The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Um, why is my own Daedroth attacking me?

mzprx
mzprx
✭✭✭✭✭
howdy folks,

so i went to do DC2 solo for the last lead that i need(ed, got it on the same run) with my magSorc.. to try and test the new Maw of the Infernal monster set. looks nice. anyways, i noticed during the run that the Daedroth was sometimes actually attacking me instead of enemies. so i captured my fight with everyone's favourite Grobull the Transmuted. here's the video -

https://youtu.be/vW05AstQf50

now, before anyone points out the obvious, i know that this boss reflects ST direct damage when it's in the air (still takes AoE damage). but i noticed the Daedroth attacking me before and captured this fight with that in mind. as you can see i am trying to attack the boss only (sometimes the adds get in the way) no matter if it's in the air or on the ground. and you can see that sometimes the Daedroth attacks the boss when it's in the air, sometimes when it's on the ground. and if the Daedroth attacking me was the result of that reflect mechanic it (the Daedroth) should always attack me when the boss is floating. but it's not, as you can see in the video. so what in the Oblivion was that?

for those that do not want to bother watching the whole video (it's almost 6 minutes long) here are some time stamps -

0:34 - no adds nearby, the Daedroth is clearly running after me and is trying to attack me
0:58 the Daedroth spawns and immediately goes after me
1:47 i am deliberately attacking the boss in the air, the Daedroth is attacking the boss
2:05 same as at 1:47
2:58 Daedroth attacks the boss in the air (me attacking the boss in the air as well)
3:48 same as 0:58 (Daedroth spanws and goes right after me)
4:48 again, the Daedroth spawns and tries to attack me

so from this it seems that it can not be the reflect mechanic. that mechanic reflects damage only anyways, so the Daedroth shoud not try to attack me. so why does it do that?

any and all input will be appreciated. also, it's kind of funny, Daedroth getting pi**ed off and going after the summoner instead of boss. had a laugh..
Edited by mzprx on June 2, 2020 1:42PM
  • chieflioness
    chieflioness
    ✭✭
    Seems like your Daedroth is getting tired of being summoned in the midst of his afternoon nap. :smile:
    Seriously though, such a weird thing to happen. I have no idea as to why that would happen, it has to be a bug?
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daedroths don't like having ugly masters
  • DracoKaiser
    DracoKaiser
    ✭✭✭✭
    You dont feed him.😉
    Gildenchef von Draco Imperia
    PvP-Raidleader
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedroths don't like having ugly masters
    this is the only reason that makes sense to me, THB :D
    You dont feed him.😉
    i do, he feasts on the flesh of fallen enemies. so nope, there must be another reason for that..
    Edited by mzprx on June 2, 2020 1:58PM
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry I know it's bad, but it's so funny :D Ey dood! I was on rest-time! C'mere! :D

But yeah awful bug, just one of the funnest. :D
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear I once read somewhere regarding this set that the Daedroth resents being summoned and will occasionally make that known. I just tried to find that, but I can’t locate where I read that. I just remember when I read that, I thought what a neat mechanic to work into that monster set! I haven’t yet gotten the set myself, but I really want it at some point.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! no! Noooooo Daeddy HIM! NOT ME!! :D
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a strong enough monster he rejects you
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's risky business summoning deadra, always done at ones own peril.

Okay this needs to be fixed but it's also kinda compliant with lore, you probably didn't take the right precautions when summoning.
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop wearing your " lucky ham".
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Uprising Has Begun...
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Lucky_jackal
    Lucky_jackal
    Soul Shriven
    Looks like the Daedroth only attacks you when it spawns from you heavy attacking the boss in the air. I’m guessing grobull is somehow reflecting a mark that tells the Daedroth what to attack and then it picks you as it’s target.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest recording it happening during a fight that doesn't have a reflect mechanic. That way we can narrow down whether it's set behavior, intended or not, versus fight mechanics.
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    We better disable all sorc pets until we get to the bottom of this.
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest recording it happening during a fight that doesn't have a reflect mechanic. That way we can narrow down whether it's set behavior, intended or not, versus fight mechanics.

will (try to) do. don't know when, as right now i am enjoying my Vamplar. vampire and magTemplar is a godmode. so no idea when i'll be back on my magSorc.. still, it was hilarious :D
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would indeed be awesome. Wear it in Maelstrom arena, and suddenly its racial identity kicks in at full force, and he switches sides and turns against you! Hail Daedra! LOL
    Edited by Raudgrani on June 2, 2020 9:58PM
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    That would indeed be awesome. Wear it in Maelstrom arena, and suddenly it's racial identity kicks in at full force, and he switches sides and turns against you! Hail Daedra! LOL

yeah, i had a couple of Crematorial Guard flashbacks during that run :D
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grobul reflects attacks onto the caster. Does this happen in fights without reflection mechanics too?
    I could imagine this either being the pet's targetting being reflected onto you or you proccing the set against yourself with the damage you deal to yourself.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Grobul reflects attacks onto the caster. Does this happen in fights without reflection mechanics too?
    I could imagine this either being the pet's targetting being reflected onto you or you proccing the set against yourself with the damage you deal to yourself.

AFAIK Grobull relfects damage only. so if you drop, say, Ballista (bow ult.) it will reflect the damage back to you, but the actual skill animation will not switch sides and start shooting at you. and i noticed the Daedroth trying to attack me before the Grobull fight, that was why i decided to record my next one (which was the Grobull). so if it was the reflect mechanic it should reflect the damage only, IMO, not the whole deal (Daedroth trying to chase me). don't know, will keep an eye on this and will try to record it if it happens again. not sure when, though, as i've mentioned i am not playing my magSorc. ATM, i was just testing the Maw of the Infernal "upgraded" set..
    Edited by mzprx on June 2, 2020 5:16PM
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried being nicer to the Daedroth? :)

The team is looking into this. Thank you for the video and report!
    Staff Post
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He asked for some Roobie Racks (scoobie) and you didn't deliver. :*
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried being nicer to the Daedroth? :)...
    i have fed it the corpses of crushed enemies and lamentation of their women! what more could a Daedroth need? i mean, what more could anyone need?
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if whatever "buff" a heavy attack puts on a target to make a pet attack it made it reflect that indicator to you b/c things like ele drain on the boss will bounce back to you on this fight.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mzprx wrote: »
    Have you tried being nicer to the Daedroth? :)...
    i have fed it the corpses of crushed enemies and lamentation of their women! what more could a Daedroth need? i mean, what more could anyone need?

Maybe it’s tired of that & wants some tlc, perhaps a nice cup of tea & a slice of cake?
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See... you think these things are pets and then one day you wake up with a limb missing and thems off in the distance gnawing on it...
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mzprx wrote: »
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

AFAIK Grobull relfects damage only. so if you drop, say, Ballista (bow ult.) it will reflect the damage back to you, but the actual skill animation will not switch sides and start shooting at you. and i noticed the Daedroth trying to attack me before the Grobull fight, that was why i decided to record my next one (which was the Grobull). so if it was the reflect mechanic it should reflect the damage only, IMO, not the whole deal (Daedroth trying to chase me). don't know, will keep an eye on this and will try to record it if it happens again. not sure when, though, as i've mentioned i am not playing my magSorc. ATM, i was just testing the Maw of the Infernal "upgraded" set..

Yeah, but it's possible you procced the monster set against yourself, since you are dealing damage to yourself.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is a great idea to make summons invasions stop in towns !

Make the summons attack their masters when in cities would be a nice feature :D
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re it’s barbecue 😂

OML sorrry but this is too funny 🤣

It’s like you two had a fight and broke up, lmao 🤣

Best post ever!!

Hmmmm, I wonder what other helms wish to kill their user since Greymoor....
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on June 2, 2020 7:18PM
  • Klixse
    Klixse
    Soul Shriven
    Dadroth caught you messing with the thermostat...
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the time my Curse of Doom killed Ragnaros in WoW and spawned the Doomguard. Everybody was celebrating killing the fire dude and there's this hellmonster just running around smacking low-health raid members.

Good times.