bad, but it turns out there were multiple ball groups running at the time. This seems to be the difference maker for me: whether or not the big pvp guilds are running large organized groups. I think ZOS underestimated how much server load these groups would generate. Hopefully, they'll figure it out during their performance audits, but I'm not super-optimistic about it.
  • abelsgmx
    abelsgmx
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes you can't even switch the skill bar in lag spikes, lol
    Edit: It is necessary for the server to register the switch of bars?, I don't see any utility on this
    Edited by abelsgmx on February 18, 2020 6:59PM
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crashes that oftentimes take more than 10 minutes to come back from, load screens, mini freezes (everything stops for 3-5 seconds then goes into Speed Racer mode for a few seconds to catch up), FPS randomly dropping to the low teens or single digits for several seconds then popping back up into the 70's - 80's, skills not firing at all, skills only firing after the 5th or 6th button press, unbreakable CC's, unable to see big red circles of death from siege and skills, rubber banding, siege weapons too busy to work, inability to use a door, ultis not firing when other skills will (whoever thought cast times on ultis was a good idea has never been in Cyrodiil where everything already has a cast time due to the lag), light/heavy attacks not landing on the player or NPC directly in front of you because they aren't actually where you see them, rams not moving at all or wandering around aimlessly, getting stuck on render lines... all of it feels like it's been getting progressively worse. At what point does the lemon law apply?
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭
    Hello there,

Recently we've had to remove a large number of posts for baiting and flaming, which is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and on-topic to avoid thread derailment and action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.

I am glad ZOS has nothing constructive to add to forum posts that involve ZOS related things like server related issues desynching etc.

Thanks for baiting the players and forum users to eat each other alive then chastising them for bating and flaming each other.

good stuff
    Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU tonight - get into one fight, unable to mount for the rest of my time in Cyrodiil. Skills not firing, unable to swap bars, ping 250+, fps 20.

Literally unable to do anything because stuck in combat for more than 15 minutes. Try to relog, obviously can't log back in because, apparently, I'm already logged in.

ESO in a nutshell.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA - 40mins q time, teleport to keep > loading screen of death > back to login screen > q again.
    Everytime a keep flips we lose atleast 4 people out of the group.

Waiting in q and back to login AGAIN - no error message NOTHING. > Try to login > already logged in.
  • iamnotweakrwb17_ESO
    iamnotweakrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, performance today was the absolute worst I've ever seen it. My first death went something like this...

Stunned -> CC break -> Character stands there unable to move with bars greyed out for a good 6 seconds while 10 guys beat on me. The moment I gain control of my character, the cc immunity period is apparently over so.. -> stunned -> Beaten to death over the next 5 seconds or so.

After this I port to ash where there's a resource that's been taken. I go to recapture it and a handful of AD show up. It's super laggy despite the relative few players in combat. There is a good 5 seconds plus between abilities going off. More AD show up and I end up bailing for the keep. I get to my keep -> stand at the door for about 10 seconds pressing "E" while being beaten on by at least 4 AD. Finally enter into the keep then immediately come out of the keep -> Proceed to get beat on and stunned for another 5+ seconds. Enter into the keep and am in the keep for a good 20 seconds, still getting stunned, and still taking damage.

I shake my head and promptly port out.
    Edited by iamnotweakrwb17_ESO on February 24, 2020 7:31AM
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its so laggy the pink blobs in the sky have returned to cyrodiil, and the keeps dont even know which assets to load half the time. Its a damned mess. I have never IN MY ENTIRE 20 YEARS of online gaming seen this kind of shoddy performance in a pvp game. Not even STAR WARS Battlefront 1 was this bad!
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    Its so laggy the pink blobs in the sky have returned to cyrodiil, and the keeps dont even know which assets to load half the time. Its a damned mess. I have never IN MY ENTIRE 20 YEARS of online gaming seen this kind of shoddy performance in a pvp game. Not even STAR WARS Battlefront 1 was this bad!

Tbh i'd rather the sky to not load rather than the ground to not load if given the choice..
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

They never went away for me. It's really annoying when the edge of the pink dome is right in the middle of wherever you are trying to fight.
  • Rioh
    Rioh
    ✭✭
    I spend more time pvping my keyboard to try to cast an ability rather than doing anything in game while in cyrodil. Can we get a response at least acknowledging the issues we're having?
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    We keep losing pvp'rs every week because of the performance issues in cyrodiil. Its just not good enough Zos. You have a section of your game that is unplayable 80% of the time. Why do you not care about your PvP community @ZOS_GinaBruno I have been pvping for about 3 years and nothing has improved ... Im serious, nothing. How can you keep throwing artifacts and new siege weapons at us and think that it will keep us there? The rewards arent even worth it. You guys need to fix cyrodiil ASAP
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To think that this thread is from a year back and necroed at the similar time

And nothing has changed makes it even funnier lol
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried playing after work today lasted all of 5mins. My ulti will not fire on an opponent yet walk away from the fight 1 press and boom it goes off. Smh

Unplayable not a joke and not exaggerating
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    To think that this thread is from a year back and necroed at the similar time

And nothing has changed makes it even funnier lol

Like watching a slow train wreck... just getting worse and worse as the code band aids keep piling up... just think: ZoS makes 5-8 million a year off just subscriptions, not even in game purchases... how much $$$ does it take? FIX UR GAME!! GET GUD ZOS!!!
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH, as much as I enjoy PvP, I'm gonna say at this point just give everyone all the cyro achievements and switch it off.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I last commented on this post a year ago today. i can confirm that its got worse and worse. this new patch hasn't changed a thing in regards to lag and performance.
    its horrible and that's a year of my life i've struggled with this mess... why am i bothering.