The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lag and Server performance in Cyrodiil

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried doing the dolmen near Nikel just because I hadn’t done it and it was already going, and had to just walk away after 5 minutes. Skills weren’t firing, NPC cc’s weren’t registering properly so I kept failing to block/interrupt them, etc, and I was having worse performance than I had just had fighting 30 AD at Nikel. There was absolutely no one else nearby, except the random player riding to a fight at Brindle. I had come from PvE land just 1/2 an hour earlier and hadn’t noticed any problem with game performance, so the problem seems to be focused in Cyrodiil. Makes me wonder if they’re just not allocating enough server resources to the PvP side of the game.
    Edited by Marcus684 on April 1, 2019 6:00PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad truth to the lag is game design and the way it promotes balling up and spaming abilities... Vevic is managable most of the day until about 7pm est thats will several zerg guilds from opposing factions decide to form up... After the balling up starts the lag will follow... Im not going to post any guild names but if your in a guild that runs 24+ in and you ball up and spam while taking a ton of damage you are creating lag/latency .....

So how do you fix it ..... well you dont because changing the way healing and other aspects of the group play will drastically affect PVE which is by far the cash cow of this game .... The vast majority of players in this game PVE not PVP...

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While they distract you with the issue of Faction Locks, this is the real problem.
  • amnesiacradar
    amnesiacradar
    Soul Shriven
    Been playing ESO since Xmas, I'm in the 2nd week in Cyrodiil, I've experienced terrible FPS drop, lag, loading screens mid battle or when I'm just riding a mount. I'm trying to learn rotation and decided it's a waste of time as it's quite frustrating. All the complexities of the game mechanics are wasted whilst the lag issues and loading screens persist, I'm very disappointed and hope this gets sorted because after this campaign ends, I'm going back to playing pve.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very disappointed and hope this gets sorted because after this campaign ends, I'm going back to playing pve.

It will never get 'sorted out.' It might get a bit better or a bit worse, expecting a performance miracle is not realistic at this point.

Best way to deal with this IMO is to get some PvP during the off-hours and stay away from the game during prime time.
    Edited by Bergzorn on April 13, 2019 5:07PM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Angi
    Angi
    ✭✭✭
    its so *** painful honestly ,its even makes me ragequit from game >.> , totally umplayable and is common see on zone chat (yeah i admit im one of those) people complainin about it, also i had got some "1v1" scenarios where me and my oponent needed to stop fightin cause the delay barely let us do anything, usually we end whisperin to each other and talk about how crap the perfomance is.
    Edited by Angi on April 13, 2019 7:40PM
    i love magicka nightblade

PC/EU @Drago92 , -Angelica
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've been looking in all the wrong places and they have to start looking Elsweyr.

I'LL SEE MYSELF OUT.

you get an awesome
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    we have to wait months for the next patch notes and hope they fix basic quality of life things in pvp.

things pvpers actually want
    help with the lag

fix " double door" when you go through the door in pvp and get sent back outside to die

load screens in fields, keeps, towers

being in combat for 20+ minutes and having to run across the map on foot

Not being able to break CC or getting double CC (I get feared in two different directions. daily)

the keeps endlessly upgrade and downgrade for no reason.. causing load screens
  • dangerturk
    dangerturk
    Soul Shriven
    It's been several months since this post. I just tried to play a bit of 'fun pvp' on Cyrodiil. Had a 1v2 fight that took about 15 minutes, mainly cause of the lag we were unable to kill eachother. Eventually we gave up on fighting and just left.. It's unbearable, I wish the game description told me beforehand that this game simply doesn't work and that the devs completely gave up on the game. I'm a hardcore pvp fan in any mmorpg, I don't enjoy the PvE content much.. Is it still possible to get a refund after a month of playing?
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My goodness, just euthanize Cyrodiil. This is beyond pathetic. Extreme lag, constant disconnects, bizarre glitches. Why even pretend this is acceptable, just give it an honest death. The utter lack of moderation is bad enough, but even that pales in comparison to how utterly broken everything is.
    forever stuck in combat
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing new. It's been a lagfest since update 1.6. We've been asking for fixes for years and never really gotten any. I wouldn't hope for any improvement, you'll be disappointed.

But hey, at least we'll be getting more stuff in the crown store regularly.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our whole group got a bug last night where we were all just unable to move for 10 seconds or so.
    Unable to break free, dodge roll, use skills or potions. We were just sitting ducks waiting to be killed XD
    I honestly can't believe how bad ZOS have let this get - they really need to wake the F up and start behaving like a company that wants to retain its customer base.

A glut of my PVP guildies have up and left for good since January, and many more are thinking over the same idea now too.
    ZOS genuinely seem to have zero idea what they are doing, or how to fix these ongoing 4+ year issues.
    The whole game is covered in band-aid 'fixes' just temporarily masking how utterly absurd the coding is.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Our whole group got a bug last night where we were all just unable to move for 10 seconds or so.
    Unable to break free, dodge roll, use skills or potions. We were just sitting ducks waiting to be killed XD
    I honestly can't believe how bad ZOS have let this get - they really need to wake the F up and start behaving like a company that wants to retain its customer base.

A glut of my PVP guildies have up and left for good since January, and many more are thinking over the same idea now too.
    ZOS genuinely seem to have zero idea what they are doing, or how to fix these ongoing 4+ year issues.
    The whole game is covered in band-aid 'fixes' just temporarily masking how utterly absurd the coding is.

3 weeks ago or so I saw something similar for the first time in 5 years. There was several dozen EP fighting several dozen DC at Dragon and the server just went into slow motion. Abilities didn't work 9/10, everyone moved at like 1% speed, and it seemed to impact the whole campaign for 1-2 minutes. How anyone can lie to themselves and not believe ESO's current server performance is at all time low is beyond me. Accept that this company doesn't give a f*** about you and they're about to start developing other games and put this cash shop driven cash cow into maintenance mode in the years to come.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is broke in its current state. But yea go buy a new skin! im extremely frustrated at this point. Lag last night was so bad I could not switch bars during 1/4 of the fights. I had a combat bug the whole time I was in Cyrodil. My weapons appear at my feet. My toon get stuck in sprint during lag that means my bars are greyed out. My health became dysinced. One of my teammates toon would disapear if he stayed still, even to opponets. He had to log to fix the bug but was put back into a 100 man Q he logged. How is this not in gamming reviews.

THIS GAME CANNOT HANDLE LARGE SCALE COMBAT THE WAY IT IS BEING PLAYED ATM. Yes they originally advertised large scale combat but balling up and spaming AOE destroys performance. If if you cannot fix the performce from players just trying to use abilites that you gave themm, then you have a faulty product and its your responsiblity to fix it. Please DEVS if you really care about this game cut pop caps open more servers, do something stop ignoring this issue. Discurage guilds of running 48 man ball groups the server cannot handle that type of gameplay, do something anything.

Yes I know you can kill the big ball groups but once they start playing performance has already dropped considerably. Its not about how you want to play is about PVP performance as a whole. People will not play a game with a toon that does not work. Thats is why population continue to decline . Again the #1 issue with PVP is not balance its not anything but PERFORMANCE. I do not have issue with people balling up if it did not affect the performance of the server. I dont care how people play, its also not the players fault for choosing a very effective style of gameplay. But if ZOS does not fix this the pop will continue to drop till there is no one to kill. Cyrodiil will turn into a zone to go to PVE doors for PVP abilites.
    Edited by Durham on May 11, 2019 4:33PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Banono1
    Banono1
    ✭✭
    After trying to play some Cyrodiil AKA the only reason I play this game I decided to check the weekend vendor and get a infinite load screen teleporting between the two camps. I alt F4'd out of the came and came here to see if ZOS has addressed the issue and see a thread about it with a ZOS symbol on it.

Why did I expect anything other than "We cleaned up some mean posts" from a mod?
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5/12

PC/NA

Your servers are absolute garbage, ZOS. Should we buy more shiny unicorn horses from the crown store to lessen the lag???
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Four years of complaints about the lousy game performance in Cyrodill and when ZOS responds it is normally as follows:

Hello there,

Recently we've had to remove a large number of posts for baiting and flaming, which is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and on-topic to avoid thread derailment and action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.

Totally Pathetic....... and absolute garbage. Heck if ZOS' Crown Store was a broke as Cyrodiil they would be working around the clock to fix the problem.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    dtsharples wrote: »

3 weeks ago or so I saw something similar for the first time in 5 years. There was several dozen EP fighting several dozen DC at Dragon and the server just went into slow motion. Abilities didn't work 9/10, everyone moved at like 1% speed, and it seemed to impact the whole campaign for 1-2 minutes. How anyone can lie to themselves and not believe ESO's current server performance is at all time low is beyond me. Accept that this company doesn't give a f*** about you and they're about to start developing other games and put this cash shop driven cash cow into maintenance mode in the years to come.

Have you ever seen it where everyone fights for 2-3 seconds, then stops, then speeds up rapidly then slows down to normal for 2-3 seconds then stops and does the same thing?
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I feel like over the past year it has just gotten worse and worse with every new release. Also its seems to be poor when every a large PTS is going on like they share the load between PTS and Prod. Iv moved back to PVE for a while but I did jump in Vivec last night. We had a small group (8 of us) running around and even going behind enemy lines where we were taking resources far away from the main fights we could barley get our skills off to take out NPC's.

After about 30 minutes I finally just went back to PVE again bc it just wasn't even worth it with the lag. I don't understand their infrastructure enough to provide input on how they could fix it but seems like they need better servers. I don't feel like it was nearly this bad last year I only remember getting some lag in really massive battles and even then I could get my skills off in rotation. With how it is now you can't even do that when your not around other players.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing in Cyrodiil Vivec campaign on Xbox NA server right now and the lag is very impressive even all alliances have only 1 bar on. I have the Xbox X version so with my older Xbox it would probably be even worse. I live in EU area so could ask why am I even playing on NA at all, well my EU account has been stuck in character selection screen since Wrathstone so over 2 months now. 2 years ago during the Midyear Mayhem I thought the lag issue would be much better on the next year's event when Zenimax told it would be some priority to make the Cyrodiil performance better, well the 2018 event was as horrible if not worse than 2017, I only suffered because of the double ap. Now year 2019 this issue has become worse overall all the time, it's quite clear for me at this point that it won't become much better ever. Hopefully my EU account starts working by miracle at some point, but if some account being stuck and therefore completely unplayable for months isn't even any serious issue at all, then it's quite easy to realize some serious lag issue in Cyrodiil isn't much of an issue for Zenimax either. Options for this lag issue are very simple, you either continue playing and enjoy the lag or you quit playing this game and move to less laggy game experiences. There's no help coming for this problem, only nice words so players would think it's getting better, it's all about how much you're willing to tolerate the lag.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amazing posts guys. Keep it coming!
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • ceeney
    ceeney
    Soul Shriven
    Hello there,

Recently we've had to remove a large number of posts for baiting and flaming, which is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and on-topic to avoid thread derailment and action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.

Hello there baiting and flaming can you give an example that you have seen in the thread so we are all clear @ZOS_AntonioP
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of chip you got in there, a Dorito?
    Lethal zergling
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another night of extremely poor performance ... In /zone people just crying about the lag. My guild had to leave Cyrodiil due to the performance last night.

Abilities will not fire at all at siege
    Bars will not switch
    Stuck in Combat
    Weapons on the ground
    Stuck in Sprint
    Stuck in CC unable to break
    Abilites fire but never land
    Running on Horses
    Disappear when standing still

Played just 30 minutes and saw everything above ! ZOS how is this a game? How is this a game that has been out for 5 years.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    400 ping tonight on the PC-NA megaserver

400 ping

ZOS, fix your servers. As a paying customer I deserve better than this. This is absolutely unacceptable to treat your customers with such utter contempt and disregard as to let this server performance continue.
    Edited by fullheartcontainer on May 17, 2019 4:10AM
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The easiest and most immediate thing ZOS can do to address the horrible performance issues in Cyr is to use Battle Spirit to disable all proc sets. The very old and inadequate game engine and servers simply cannot handle all of the calculations. We'd all do more damage/healing if our class and weapon skills actually fired when we pressed the buttons, that alone would more than make up for the damage/healing that proc sets currently do.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must say its truly wonderful seeing all you NA players now having the same issue's the EU server has been suffering for much longer. The amount of stick EU players got off NA players saying the game was running fine etc etc.

Are you ready for your login queue? It's coming, while they upgrade the server, Pssst they dont upgrade ***, just to let you know about that little secret.

Not to worry all the WoW kids are coming over to buy the game and crowns etc, they dont care if you leave, your replacable.

Have a nice day.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no excuse or defense ZOS can provide for their complete lack or inability to fix the numerous problems associated with Cyrodiil. Lag, Crashes, load screen issues, combat bug that have been reported time and time again for 4.5 years. The word that comes to mind to summarize ZOS' actions is PATHETIC.

In my opinion no player especially if you are a PvPer should be paying for an active subscription to play their game and if you are I would think twice about continuing it.

ZOS if you want to come at me for baiting or making inappropriate comments against you with the above statement then all I can say is if the shoe fits you wear it and this shoe fits you.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine getting friend to try to this game. ZOS what do you think the reaction will be if they play PVP for the first time atm? Is this something that you want your name on? People remember names that are associated with games.

Currently on the boards people talk not about your crown crates they talk about you performance.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables