Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Greymoor an all time low for ZOS with the amount of Negative Feedback?

• OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES. This is an all time low for ZOS. Negative Feedback is worse than ever
    All i know, is that murkmire started all my gripes with this game. Never had a problem during summerset, morrowind or orsinium. But after murkmire everything just kept getting worse and worse and worse.

Elsweyr looked like they were getting ready to go in the right direction again, then they dropped dragonhold. . . And well, yeah.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s the thing - and really the ONLY thing that matters regardless of the content each of us likes to partake in, IMHO: The Engine.

It just can’t do the things we want / need / expect it to / throw at it. That’s it.

Connectivity, and server maintenance, and blah, blah, blah - obviously contribute - but if the root system isn’t even capable, then the other factors are moot.

“Balance” for it’s own sake is great - even as painful to our builds & the meta it might seem - ‘cause that is (perhaps) due to intricate mechanics and the tweaking of expected / intended results.

But when the “balance” is not gameplay; or mechanical; or mathematically skill-related - but ENGINE-related - then we have a problem.

We are in a phase now where the changes are being made to keeps us within the confines of what the engine can ACTUALLY do any more - and it obviously; sadly - ain’t as much as a 5pce tool-tip promises.

WE ARE IN A PHASE NOW WHERE THE CHANGES ARE BEING MADE TO KEEP US WITHIN THE CONFINES OF WHAT THE ENGINE CAN ACTUALLY DO ANY MORE.

Overland; 4-person; Trial; BG; Cyro. We are all the same. We all have theory-crafted sweaty interesting specialized concoctions - but it all leads to nothing if those cool work-arounds; deep intricacies; and effin’ parsing!!! tests just simply can’t be represented in game / on-screen.

It’s SUPPOSED to. Buuuut, it just can’t.

There is no other game system created with the complexity that the ESO gear set / skills / enchants / builds etc. offers - but this current structure just. can’t. do it.

This is the best game ever conceived on paper & math & dynamics - but no engine exists that can actually do it, yet. This is why I am skeptical of the “next gen” consoles, when nothing new exists on this front, but I digress...

Am I excited for Greymoor? You bet.

Have I meticulously preserved my 18th character slot to be able to experience the tutorial for the first (and potentially, only) time - to be able to fully immerse myself in this world? Gah - sign me up!

Have I “cultivated” my legit disgusting IRL quarantine neck-beard - researching lore to create my Greymoor character’s class / race / identity / name? Umm... don’t tell my friends, but OMG, yessss!

Buuuuut - if umm, my skills & cool gear-set I farmed don’t, ya know - WORK - when I press the button a bunch of times when I try to do STUFF - and then, don’t work again and again - would I quit after I get my decade-old fantasy itch scratched?

Yup. And it sucks.

S.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can't even with the Cyrodiil lag anymore.

This is exactly why I got my Greymoor CE refund. I really appreciate how they handled my ticket and didn't give me any trouble, but I can't support a game that leaves their PvP in such a state for so long. PvP is literally the only thing I care about, and if I can't play it, then why bother.
    Sad thing is, the lag is hitting PvE instances as well as Cyrodiil. I don't even understand how that's possible.

So to answer the actual question, I was hyped for Greymoor, but when reality hit me that performance is going to be the same, or possibly even worse, my mood quickly dropped. This isn't because of the actual chapter though, because I'm sure it'll be fine, it's just the overall performance of the game which causes me to really not enjoy it.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the first time where I’ve decided absolutely I’m definitely not going to buy a chapter. The number one reason that I’m currently not going near Greymoor is the complete insult from Wheeler and his team to not upgrade the Maelstrom and DS weapons we already have up to perfected. They’re basically telling us that the hundreds of hours we put into learning the arena and farming those weapons mean diddly squat, they’re basically telling us that we wasted our time. We earned them in vet so they should be vet level rewards. It’s a boneheaded insulting decision to the playerbase and it needs to be reversed, no excuses. Until that happens, Greymoor is off the table for me.
    Edited by MattT1988 on May 18, 2020 4:23AM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm here because I'm a TES fan. I have no desire to play any other MMOs and this will likely be the only one I'll ever play. I wasn't super enthused about Greymoor in the first place because, while it's one of my favorite locations in my favorite game ever, I've spent so much damn time in Blackreach in Skyrim via quests and mods that I'm burnt out. Based on what i saw in the PTS, ESO Blackreach is just as big of a pain to navigate but on a much larger scale and yes, some areas are just as full to the brim with Falmer and Chaurus as they are in TES V Blackreach. Throwback!!!!

But I thought that maybe a year-long Skyrim dealio would end up seguing into the release of TES VI in 2021, which marks the 10-year anniversary of the release of TES V. I feel like it might make sense to mark the end of shamelessly milking Skyrim for all its worth for a decade ESO's Skyrim chapter with the beginning of another TES installment. So I got a bit prematurely excited for that. But a few weeks ago, someone from Bethesda tweeted that TES VI is *years* away and that it's going to be a very long time before we even *hear* anything about it. So now I'm sitting here with a year of DLC that's a less exciting or interesting version of the content that inspired it, wondering what the hell to do.

If you don't play vamp (I do not; cannot handle the ugly and NO SKINS DON'T HIDE IT WELL ENOUGH AND I DON'T WANT TO COVER MY FACE tyvm) then it's likely that almost nothing will change for you, combat- or gear-wise. While I vastly prefer that to nerfs, for me it's the boring frosting on the boring ESO Skyrim cake. I guess I'll do the thingies for the neat new furnishings, but I want to stay the hell away from that for at least a few weeks while people swarm the areas. It all just seems very dull based on what I've seen in the PTS.

I've personally endured far worse patches, most notably starting with Elsweyr last year when nightblades were systematically drawn and quartered, with their pieces being upgraded and distributed elsewhere. As a magwarden DD main, I'm quite happy with the U26 changes, but with that comes a serious sense of apprehension and foreboding because I'm now seeing parses that put us only very slightly behind stamcros, and being that strong always, ALWAYS means future nerfs in ESO. The fact that people feel afraid when their favorite class is doing well speaks volumes as well...

It's all very meh.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NO. Morrowind was worse
    I still remember the Morrowind genocide to sustain and end game players leaving in large masses. This doesn't seem as bad game wise, but ZOS wise I absolutely think we're at an all time low. Completely ignoring veteran player feedback to cater new players and Skyrim fans.
    EU PC
  • Jaxious79
    Jaxious79
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something else was worse
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »
    All i know, is that murkmire started all my gripes with this game. Never had a problem during summerset, morrowind or orsinium. But after murkmire everything just kept getting worse and worse and worse.

Elsweyr looked like they were getting ready to go in the right direction again, then they dropped dragonhold. . . And well, yeah.

I love comments like this. Just regurgitating whatever the bandwagon is saying no specific just a generic "I agree bandwagon!". Any chance you have some specifics you can drum up yourself to expand on this? Or were you just hoping for those "agree" to rack up?
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if the game didn't run so badly then i'd be looking forward to the new expansion. But since the 'performance' patch I have really had quite a miserable time playing roulette with the instances, praying you get into the trial and the bosses/monsters aren't spinning in circles like they are stuck on a magic teacup ride.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭
    At this point I believe people are actually more concerned about performance than they have ever been. And probably with Greymore adding more stuff into the game performance will likely get worse.

I'm looking forward to the whole playerbase farming their Maelstorm and Master weps at the same time with the current performance issues, that should result in some proper salt on the forums.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NO. Morrowind was worse
    Morrowind was worse. Completely borked everything

The sustain issues basically meant that the only tanks were Dks and the only Healers Templars and the only dps were Nightblades (Sorcs and Wardens were PVP classes) they have been struggling to repair what was done there for years.

Just messing up vampires is nowhere near as bad, it's pretty easy to just not be a vampire.

The monster helm changes are good.
    Edited by Narvuntien on May 18, 2020 1:21PM
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else was worse
    Such a bullcrap poll biased much OP?

Most of the problems here have NOTHING to do with Greymore and are QOL issues which many are blowing out of proportion. Cyrodil yes that is bad and will not disagree there but i have had ZERO latency problems in trials group events or anywhere else in the game and i have only seen one or two who have which makes me think its their issue, either their pc or there net connection (though i am not speaking about console which could be a different matter).

Second what is really vexing me is that people are still whining and complaining right now when the team is likly working with a very small number and still trying to provide you entertainment with this game.

Do i think the game has issues, hell yes, but have a little context here people be glad were are getting the xp at all right now and if you cant pvp right now either do something else or play another game, watch tv, read hell at least have half a brain to think that even if they wanted to fix the issues they might not be able due to working from home.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else was worse
    I don’t see the last four “still ongoing” issues as having anything directly to do with Greymoor. Personally, I like the changes coming with the chapter. Game performance is terrible, has always had issues, and has been at an all time low in my eyes since the infamous performance improvement patch.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just what you listed but many other bugs introduced with the Performance update.

Changing how block works may be a good thing for the server but it sure isn't for Tanking. Many times I am "blocking" as indicated by the block button pushed and held with full stamina and I still get one shotted in hard core dungeons. Sometimes Block works, sometimes it doesn't. I use OBS with Keyboard and Mouse overlays to monitor my gameplay which shows I am certainly blocking as far as pushing the Mouse button goes but the game says "nope...sorry!" and I have more than enough Stamina. It's gotten so bad I try to roll dodge for all the hard mode heavy attacks now.

So many issues, skills don't work, desyncs, boss fights bugged (ICP final boss synergy and Frostvault which has been broken for such a long time) and a delay in server response when skills do work. I can see 0.5 sec to 1 sec delays in skill response in 4 person dungeons.

I am not buying Greymoor until these issues are fixed. So tired of this going on and on. More content, more Crown store items, game stays broken. Geez...
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Greymoor will be the deadline for many players. If current problems arent resolved, then many players just stop caring about the game.

We can agree or disagree with changes, buff, nerfs, but performance is a serious issue and cannot be avoided.
    Edited by gepe87 on May 18, 2020 2:01PM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nо buff NB for PVP. They can’t fix the surprise attack bug and they just changed this skill.
    Vampirism, with its invisibility damage passives, is now 100% must have for NB for PvP.
    No nerf Blastbones.
    No nerf jabs.
    In principle, there has long been no work on balance in pvp.

The only thing I will be glad if the zos really fix the terrible delays of skills and lags in pve.
    PC/EU
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if Greymoor comes out and lag isn't fixed...
  • Jaxious79
    Jaxious79
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something else was worse
    gepe87 wrote: »
    I think Greymoor will be the deadline for many players. If current problems arent resolved, then many players just stop caring about the game.

We can agree or disagree with changes, buff, nerfs, but performance is a serious issue and cannot be avoided.

Yeah totally just like every other update and DLC. A matter a fact it's amazing how EVERY MMORPG ever released has had their entire forum warrior community leave the game because the new xpac/dlc/update destroyed the game. The weird thing is they seem to stay around and wait for the next dlc/update so they can keep complaining.

To be honest I wish some of these forum warriors had some integrity and followed through with their fake outrage and left.
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biased poll...
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m just having a hard time getting excited for this.

It’s Skyrim ffs, I should be excited!

But I’m just feeling kind of meh about it.

Maybe I’m biased too?
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    Greymoor is the worst. Minesweeper is not what i wish to be doing while pretending to play eso. I will not buy this chapter. If zos doesnt care enough to invest in the quality of their game, why should we invest our money into it? I highly recommend we boycott the purchasing of this game at the individual level and demand a refund if you pre-ordered it and to not buy it. In fact, dont even go to the public test server... just say no to it all.
    Edited by thissocalledflower on May 18, 2020 3:01PM
    After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
  • Jaxious79
    Jaxious79
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something else was worse
    Greymoor is the worst. Minesweeper is not what i wish to be doing while pretending to play eso. I will not buy this chapter. If zos doesnt care enough to invest in the quality of their game, why should we invest our money into it? I highly recommend we boycott the purchasing of this game at the individual level and demand a refund if you pre-ordered it and to not buy it. In fact, dont even go to the public test server... just say no to it all.

You do know you are this upset over a video game right? Boycott? Oh I love coming to mmorpg forums right before new content drops the doom and bloomers never fail to entertain me.

Please take some photos of you sitting in your basement with a pitchfork in one hand and a boycott sign in the other, oh another picture of you screaming at the sky.

You guys are too funny.
  • DukeDiewalker
    DukeDiewalker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone really has to be delusional at this point to buy Greymoor without guilt.
  • Etrella
    Etrella
    ✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    Such a bullcrap poll biased much OP?

Most of the problems here have NOTHING to do with Greymore and are QOL issues which many are blowing out of proportion. Cyrodil yes that is bad and will not disagree there but i have had ZERO latency problems in trials group events or anywhere else in the game and i have only seen one or two who have which makes me think its their issue, either their pc or there net connection (though i am not speaking about console which could be a different matter).

Second what is really vexing me is that people are still whining and complaining right now when the team is likly working with a very small number and still trying to provide you entertainment with this game.

Do i think the game has issues, hell yes, but have a little context here people be glad were are getting the xp at all right now and if you cant pvp right now either do something else or play another game, watch tv, read hell at least have half a brain to think that even if they wanted to fix the issues they might not be able due to working from home.

This poll is regarding all the issues up to this Patch and not just those in Greymoor. I am not making a discussion of whether YOU like the game or not, or whether YOU are having problems or not. This is a discussion of whether Negative feedback is at is highest AT THIS CURRENT TIME. Don't like it? Go make your own Poll. Have a nice day
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else was worse
    Vanilla was arguably in a worse state, but it is still very, very bad now.
    Small edit: I consider myself to be a pretty low-maintenance player; as long as I can unwind by escaping into this beautiful and interesting world in some fashion, even if it's just running around gathering mats, I have a reason to stick around... but I'm getting random loading screens in completely deserted places now, achievs are buggy, I can't work on my DPS because things are simply not firing even within houses. This is starting to grind down even my considerable patience.
    Edited by Nirntrotter on May 18, 2020 4:06PM
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »

Indeed. This was also the first patch that Rob Garrett was a part of. 🤔
    PC-NA
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    If I was in ZOS shoes I would have delayed the launch of Greymoor by at least 2 weeks so I could get it polished enough in all its aspects.
    Currently, there are far too many issues, both on Live servers and with the chapter on PTS.
    Delaying a scheduled launch for the Chapter is the lesser of two evils.
    I will not complain if it will be delayed for a month and ZOS will re-think the Vampire skill line and address many other issues.

Totally agree with this
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO. Morrowind was worse
    Someone really has to be delusional at this point to buy Greymoor without guilt.

I have purchased it and feel zero guilt. Now what?
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always negative feedback when changes are brought to the game, everyone in my guild is looking forward to the DLC dropping and we'll adapt to the changes just like we have in the past. People get too comfortable and when changes come, it forces them to change and what you're seeing on these forums is a result of that. I would surmise to say the same people who complain about the game being too easy or the content is old, this needs a nerf or this needs a buff are the same people who are complaining about these latest changes.

Regardless of the changes, this is a pretty good MMO for which I have been playing close to 4 years now and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I will add this, I wish they would do what ever it is that they need to do to improve the game play in PvP.

~ Cheers
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is all anecdotal, but during other patches I saw talk about quiting the game. Some high level members of my guilds did in fact quit over changes to mechanics. This time around I only see threads about curing vampirism. Maybe it's a lack of excitment to counter balance the negativity, but this is hardly the worst.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although many players always say they will quit the game, ofc isnt easy because they invest their time in ESO.
    Those may not quit suddenly but instead they spend less time and eventually they will quit when another game comes in to take eso place.

Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
This discussion has been closed.