Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Normal Maelstrom doesnt always drop a maelstrom weapon on completion

Pdoherty4637_ESO
Pdoherty4637_ESO
✭✭✭
Title. I completed nMA twice today, the first completion dropped a 2h maelstrom sword, the second completion dropped nothing but a elemental succession bow.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @Pdoherty4637_ESO Could you confirm you ran nMA on the same character, and if so, what the character's level is?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ele succession bow totally OP
    Ray
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    I always wondered one thing about this game: in any other MMO, when you told a GM (game master) that something went wrong with certain character in certain content, they'd just go dig in logs of that character and find out what happened. Why in ESO, everytime something happens (item gets deleted by mistake, a player gets scammed by someone else, a gold deposited to Guild Bank that disappears etc etc), GM never checks logs?! Don't you guys have any kind of logs? Just an honest question really.
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • almightyalfo
    almightyalfo
    ✭✭✭
    Also did nMA just for lols to see if it works, it dropped me only SnB shield, was that meant like that or?
    PC-EU
    Daggerfall Covenant only

My Characters [All CP 810+]:
    Aeriel Nightvale (Bosmer StamDK) - "Stormproof" - Crafter
    Ranzaiq Longclaw (Khajiit StamPlar) - "The Merciless" - Stamina DD (PVE/PVP)
    Freiya Winterborn (Nord StamDen) - "Paragon" - Stamina DD (PVP)
    Rayna the Desecrator (Dunmer StamNecro) - "Sunspire Saint" - Stamina DD (PVE)
    Heals-Many-Scars (Argonian MagPlar) - "Sunspire Saint" - Healer (PVE)
    Burgdul gro-Burek (Orc StamDK) - "Thane of Falkreath" - Tank (PVE)
    Erisa gro-Burek (Orc StamSorc) - "Orderly" - Stamina DD (PVP)
    Auguste Valeine (Breton MagPlar) - "Stormproof" - Magicka DD (PVE)
  • Pdoherty4637_ESO
    Pdoherty4637_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno nMA was run on the same character (CP1299 Sorcerer) perhaps maybe an hour after the first run. One detail of potential note is that I started and got to the second arena but had to step away from the computer for a while so had to restart from the first arena. All of the other loot was there including the nMA jewelry set, gold and the succession bow, just no maelstrom weapon.
    Edited by Pdoherty4637_ESO on May 26, 2020 10:02PM
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a few posts on Reddit about this, and in guild chat. normal MA is not dropping weapons.
  • Pedrong
    Pedrong
    ✭✭
    i think that the first run give the weapon but the quest is bugged so you dont get it at the second run with the same char
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok, thanks for the info all. You should be receiving a normal weapon each time, but currently that's not the case. We're working on getting this fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :/
    PC-NA
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I'm also having this issue. Ran normal Maelstrom Arena about 4-5 times last night (on the same character) and received the weapon each time. When I ran it again this morning (on the same CP760 character), I did not receive a maelstrom arena weapon reward after completion.
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    Gelmir wrote: »
    I always wondered one thing about this game: in any other MMO, when you told a GM (game master) that something went wrong with certain character in certain content, they'd just go dig in logs of that character and find out what happened. Why in ESO, everytime something happens (item gets deleted by mistake, a player gets scammed by someone else, a gold deposited to Guild Bank that disappears etc etc), GM never checks logs?! Don't you guys have any kind of logs? Just an honest question really.

Too much data in the logs. You need to give the GM a break and some keywords to run filters on to narrow down the results in the logs. They don't have years to go through data.

It seems the forms are loosely connect to in game. In game tickets seem to be more closely linked to account and characters.
  • Neubsi
    Neubsi
    ✭✭
    Just ran it on EU 3min ago, no Maelstrom Weapon received.
    Char Level 571, Same char as yesterday.
    Ran 4 or 5 times yesterday, received 3 Weapons. so its random for me.

greetings

• Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue, just cleared normal Maelstrom for the first time and no maelstrom weapon dropped. It was very disappointing. I'm ~550 CP.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been fine this week (mainly yesterday). Got 3 pairs of DW weapons (hey, at least some of them had good straights), and a couple of staffs.

Haven't tried today, however, and after seeing this thread I won't. ;)
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely still happening FWIW.
    PC-NA
  • imbrifer
    imbrifer
    Soul Shriven
    Still happening after 5/29 maintenance. Just completed nMA (10:36am), received no Maelstrom weapon.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    imbrifer wrote: »
    Still happening after 5/29 maintenance. Just completed nMA (10:36am), received no Maelstrom weapon.

It wasn't intended to be fixed with today's maintenance, but will instead go into an incremental patch.

Edit: After checking, this fix appears to be in next week's incremental patch.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on May 29, 2020 3:22PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • chillar
    chillar
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno same problem with normal dsa. just ran it with 2 other ppl and 1 got a master bow, i got 1h sword from the dw set(yes only 1 sword from a 2 piece set) and the last guy didnt get a master drop.
  • Pdoherty4637_ESO
    Pdoherty4637_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Is this confirmed to be fixed at this point?
  • blendertoes
    blendertoes
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it was fixed in last Wednesday’s patch. I have run nMA a bunch of times since then and received a weapon each time, unlike before the incremental patch.
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    The RNG tho, would be nice to have a choice or token / trade in option. 30+ nMA, every weapon and variation except BattleAxe, how does the game even know that's what I want :(