The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

No CP PvP is a 1 shot frenzy

• Rakdos
    Rakdos
    ✭✭
    Put 32 points in health, problem solved
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This kind of easily applicable dot pressure was what got the dot meta nerfed, now they just shifted those dots procsets instead.
    The devs truly don't ever learn.
    I was talking with some friends about this and I was told that I probably just want to tank it out.
    In reality I've always preferred high damage setups, but right now in no cp, if you play a class without purge, you will very quickly find yourself in a shituation, where you simply can not out heal even a few dots, that continue to apply pressure to you even if your opponent isn't even nearby.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nocp is in a horrible state atm. Healing is absolutely worthless and god forbid if anyone has defiles in their toolkit.

Only way to reliably heal is to run procsets that does the healing for you, which isn't how PvP should be played imo.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    On top of this it seems that healing is bugged and that the 20% healing nerf we got is being applied twice in the healing calculations (first 20% on healing done, and then 20% on healing received). This needs to be taken a look at.

Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Nocp is in a horrible state atm. Healing is absolutely worthless and god forbid if anyone has defiles in their toolkit.

Only way to reliably heal is to run procsets that does the healing for you, which isn't how PvP should be played imo.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    On top of this it seems that healing is bugged and that the 20% healing nerf we got is being applied twice in the healing calculations (first 20% on healing done, and then 20% on healing received). This needs to be taken a look at.

On my magplar, im literally better off slotting dampen, even on a low mag build, i get more consistent results, plus shields ignore defile -.-.
    with 35k mag i get like 7k dampen, meanwhile im lucky to get 5-6k Hotd crits, and thats IF im not defiled. And both skills cost the same, and i can use dampen instead of using hots like eclipse or regen.
    BGs specifically are in a dire state, everyone just stacking dots(procs) or playing magsorc, its basically who attacks first wins.
    Dont get me wrong my stamplar/stamblade with full dmg setup thrives in this type of environment, as soon as i get on top of someone theyre dead in 2 seconds, even good players melt away.
    Its pretty stupid.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

On my magplar, im literally better off slotting dampen, even on a low mag build, i get more consistent results, plus shields ignore defile -.-.
    with 35k mag i get like 7k dampen, meanwhile im lucky to get 5-6k Hotd crits, and thats IF im not defiled. And both skills cost the same, and i can use dampen instead of using hots like eclipse or regen.
    BGs specifically are in a dire state, everyone just stacking dots(procs) or playing magsorc, its basically who attacks first wins.
    Dont get me wrong my stamplar/stamblade with full dmg setup thrives in this type of environment, as soon as i get on top of someone theyre dead in 2 seconds, even good players melt away.
    Its pretty stupid.

Something is definitely acting strange with certain skills. Rally and Breath of Life/Honour the Dead are two of them. Was in Cyrodil (nocp) the other day on my magplar and was fighting inside a keep (so I get an additional 20% healing done) and was still only hitting 6-6,5k Honour the Dead crit heals. And this was without any defiles as well. If going after tooltips and the build I´m using I should have around 1-1,5k extra healing on those crits.

I´ve seen people getting like 2k rally crits (after rally runs out) without defiles and major vitality Active. So I wouldn´t be surprised if zos messed up with the coding once again.

These changes did nothing to adress the overhealing from specific sources. All classes and spec were not equally overperforming with healing. And those who were are still on top of the food chain when it comes to healing.
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Its pretty stupid.

Something is definitely acting strange with certain skills. Rally and Breath of Life/Honour the Dead are two of them. Was in Cyrodil (nocp) the other day on my magplar and was fighting inside a keep (so I get an additional 20% healing done) and was still only hitting 6-6,5k Honour the Dead crit heals. And this was without any defiles as well. If going after tooltips and the build I´m using I should have around 1-1,5k extra healing on those crits.

I´ve seen people getting like 2k rally crits (after rally runs out) without defiles and major vitality Active. So I wouldn´t be surprised if zos messed up with the coding once again.

These changes did nothing to adress the overhealing from specific sources. All classes and spec were not equally overperforming with healing. And those who were are still on top of the food chain when it comes to healing.

I dunno, my rally heals on stamplar seem fine, still getting like 7-8k crits if it goes a long duration, altough i have a ton wpd on my stamplar.
    I mean HOTD was already kinda bad for its cost, but this patch just made it not worth using much.
    Even with the mag return, its just not cost efficient. Not to mention the built in shield increase on dampen makes it good for builds without a ton of magicka too.
    Ill probably even start using armor master backbar, instead of pariah, since its better with dampen.
    Options
  • Relladen
    Relladen
    ✭✭
    working as intended. now you actually have to know what you're doing.
    Options
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    Best patch in a long time. Low TTK -> Higher skill ceiling.
    Options
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no high skill ceiling if all you have to do is equip a bunch of proc sets that can do all the work for you or rely on snipe desyncs. And performance is still utter garbage, which is also sort of an "equalizing" factor.

"Skill" has probably never been less relevant as it is now. And that's exactly what ZOS intended. You know, "lower the skill gap" ...
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    raistin87 wrote: »
    Exept some classes are much better for high damage playstyle than others.
    If by high skill ceiling you mean you rotate roll dodge and cloak on a stamblade, or spam streak on a sorc than your idea of skill is very different from mine.
    Btw in cp pvp you can still outtank multiple players ad nauseum, while in no cp ppl are dropping like flies.
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    raistin87 wrote: »

Umm, low TTK means low skill ceiling.
    Options
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Tested with my magsorc in no CP Cyrodiil, no healing modifiers besides Combat Medic:

Dark Deal tooltip: 8090 (9708 near a keep)
    Healing recieved: 3236 (3883 near a keep)

This is exactly the 40% expected from Battle Spirit, so at least these numbers (without mending, vitality, or defile) look fine.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We saw a 37k nova synergy in non cp last night. No one trying to be successful is running that level of health in non cp (probably not cp either). RIP

(two 25% damage boosts stacking on a 25k harmony synergy)
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dw stam sorcs became a carry class again in no cp. Just too fast and bursty.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO's never had proper, measured, scaled, and purposeful balancing. It's been huge patches that completely change the meta and make the previous one unplayable. Breaks sets, makes playstyles unplayable, and makes skills/morphs obsolete for years.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
    Options
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    We saw a 37k nova synergy in non cp last night. No one trying to be successful is running that level of health in non cp (probably not cp either). RIP

The harmony synergy meta has been going strong in CP for months and months. Hardly anyone mentions it, but all the ball groups are running it.

Why? They can spend all their resources on heals/fears/stuns/purges/talons. Then they get huge , huge harmony synergies far bigger than most ultimates.

It is the worst crutch play ZOS has ever come up with. Why a zero resource harmony should have the biggest damage in PvP has never been explained.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
    Options
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭

Theignson wrote: »
    Kartalin wrote: »

The harmony synergy meta has been going strong in CP for months and months. Hardly anyone mentions it, but all the ball groups are running it.

Why? They can spend all their resources on heals/fears/stuns/purges/talons. Then they get huge , huge harmony synergies far bigger than most ultimates.

It is the worst crutch play ZOS has ever come up with. Why a zero resource harmony should have the biggest damage in PvP has never been explained.

I don’t know where you been my friend but that trait along with swift were the most abused traits when they got released, they nerfed swift and left that one untouched. Then they released the necromancer that can activate their own synergies And you know the rest is history. Harmony is the go to trait in every small scale farming groups.
    Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Cp is a Nightblades playground. Especially Bow Ganking. Love it.
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A carry class? Stamsorc has been in a meh place for quite a while. The change like a little while ago to Bound Armaments was pretty cool... and streak is fun now that it scales with highest stat pool... but until this new patch just hit I've never heard anyone consider it very strong.

Am I missing something? Because I have settled on playing stamsorc this patch... because I enjoy it... and because if everyone is going to be squishy stamsorc does tend to win the game of 'kill you first, sucka.' But other than sorta side-buffs and/or nerfs to other classes I don't see what makes them particularly strong. If there's something I should be taking advantage of I want to know.

I'm playing DW and Bow right now... because DW does seem like the way to go this patch to me and that spin is always a bit of a carry (but you're at a disadvantage in 1v1s,) but obviously without Rally, no major mending, and the nerf to healing overall I would say it's anything but easy. It's like being a nightblade but without being able to go invisible. And of course I could go DW/2H but... meh... and I could go the standard 2H and Bow but I just prefer killing 3 people instead of 1. And streak just has an amazing synergy with spin to win in my opinion. You get good at the distance thing and you can stop right infront of them (but still stun them) instead of behind them. Or if you do accidently go behind them a little bit your spin will still hit.
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Huh! A carry class? That is what has always made good stamsorc so damned cool...they got nuthin' going for them. It is painful enough I went back to magsorc, and use wild hunt. My necro, night and day, that is a real stamina carry class.

Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carry class as in carry a team since they excel at hit and run burst/kill stealing tactics. The only other spec that’s in a similar category is mag sorc. There’s multiple forms of “carrying”.

With healing nerfed stam sorc also can apply pressure with double dot poisons, rending and rapid strikes until their ult is up. People can not heal in no cp. For that reason Templar’s are pretty cancer too because you can’t outheal their damage.

This update I’ve played stam dk , stam sorc, stamplar and a little magden. At the time of posting that comment I was on stam sorc.
    Edited by BaiterOfZergs on June 15, 2020 10:33PM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do feel like my pressure is amazing and I’m really only using bound armaments and poison injection on my bow bar. Need more transmute crystals so I can roll dodge more lol.

I still kinda question your choice of words but regardless... yes stam sorc seems to be in a pretty good spot right now. I say they (we) deserve it. My stam sorc feels annoyingly squishy but not so much that I die a lot I just need to roll dodge streak kite n reset more than I want to. Vigor n crit surge just doesn’t feel like a whole lot.

If anything is a carry I feel like it’s balorghs. I’ve got about 6k wd so I don’t need balorghs to kill any one person buuut if someone actually knows what they’re doin that penetration bonus is absurd. I don’t have any penetration on my build or abilities... and of course that’s partially because stam sorc hurts for certain things... but it’s also because I just don’t need it.
    Options
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game hasn’t had decent pvp in half a decade. Ttk is way too fast.

Pre-champion system pvp was the best pvp. The removal of soft caps killed pvp in this game.
    Options
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    No Cp is a Nightblades playground. Especially Bow Ganking. Love it.

You say bow ganking? Well I recently turned my magblade focus on these and here is the result...

https://youtu.be/LysGHC77dKU
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
    Options
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc has always been a carry class. The only difference is an extremely broken set, which stamsorc utilises best, means it now has damage and can delete anyone.
    Options
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Break out the meme builds because the game is complete garbage now, one can only assume that PvP balance is just something they do not test at all
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    Sorc has always been a carry class. The only difference is an extremely broken set, which stamsorc utilises best, means it now has damage and can delete anyone.

Who doesn't remember the 6 years of complete stamsorc dominance in cyrodiil and beyound.
    Options
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    sLoT pUrGe
    Options
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you really expect pvp balance now all of a sudden?
    All thanks to unwanted changes and newly introduced paywall items like malacaths band so they can sell chapters to people exclusively interrested in pvp.
    [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on June 23, 2020 2:25PM
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I do feel like my pressure is amazing and I’m really only using bound armaments and poison injection on my bow bar. Need more transmute crystals so I can roll dodge more lol.

I still kinda question your choice of words but regardless... yes stam sorc seems to be in a pretty good spot right now. I say they (we) deserve it. My stam sorc feels annoyingly squishy but not so much that I die a lot I just need to roll dodge streak kite n reset more than I want to. Vigor n crit surge just doesn’t feel like a whole lot.

If anything is a carry I feel like it’s balorghs. I’ve got about 6k wd so I don’t need balorghs to kill any one person buuut if someone actually knows what they’re doin that penetration bonus is absurd. I don’t have any penetration on my build or abilities... and of course that’s partially because stam sorc hurts for certain things... but it’s also because I just don’t need it.

6k weapon damage is overkill this update for no cp, I’d even say 5k is too, unless you’re doing it to buff your heals. And I’d honestly still slot troll king in no cp.

As far as pressure any dot can be a nuisance; can run to the other side of the map and a dot will still be applying pressure to someone. Along with the rest of the cancerous setups this update.

Think the average person heals for like 2k a second at best, maybe 3. Although rapid strikes can hit for 1k then there’s rending , double dot poison and can include hurricane. There’s also razor caltrops which is a slept on skill but it pairs really well with a stam sorc strafing all over the place. A snare, aoe damage and debuff. Overall that’s just too much damage to deal with and that’s not including other people hitting you.

While some things aren’t exclusive to stam sorc, they still utilize them the best.

Note: DW also has passives that increase damage based on missing health. Comes in handy in an update where you don’t want to be caught under 50 percent health, especially with your heals down.
    Options