Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Battle Your Fellow Players During the Midyear Mayhem Event"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
55846isqyfog.png

This is the official discussion thread for the "Battle Your Fellow Players During the Midyear Mayhem Event" blog article.

Bring glory to your Alliance, your guild, or yourself during the Midyear Mayhem PvP event and you’ll earn double Alliance Points, XP, and unique rewards.
Staff Post
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why in the actual funk are you doing this event when the desyncs and lag are still a huge issue? There isn't even maintenance this week for PC.
  • Tendrielle
    Tendrielle
    ✭✭✭
    Why in the actual funk are you doing this event when the desyncs and lag are still a huge issue? There isn't even maintenance this week for PC.

Good point.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Historically, ZOS has not shied away from showcasing performance failures by running events that the game cannot handle. I know Lambert is on record saying "never again", so who knows.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two tickets for completing any Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds daily quest
    Two tickets for completing any Imperial City district daily quests

sigh. and I thought having to kill IC bosses for tickets was annoying...

I'm starting to feel like Regina George "stop trying to make IC happen, its not going to happen!"

/counts amount of tickets I can get by doing only Cyrodill dailies /compares them against my current indrik progress. JUST enough to finish mount and get a pet. good enough.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because there will never be a time when Cyrodiil is stable. They have an established history of cancelling the Midyear event (over and over) or inexplicably holding it for a very short window in January.

When faced with cancelling it yet again, they made the business decision to say “we give up, this is as good as its ever going to get. Enjoy the event. Or don’t, we really can’t be bothered anymore”.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget, this event is your chance to complete the serene Icebreath Indrik!
    And previous MYM was our chance to complete the Spectral Indrik. Thank you, I guess, for locking two halves of two different indriks of the year behind PvP (that is sarcasm).
    Edited by Olauron on June 22, 2020 3:20PM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would be a good time to run through the IC dailies and have them saved to turn in during the event so you don't have to deal with (as many) gankers at quest spots.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I read this thread any more, my eyes are gonna just roll right out my head. Saved by extra facepalms so far.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    This would be a good time to run through the IC dailies and have them saved to turn in during the event so you don't have to deal with (as many) gankers at quest spots.

assuming you have them unlocked. and even then, unless you have them unlocked on multiple characters, you can save up what.. 5 days out of 13?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP Servers :(
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ooh nooo

Zos I love your pvp, I love your game, I wouldn't change the basic functions of it for the world. But pls improve the server performance.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gonna need plenty of extra campaigns which should pacify the lag monster a bit.

Also can we have a permanent 7 day no-cp campaign added please. :)
  • Tendrielle
    Tendrielle
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna need plenty of extra campaigns which should pacify the lag monster a bit.

Also can we have a permanent 7 day no-cp campaign added please. :)

And an alliance locked 30 days n-cp? :-D
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent. I need vigor and caltrops for my new necromamcer, so the that should help with the double AP.

Battleground queues should be short as well, which will help.
    Edited by Mancombe_Nosehair on June 22, 2020 4:39PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are the banners Legion Zero again or will they be real Alliance Banners this time?
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    assuming you have them unlocked. and even then, unless you have them unlocked on multiple characters, you can save up what.. 5 days out of 13?

As of the Greymoor update, the Imperial City daily quests are unlocked right away. No need to run the story quests beforehand anymore.

I'm not too interested in the new outfit style, but I'll probably get the chest piece (just in case I need good chainmail for a future character concept) and continue doing the battleground dailies that I've been doing anyway. The extra AP will be nice.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you still need to unlock IC daily quests? I thought they changed that.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opaj wrote: »

As of the Greymoor update, the Imperial City daily quests are unlocked right away. No need to run the story quests beforehand anymore.

I'm not too interested in the new outfit style, but I'll probably get the chest piece (just in case I need good chainmail for a future character concept) and continue doing the battleground dailies that I've been doing anyway. The extra AP will be nice.

wait really? huh, shows how long its been since I last went into IC. in this case.. hmmmm thanks for the idea <3

P.S. I'm mostly into indrik collection, so I plan on spending tickets on feathers for the upcoming evolution after this one.
    Edited by Linaleah on June 22, 2020 5:35PM
    dirty worthless casual.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont take my Second Legion style away from me. It's a Midyear exclusive and has been delayed a whole year already.

So what if the event makes PvP laggy, PvP is as always laggy with or without events.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    God, im gonna love seeing the amount of topics on the forum once this event rolls around.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what I just said.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had a feeling that we'd end up having to purchase both remaining berries during this event, as there wasn't time for both MYM and SS anniversary.

Fortunately, the event is 14 days (yes, counting the actual times you can earn event tickets), so that's 28 tickets for me, plus the 5 I had left from the previous event (went a little crazy buying cake). I have no interest in doing IC dailies for the extra 2/day, though now that they are unlocked right away, I just might try them out. Otherwise, it's just pop into Cyro to do the scouting quest or a town quest, then back to what I actually want to do.

I hope for the sake of PvPers that they spin up a good number of additional campaigns, so that the "real" campaigns don't get bogged down with all us questers who just want to go in and get our tickets. :)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Already done! :)

In fact, I have 19 completions "banked" across 4 characters, because when I was otherwise done @DarcyMardin wanted me to show her around the city so she could bank some quests too.

Tip: The Arena and Arboretum Districts have the best quests. The Memorial District has the worst. The standard of goodness here is how vulnerable you are to being farmed by fellow players, and specifically whether the quests require you to go to:
    • Specific, visible areas where you can easily be targeted and farmed (bad).
    • Anywhere in the district, with many choices of mobs to kill (good), or at least to a choice of specific spots that would be less productive for enemies to camp.

Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 22, 2020 7:18PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Are the banners Legion Zero again or will they be real Alliance Banners this time?

My question too.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Already done! :)

In fact, I have 19 completions "banked" across 4 characters, because when I was otherwise done @DarcyMardin wanted me to show her around the city so she could bank some quest too.

Tip: The Arena and Arboretum Districts have the best quests. The Memorial District has the worst. The standard of goodness here is how vulnerable you are to being farmed by fellow players, and specifically whether the quests require you to go to:
    • Specific, visible areas where you can easily be targeted and farmed (bad).
    • Anywhere in the district, with many choices of mobs to kill (good), or at least to a choice specific spots that would be less productive for enemies to camp.

Thanks for the tips! I may try to get some of these banked on a few characters prior to Thursday, though perhaps some players will be camping now to catch those of us trying to do so.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

6 per character, and they don't need any unlocking.

But as per my previous post, it might be best to do a few each across multiple characters.
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just rage quitted Cyrodiil.

And now we are preparing Midyear Mayhem? Tell me you have a maintenance up your sleeve for us?
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SmukkeHeks wrote: »

And now we are preparing Midyear Mayhem? Tell me you have a maintenance up your sleeve for us?

It's primetime, queue to enter & huge lag because of zergs inside. It has been like that for years.

@zenimax
    Why do you annouce the event only 3 days before ?
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does cooldown of IC Bosses spawn will be decreased during this event?
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    SmukkeHeks wrote: »

It's primetime, queue to enter & huge lag because of zergs inside. It has been like that for years.

@zenimax
    Why do you annouce the event only 3 days before ?

Sure.

But when my bosmer is a warrior with nothing but light attacks, horse that’s a no show when asked, and constant loading screens, I’m either out or exploding