Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Antiquities furnishings (PTS)

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I just noticed that in the patch notes myself. That is going to make a lot of people unhappy in that they will not be able to buy the furnishings from guild vendors. So basically, it puts all of those nice furnishings behind the Greymoor pay wall.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    I was unable to locate the furnishings of Northern Elsweyr, there are no Dig Sites and no markers from the Eye.
    Are these Antiquity furnishings bind on pickup or tradeable?
    Music box "Aldmeri Symphonia" is bind on pickup (it is collected in three parts). Everything else is tradable for now.
    It plays 'Blood and Glory' on PTS.
    Caelc wrote: »
    so can you obtain these things only once?
    Furniture items can be found as many times as you get leads to them.

This was in the latest patch notes, which implies they were intended to be all bind on pickup and not tradeable. I assume they would work like achivement items where you can have multiple of the same type, but you cannot trade them.

Many of the Antiquity furnishings do not currently bind to you as intended when acquired.
    Yes, I have seen it. It makes sense with Antique Maps (those leads need achievement to buy from merchant) and doesn't make sense for non-achievement furniture.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vicarra wrote: »
    h0m6wr0trx0g.png
    This is from Clockwork City, "Mnemonic Star Sphere". Also animated, the inner starscape and the brass rings counter-rotate.

Oh, I'm going to need a few of that one!
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    h0m6wr0trx0g.png
    This is from Clockwork City, "Mnemonic Star Sphere". Also animated, the inner starscape and the brass rings counter-rotate.

Thats a good point actually, are these items you CAN have more than one of?
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I understand, yes. You just need to get the lead again to go after it.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was unable to locate the furnishings of Northern Elsweyr, there are no Dig Sites and no markers from the Eye.
    Are these Antiquity furnishings bind on pickup or tradeable?
    Music box "Aldmeri Symphonia" is bind on pickup (it is collected in three parts). Everything else is tradable for now.
    It plays 'Blood and Glory' on PTS.
    Caelc wrote: »
    so can you obtain these things only once?
    Furniture items can be found as many times as you get leads to them.

This was in the latest patch notes, which implies they were intended to be all bind on pickup and not tradeable. I assume they would work like achivement items where you can have multiple of the same type, but you cannot trade them.

Many of the Antiquity furnishings do not currently bind to you as intended when acquired.
    Yes, I have seen it. It makes sense with Antique Maps (those leads need achievement to buy from merchant) and doesn't make sense for non-achievement furniture.
    This. 100%. There are already bound furniture that reward people for doing certain tasks (achievement furniture), so it's fine that Antiquities that come with an Achievement requirement are also bound.

But random non-guaranteed RNG drops from random mobs (or even worse treasure chests which are competitive since there is a limited number of them at any time and only 1 player can loot them) should be tradeable. Just like random schematics from stealing are tradeable, as paintings from treasure chests are tradeable, even as crafted furniture from the writ merchant are tradable! You can even trade collectible parts from the Public dungeons like the costume or pet pieces.

I have several issues with the Antiquities system, and the bound items are definitely on the 'least player-friendly' list.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    h0m6wr0trx0g.png

Thats a good point actually, are these items you CAN have more than one of?
    For every excavation you get one piece of Codex. Most furnishing items have 3 pieces total. Music box has 9 pieces (it consists of 3 parts).
    one mer to find them,
  • TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

In the new teaser for antiquities we can see this :

gxzzr99yz25b.png

cnrgzodc6hi7.png

Does anyone had find it in the new antiquities ? Because I don't recall such a awesome addition ...
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I saw something about a momento for an antiquities achievement. Maybe that's it?
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

In the new teaser for antiquities we can see this :

gxzzr99yz25b.png

cnrgzodc6hi7.png

Does anyone had find it in the new antiquities ? Because I don't recall such a awesome addition ...
    This is the Antiquarian's Telescope memento. You get it after digging 150 bonus items (achievement).
    one mer to find them,
  • TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭
    This is the Antiquarian's Telescope memento. You get it after digging 150 bonus items (achievement).

It would be cool to have furniture with a telescope since we have only one (and a sextant) but i'm happy to see that we have it somehow. Thank's for the answer <3
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone got the N.Elsweyr furnishings now that the PTS is fixed?
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stained Glass of Lunar Phases (with effects when placed)

Moth Priest's Cleansing Bowl (with water)
    one mer to find them,
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stained Glass of Lunar Phases (with effects when placed)

Moth Priest's Cleansing Bowl (with water)

Brilliant, thank you!
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me... can you get leads from Treasure Maps? AKA, should I be saving my maps for when this drops?
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me... can you get leads from Treasure Maps? AKA, should I be saving my maps for when this drops?
    There are reports that some leads can be found in the chests from Treasure Maps.
    one mer to find them,
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are reports that some leads can be found in the chests from Treasure Maps.

Thank you! :)
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would hold on to them but you should. e prepared for ZOS to not include in maps already in someone's inventory.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That shouldn't happen since the maps are only the location of the buried treasure, not defining the contents of the chest and I can't see them changing the location of the buried treasures or they would have to change all the artwork on the maps. So saving the maps shouldn't be a problem.
    Basically they are just adding the leads to the possible loot pool for the chests.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on May 1, 2020 8:12AM
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait. Seat of the Snow Prince!?!?
    Omg I was hoping for some Ancient Falmer stuff, but that and the shrine??

Is there any item descriptions that give any lore? If there is, I think my brain might explode from hype.
    Edited by LukosCreyden on May 1, 2020 8:35AM
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that when you excavate it you get little snippets of lore.
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there any item descriptions that give any lore? If there is, I think my brain might explode from hype.

Both the throne and the font/shrine have 3 lore snippets each, so you have to find each of them three times to get all the lore bits.
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That chair is one of the underwhelming pieces imo. The orc and murkmire thrones are better designed.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. Please ensure that this discussion remains civil and constructive. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Love this Yokudan Skystone Scabbard from Hew's Bane:

9K8wWqg.png

I0aBv1m.png
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 1, 2020 3:02PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to see pics of some of these placed in people's houses.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Moons-Blessed Ceremonial Pool is actually used as a device of strengthening Trinimac with the power of the Moons, but occasionally as a relaxation pool as well.
    JT9BDKd.jpg

Blessed Dais of Almalexia is enhanced by the power of her daughter, who found inspirations in the teachings of Y'ffre.
    BAFRQ1h.jpg
    one mer to find them,
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They both look really nice. :smile:
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭