The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What do we think of the Alliance Change tokens?

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Good?

Bad?

Meh?
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    {They are on the current PTS build for Greymoor in the Crown Storre but like everything during a new chapter test they cost only 1 crown. No idea what they will charge on live.}
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    Its about time and yes I'm expecting they will be expensive and justifiably so.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine by me. I don't see it as pay to win at all. They don't provide anything that I couldn't just do by swapping to an alt.

I probably would have attached a cooldown to them to prevent any potential abuses like 30 days or so, but I'm fine with the current implementation.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s on the list of things I used to care about and don’t anymore, due to the abysmal state of gameplay.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really pleased about it. I joined a social guild that I adore, and they play a different alliance from my main, and I didn't want to start a different PvP toon. Now I can join them in Cyrodiil.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm indifferent, all my toons are AD and will remain so. It will be nice for those who want to consolidate all their characters onto one alliance though.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are farcical if they have a cost. ZOS will be even further down the road of profiting from problems they created. That's not bashing ZOS, mods, it's the objective truth.

The proper way to have implemented this would be to remove hard coded Alliances from Cyrodiil entirely. Allow characters to play for any faction and lock them to that Alliance for the duration of the campaign cycle. No cost to players; except perhaps AP. Problem solved.

When ZOS removed Alliance restrictions in Cyrodiil, it was the start of a new epoch in Cyrodiil when cross-faction cultures flourished with a lot of enthusiasm. For the record, it didn't suit my tastes. All of my level 50 characters are AD. But still, I recognize these players were given the freedom to create a new culture so I don't think it was fair to remove it later because it was so disruptive to those affected. The introduction of locked alliances on the main campaign seems to have decimated the enthusiasm that existed by erecting too many barriers for friends to play with each other as they had previously.

From what I can see, a huge part of Cyrodiil's community was lost directly because of the reintroduction of faction locks. I think the fair thing to do is to make Alliance Change Tokens free or extremely inexpensive -- like 50 Crowns. Really, players deserve a more nuanced system that eliminates the Crown Store from the equation.
    Edited by zyk on April 21, 2020 4:57AM
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine by me. I don't see it as pay to win at all. They don't provide anything that I couldn't just do by swapping to an alt.

I probably would have attached a cooldown to them to prevent any potential abuses like 30 days or so, but I'm fine with the current implementation.

how does one do that or are you playing on an unlocked server? if that's the case of course it doesn't matter..
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea, have 2 characters from launch I'd like to finally move to DC. I have a feeling the cost is going to be around €20-40 per character to move, hoping its not but at the end of the day these games are built to make money first and foremost so expecting a heavy cost.
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally! I can make all my characters EP if I want. :smiley:

While recruiting for a Pact-loyal PVP guild, I was amazed by the number of players who didn't have a clue which Alliance they were. As in "open your character menu and tell me which animal picture is next to your name" type didn't-have-a-clue.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The idea is great but it should have been implemented differently. In Wow for example, during the first several years after release, they monitored closely which server had more population for each alliance and introduced faction change tokens for the faction that needs it the most. In other words, the tokens would allow you to reroll to the faction which need help on said server but not the other way around.

Now, with what we have seen in the past in TESO with buffed campaigns centered on one faction at 3bars or max pop farming emperor or pvdooring keeps against the two other factions at low pop, it shows how a large majority of people in this game enjoy playing for the dominant faction no matter the consequences. Most people don't seek a real challenge and they hate to log in to see the map entirely controlled by other factions while they are being pushed to their home keeps.

They don't see that as an opportunity to develop even more fights without pushing as deep in enemy territory. This being said, I believe that the best way to have implemented those faction change tokens would have been to monitor every campaign cycle, which one need it the most and allow a one way transfer to the faction that needs it the most.
    Edited by frozywozy on April 21, 2020 12:29PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will change nothing.

Edited by Xarc on April 21, 2020 12:28PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    The idea is great but it should have been implemented differently. In Wow for example, during the first several years after release, they monitored closely which server had more population for each alliance and introduced faction change tokens for the faction that needs it the most. In other words, the tokens would allow you to reroll to the faction which need help on said server but not the other way around.

Now, with what we have seen in the past in TESO with buffed campaigns centered on one faction at 3bars or max pop farming emperor or pvdooring keeps against the two other factions at low pop, it shows how a large majority of people in this game enjoy playing for the dominant faction no matter the consequences. Most people don't seek a real challenge and they hate to log in to see the map entirely controlled by other factions while they are being pushed to their home keeps.

They don't see that as an opportunity to develop even more fights without pushing as deep in enemy territory. This being said, I believe that the best way to have implemented those faction change tokens would have been to monitor every campaign cycle, which one need it the most and allow a one way transfer to the faction that needs it the most.

We're not sure how they will be implemented yet - as an "always available" feature or as you say. But I would guess always available.

• grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You cant compare this to Wow at all. Because you can only raid as Horde with other Horde, etc. As far as the map, who cares. If people are really that into it, they can already do that by changing toons. This isnt going to circumvent faction lock. It just allows people that have really old/original characters in alliance they dont play to bring them to the one they do play.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »

You cant compare this to Wow at all. Because you can only raid as Horde with other Horde, etc. As far as the map, who cares. If people are really that into it, they can already do that by changing toons. This isnt going to circumvent faction lock. It just allows people that have really old/original characters in alliance they dont play to bring them to the one they do play.

What is the difference between pvping as horde with horde or EP with EP?

I think you also confused people caring to play the dominant faction with people caring for the map.
    Edited by frozywozy on April 21, 2020 5:58PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you also confused people caring to play the dominant faction with people caring for the map.

Because our Battleground system is noncompetitive and non-faction specific. Also faction balance would matter more if it locked you out of that plus all pve content. It does not. Im saying you cant use that as an example because theyre not even in the same atmosphere.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because our Battleground system is noncompetitive and non-faction specific. Also faction balance would matter more if it locked you out of that plus all pve content. It does not. Im saying you cant use that as an example because theyre not even in the same atmosphere.

Why do you speak about battlegrounds?
    I never reffered to them anywhere and it has nothing to do with faction change tokens.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do you speak about battlegrounds?
    I never reffered to them anywhere and it has nothing to do with faction change tokens.

Because you made the argument WoW used to consider faction balance. And I was just pointing out they did in sake because the game revolves around the factions. There is no Cyrodiil (although open world pvp is a thing technically if you turn it on.). ESO faction really only matters in Cyrodiil. It’s just not the same thing. Either way, I have no Qualms with you and I’d be fine with them adding a cool down or whatever. But I don’t think they’re gonna do that.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AvA is boring, I prefer AvAvA. :p:#
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means faction lock is now a "pay to win" feature.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    The proper way to have implemented this would be to remove hard coded Alliances from Cyrodiil entirely.

This also is the only scenario that really comports with the lore of Cadwell's Silver and Gold, and the nature of the vestige being a "Paragon Soul Shriven" spontaneously created by the Heart of Nirn to defend the Mundus from destruction in the Planemeld.

Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on April 28, 2020 12:30PM
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will use. My former main (dunmer) cant stay in AD.
    Meanwhile my current main, EP, reached even more achivement points. Still grinding Alliance Rank.
    I changed for lore reasons.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious how much it will end up costing. If it's something semi-reasonable, like 2500 - 4500 I imagine it will see alot of use.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good?

Bad?

Meh?

If they lock all campaigns at same time happy days.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no point when Cyrodiil is unplayable, and even then, why would I pay to fix a problem introduced by the devs in the first place?

Better idea: login less. I might be only one little blip that is unnoticeable, but my actions can still be significant.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, if people want to faction swap they are going to do it, with or without the tokens. All this changes is that you dont have to grind up a new character if your willing to shell out some money.

I have to agree with everyone else about them just removing factions as a whole though. I always felt we were more mercenary than soldier considering we can crown ourselves emperor instead of our faction leader.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as the the alliance lock is removed, there is no point paying real money for it, unless you're doing it for RP reasons.

Still. Many people with cash to burn will pay the 5k crowns for it.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    It's a fine solution. It gives folks a chance to get to the alliance they want to be in, but hopefully expensive enough to discourage alliance hoping that was so rampant before and a big problem.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best part about them is faction lock is staying. Hopefully they do more faction lock, time to bring back pride of being apart of your faction and guilds.

Yay.
    Edited by IronWooshu on May 5, 2020 11:58AM
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many