Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leaving random dungeons early as a tank

MaxJrFTW
MaxJrFTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
And why i do it
  1. If you have 10k hp with no food buff and you still don't use food after i tell you
  2. If you don't follow the tank and pull easily skippable trash
  3. If we're 3 mins into an easy boss fight and the boss is still at 70% because the group's dps is below 20k
  4. If we zone in and someone says brb bio, either kick or leave if it fails
  5. If we zone in and someone says brb getting pledge
  6. If i take my time to explain mechanics and after 3+ wipes you're still ignoring them like a bot

That's all that comes to mind right now. Anyways, what prompted this thread was all the hate tells i get from people for choosing to not put myself through a miserable experience. I'm not your mom, i'm not your babysitter, i don't have to put up with your nonsense. I'm just another average joe trying to play video games to relax and de-stress and i won't allow you to ruin it, especially when i can press a button to take myself out a negative situation and do something else.

I fully understand that by queuing randoms i subject myself to all of this, but the option to leave group is there for a reason and i will use it.
"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You are free to do what you want. Your time belongs to you and no one else.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and ppl ask me why i have 3 different types of buff food with me :D
  • mavfin
    mavfin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess it depends on just how quickly you'll leave or vote kick someone. If you kick after 30 seconds, imo, you should go back to M+, and do more gogogogogo speed runs, since that seems to be your style.

If you're being decent but not letting people take advantage of you, fine.
  • Aleinzzs
    Aleinzzs
    ✭✭✭
    i mean someone says bio before the dungeon run starts... give em 3 mins.

same thing with pledges. several toons, sometimes i forget, sounds like you're just being a *** with those 2 reasons. the rest i agree with.
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    And why i do it
    1. If you have 10k hp with no food buff and you still don't use food after i tell you
    2. If you don't follow the tank and pull easily skippable trash
    3. If we're 3 mins into an easy boss fight and the boss is still at 70% because the group's dps is below 20k
    4. If we zone in and someone says brb bio, either kick or leave if it fails
    5. If we zone in and someone says brb getting pledge
    6. If i take my time to explain mechanics and after 3+ wipes you're still ignoring them like a bot

That's all that comes to mind right now. Anyways, what prompted this thread was all the hate tells i get from people for choosing to not put myself through a miserable experience. I'm not your mom, i'm not your babysitter, i don't have to put up with your nonsense. I'm just another average joe trying to play video games to relax and de-stress and i won't allow you to ruin it, especially when i can press a button to take myself out a negative situation and do something else.

I fully understand that by queuing randoms i subject myself to all of this, but the option to leave group is there for a reason and i will use it.

4476797-jhb8k.jpg
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aleinzzs wrote: »

same thing with pledges. several toons, sometimes i forget, sounds like you're just being a *** with those 2 reasons. the rest i agree with.

No. You don't queue for a dungeon if you're not a ready to do it. I don't owe a stranger any amount of time. And pick up your pledges before queuing.

Imagine thinking you're entitled to waste other people's time because sometimes you forget. Imagine thinking you're the victim when other people don't want you to waste their time. That's literally what you're saying, think about it.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on May 24, 2020 1:57AM
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • ChimpyChumpy
    ChimpyChumpy
    ✭✭✭
    Lol a dps queue is completely random and can be 20 minutes with no idea when it will pop. Let the guy take a *** before it starts.

I really hope this isn't for normal random dungeons they can all be done on 20k group dps.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol a dps queue is completely random and can be 20 minutes with no idea when it will pop. Let the guy take a *** before it starts.

I really hope this isn't for normal random dungeons they can all be done on 20k group dps.

I haven't queued a normal dungeon in years.
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you made this post ...why?

In case someone end up pugging with you? What do you hope to accomplish? Sorry, but I can't wrap my head around that.
    You think they'll go "ah, it's MaxJrFTW, he made a post on the forum, better hold my pee !"?

I mean, you are free to do whatever floats your boat, but if you think that post will do something else than making you look more bad than you are, you are sorely mistaken.

If something like that happened to you tonight, maybe taking a bowl of fresh air would have done more for you than a rant on the forums.
    Edited by preevious on May 24, 2020 2:07AM
  • Adriius
    Adriius
    I mean, it could be argued that they were trying to be courteous & not miss when the queue popped, but if it's all the time, I don't disagree that waiting on bio breaks can become annoying as someone who tanks in MMOs. If queues are long, it's not far fetched; but, you're the Tank, so, if the group doesn't listen, it's often infinitely more frustrating to work with. Well, try to work with lol

It sounds like you try to coach them a few times & they still don't listen at least. Really can get unnerving.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    preevious wrote: »

In case someone end up pugging with you? What do you hope to accomplish? Sorry, but I can't wrap my head around that.
    You think they'll go "ah, it's MaxJrFTW, he made a post on the forum, better hold my pee !".

I mean, you are free to do whatever floats your boat, but if you think that post will do something else than making you look more bad than you are, you are sorely mistaken.

If something like that happened to you tonight, maybe taking a bowl of fresh air would have done more for you than a rant on the forums.

Why did you make this comment? Because you can and felt like it. That simple.

I don't hope to accomplish anything with the thread, i simply don't understand the toxicity when those people are the ones responsible for me leaving. I don't leave good groups, they don't send me hate tells, we say gg at the end and part ways. It's always the inconsiderate clowns who want to waste your time, and the bad players who refuse to put any sort of effort into the game that are toxic.

There are dozens of pointless threads on the general discussion session, and yet you decided to pick on this one probably because it hit home. Whatever the case, idc, i was just killing time while waiting the leaver penalty.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on May 24, 2020 2:15AM
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • mavfin
    mavfin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aleinzzs wrote: »

No. You don't queue for a dungeon if you're not a ready to do it. I don't owe a stranger any amount of time. And pick up your pledges before queuing.

I could see the pledges should be picked up beforehand, undoubtedly. However, what you're not taking into account is that you're getting insta-queues, while the DPS is NOT. They may be waiting 30 minutes or more, and may need that unexpected bio break they didn't need at all before they queued.

[snip]

I spent years tanking, but I didn't feel any need to be [snip] about it. It's not all about you, after all. Your writing says that it IS all about you, as far as you're concerned.

Have a nice day.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 24, 2020 1:19PM
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You think they'll go "ah, it's MaxJrFTW, he made a post on the forum, better hold my pee !".

Why did you make this comment? Because you can and felt like it. That simple.

I don't hope to accomplish anything with the thread, i simply don't understand the toxicity when those people are the ones responsible for me leaving. I don't leave good groups, they don't send me hate tells, we say gg at the end and part ways. It's always the inconsiderate clowns who want to waste your time, and the bad players who refuse to put any sort of effort into the game that are toxic.

There are dozens of pointless threads on the general discussion session, and yet you decided to pick on this one probably because it hit home. Whatever the case, idc, i was just killing time while waiting the leaver penalty.

Actually, you're right, I get your point.

I suppose that if it makes you feel better, it was worth it.

Just keep in mind that not all those who you seem to target are totally responsible.
    I often queue for vet dung (if you play PC eu, we might have already grouped together, who knows?) , as well, and I met all kinds of peoples
    1. peoples that queued on vet by mistake
    2. peoples that does not share a language with me (how the heck am I supposed to explain mechanics to them?)
    3. peoples that can't DPS (I remember, one time, I did 75-80% of group DPS .. thankfully, it was on an easy base game dungeon)
    4. fake tanks
    5. fake heals
    6. Leeroy Jenkins

But overall, I don't get angry, because most of the time, it works pretty okay. Leave group if you really need, or bear with it if you can.

Peace, wish you a gazillions fulfilling battles !
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my two tanks... I simply don't pug vets, never had a problem. I simply can't understand why anyone random q for vet, you get the same rewards for normal and none of the hassles. Then do my dailies with guild members... its amazing these things called guilds, full of people you can trust far more than the typical "legolas420" type. Try it and you might find peace of mind.
  • Sealish
    Sealish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just as an aside...
    I find it hard to imagine a group with 20k dps combined. Do these really exist?

I play a healer exclusively in dungeons, and in my healer gear with no buffs I pull about 15k dps spamming sweeps and doing literally nothing else. I don't have top tier gear and I'm not the best player when it comes to dps (though I like to think i'm not a bad healer), but if I actually use buffs and dots and stuff I can break 20k alone still in my healer gear (so no penetration and most bonuses going to sustain).

If someone had dps stats and just spammed one skill I imagine that they would do at least 15-20k alone without problem.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sealish wrote: »
    Just as an aside...

They do exist. And for some reason, they only seem to exist when I tank vet Direfrost. If you want to experience something more painful than having your nails pulled out one by one, try tanking vet Direfrost HM with a group who has less than 20k DPS and who do not instantly break free of the boss’ health drain.
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭

You think they'll go "ah, it's MaxJrFTW, he made a post on the forum, better hold my pee !"?

I happen to agree with the OP and will leave for many of the same reasons, except for the bio one. Someone needs to ***, go ***. Otherwise, don't waste my time or you will surely have yours wasted in turn.
    IGN: Sange-13
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    On one hand the need to write out ones frustrations is understandable. On the other hand it feels pretty discouraging for a new player to read posts like this one (saw half a dozen of them over last couple months). Been playing almost four months, would like start doing dungeons, maybe even trials one day, but it just doesn't sound as much fun knowing, the tank (or heal) may call it quits and leave whole group hanging because my performance isn't flawless on the first try, or disagrees with the kind of buff food my char has (or sees too little cp, or doesn't like race/class combination, or anything else really). Like, no one is asking to be carried through the whole thing, or be waited for indefinitely, but how about some tolerance for us flawed, bathroom-needing humans?
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would let # 4 pass once. DPS often wait a long time and you can't always be on schedule. Now if they have to go every 5 minuets, perhaps they should see a doctor.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always leave when tanking vets and get to the first boss and group dps is less than 20k.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suspect some of the critics of the OP need to actually read that post, particularly:
    ...Anyways, what prompted this thread was all the hate tells i get from people for choosing to not put myself through a miserable experience...
    Fewer tanks prepared to pug vet dungeons is a real issue although anyone who has will recognise some or all of the scenarios described by the OP. Some stay longer and endure, others choose to stay even less time with marginal groups.

For a tank built as a tank that wants to tank you are truly at the mercy of the rest of the group in randoms, which, of course is to be expected as it's a random group. But it doesn't mean you are compelled to stay with that group any longer than you choose to. And nor should you be on the receiving end of any abusive parting chat messages for exercising that choice.

edit: formatting
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on May 24, 2020 3:59AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean. I don't agree. But it is acceptable, your choice. (Even though I think you should reconsider the bio one, dd queue can literally take hours)
    Edited by zvavi on May 24, 2020 4:47AM
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sealish wrote: »
    Just as an aside...
    People scraping by even at high CP levels with around 6k dps, doing quests and normal dungeons, are more common than you think. They sometimes end up mistakenly attempting a veteran dungeon, and sometimes two such players end up together being the dds in a group, whether by choice or by chance. I have tanked dungeon runs where my collateral dps of 8-10k from taunts, drains and the occasional heavy attack ended up being about half of the group damage. This is, fortunately, rare in veteran runs, but it's very common in normal runs. So, yes, these groups exist, most assuredly.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never believed other players on this forum complaining about out dps'ing their entire group until i finally made a tank. Be assured im not some hybrid tank. Its absolutely insufferable to go through some of these normal dungeon groups with players. They are not even wearing enough pieces of any set to get a bonus, they just use 1 ability and heavy attack.
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not your mom, i'm not your babysitter, i don't have to put up with your nonsense. I'm just another average joe trying to play video games to relax and de-stress and i won't allow you to ruin it, especially when i can press a button to take myself out a negative situation and do something else.

If we are talking about vet random dungeons, keep in mind that you have to wait ~30 minutes or sometimes even more as a DD.
    As I am doing ingame stuff while waiting for the grp finder to get me a grp, a quick bio break at the beginning should be possible. If any1 is annoyed of that , np, just leave, replacements are set to priority via grp finder, so it won't take long for the rest of the grp.

DD and other players are also not your "ingame pets" and if you write the same things in ingame chat as you do here in your thread I would encourage you pressing the button :wink: So try to work on your "attitude" ... bro... or sis.... let's keep it p.c. !

When "pugging" you should not except others to be "elite". So don't queue when you want to enjoy the game and build your grp via guilds/zone chat instead of whining/complaining on the forums/chat :blush:

I fully agree on all the other parts tho'. Using Buff-Food and being able to fulfill your role "requirements" should be mandatory.
    (End-Game DD/Tank/Healer speaking btw.) --> for vet dungeons!

~ Lisu
    (my 2 shiny gold coins on this topic)
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't follow the tank and pull easily skippable trash
    oh, I see just so many "too cool for you noobs" guys, who rush forward dont looking at the party while we have a quest and must miss it because of their enormous ego. I just hate lvling my alts really
    Edited by jm42 on May 24, 2020 8:03AM
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    KaGaOri wrote: »
    On one hand the need to write out ones frustrations is understandable. On the other hand it feels pretty discouraging for a new player to read posts like this one (saw half a dozen of them over last couple months). Been playing almost four months, would like start doing dungeons, maybe even trials one day, but it just doesn't sound as much fun knowing, the tank (or heal) may call it quits and leave whole group hanging because my performance isn't flawless on the first try, or disagrees with the kind of buff food my char has (or sees too little cp, or doesn't like race/class combination, or anything else really). Like, no one is asking to be carried through the whole thing, or be waited for indefinitely, but how about some tolerance for us flawed, bathroom-needing humans?

1. If you do less than 20k, stay in Normals. You're not ready for vet.
    2. Buff food choices are kind of flexible, but you should have one that makes sense for your build. (Usually not a great idea to be using just hp food that gives nothing else, for example.)
    3. Race/Class thing is really not that big a deal. You have to have an extremely squeamish tank to leave over that.
    4. It's not unreasonable to expect adults to use the bathroom when they need to or be able to hold it for 20 minutes.
    5. Don't queue until you're prepared to enter and start. This means you have your quests, buff food ready, potions, gear repaired, weapon enchants full, etc. Having other people waste your time with these issues isn't reasonable.

That said, if I queue up for Normals as a tank, I can solo carry most of them (especially the non-DLC ones), so I'm far more lax about other people's configurations and issues in these scenarios as I can just push forward and let them catch up. Don't be intimidated about queuing up; be prepared.
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    jm42 wrote: »
    oh, I see just so many "too cool for you noobs" guys, who rush forward dont looking at the party while we have a quest and must miss it because of their enormous ego

You could avoid that by playing as a tank yourself and doing the quests on Normal.
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sange13 wrote: »
    jm42 wrote: »
    oh, I see just so many "too cool for you noobs" guys, who rush forward dont looking at the party while we have a quest and must miss it because of their enormous ego

You could avoid that by playing as a tank yourself and doing the quests on Normal.

thatk you for your advice but I will play the game as I want to and play the role I want to (btw it's usually heal). And I have many alts that need lvling, which elitists like you make extremely painful
    Edited by jm42 on May 24, 2020 8:07AM
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Early?
    More like too late