The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No CP PvP is a 1 shot frenzy

Appo
Appo
✭✭✭
Just not fun anymore, impen is pointless, well fitted is pointless, just proc sets and divines and go around in your grp and whoever get lucky combo off first wins, its a slaughterfest, not fun, too much damage and quite simply boring after 1st week of the patch.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell yeah
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love this patch. The hit-and-run guerilla playstyle is my favorite. This patch is mostly about good positioning and situational awareness.

But you're also right, getting clapped in one shot by DboS+SubAssault can be pretty irritating haha.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No more sitting in healing for 3 minutes wearing only Med armor, as it should be.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only run 9k-11k resist without shields and I didn't get one shot in noCP, ever. Hmm...
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more sitting in healing for 3 minutes wearing only Med armor, as it should be.

i just had a deathmatch end with 260 points on highest team so....
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appo wrote: »
    Just not fun anymore, impen is pointless, well fitted is pointless, just proc sets and divines and go around in your grp and whoever get lucky combo off first wins, its a slaughterfest, not fun, too much damage and quite simply boring after 1st week of the patch.

https://i.imgur.com/UMYj8JB.png

there is the high dmg glasscannon and there is the unkillable tank/heal and there is high heal.

the lines are blurred and u kinda wanna get between glasscannon and unkillable tank. how u get to that spot is on you not the devs.
    with the patch they just wanted to make sure less builds make u invulnerable. also they wanted to stop people from dealing out mad heals without any healing set. now ppl actually have to wear healing sets to heal like they used to.

i personally play mostly glasscannon without any problems in survivability

Edited by Noctus on June 7, 2020 1:22AM
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any pvp experience fundamentally resolves to who has the better internet connection at the moment of encounter - if my skills are delayed then it's game over. Conversely, if yours are worse then enjoy the death recap with 8 seconds worth of my skills hitting you in less than 1 second.

It only gets really interesting when lag/latency/desynchs aren't an issue.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I love this patch. The hit-and-run guerilla playstyle is my favorite. This patch is mostly about good positioning and situational awareness.

But you're also right, getting clapped in one shot by DboS+SubAssault can be pretty irritating haha.
    You also primarily (exclusively?) play medium armor Stamina classes with good mobility (and a strong cleanse). Enjoyment - or lack thereof - aside, some classes simply aren't well suited to that style of gameplay.

I detest the resurgence of proc sets, especially since it's mostly a Stamina-only thing that results in so much effort-free damage from just a couple instant-cast button presses at range, which can persist through LOS. Where are all the people that were pitching a fit about the DOT changes in Scalebreaker? And what makes the current situation worse, IMO, is that the proc sets are often being combined with the supremely annoying and overpowered Bombard spam.

Even in cases where no one is literally one-shotted, the current level of damage is absurd and available healing isn't strong enough to recover (with perhaps a few exceptions on some builds). One dodge roll is worth so much more than a Resistant Flesh cast...a "burst heal" that frequently does < 4k non-crit (without defile) just isn't worth much when a single Jabs/Sweeps button press results in 7k+ damage, along with a snare. Once you account for the light attack, the 4k+ damage from the preceding "CC ability" (vs Stamplar, anyway), the continuing Jabs/Sweeps spam, poisons or enchants, possible Grothdarr on Magicka Templar, and potential damage from other players, that "burst heal" becomes a fart in a hurricane.

And I'm not blind to the absurdity of Graverobber + 3x Harmony jewelry on my own main class, either. I don't even like that "playstyle," but it seems to be the only way the class can be remotely competitive from an offensive standpoint. For a long time now I've thought that both damage and healing needed to be reduced for no-CP PvP. If Zenimax will work on reducing overall damage, along with perhaps some nerfs to a few specific heals (especially Stam DK self-healing and Mag Sorc Matriarch), we may end up with no-CP being in a decent spot. But for now, I think it's pretty bad overall, especially for bringing in new players; it's hard to learn and get the hang of things when you die pretty much instantly.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

way more fun*
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    Iv done well over 100 bgs this week im in high mmr, iv tried ultra tanky with 30k+ resists, super high WD for more heals, ring of wild with steed (most effective running round walls) its all irrelevant though wen u have even more than 1 semi competent player on you or within an arms throw of you,

Pet sorc is gonna be a massive thing again im guessing with an army of bodyguards, stand in middle of them n hope for the best 😂😂
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    I only run 9k-11k resist without shields and I didn't get one shot in noCP, ever. Hmm...

@Kadoin You know the answer to this lol
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

You also primarily (exclusively?) play medium armor Stamina classes with good mobility (and a strong cleanse). Enjoyment - or lack thereof - aside, some classes simply aren't well suited to that style of gameplay.

I detest the resurgence of proc sets, especially since it's mostly a Stamina-only thing that results in so much effort-free damage from just a couple instant-cast button presses at range, which can persist through LOS. Where are all the people that were pitching a fit about the DOT changes in Scalebreaker? And what makes the current situation worse, IMO, is that the proc sets are often being combined with the supremely annoying and overpowered Bombard spam.

Even in cases where no one is literally one-shotted, the current level of damage is absurd and available healing isn't strong enough to recover (with perhaps a few exceptions on some builds). One dodge roll is worth so much more than a Resistant Flesh cast...a "burst heal" that frequently does < 4k non-crit (without defile) just isn't worth much when a single Jabs/Sweeps button press results in 7k+ damage, along with a snare. Once you account for the light attack, the 4k+ damage from the preceding "CC ability" (vs Stamplar, anyway), the continuing Jabs/Sweeps spam, poisons or enchants, possible Grothdarr on Magicka Templar, and potential damage from other players, that "burst heal" becomes a fart in a hurricane.

And I'm not blind to the absurdity of Graverobber + 3x Harmony jewelry on my own main class, either. I don't even like that "playstyle," but it seems to be the only way the class can be remotely competitive from an offensive standpoint. For a long time now I've thought that both damage and healing needed to be reduced for no-CP PvP. If Zenimax will work on reducing overall damage, along with perhaps some nerfs to a few specific heals (especially Stam DK self-healing and Mag Sorc Matriarch), we may end up with no-CP being in a decent spot. But for now, I think it's pretty bad overall, especially for bringing in new players; it's hard to learn and get the hang of things when you die pretty much instantly.

Overwhelming grothdaar says hello.
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

For real, seems like every magplar has those on and its just so much free damage. Only downside to non cp pvp is people relying on procs to do most their damage instead of actual "kill" but at least its better than what cp pvp has to offer.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

I said "mostly" a Stamina-only thing. Any Stamina class can cheese it up with triple proc sets and do some pretty ridiculous DOT damage with very little resource cost, which leads to it being pretty common (and without nerfs, it'll probably become more common over time, as more people get access to the "right" sets). While there are certainly Magicka players running multiple proc sets, it's less prevalent and oftentimes more easily countered.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when 1 shot triple procs were all the rage

Is it back to that really?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mag sorcs do not seem to have any problem.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not the same sort of instant-death from 3x direct damage procs. Instead, it's typically double 5 piece DOT proc sets (most common being the new one + Azureblight), along with Sellistrix.
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭

It's not the same sort of instant-death from 3x direct damage procs. Instead, it's typically double 5 piece DOT proc sets (most common being the new one + Azureblight), along with Sellistrix.

Grothdar (on stam) Venomous backbar, Azuberboom! 😂 40 kills 0 deaths!
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    mag sorcs do not seem to have any problem.

They do. At least the ones without Matriarch heal.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, i honestly don't feel the big difference in No CP PvP. But since i rely alot on Health Regen, the heal nerf was to my benefit. And since i already used Impen sparingly, the nerf to that trait, and new base resistance of 20% was also a boon to me.

It is perfectly possible to be unkillable in a 1v1 or even 1v2 in No CP. You just have to sacrifice your damage. As you should have to. This patch did not really bring anything new or gamebreaking in that sense.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    In BGs I feel squishy only when I'm sole melee on my team. I'm not in super high mmr tho
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    Eh, it seems every player that has high streak of kills usually wearing some sort of proc set. Just been into battleground, where fighting one player seemed ok, it was fun for a few seconds then his proc sets kicked in, dead almost instantly. It not only killed my character it also killed my desire to play, proc sets shouldn't be allowed into PvP, it's a PvE thing. I play for the challenge, even seek out 1v1 fights, and there is no challenge when you are killed in one shot by a stupid chance, it's like playing Russian roulette...
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You summed up BGS last patch too, your either getting 1 shot by magcro bombing or melted by magdk elfbane proc set builds. BGS in theory is good but in practice just turns in to the same cheese as max CP except with half the builds in there don’t have the stats to get out of fossilise lol.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quite a few people on PTS said this would be a proc meta. If the value of healing and critical%/impen go down, then the value of procs go up. A 3K proc on a 3K hit replicates the damage of a critical hit, and it stacks burst into a single GCD.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thrassians gets kinda nutty in low mmr matches eventually you just d swing for 25k.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on console, so I can't speak from experience on Greymoor, but pre-Greymoor proc sets were niche at best. While I don't want to see the return of the proc meta, if proc sets become balanced again, that seems like a good thing for build diversity.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch is great if you are a mag sorc or anything stam. Everything else can be deleted on sight. Oh wait, its the same old story as always !
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on June 10, 2020 1:18AM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on console, so I can't speak from experience on Greymoor, but pre-Greymoor proc sets were niche at best. While I don't want to see the return of the proc meta, if proc sets become balanced again, that seems like a good thing for build diversity.
    PC-NA BGs are basically Proc Set Meta 3.0 - Stamina DOTs edition.

Given how cheap and easy it is to apply the DOTs from range, along with the new one being AOE, I imagine it's pretty common in Cyrodiil as well. Even some of the Dizzy spammers that aren't running the popular new bow build(s) are sometimes utilizing 1 or more proc sets now. It's not the same kind of insta-gibbing that happened with burst procs from previous proc set meta(s), but the damage is still much too high for what's required.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome time traveler, to the year 2015!
    We hope you enjoy your stay while visiting the past.
    Edited by kaithuzar on June 10, 2020 3:31AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dev team.....