The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat Team / PVP team questions

Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno

Are you guys planning to allow for any general combat questions (maybe some PVP questions :)?) with the stream or will it be kept to only vamp and greymoor stuff?
perhaps we could give you some community submissions for each forum section or it would maybe be an opportunity to discuss any discussion with reps / wider things planned for PTS next week.

Also it would be nice to hear about performance stuff in more detail

Question examples:
  • Are there any plans to adjust combat based on the current performance issues - for example client server location desync's caused by knock back and knock up abilities, and bugs with sprinting and stuns (streak cc bug?)?
  • Have you seen the feedback on magicka based special weapons such as asylum, master and BRP, is there any plan to change these in the upcoming PTS cycle?
  • The PVP content for this chapter feels a little light in comparison to previous chapters, are there plans to give Cyrodiil and PvPers some new content later this year aside from potential performance fixes?
  • Since One Tamriel promoted playing other factions and now Alliance locked campaigns a lot of players who levelled characters on other alliances have been unable to use characters they have levelled and in some cases bought perks for using the crown store. Are there any plans to give a certain number of alliance change tokens for free to account for players in these situations?
Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on May 18, 2020 9:36AM
@Solar_Breeze
NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Since One Tamriel promoted playing other factions and now Alliance locked campaigns a lot of players who levelled characters on other alliances have been unable to use characters they have levelled and in some cases bought perks for using the crown store. Are there any plans to give a certain number of alliance change tokens for free to account for players in these situations?

I can't imagine they'd give Alliance Change tokens for free in any scenario. Unlike race changes which someone would do to keep up with the meta and appearance changes to shake things up in the fashion department, alliance choice is usually semi-permanent and after the first one, likely wouldn't be done again on that character. I know in my own experience, the only reason I have a DC sorc is because I made a direct clone of my main sorc to fight friends in Cyrodiil before dueling was introduced. For me to spend more than that 1 Alliance Change token, my entire social circle would have to shift to another alliance, and that's assuming I even care enough to participate in PvP with the recent performance.

Alliance Change tokens are coming way too late in the game's life, IMO. Morrowind was probably the strongest patch to introduce them with the number of people bringing friends into the game and wanting to hang out with them in Cyrodiil while having somewhat decent performance in PvP. Greymoor will probably have a lot of Skyrim nostalgia-chasing enthusiasts buying the game and making new accounts but I doubt many older players will buy tokens for their other characters just so they can share alliances because PvP performance is so poor.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on May 13, 2020 5:21PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »

I can't imagine they'd give Alliance Change tokens for free in any scenario. Unlike race changes which someone would do to keep up with the meta and appearance changes to shake things up in the fashion department, alliance choice is usually semi-permanent and after the first one, likely wouldn't be done again on that character. I know in my own experience, the only reason I have a DC sorc is because I made a direct clone of my main sorc to fight friends in Cyrodiil before dueling was introduced. For me to spend more than that 1 Alliance Change token, my entire social circle would have to shift to another alliance, and that's assuming I even care enough to participate in PvP with the recent performance.

Alliance Change tokens are coming way too late in the game's life, IMO. Morrowind was probably the strongest patch to introduce them with the number of people bringing friends into the game and wanting to hang out with them in Cyrodiil while having somewhat decent performance in PvP. Greymoor will probably have a lot of Skyrim nostalgia-chasing enthusiasts buying the game and making new accounts but I doubt many older players will buy tokens for their other characters just so they can share alliances because PvP performance is so poor.

This games nostalgia playerbase is kinda milked at this point we been back to all es 1 and 2 locations, been to cyrodiil, back to morrowind, now skyrim again after ep storyline... inwould have killed to change factions long before one tamrial but its past and all that fluff is digested need new hooks or just unlock the races and alliances and scrap the locks this late in the game its just stupid
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's more than one PvP campaign, @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO. ;)

Players can play on a non-faction locked campaign if they leveled characters on other alliances. If there's an incorrect perception that they're "unable" to play, that's totally on the player to understand how the PvP campaigns work.

In addition, players can level a new character (in their chosen Alliance) in a day ... assuming they're diligent about gaining XP and skill points.

I agree with the other questions in your list, however.

... or just unlock the races and alliances and scrap the locks this late in the game its just stupid

I don't think we need to recap the long litany of reasons why faction lock was put into place, @Mettaricana.

If you honestly don't know why there are faction locks, I suggest you use the forums search feature to read up.

• Vea
    Vea
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno

[*] The PVP content for this chapter feels a little light in comparison to previous chapters, are there plans to give Cyrodiil and PvPers some new content later this year aside from potential performance fixes?

[/list]

This. Long time now.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really there is no solution to the problem of SA except how to completely rework the skill?
    PC/EU
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The question isn't really about whether alliance locks or alliance tokens should be in place just questioning whether there will be a free swap token available or not.

I'm fine with the answer either way (although i would prefer 1 token because I think it was a little misleading how things were handled)

It would be good if people could add genuine non troll questions so that ZOS has some basis to pick from should they decide to do so.. iirc the cast times one has already been answered but it might be worth reiterating with the current balance patch.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno It would be really nice if something like this can be covered :smile:
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question isn't really about whether alliance locks or alliance tokens should be in place just questioning whether there will be a free swap token available or not.

One of your arguments to support free swap tokens is because of alliance locks, @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO ... so other players (including myself) have differing opinions on why that may not be a suitable justification for the tokens.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

One of your arguments to support free swap tokens is because of alliance locks, @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO ... so other players (including myself) have differing opinions on why that may not be a suitable justification for the tokens.

Not argument, just a question :)
    @Solar_Breeze
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid even your example questions are too relevant and constructive for Z0S personnel to bother responding, also the post is written in actual readable language instead of some pointless letter combo language. No answers coming at all, however this thread is probably left open. The communication just works and has definitely improved greatly (nonconstructive sarcasm).
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid even your example questions are too relevant and constructive for Z0S personnel to bother responding, also the post is written in actual readable language instead of some pointless letter combo language. No answers coming at all, however this thread is probably left open. The communication just works and has definitely improved greatly (nonconstructive sarcasm).

Thanks for the complements, I'm sure ZOS will eventually reply but perhaps they needed more time then allowed for a response on stream.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Would you be able to collate some questions / get some answers for the above questions for us? It would be great if we could go into Greymoor with some knowledge of what is to come. I think the PVP player base at the very least would thank you <3
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

Hey :) I saw that you were able to provide some feedback on the BG thread, wondered if you have anything more you are able to share here?

Thanks
    @Solar_Breeze