Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: May 15 @ 4PM—Vampire Re-Vamp & Kyne’s Aegis"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
fcaf45e1c99bd28ac5f714b5ab39666e.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for the "ESO Live: May 15 @ 4PM—Vampire Re-Vamp & Kyne’s Aegis" blog article.

Learn about the updated Vampire Skill Line and Greymoor’s new Trial during the next #BethesdaAtHome edition of ESO Live!
Staff Post
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I suggested here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/526911/combat-team-stream-questions#latest

But it would be nice for some community questions to be answered as part of the stream if that is possible.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    I have some questions for @ZOS_RobGarrett and Kyle Nowak, hope they will be answered during stream:
    1) Why Blood Scion so tall and bulky, why he has huge horns, why he glows, why he looks like Xivkyn or demon, but not like vampire?
    2) Vampire Lord NPC and Bloodknight NPC have same 3D model in their core, but different little details make them look more vampiric(wing stumps, smaller or no horns, no glow, different stance, claw attacks). Can we have one of this models as one of the ultimate morphs? If it against lore or plot you can adjust them a little and give another name. To keep their claw attacks weapon skills can be restricted to this morph.
    3) Why you changed visual effects of Vampiric Drain? Now it looks absolutly not vampiric. Before it looked like flow of blood, now it looks like bright beam of energy. And overall now it looks to bright, player glows, beam glows, target glows.
    4) In my opinion Blood Frenzy skill is bad in it's core, it's a power buff outside Minor and Major buffs mechanics. If HP loss will be easy to bypass players will use Blood Frenzy as passive skill, will never turn it off during fights and it will become almost must have for top PvE. If HP loss will be hard to bypass it will be useless or only top players will be able to use it, that will increase skill ceiling even more. The only ones who will no doubt benefit from this skill are gankers, bombers and snipers in PvP. How do you see the use of this skill, what idea is behind it?
    5) Why you reduced damage of Vampirc Drain and Blood Mist more than in half? Vampire skill line lack damaging skills outside Eviscerate, make at least one damaging morph for each ability.
    6) Why vampire skill line have no thematic gap closer or dash ability? How, in you opinion, players must close distance in PvP to use Eviscerate?
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we also explore the lost opportunities from the vampire changes:

1. Turning into a cloud of bats, either as a gap closer, a sprint visual change or a mount option. This looked really impressive in the trailer would be a great addition to the vampire theme.

2. Could the team articulate the reason for a separate blood scion model, as opposed to a more bestial batlike vampire skin at stage 5 which retained player armor and costume appearance.

3. Evicerate would be more thematically impressive if the visual included clawing rather than just waving your weapon at the enemy in the midst or a red mist. Are there any plans to change this animation.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they can comment on my poll suggestion here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/526340/legendary-overland-difficulty-toggle-option#latest

Currently 183 votes, 53% want an harder difficulty setting for Overland content.

I can understand if they don't want to implement it the same way like I suggested, but an harder Overland content mode is needed.
    Edited by Universe on May 14, 2020 1:43PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed we didn't get a Eviscerate Stamina morph. Can they show how a Stamina Vampire can use the new skill line?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you comment on why so many enemy attacks in Kyne’s Aegis have no ground telegraphs. It’s hard to move away from something invisible. And why even the few that do have telegraphs use custom particle animations that can be difficult to see and completely bypass the custom colors setting? This setting exists for a reason, please utilize it.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on May 14, 2020 4:42PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also are there any plans to rework the Kyne’s Aegis sets? In their current state most players won’t have any reason to obtain them.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on May 14, 2020 4:44PM
  • Nser
    Nser
    ✭✭✭
    - make vampire lord ultm size smaller its tooo big looks wierd.. And why when im in vampire lord form im not getting any ultim reg what the purpos.. There was nothing aboutnit in patch notes.
    - bring back the 40% reduce cost of vampire its was in good spot (vampire stage 4)
    - could we have some NPC vampire skills ability its to good better then what we currently have right now.
    - Eviscerate its cool ability but its need some Animation improve with cool sound effect.
    - Blood Frenzy its bad we need real combat ability could you guys change it and its not worth using it even if it cost 1k health only still not worth.
    - Mesmerize its cool stun but thats its there is no passive on the ability nothing.. At least when stun enime gain a buff damage anything useful and the animation not great no sound effect
    - vampire drain its should be change to life drain aoe or anything usefull.
    - all vampire passive not for combat action why..

The question is are we gonna see more improvment on vampire skills line & passive side with animations rework (revamp)?
    Edited by Nser on May 15, 2020 6:41AM
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why doesn't the Blood Scion ultimate have wings? Bat Scion did have wings and they were removed, along with the art from the pre-PTS ability icon. They clearly had wings, but now they don't. We'd love to have our wing stumps as a Lord and not a Knight.
  • Eravior_
    Eravior_
    ✭✭
    "Even worse, if your blood curse is at stage four, many NPCs (including merchants) will recognize you as somebody afflicted by vampirism and will refuse to deal with you."

“We want the choice to play as a vampire to be deliberate and meaningful..."

Annoying does not equal meaningful. Meaningful would be wearing a full-face covering and not being recognized as a vampire. Causing a vampire player character going around not wearing a covering to have actual weight. Being hunted by vampire killers which results in random attacks would be meaningful. Altering non-DLC vampire-related quests due to vampirism would be meanigful.

"However, there is a cost to this new power, and increasing your stage of vampirism can have the following penalties:

Increase cost for non-Vampire abilities"

You get a few abilities that clearly aren't world-changing and now all other abilities cost more? This seems like one of those "The devs can't beat the content they just implemented." kind of deals.

"Here's your new car! Now all your mortgage payments cost more!"
    My character would carry a torch for the ESO devs but they have photophobia.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    Maybe they can comment on my poll suggestion here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/526340/legendary-overland-difficulty-toggle-option#latest

Currently 183 votes, 53% want an harder difficulty setting for Overland content.

I can understand if they don't want to implement it the same way like I suggested, but an harder Overland content mode is needed.

Simply run with low level grey gear and no CP - instant hard mode you have set for yourself. @Universe
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)