The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A plea from a Necromancer, Werewolf, and Vampire player regarding the bounty system for questing

• Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    I dont have a problem with this justice mechanic but it would be nice to have some kind of indicator that told you if you were in an area where you can incur a bounty for using these skills.

Towns are obvious but there are a few out of the way quests where ive accumulated unexpected bounties (eg the xanmeer complex at the very south west corner of shadowfen, cant remember the name).

There are also a few instances where you can use a necro skill and no bounty warning appears but then when you leave the instance and go back into 'main' tamriel you have a bounty.
    Ps4 EU
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Getting bounty from a friendly npc because fighting enemy of said npc in a town is an error in game design.There is a fine line between roleplaying elements and stupid.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katrk wrote: »
    Hello, and I hope you’re having a wonderful day. I have come to this forum to implore ZOS fix some very game breaking instances with their bounty system for some skills. Many of you as well very well may know, in town or in the wild if a justice system none playable character sees you using the form you will gain considerable bounty depending on how many NPC’s see it. During quests, I have been accumulating a very large amount of bounties by simply using the Bone Goliath in a boss fights or NPC fights in cities, delves, and in the wilds simply wherever fighting whenever a justice system NPC is. I am asking, no quite frankly begging that Zenimax removes the chance of gaining a bounty during quests, period.

With the vampire and werewolf justice system coming in the next expansion I am having a lot of anxiety regarding these changes because they will literally impede my fun in questing and destroy my characters that are built around these play styles.It is fine that in none questing areas in cites will gain you a bounty, but in questing areas this must turned off. I will leave the short, but I very much hope that Zenimax will fix these problems in the near future. With COVID-19 I understand that there will be a little time to fix many problems such as these at this time.

Thank you for developing a fun game that I very much enjoy. Farewell.

I have to disagree because it's making this RPG even less of an RPG than it already feels. Just like in Skyrim, being a vampire got you attacked. You go into it knowing that you are becoming an outlaw. I made my Necromancer because those skills were forbidden and so I made plans to spend a lot of time in the outlaws refuge. It actually gives me a way to feel like my choices affect the game and vise versa.
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quite enjoy the bounty system, adds to the RP-ness of it all.

What could use some substantial cleaning up is what counts as a witness.

Me opening a lockbox and a guard sees me so I get a bounty = cool
    Me opening a lockbox and a goat sees me so I get a bounty = what?

Ah you encountered the fabled Dovahgoat. Just count yourself lucky that you didn't get punted off a mountain :)
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    Getting bounty from a friendly npc because fighting enemy of said npc in a town is an error in game design.There is a fine line between roleplaying elements and stupid.

At the same time, Devil's Advocate;

That friendly NPC doesn't know that when you're done lobbing exploding skeletons at an enemy that you're not going to turn around and do it to them. So no--it's not an error in design in my opinion. That's also taking into account how that lore works. You're blatantly raising Undead in the eyes of a townie, so they're not going to stop and be all "Hey, we're cool right?" You're right, there is a fine line between roleplaying elements and stupidity, but that also goes both ways.

That being said--if you don't want to get a bounty, don't use those abilities. My characters meld into society by using basic abilities while approaching or near a town, unless I have a character that I want bounties on. Adding vampirism into the mix adds more of a highlight into those characters despite my aversion to the direction of some of the glaring issues with the new vampire line.
    Edited by Sephyr on May 14, 2020 7:48PM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have yet to see someone reporting me for being a werewolf, or transforming.. But it would make sense, since they are feared creatures
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to see someone reporting me for being a werewolf, or transforming.. But it would make sense, since they are feared creatures

I remember when the Justice system first hit PTS, I tested that specifically. To see if Werewolves were illegal or had a separate bounty. I was a little disappointed by the results.