The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Leaving random dungeons early as a tank

• Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    jm42 wrote: »
    Sange13 wrote: »
    Sange13 wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    If you don't follow the tank and pull easily skippable trash
    oh, I see just so many "too cool for you noobs" guys, who rush forward dont looking at the party while we have a quest and must miss it because of their enormous ego

You could avoid that by playing as a tank yourself and doing the quests on Normal.

thatk you for your advice but I will play the game as I want to and play the role I want to (btw it's usually heal). And I have many alts that need lvling, which elitists like you make extremely painful

I'm glad you see it that way. You want to selfishly play it "your way," but then cry that other people aren't queuing the least common role to carry you. I think it's funny that you consider it "elitist" that people won't let you waste their time with BS too. Good luck with that.

oh, we have a hero-savior here, who thinks that if he queue as a tank then he carries all the others) amazing how butt-hours ingame make ppl show their nature

I think you have done a perfectly good job showing your true nature and fully discrediting your "opinion" here. Well done.
    IGN: Sange-13
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    What I never see, and never do myself, is ask for mechanics or say it was/is my first time in a dungeon.... because there are often people who will kick firsttimers instead of giving them a try. What I do as a tank is simply state the one or two need-to-know mechanics(if there are any), before attacking the boss. *Note: I have actually had DPS rush in to attack the boss, while I was still typing mechanics.*

I'm actually the kind of tank that wants to see first timers wipe a couple times so they can get a feel for the fight before I explain it to them. That way the advice and warnings I give them have a proper contextual framework for them to understand and minimize repeating myself.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveled my first tank only doing random normals.
    Pretty smooth sailing, mostly played with guild, I was an pretty pure tanks but had started getting some damage skills but they was not very leveled, figured I do skyshards after 50.

However last was BC2, now this is not hard in vet but you need some coordination to get HM.
    DPS was so low that I found BC2 has two dps checks, first is keeper Imirill, who I know was an dps check because that fight was pretty hard back then it was just vet BC, the second was getting overrun by daedreots on last boss as they used to long to kill the boss again this was normal :) We wiped 3 times, I carried on as we was almost done.

No have no issue leaving.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And why i do it
    1. If you have 10k hp with no food buff and you still don't use food after i tell you
    2. If you don't follow the tank and pull easily skippable trash
    3. If we're 3 mins into an easy boss fight and the boss is still at 70% because the group's dps is below 20k
    4. If we zone in and someone says brb bio, either kick or leave if it fails
    5. If we zone in and someone says brb getting pledge
    6. If i take my time to explain mechanics and after 3+ wipes you're still ignoring them like a bot

All better solved with SOLO dungeons. These people evidently want to do it their way, especially points 1 and 2.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I queued for one of the dailies the other day, Tank vanished after first boss (still remained in group tho) so we have 3 manned Hardmore. IDK if they had started the pledge mid dungeon and just needed the first boss but sometimes tanks arent needed :#
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sealish wrote: »
    Just as an aside...
    I find it hard to imagine a group with 20k dps combined. Do these really exist?

I play a healer exclusively in dungeons, and in my healer gear with no buffs I pull about 15k dps spamming sweeps and doing literally nothing else. I don't have top tier gear and I'm not the best player when it comes to dps (though I like to think i'm not a bad healer), but if I actually use buffs and dots and stuff I can break 20k alone still in my healer gear (so no penetration and most bonuses going to sustain).

If someone had dps stats and just spammed one skill I imagine that they would do at least 15-20k alone without problem.

Oh yes, they do indeed exist! I was going to link the video of BC1 Vet HM of a PUG run I did where the group DPS was under 9K. Sounds crazy but it isn't. I decided not to link it since it may be considered naming and shaming. But yes, I was on one of my Tanks and I PUGGED BC1 and woa....it was awful. Two of the players were over 1,000 CP and the other was 879. All three did just light attacks and died over and over and over. My Tank's DPS was an average of 2332 for 27.1% of damage done to final boss. LOL.

• JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaGaOri wrote: »
    On one hand the need to write out ones frustrations is understandable. On the other hand it feels pretty discouraging for a new player to read posts like this one (saw half a dozen of them over last couple months). Been playing almost four months, would like start doing dungeons, maybe even trials one day, but it just doesn't sound as much fun knowing, the tank (or heal) may call it quits and leave whole group hanging because my performance isn't flawless on the first try, or disagrees with the kind of buff food my char has (or sees too little cp, or doesn't like race/class combination, or anything else really). Like, no one is asking to be carried through the whole thing, or be waited for indefinitely, but how about some tolerance for us flawed, bathroom-needing humans?

I hear ya. I tend to hang out with very patient people who have been playing this game since Beta in 2014. To have the most fun in this game (or any MMO I guess) is to find a good group to play with. If you can find a good group of folks in a guild and play with no stress you will certainly have a very enjoyable experience and continue playing and improving. I am just the opposite of the OP and a few others that have posted their agreement with OP.

Things happen and sometimes people have to drop their Mouse and run to take care of it. People forget about Pledges and food and potions and other things. Friendly reminders are welcome.

If you are looking for a laid back small Guild to run with PM me in game.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    You are free to do what you want. Your time belongs to you and no one else.

True. When I read the OP I was wondering why the OP queues for a random group in the first place. Especially with #4. A DPS has been waiting for half an hour. The queue finally pops when that DPS gets the urge to go and OP does not have the patience to wait a couple of minutes so they can do their business.

Considering it is extremely unlikely anyone who will read this thread will also be in a random group with any of us that also read this thread I think the point is, run with guildmates and be done with it.
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    And why i do it
    1. If you have 10k hp with no food buff and you still don't use food after i tell you
    2. If you don't follow the tank and pull easily skippable trash
    3. If we're 3 mins into an easy boss fight and the boss is still at 70% because the group's dps is below 20k
    4. If we zone in and someone says brb bio, either kick or leave if it fails
    5. If we zone in and someone says brb getting pledge
    6. If i take my time to explain mechanics and after 3+ wipes you're still ignoring them like a bot

All better solved with SOLO dungeons. These people evidently want to do it their way, especially points 1 and 2.

That's cute, except it's generally tanks that enable the queue--not expendable, dime-a-dozen dps.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GUILDS exist :wink: Just thought I'd throw that out there, in case you missed the top secret method puggers don't want you to know(tm) that almost everybody who's ^this serious about their groups is already using. Queue with friends, problem solved.

Also, #4 just reeks of tank privilege. Dps can get super long queues so they're just being reasonable by not going afk mid-queue. A quick bio is fully reasonable. What the hell did you gain by getting a 15 minute LFG penalty for leaving instead of waiting 2 minutes? :smiley:

Also, just to balance things, here are my reasons for NOT leaving pugs as a healer:
    1) When you clearly don't know the tactics but admit it when I ask, so I can actually explain. I'm cool with that. We've all been newbies to this game at one point, and being honest about it is the right approach to learn.
    2) When you need a quick bio or forgot to loot a boss and ask if it would be ok to run back (happened today in UG), because being polite goes a long way, and we all forget some things sometimes.
    3) When the dps is low. A lot of people use high dps to hide how little they know the dungeons (due to bypassing phases or because they never had to do the mechanics personally). You can do most fights with lower DDs as long as people know the mechanics.
    4) When we wipe because you didn't do the mechanics. Happens a lot in pugs. As long as you are aware of the situation and you're willing to listen and try again, I won't leave and won't votekick you.