The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

You're seriously holding Midyeaer Mayhem?

redgreensunset
redgreensunset
✭✭✭✭✭
With the way performance is? Have just been to IC, one bar across the board and IC is far from the worst in respect to performance. Break free never works, no matter what. Bar swap? Eh, maybe, if its feeling like it. Skills fire with 2-5 sec delay, if you're lucky.
Cyrodiil, Standard Campaign? Again, one bar across all three faction, hardly an over burdened instance... yeah, no, I'm not even going to comment or I'll break down in tears.
No idea how BGs are right now because I've lost patience but if they're anything like yesterday or Friday it's more of the same.

And you're planning a pvp event in this? pardon my French but have you all lost your *** minds?
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    However bad it is right now, it will only get worse as the population increases during the event.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the official start day for midyear mayhem 2020 then? I have not seen any announcements.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jun.25-Jul.07, 2020

S.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the official start day for midyear mayhem 2020 then? I have not seen any announcements.

Not announced yet ... but Soon™.

EDIT: Announcement is out as of today!

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 22, 2020 5:12PM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It starts this Thursday: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58421
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is merely a typo... They meant to write: "memeyear mayhem"
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect that they will run extra servers for a couple weeks. Our performance, I expect, may even improve. Then it will be back after the extra servers aren't available anymore.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    worldburn-top.jpg
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bradyfjord wrote: »
    I expect that they will run extra servers for a couple weeks. Our performance, I expect, may even improve. Then it will be back after the extra servers aren't available anymore.

Unfortunately, it is not that easy.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

Last time they were able to switch the "perfect performance" button for MYM. Saying that performance prior to last MYM seems perfect compared to this chess paced PvP we are now used to.
    Edited by relentless_turnip on June 22, 2020 5:25PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They will probably add new Campaigns (ie: run extra servers) and might even drop the population cap of all Cyrodiil campaigns to keep the concurrent numbers in any one campaign low.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The input delay started on console the day after last midyear mayhem. That's ridiculous.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    However bad it is right now, it will only get worse as the population increases during the event.

Yes, that was what I meant.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

They will probably add new Campaigns (ie: run extra servers) and might even drop the population cap of all Cyrodiil campaigns to keep the concurrent numbers in any one campaign low.

Nice thought. They will re-allocate current server space.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well all those non regular PVP players want to come in and get their titles/AP.

- They can't cancel or they will get whiners saying 'I waited a whole year for this'
    - We'll get lag so we won't be able to play (it's already the case though, right?)
    - Everyone will distance 'pew pew in zerg formations' (it's already the case though, right?)

Sounds like it's going to be a shocker of a Midyear Mayhem.
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on June 22, 2020 5:59PM
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they drop the max number of players in a campaign much further there'll be no one to fight.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp usually runs better during midyear mayhem outside of the main campaign.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The severs performance in Cyrodiil is not much different than the last Mayhem event. Heck, people complained last time Zos canceled it.
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭

not rly last mitdyear mayhem was the best performance in years in cyro (i grinded over 10mio ap without 1singel lag)
    cause they increase capacity at this event
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they drop the max number of players in a campaign much further there'll be no one to fight.

Pop. lock will be 12 players per campaign(4 per alliance). All fights will be a one on one rock-paper-scissors fight with the winner of each moving on until only one alliance stands.

Then there will be a sudden death rock-paper-scissors inside the winning alliance to crown the emperor.

edit - forgot a key stipulation
    Edited by Thechuckage on June 22, 2020 6:41PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pop. lock will be 12 players per campaign(4 per alliance). All fights will be a one on one rock-paper-scissors fight with the winner of each moving on until only one alliance stands.

Now featuring Battlegrounds: The Cyrodiil Chronicles.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Radka
    Radka
    ✭✭✭
    Arent you all excited about the lags and fps drops increasing? :D Cyrodiil is terrible on a good day.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been no logical or well communicated direction in years....why do you expect one all the sudden? Business as usual, "Don't look at the train that is on fire, just buy more pets/mounts/lootcrates so we can milk this cashcow till ES6."
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Can’t wait. Love midyear mayhem
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xologamer wrote: »

not rly last mitdyear mayhem was the best performance in years in cyro (i grinded over 10mio ap without 1singel lag)
    cause they increase capacity at this event

That was my experience too. Performance was the best we had in a really long time then went straight back to dumpster fire after the event unfortunately.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah they already did man. They already did.

Atm on PC EU Blackreach has a Queue of Like 20. 2 weeks ago it wasnt even above 1 bar on weekends.

• asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically performance is much better than normal during Mid Year Mayhem due to a combination of things. Primarily its actually due to the higher population, as it is the main campaign (Grey Host) reaches pop lock, which isn't going to be any different during MYM. However, since other campaigns are mostly dead it forces any serious pvper onto Grey Host meaning that all the ball groups will be playing at the same time fighting against each other and creating lag. During MYM there is enough population between the non Grey Host campaigns to draw ball groups off the main campaign and onto the other ones, this means that the ball groups aren't fighting each other as often and not creating nearly as much lag.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Ebon Idrik feathers again ... I only needed one more! :'(

Will they ever come back?

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU