The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maelstrom weapon dropping in nMA ?

Margha_Ralmoren
Margha_Ralmoren
✭✭✭
I thought that this patch maelstrom weapons would drop in the final chest for completing nMA and perfected weapons for vMA. I just did nMA on one of my PC NA characters but nothing dropped (except a Winterborn sword). Did I misunderstand ?

Best Answers

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, you should indeed receive a Maelstrom weapon each time you complete normal Maelstrom Arena (if you are CP160 or above), but right now that's not the case. We're going to work on getting this fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos has added this issue to the Dev Tracker which shows they acknowledge it and will fix it . . . eventually. Gina specifically said they will get it fixed in a different thread linked below.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6784735#Comment_6784735

Submit tickets just in case they will grant them after the fact.
    Answer ✓
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're below CP160, you won't get drops. It was in patch notes.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did vMA got perfected. Weekly mails also give perfected. Don't know about nMA.
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭
    I did nMA (cp 700) on a fresh start and got no MA weapon, just some winterborn garbage
    Edited by naturebased on May 26, 2020 7:08PM
  • Margha_Ralmoren
    Margha_Ralmoren
    ✭✭✭
    I'm CP 411.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the drop rate is low...
    Should have expected that

[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Siantar
    Siantar
    ✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

Sounds fair. Hoping the drop rate is extremely low.
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was in the middle of a veteran run when the update occurred. Think the rewards will be the new stuff, or should I restart?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in the middle of a veteran run when the update occurred. Think the rewards will be the new stuff, or should I restart?

Should be the new stuff. Don't see a reason why wouldn't it be, I don't believe drops are determined at the beginning of the run. If they are, it is inefficient programming.
    Edited by zvavi on May 26, 2020 7:21PM
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I thought the nMA dropped the normal version of them too. Low drop rate?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They shouldn't be. Weapon drop should be guaranteed, just like for the other arenas.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siantar wrote: »

why ?
  • Mauin
    Mauin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've managed to do two runs today and got a weapon each time. Could be that it's not a guaranteed drop each time, but that seems a little odd considering things like Asylum and Blackrose weapons drop each time on normal.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »

They shouldn't be. Weapon drop should be guaranteed, just like for the other arenas.

It would be an absolute ***-take if it wasn't after all the furore.
    Edited by mairwen85 on May 26, 2020 7:31PM
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It says "normal arenas will drop the normal versions of the sets", doesn't say anything about a chance to drop.
    VFQAy99.jpg
    Edited by Hamish999 on May 26, 2020 7:30PM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Siantar
    Siantar
    ✭✭✭

why ?

As long as smb make zero effort doing nMA, at least they have to spend some time on it. Anyway it'll require much less time than farm same but perf weaps on vet.
    Edited by Siantar on May 26, 2020 7:32PM
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that this patch maelstrom weapons would drop in the final chest for completing nMA and perfected weapons for vMA. I just did nMA on one of my PC NA characters but nothing dropped (except a Winterborn sword). Did I misunderstand ?

did you back out at some point or do it all in one run?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as smb make zero effort doing nMA, at least they have to spent some time on it. Anyway it'll require much less time than farm same but perf weaps on vet.

Silly silly.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on May 26, 2020 7:32PM
  • Margha_Ralmoren
    Margha_Ralmoren
    ✭✭✭
    I did it in one run without pause.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Report it in-game with /bug if you’re absolutely sure you didn’t auto-loot it ... or don’t somehow have it in inventory, @Margha_Ralmoren.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 26, 2020 8:07PM
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭

first time i didnt get one, i played it again and in the final chest i got mael mace and axe in the same chest
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ran it two weeks ago on PS4 and got a bow of succession. It was nMA I've no idea if that was a VMA weapon or not but the stats sucked. Do the weapons names actually say Maelstrom?
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on May 26, 2020 8:19PM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Should be the new stuff. Don't see a reason why wouldn't it be, I don't believe drops are determined at the beginning of the run. If they are, it is inefficient programming.

Efficiency is irrelevant. It would be a design choice.

Problem is that it would be a dumb design choice to have separate loot table for old and new version. It isn't like they increased the difficulty.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Problem is that it would be a dumb design choice to have separate loot table for old and new version. It isn't like they increased the difficulty.

Not like they increased vMA difficulty either, but I still don't have my drops upgraded. :)
  • Foefaller
    Foefaller
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Not like they increased vMA difficulty either, but I still don't have my drops upgraded. :)

Wish they would give a longer answer other than "No upgrades."

Is it "No upgrades, because we want you to grind vMA all over again."?

Or "No upgrades, because we literally do not have the functionality our on end to do replacements on such a mass scale."?

Or was it "No upgrades, because the coding for items is a nightmarish mess and it would be practically impossible for us to pull it off with no hitches that could even result in people losing the MA weapons they already have even if we weren't ZOS."?

It's why communication is important, because I honestly think it's 2 or 3 or some combination of them, but without any straight answer from ZOS everyone is going to assume the worst, i.e. the first one.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a battle axe running nMA.
  • adilazimdegilx
    adilazimdegilx
    ✭✭✭
    It still drops Weapons of other sets that normally drops from nMA like Elemental Succession, Winterborn... So you have a guarenteed weapon drop of ONE of these sets or Maelstrom Weapons.
    I think it's fair. nMA is cake walk anyway.
    Apperantly, this was wrong.
    Edited by adilazimdegilx on May 26, 2020 10:14PM
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

first time i didnt get one, i played it again and in the final chest i got mael mace and axe in the same chest

Dualwield set probably, they come in pairs.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Pdoherty4637_ESO
    Pdoherty4637_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just made a post about this myself. first nMA run I got a greatsword, second run I got only an elemental succession bow.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s sounding like instead of the game choosing a Maelstrom Weapon for one loot slot, and then a Succession/Hunt/etc Weapon for the next slot, they put Maelstrom weapons into the same loot pool as the Succession/Hunt/etc sets.