The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Small scalers get another nerf

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
> This isn’t just 1 ability that causes this type of health bar swinging, so we are making adjustments to Battlespirit which now reduces healing taken by 60% instead of 50%.

Another direct nerf to small scale players or really anyone who relies purely on their own heals, the issues currently isn’t self heals, its the disgustingly high amount of off healing, the sheer number of healers and the often ~30K+ health pools most people run. Builds like stamblade and magdk already struggle and this will make them essentially unplayable outside a zerg or have to rely on cheesy health recovery set ups to play, again killing diversity.

All of these changes because the devs won’t address the real issue being that ZERGS AND BALLGROUPS ARE OVERPOWERED, 10% healing taken makes no difference when you have half a dozen warden and templars plus dedicated healers around keeping your health bar from moving anyway, nerf off healing in to the ground, put hard and soft caps on max health, put low caps on group buffs, make people run their own major buffs, don't let 1 warden give an entire zerg major resistances, stop letting 1 molten weapons give an entire zerg major brutality/sorcery it is ridiculous how many PvP players cant perform a burst combo but have double the population of Greenland in AVA kills. It seems if lag doesn’t drive off the last few 1 or 2 vXers left, ridiculous small scale nerfing like this will.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    > This isn’t just 1 ability that causes this type of health bar swinging, so we are making adjustments to Battlespirit which now reduces healing taken by 60% instead of 50%.

Another direct nerf to small scale players or really anyone who relies purely on their own heals, the issues currently isn’t self heals, its the disgustingly high amount of off healing, the sheer number of healers and the often ~30K+ health pools most people run. Builds like stamblade and magdk already struggle and this will make them essentially unplayable outside a zerg or have to rely on cheesy health recovery set ups to play, again killing diversity.

All of these changes because the devs won’t address the real issue being that ZERGS AND BALLGROUPS ARE OVERPOWERED, 10% healing taken makes no difference when you have half a dozen warden and templars plus dedicated healers around keeping your health bar from moving anyway, nerf off healing in to the ground, put hard and soft caps on max health, put low caps on group buffs, make people run their own major buffs, don't let 1 warden give an entire zerg major resistances, stop letting 1 molten weapons give an entire zerg major brutality/sorcery it is ridiculous how many PvP players cant perform a burst combo but have double the population of Greenland in AVA kills. It seems if lag doesn’t drive off the last few 1 or 2 vXers left, ridiculous small scale nerfing like this will.

Bro, they've been trying to hit small scale and solo play more or less directly since morrowind now. Devs don't want skill depth in this game, it should have been clear by now.
    Options
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I think I'm going to retire the NBs and play a brain-dead Warden from now on.
    Options
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be an interesting solution would be the healing power gets lower the more people you have in a group.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
    Options
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    Yeah I think I'm going to retire the NBs and play a brain-dead Warden from now on.

Don’t forget spin to win, nothing goes better with an ulti dump build better than dbreaker followed by an undodgable aoe execute
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe that is the dev teams's endgame...
    Options
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smal scale => Batleground/ IC
    Zerg/Ballgroup => Cyro

Why would you go to cyro for "smal scaling"[ snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on April 22, 2020 6:04PM
    Options
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Zerg/Ballgroup => Cyro

Why would you go to cyro for "smal scaling" if you spend 90% of the time running around trees and the other 10% on the forum writing nerfposts?

Because people don't understand the difference between these game modes it has been shown time and time again.

People think 2 people doing BG together should be in cyrodil because they are a "premade" just shows you that most people complaining don't actually know what they are talking about lol.
    Options
  • Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭

Idk if these changes were in the last month since I took a break but my mag dk seems fine. Most people can’t kill me and I still only use 1 heal most of the time.
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerg/Ballgroup => Cyro

Why would you go to cyro for "smal scaling" if you spend 90% of the time running around trees and the other 10% on the forum writing nerfposts?

Problem the reason braindead zerglings/ ball groups go there despite the fact they don't really do anything indivudally because of the sheer numbers of people with them spamming in those slideshow fights with 10 fps.

Because its different and allows for unique fights.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerg/Ballgroup => Cyro

If only this was the case, I don’t even bother with cyrodil anymore after I get tier 3 rewards on my characters, even the IC is now absolutely littered with zergs and huge groups, the performance issues they cause in cyro had driven them to IC where they now do it there. There is nothing more frustrating than kiting 3 or 4 zerglings away then one turns out to be a blockcast magplar then a minute later the other 10+ members of the come over to roll you
    Options
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small Scaling Cyrodiil is fun with a competent group, but I’m not going to cry and insult people for playing the AvAvA as a “zergling”, they are playing it as intended, if solo or A small group if I get run over by a zerg, well, quite frankly I should die. If you want to duel go to PvE. The only people 1vXing are either fighting potatoes or a group that isn’t communicating with each other. Yes there’s probably a small percent of “god tier” soloists, but they are far and inbetween, and even if they run into a equally skilled group, the soloist should still die. But keep living in the delusion that surfing the edge of a zerg is small scale.
    Options
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    Zerg/Ballgroup => Cyro

Comment made me laugh. Have a cookie.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds drastic, I know, but they should reduce the healing on a few abilities that are overhealing atm, templar, necro and warden both have these skills. But they should also bring back softcaps to max health and armor (only those stats) So lets say you build over 25k health, every hp point you gain over that treshhold will be halfed, same with armor. This would make for a much healthier cyrodiil where ppl actually died if they made a mistake etc..

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    It sounds drastic, I know, but they should reduce the healing on a few abilities that are overhealing atm, templar, necro and warden both have these skills. But they should also bring back softcaps to max health and armor (only those stats) So lets say you build over 25k health, every hp point you gain over that treshhold will be halfed, same with armor. This would make for a much healthier cyrodiil where ppl actually died if they made a mistake etc..

Agree 100% they buffed heals to counter play the dot meta yet when they nerf dots they didnt touch healing. Wish is this brought up more, rapid regen and vigor should heal what the dots do now which is around 10k maybe a little more. These 20k tool tips on things like sorc bird just need to get knocked down a peg.
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The healing in PVP is absurd. A group of 4 people shouldn't have the healing potential of a group of 12. The game for years has facilitated the ability to be your own pocket healer on top of being tanky and having high damage, which is out of control. If you build to be a deadicated healer then your heals should be great. If you build for damage, you should not be able to heal yourself as well as a dedicated healer, nor come close.

Whether or not nerfing heal output is the right thing to do to fix this, at least it's something. Really what they should do is increase the cost of heals by a lot, all heals...stamina and magicka heals....and force people to have to build into recoveries to effectively utilize them.

Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerg/Ballgroup => Cyro

[edited for baiting]

Because zerg pounding as a solo sport is the stuff of legends, that's like saying "you've only got one harpoon gun, why would you go hunt whales when you can hunt sea bass."

My formal stance on this is that the game has shifted too hard into passive stats. It's why CP is broken, and it's why gear is too significant.

Active skills aren't playing a strong enough role, both defensively and offensively. If I'm getting slammed, I should have to use active skills to counter being slammed, which should mitigate even crazy excess damage for short durations, as long as I can sustain them.

What players should not be able to do, is stand still and survive getting pounded indefinitely.
    Edited by Cathexis on April 24, 2020 1:51AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    ...and even if they run into a equally skilled group, the soloist should still die.

This right here, this mentality is the problem.
    No one should die just because they run into an equally skilled group. It's not predetermined. This statement presupposes that engagement has the finite result of one side losing or one side winning and that that follows a ruleset, rather than the variability of combat.

It fails to identify that having an excessively high margin of survivability, such that a single player can't eliminate players faster than they can be resurrected, acts as a simulated barrier to solo combat, not a naturally occuring one, as the statement implies.

When the risk/reward ratio of engagement goes from low to high equally uniformly (I am at greater risk if I am closer, but so are they), solo is effective as a gambit playstyle. At present, there is no reward for solo engaging more than 2-4 players at a time, as their net defense outpaces solo capacity provided they are even mildly organized or prepared.
    Edited by Cathexis on April 24, 2020 2:18AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is ridiculous how many PvP players cant perform a burst combo but have double the population of Greenland in AVA kills.

oh god that's a good one ROFLMAO!

Don’t forget spin to win, nothing goes better with an ulti dump build better than dbreaker followed by an undodgable aoe execute

is spin to win still a thing? its reduced range right? spin to win with Blackrose dual wield?
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Zerg/Ballgroup => Cyro

[edited for baiting]

Because zerg pounding as a solo sport is the stuff of legends, that's like saying "you've only got one harpoon gun, why would you go hunt whales when you can hunt sea bass."

My formal stance on this is that the game has shifted too hard into passive stats. It's why CP is broken, and it's why gear is too significant.

Active skills aren't playing a strong enough role, both defensively and offensively. If I'm getting slammed, I should have to use active skills to counter being slammed, which should mitigate even crazy excess damage for short durations, as long as I can sustain them.

What players should not be able to do, is stand still and survive getting pounded indefinitely.

agreed.

1vX should be very hard to master, but it shouldn't be downright impossible thanks to zerg healing.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The healing in PVP is absurd. A group of 4 people shouldn't have the healing potential of a group of 12. The game for years has facilitated the ability to be your own pocket healer on top of being tanky and having high damage, which is out of control. If you build to be a deadicated healer then your heals should be great. If you build for damage, you should not be able to heal yourself as well as a dedicated healer, nor come close.

Whether or not nerfing heal output is the right thing to do to fix this, at least it's something. Really what they should do is increase the cost of heals by a lot, all heals...stamina and magicka heals....and force people to have to build into recoveries to effectively utilize them.

I've said it a lot they need to make "healing" its own stat that you need to spec into rather than having it being tied to mag/spell damage and stam/weapon damage.......

A 6k+ weapon damage vigor covers both insane damage and survivability in 1 stat same with magic toons.

This is the biggest problem with PVP there should be choices playing alone. You shouldn't be a tank/healer/dps in one spec and if you go that round you should be only ok at them. Jack of a trade master of none..... But somehow we have master of all in this game.
    Options
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've said it a lot they need to make "healing" its own stat that you need to spec into rather than having it being tied to mag/spell damage and stam/weapon damage.......

A 6k+ weapon damage vigor covers both insane damage and survivability in 1 stat same with magic toons.

This is the biggest problem with PVP there should be choices playing alone. You shouldn't be a tank/healer/dps in one spec and if you go that round you should be only ok at them. Jack of a trade master of none..... But somehow we have master of all in this game.

You know that such a change again only favors bigger groups? A solo player would lose damage to gain reasonable healing, therefore have much less killing power and hardere times to kill the zerglings. Meanwhile in bigger groups and zergs, youc an just specc into one thing, since your groupmembers will cover the other thing. You can be the annoying healer with zero damage and that is perfectly fine in groups. Or you are specced into damage and *** healing, but your group will cover up the healing somewhere with a healer. Only soloers and small scalers will be hit by such a change, because they need to specc in everything.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ever see that Simpsons episode where a frantic mother pops up throughout the show who screams ‘what about the children!’.

That’s what I think of whenever I see small scale and 1vX posts like this. The playstyle is fine, time to get good.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know that such a change again only favors bigger groups? A solo player would lose damage to gain reasonable healing, therefore have much less killing power and hardere times to kill the zerglings. Meanwhile in bigger groups and zergs, youc an just specc into one thing, since your groupmembers will cover the other thing. You can be the annoying healer with zero damage and that is perfectly fine in groups. Or you are specced into damage and *** healing, but your group will cover up the healing somewhere with a healer. Only soloers and small scalers will be hit by such a change, because they need to specc in everything.

Lol so it is not okay to take it away because it hurts solo players ability to fight/kill ENTIRE ZERGS ALONE?

It is crazy that 1 person can kill an entire group. I pretty much only play small scale PVP and I find it crazy me and my wife together can kill 8+ alone. That is not okay lol.

PEOPLE CHOOSE TO PLAY SOLO, why should you be as powerful as an entire group because YOU CHOOSE that route?
    Options
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol so it is not okay to take it away because it hurts solo players ability to fight/kill ENTIRE ZERGS ALONE?

It is crazy that 1 person can kill an entire group. I pretty much only play small scale PVP and I find it crazy me and my wife together can kill 8+ alone. That is not okay lol.

PEOPLE CHOOSE TO PLAY SOLO, why should you be as powerful as an entire group because YOU CHOOSE that route?

Wow lol that argument. If you and your wife together killed so many, than it means they were terrible. So why shouldnt you be able to kill several unskilled players alone?

It only makes sense that one guy can take on several opponents, if he outskills them. Thats the same thing as if a martial arts athlete fights several children, which will probably result in the same.

Soloers are not as strong as a group, because they choose so. They have chosen solo play to challenge themselves, but skill and knowledge let them overwhelm their enemies. Skill and experience, two things gathered by long practicing. Somebody spending lots of time into that should just be stronger than new players, even if they outnumber him.
    Options
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow lol that argument. If you and your wife together killed so many, than it means they were terrible. So why shouldnt you be able to kill several unskilled players alone?

It only makes sense that one guy can take on several opponents, if he outskills them. Thats the same thing as if a martial arts athlete fights several children, which will probably result in the same.

Soloers are not as strong as a group, because they choose so. They have chosen solo play to challenge themselves, but skill and knowledge let them overwhelm their enemies. Skill and experience, two things gathered by long practicing. Somebody spending lots of time into that should just be stronger than new players, even if they outnumber him.

They should be stronger yes, but to do as good healing as the dedicated healer, to be as tanky as an actual pve tank, to do the damage of a top tier dps all at once should not be allowed lol.

That fighter you are talking about in your example, how often are they the best kicker in the world along with being the best grappler in the world and also the best boxer in the world? VERY RARE to be the best at everything so again I ask why is it okay to be the BEST at everything in a game just because your out of hand stats allow it?

PS: edited to let you know you play solo for a "challenge" and this would definitely let you have a better "challenge"......
    Edited by Kidgangster101 on April 24, 2020 6:48PM
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would be fine with that change.
    Options
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only makes sense that one guy can take on several opponents, if he outskills them.

Nothing makes sense about players with significantly different levels of skill/experience/attitude playing against each other in a PvP game. As all it leads to is largely low skilled, dull PvP with impossible balance issues and a dying game(mode).

Which is why most PvP games dropped that model long ago and is a big part of why PvP fails miserably in games like ESO (and in MMORPGs generally).
    Edited by Sylosi on April 24, 2020 6:34PM
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they revert the blanket healing nerf. I was doing BGs on my stam sorc today and my healing is already atrocious as it is. Meanwhile I was drooling at the Necros with their tethers and spirit guardians, stamplars with their rune focus and minor mending, Wardens with their minor protection and multiple healing sources, stam dks with their armor and major mending on demand.
    Why the hell even play stam sorc next update. There's literally no point.
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylosi wrote: »
    It only makes sense that one guy can take on several opponents, if he outskills them.

Nothing makes sense about players with significantly different levels of skill/experience/attitude playing against each other in a PvP game. As all it leads to is largely low skilled, dull PvP with impossible balance issues and a dying game(mode).

Which is why most PvP games dropped that model long ago and is a big part of why PvP fails miserably in games like ESO (and in MMORPGs generally).

Because that's how survival of the fittest works. Always has, always will. It's never going to be "fair".
    Options
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because that's how survival of the fittest works. Always has, always will. It's never going to be "fair".

Sorry, I don't roleplay.
    Edited by Sylosi on April 24, 2020 7:36PM
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorry, I don't roleplay.

Neither do I, I PVP. If you're red, you're dead.
    Options