The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Collecting Information....

• thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think using “hybrid”, “single/multiple weapon system platform” is creating an issue. The former has a community definition; the latter is your own creation. Let’s just drop them. If you can answer the 3 questions below we can help. There are no right or wrong answers.

1) Are the skills you use and want to use primarily magika, stamina, or both?

2) Which weapons do you use and want to use among 2 hand, dual wield, bow, 1 hand/shiel, destruction staff, restoration staff? (Can answer anywhere from 1 of them to all of them.)

3) we all play the way we want. Some of us have quite unique play styles and we are willing to give up say half of potential performance (or more). There’s nothing wrong with that. What is your preference in that regard?

I believe you have answered them before but it’d be easier to start over and all get on same page using only in-game terms instead of out-of-game short hand.
    Edited by thadjarvis on February 11, 2020 1:45PM
  • DarkLordLegion
    Raisin wrote: »
    The truth is, you know very little about this game, yet have formed a lot of completely wrong opinions that you've convinced yourself are fact. And then you antagonize people who try to help you, because your own lack of topical knowledge hinders your understanding of most of the things you ask questions about. You genuinely seem to have no idea what you even want.

Let me to tell you, miss. I really do not need to know about the multiple characters playing social culture of ESO, of where you have to play the same way and know the same things as everyone else does.
    Sorry but you very obviously neither speak coherent English, nor know what a hybrid build is, since your definition of it is factually wrong. A hybrid build is a build that divides its attribute points between at least Magicka and Stamina, potentially Health if you wish, and then also uses both skills that scale based on mag and those based on stam or health.

Your definition is base on the concept of wanting to divide the attribute to a degree that is 32/32 split between Magicka and Stamina, therefore allowing you to use both Magicka Skills and Stamina Skills.

I went 20/20 Magicka and Stamina, while putting 24 into Health. That right there is much different then your 32/32 split. I got enough health to give me the choice to either use skill attacks or use non-skill attacks. But also, it would allow my stamina or my magicka to regenerate to its full amount, without having the need to uses magicka potions or stamina potions. Therefore, Hybrids has different options to use, while being a hybrid users.
    You also don't seem to know what a 'class' is. You choose a class for your character upon creation. Your options are: Dragonknight, Templar, Warden, Sorcerer, Nightblade and Necromancer. Each class comes with a different skill line -- those skill lines can only be unlocked and used by that class. All weapons and armor are available to all classes. There is no such thing as class-locked weapons or class-locked armor. It does not exist in this game.

Raisin, I actual do know what class is. Each of these classes has a sub-class, which is base on the build set up you are going to be using for the character class. Base on the class build, for an example: Stamina Dragonknight build-pve, the way you build that class build, via instructions. Therefore by following the instructions, class-locked weapons and class-locked armor are done by the players, not by ESO.

Any gold weapon of the same level and type as another gold weapon will have the same damage. There are no unique weapons that have more damage than others on their own -- the only difference may come from traits and sets.

There is no such thing as a 'class level'. Are you sure you're even playing the right game...?

ESO has a weapon color rating as well as armor color rating. For the Weapons, base on its color, each weapon has a different attack damage. For an example: white is 1037, while blue has 1108 damage. Those two numbers of attack damage is base on Champion Point Level 160 weapons.

No Class level? Really? Dragonknight CP 810. Hmm. Dragonknight is the class, while CP 810 is the level.

You still think I don't know stuff about this game?
    You genuinely seem to have no idea what you even want.

I know exactly what I want. It is something that you and others wouldn't even do at all in ESO.
    Players can build to be a Jack-of-all-Trades, using all the weapons, all the attributes, and any armor they want, but that's where the phrase "Jack of all trades, Master of None" comes into play. This sort of build is effective at overland questing, but unless you use specific sets like Pelinal's Aptitude, it's rarely effective at harder content like dungeons or playing a particular role.
    Or players can build to be a Master of a certain playstyle, tailoring their character to suit the content and role they want to play. Usually this means choosing either magicka or stamina, and choosing weapons and armor types accordingly. Most players who do group content wind up with these sorts of builds for tanking, healing, or damage dealing as they are far more effective than Jack of All Trade builds. Damage dealing builds tend to be very effective at overland questing.

So basically, a simple way of putting... Multiple Weapons System, where a single character can have the abilities of multiple characters without the need to switch between the characters. That would be, 2h build, bow build, tank, stamina build, healer, magicka build... That would required, merging of armor sets, combining of fighter-magic guild, and little bit of others, then keeping the same armor weight..
    Roles are nothing but positions. It's the builds that gets you through the battles. I am a Scavanger. I am a Hunter. I am a Warrior. Battle Across Tameriel shall fall.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Players can build to be a Jack-of-all-Trades, using all the weapons, all the attributes, and any armor they want, but that's where the phrase "Jack of all trades, Master of None" comes into play. This sort of build is effective at overland questing, but unless you use specific sets like Pelinal's Aptitude, it's rarely effective at harder content like dungeons or playing a particular role.
    Or players can build to be a Master of a certain playstyle, tailoring their character to suit the content and role they want to play. Usually this means choosing either magicka or stamina, and choosing weapons and armor types accordingly. Most players who do group content wind up with these sorts of builds for tanking, healing, or damage dealing as they are far more effective than Jack of All Trade builds. Damage dealing builds tend to be very effective at overland questing.

So basically, a simple way of putting... Multiple Weapons System, where a single character can have the abilities of multiple characters without the need to switch between the characters. That would be, 2h build, bow build, tank, stamina build, healer, magicka build... That would required, merging of armor sets, combining of fighter-magic guild, and little bit of others, then keeping the same armor weight..

Yep. You can do that on a single character. It'll work fine for questing. Its really just a matter of getting enough skill points and skyshards to fill out all of the skills and passives you want.

There's some hard limitations in the game design, of course. You can only actively fight with 2 weapons at a time. You can only equip 10 skills at one time and 2 ultimates. You can only wear 7 armor pieces and 3 jewelry at one time, but beyond that...

You can totally do a character with an even split of health/magicka/stamina attributes.

You can totally level all the weapon skill lines so you can easily swap between weapon types. Mind you, you can only actively fight with two weapons at one time and you must have the specific weapon equipped to use skills from its skill line. If you try to use a twohanded skill with a staff equipped on that action bar, you'll see that your twohanded skill is greyed out and can't be used. (I've done that.) Still, leveling all the skill lines makes it easy to swap if you want to actually use the weapon skills as opposed to just light/heavy attacking with the different types of weapons.

You can level all the armor skill lines, though some of the passives may only come into effect if you wear 5 or more pieces of the same weight of armor. The askill does require wearing 5 pieces of that weight of armor.

Guild and Class skill lines are the easiest as, once unlocked, its simply a matter of fitting the skills onto your action bars. You can use them at any time.

For what its worth, my main character has most of the available skill lines unlocked. I may play her like a MagDK tank or healer most of the time, but with a little bit of switching her gear, weapons, skills, morphs, attributes, and CP around, she could play pretty much any role I wanted. She could easily fit the "multiple weapons platform" ideal you want.

I wouldn't be surprised if most players have at least one character like that: a character who's got most of the skills unlocked so they can use multiple weapon types or play multiple roles if the player want to.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incidentally, you should know that a "hybrid" build as a commonly used term on the forums can refer to any build that isn't full stamina or full magicka. So both a 50/50 stam/mag and a stam/health/mag build could be called hybrids.

Obviously, you can split up your attributes how you like. For questing, it shouldn't matter.

That being said, when it comes to theorycrafting builds, the main reason that health doesn't get a big emphasis is because outside of a few skills that scale from health, its very rare for players to need to place attributes into health unless they are tanking group content or using those specific skills regularly. If you were doing group content, the main idea is to have enough health to survive a heavy hit from a dungeon or trial boss. That threshold is around 18k health. Most players can get that much from their food buffs and from group buffs. Obviously the threshold is even lower for questing - most of my questing characters sit around 16k health and don't have any issues as long as they have at least one self-healing skill equipped.

So while you are certainly free to split your attributes as you desire, most players find that they don't need attribute points in health in order to survive while questing once they use food buffs and self-healing skills.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    English is my natural language. My posts are disjointed? Things that aren't really related? Hmmm. It is very oblivious that my posts are really related. My posts are related to the ESO game. It is very positive that my posts are not addressing things that most players are more common to discuss.

yes, this one agrees. it is oblivious.

seems like these posts were synthesized by poorly trained generative network.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg, I didn't even realize this thread was still going on. Kudos to those of you who keep responding to this nonsense. It's obvious the OP doesn't speak english well, has really no idea what he's talking about, and more importantly, has absolutely no interest in actually trying to understand or apply anything you tied to teach him as he keeps arguing about everything and anything, insinuates he already knows all about how to do whatever it is he's trying to do, is overly aggressive and demeaning to those trying to help. Really, if it wasn't for the entertainment factor, I'd vote for people to just let this thread die.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously, though, this really seems like an LSTM or GAN -synthesized posting chat bot. Check them out, they are quite fun.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    English is my natural language. My posts are disjointed? Things that aren't really related? Hmmm. It is very oblivious that my posts are really related. My posts are related to the ESO game. It is very positive that my posts are not addressing things that most players are more common to discuss.

yes, this one agrees. it is oblivious.

seems like these posts were synthesized by poorly trained generative network.

You're absolutely right. It's like those AIs they try to train to write books or generate text posts.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit: +825 Max +85 Recovery (Magicka), +825 Max +100 Recovery (Health), +825 Max +85 Recovery (Stamina)

Boosting it up by 20 Magicka, 24 Health, 20 Stamina (Attributes)

Armor set would also boost up Magicka, Health, and Stamina

There is an armor sets in this game that can support that right there. But the armor has to be in heavy style.

You couldn't come up with names of armor sets, that is able to go with what I had said.[/quote]

Didn't realize this was a quiz show, buddy.

If you've got a heavy armor set that does what you want, go for it. I'd appreciate you saying something like "Hey, I've got my sets all figured out and I really like them so I don't need anymore advice about sets." That way we know you don't have any more questions or want suggestions about sets because you are satisfied with what you have.

If you want a non-heavy armor set that only boosts max health, max stamina, and max magicka, you might check out Armor of the Trainee which drops in all three armor weights allowing you to freely mix and match armor weights and jewelry traits, including wearing 5 heavy if that's what you wanted. Note that your armor skill and passives still require a certain amount of armor in a particular weight to he effective.

If you don't, then in the vein of "teach a man to fish, he can feed himself for a lifetime": check out this resource for looking up sets with bonuses in ESO. https://eso-sets.com/

But this ain't a quiz show. No one here is obliged to play "Name That Set!" with you or to figure out exactly which heavy armor set you decided was your favorite.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings all,

After removing a few posts, we must remind everyone that all post should be kept within the guidelines of the rules that we have in place. Having different opinions and debating is completely acceptable. However when doing so, keep it civil and constructive. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 18, 2020 4:47PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DarkLordLegion
    @ZOS TrishM.
    Thank you for what has to be done, in order to keep things in a civil manor.

@everyone else

I have no problem with you all chosen to build a character who uses two weapons, then you all go for another character, which this other character uses two different weapons, and so forth. Also, I do not have any problem with you all doing something like this: Khajiit-NightBlade-Rampage. Another key, I don't have no problem with you all wanting to have a Powerful Character, or I would say, Over Powerful Character, in ESO. Not trying to understand? You preferred more of weapon damage output. Not only that, you preferred a way to prevent your targets from gaining hit on your character. What else, you are more of pointing towards the end-stage of game. That's all fine, if you are into PvP and/or Battlegrounds.

Like I had said, I am going to be doing something different in ESO. If you haven't notice, I split 20/20 for Magicka and Stamina, while 24 is for health. Khajiit is more of fearsome fighter, hence the uses of Stamina, while it is very rare for Khajiit to use mage, aka magicka. Dragonknight is general designed for a tank. The term 'Knight' and 'tank' requires heavy armor set.

-Increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by 362 for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped.
    -Increases your Health Recovery by 4% for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped. You restore 108 Magicka and Stamina when you take damage for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped. This effect can occur once eEvery 4 seconds
    -(WHEN 5 OR MORE PIECES OF HEAVY ARMOR ARE EQUIPPED) Increases the Magicka or Stamina your Heavy Attacks restore by 25%.
    -(WHEN 5 OR MORE PIECES OF HEAVY ARMOR ARE EQUIPPED) Increases your healing received by 8%.

This ESO set thing focus only on two weapons per build set up. When I mention about Multiple Weapons System, this ESO set thing wouldn't fit into the purpose of interchanging between the weapons.
    Bow/Dual wield/2h, 1h and Shield Staff
    Stamina Magicka
    (Weapon Damage) (Spell Damage)
    (Weapon Critical) (Spell Critical)

Here is your hybrid stamina-magicka as well as your multiple characters. Hold on, I can flat say, welcome to Multiple Weapons System. See, a true Hybrid is not base on using both skills from Magicka and Stamina, but it is more about using different style from different builds. I am aware of possibilities that players are using their armor style to match the race of their characters.

I told you all I am looking for heavy armor sets.... ESO set does not cover every armor set nor their weight style, nor does it ever covered every skill that is able to be used in ESO.
    Roles are nothing but positions. It's the builds that gets you through the battles. I am a Scavanger. I am a Hunter. I am a Warrior. Battle Across Tameriel shall fall.

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @DarkLordLegion
    You have been given the most extensive, personalized advice that can be given. No one has in any way ever suggested to you you play something over people like. This entire thread has been people asking you what it is you want, while you can barely answer that question. No one said anything about weapon damage (except for you), pvp, endgame, playing a powerful character or anything. All people have done is give you exactly what you ask for. You are honestly wasting a lot of time focusing on that topic rather than actually reading the advice you've been given.
    I have no idea what 'Khajiit-NightBlade-Rampage' is supposed to mean. And you're still hammering on about "doing something different for ESO". There is no different. It has all been done before. That's just how it is.
    We've also talked about your split attributes a bunch of times now. Which part of that do you need help with, if you've already decided how to split them? What issue are you having? You can play however you want, so Khajiit doesn't have to mean Stamina and Dragonknight doesn't have to mean tank -- and neither knight or tank have to mean heavy armor. Those are all up for each players' own interpretation and you can think of it however you want.

You literally have a dozen people in here telling you that you can have your character use all types of weapons. You can have all the skill lines. You can level all of them. You can use any of the weapons and any of the skills. The only limitation is that you can only have two different ones equipped at the same time, and that you cannot switch them while in combat. This has been said a bunch of times now. Which part is not clear?

Which set are you talking about that you say 'doesn't suit switching between all different weapons'? All of the sets suggested so far were sets focusing equally on the stats related to different weapons. Pelinal's Aptitude for example. What did you say was wrong with that? Was it the lack of health?

The ESO set website you were linked does list every armor set that exists, and it tells you what weight that armor comes in. If that list isn't to your liking, you can use this one: https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets
    For skills, you can use this one: https://eso-skillbook.com/ But to be honest I find it hard to believe that you can't google 'list of eso skills/sets' yourself... since you seem to be very strongly opposed to personalized advice catered to your requests.

Unfortunately the end of your post isn't making any sense again, so I can't comment on it. You quote a list of stats. What is it about those stats? Do you need help with them in any way? Did you want to say something about them?
    What did you want to say about 'hybrid stamina-magicka' and 'multiple characters'? I see no context on how they fit into this at all. Neither of them seemed to be something you are interested in. Did you have questions about them now?
    The community has a definiton of what a hybrid build is. You're free to have your own interpretation, that's fine. I'm not sure how a certain style of armor could fit a specific race of your character, but again, if you want to set those certain limitations to the system for yourself then that's fine.

So far, people have suggested to you sets that come as heavy armor, and that give bonuses related to stam (including recovery, weapon crit and damage, physical penetration), mag (including recovery, spell crit and damage, spell penetration), and health (including recovery and resistances). If that's not what you asked for, please specify why it doesn't work for you.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS TrishM.
    Thank you for what has to be done, in order to keep things in a civil manor.

@everyone else

I have no problem with you all chosen to build a character who uses two weapons, then you all go for another character, which this other character uses two different weapons, and so forth. Also, I do not have any problem with you all doing something like this: Khajiit-NightBlade-Rampage. Another key, I don't have no problem with you all wanting to have a Powerful Character, or I would say, Over Powerful Character, in ESO. Not trying to understand? You preferred more of weapon damage output. Not only that, you preferred a way to prevent your targets from gaining hit on your character. What else, you are more of pointing towards the end-stage of game. That's all fine, if you are into PvP and/or Battlegrounds.

Like I had said, I am going to be doing something different in ESO. If you haven't notice, I split 20/20 for Magicka and Stamina, while 24 is for health. Khajiit is more of fearsome fighter, hence the uses of Stamina, while it is very rare for Khajiit to use mage, aka magicka. Dragonknight is general designed for a tank. The term 'Knight' and 'tank' requires heavy armor set.

-Increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by 362 for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped.
    -Increases your Health Recovery by 4% for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped. You restore 108 Magicka and Stamina when you take damage for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped. This effect can occur once eEvery 4 seconds
    -(WHEN 5 OR MORE PIECES OF HEAVY ARMOR ARE EQUIPPED) Increases the Magicka or Stamina your Heavy Attacks restore by 25%.
    -(WHEN 5 OR MORE PIECES OF HEAVY ARMOR ARE EQUIPPED) Increases your healing received by 8%.

This ESO set thing focus only on two weapons per build set up. When I mention about Multiple Weapons System, this ESO set thing wouldn't fit into the purpose of interchanging between the weapons.
    Bow/Dual wield/2h, 1h and Shield Staff
    Stamina Magicka
    (Weapon Damage) (Spell Damage)
    (Weapon Critical) (Spell Critical)

Here is your hybrid stamina-magicka as well as your multiple characters. Hold on, I can flat say, welcome to Multiple Weapons System. See, a true Hybrid is not base on using both skills from Magicka and Stamina, but it is more about using different style from different builds. I am aware of possibilities that players are using their armor style to match the race of their characters.

I told you all I am looking for heavy armor sets.... ESO set does not cover every armor set nor their weight style, nor does it ever covered every skill that is able to be used in ESO.

ESO Sets do NOT require you to stick to only using two different weapons. Nearly every set drops in every single type of weapon. (The rare exception is stuff like Viper, which procs from a melee attack, which obviously won't ever proc on a bow, so ZOS removed Viper bows.)

You could run nearly any set on your weapons - let's use Trainee as an example.
    You'd have the:
    Bow of the Trainee
    Shield of the Trainee
    (One hand) of the Trainee
    (Twohand) of the Trainee
    (Destro) Staff of the Trainee
    Restoration Staff of the Trainee
    All of those are from the same set, so you could freely swap between the different weapons as you wish while still keeping the benefits of having a certain number of set pieces!

Again, the above is true of pretty much every set in the game

So this:
    "This ESO set thing focus only on two weapons per build set up. When I mention about Multiple Weapons System, this ESO set thing wouldn't fit into the purpose of interchanging between the weapons."

Is just wrong. You absolutely CAN use a set and swap between weapons freely so long as you've acquired all the weapon types from that same set.

Want proof? My MagDK uses a Worm Cult Restoration Staff, Worm Cult Mace&Shield, and a Worm Cult Inferno staff on a regular basis. I can swap between weapon types and still retain the full bonus from the Worm Cult set because my weapons are all from the same set. If I did some grinding for a bow, twohander, or the other types of staves, I could swap between any combo of weapons freely and never lose the full Worm Cult bonus.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no idea what 'Khajiit-NightBlade-Rampage' is supposed to mean.

This may be the only thing here I can usefully interpret. Rampage is the name Alcast uses for his stamina nightblade build.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

This may be the only thing here I can usefully interpret. Rampage is the name Alcast uses for his stamina nightblade build.

I see, thank you. OP does seem really obsessed with Alcast builds for some reason.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit is more of fearsome fighter, hence the uses of Stamina, while it is very rare for Khajiit to use mage, aka magicka. Dragonknight is general designed for a tank. The term 'Knight' and 'tank' requires heavy armor set.

It sounds like you're letting your playstyle be dictated by assumptions about what your chosen race and class "should" be. So here's a question for you - do you want to play a tank? If the answer is yes, great, but if not then think about tailoring your character's build to the way you want to play, rather than feeling forced into something because you're placing unnecessary expectations on what your character should do.

I mean my Khajiit is a magicka nightblade who goes around shanking people wearing mostly stolen commoner's clothes. How's that for being different. :D

kringled_1 wrote: »

I see, thank you. OP does seem really obsessed with Alcast builds for some reason.

This would explain a lot, actually. He seems to think everybody uses the same cookie-cutter builds and doing anything different is crazy talk.

Protip for the Dark Lord: When we talk about sets, we're not talking about full builds posted by Alcast and other guide-makers. When you're assembling pieces for your 5-piece gear sets, you can use any weapon(s) you like, not just the ones listed in Alcast's builds.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, though, this really seems like an LSTM or GAN -synthesized posting chat bot. Check them out, they are quite fun.

What happens if two of them going in one thread I wonder?
    Edited by Beaverton on February 25, 2020 5:56PM
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • DarkLordLegion
    @Raisin
    What's wrong with Pelinal's Aptitude? First, it's medium style armor set. (but I could be wrong) Second, it's lack the health recovery. Third, It lacks both Stamina increase and Magicka increase.

@VaranisArano
    It's not wrong with what I had said, in regards to this --->. "This ESO set thing focus only on two weapons per build set up. When, I mention about Multiple Weapons System, this ESO set thing wouldn't fit into the purpose of interchanging between the weapons." It has nothing to do with the weapons within the same set.

@Ilsabet
    This five item gear set, might be your style or your interest. Also, just cause, majority sees that this five item gear set is more easy way of dealing with Group Dungeon or Trials, due to be able to have room for drops being collected. That's great if you are interested in those things within the endless ESO.

Stamina Dealer............................Tank.................................................Healer..........................Magicka Dealer
    Bow/Dual Wield.........................2h weapon/1h weapon n shield............Restore Staff................Destruction Staff
    .........................Weapons Damage.........................................................................Spell Damage.........
    .......................Weapon Critical.............................................................................Spell Critical.........
    ........................Stamina.........................................................................................Magicka.............................
    ......................................................Khajiit....................................................................................................
    +825 Max +85 Recovery..........................+825 Max +100 Recovery ............................ +825 Max +85 Recovery
    ...............................................................Heavy Armor......................................................................................

Right above ^ has nothing to do with 'Roles' It is about Merging all weapons from different roles into one spot. It is about merging both damage and both critical (if possible) into one spot. Merging stamina and magicka into one spot. IT ALL means MERGING several ESO (single) set into one build. Five piece of Armor will not work with weapons within same set, due to the fact that the weapons wouldn't be able to boost up the armor set.

BASE On Stamina, Health, Magicka. I told you all HEAVY ARMOR. Increase Health, Increase Health Recovery, Restore both Magicka and Stamina.

Necklace + weapon set
    Two Rings + Weapon set
    Helmet + Belt + Weapon set
    FIVE piece Armor set
    Dual Weild (weapon only) set
    1h and shield (weapon only) Set

THAT IS MULTIPLE WEAPON SYSTEM.

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite priest of Sheogorath is back. Exciting!
    @Raisin
    What's wrong with Pelinal's Aptitude? First, it's medium style armor set. (but I could be wrong) Second, it's lack the health recovery. Third, It lacks both Stamina increase and Magicka increase.
    Alright, so Pelinal's Aptitude is a craftable set, which means it comes in all armor weights.
    Now, what does this mean for your preference I'm set bonuses. You want an increase of all maximum stats, plus health recovery, and you don't want an increase in Stam/mag recovery or spell/weapon damage? I'm assuming you know you won't find a set that gives you a bonus to everything, as the whole point is making you choose. Don't forget you have room for more than one set. Why not one set that boosts max stats, them one that boosts recoveries? Or if you're focused on those bonuses specifically, you might want to consider not wearing a full 5-piece-set, foregoing that last bonus, and instead wearing pieces of multiple sets to combine the exact bonuses you want to gain? This seems to be what you're suggesting at the end of your post -- one 5 piece set on the body, and then some bits and pieces of sets on different parts of your setup.
    @VaranisArano
    It's not wrong with what I had said, in regards to this --->. "This ESO set thing focus only on two weapons per build set up. When, I mention about Multiple Weapons System, this ESO set thing wouldn't fit into the purpose of interchanging between the weapons." It has nothing to do with the weapons within the same set.

@Ilsabet
    This five item gear set, might be your style or your interest. Also, just cause, majority sees that this five item gear set is more easy way of dealing with Group Dungeon or Trials, due to be able to have room for drops being collected. That's great if you are interested in those things within the endless ESO.

Stamina Dealer............................Tank.................................................Healer..........................Magicka Dealer
    Bow/Dual Wield.........................2h weapon/1h weapon n shield............Restore Staff................Destruction Staff
    .........................Weapons Damage.........................................................................Spell Damage.........
    .......................Weapon Critical.............................................................................Spell Critical.........
    ........................Stamina.........................................................................................Magicka.............................
    ......................................................Khajiit....................................................................................................
    +825 Max +85 Recovery..........................+825 Max +100 Recovery ............................ +825 Max +85 Recovery
    ...............................................................Heavy Armor......................................................................................

Right above ^ has nothing to do with 'Roles' It is about Merging all weapons from different roles into one spot. It is about merging both damage and both critical (if possible) into one spot. Merging stamina and magicka into one spot. IT ALL means MERGING several ESO (single) set into one build. Five piece of Armor will not work with weapons within same set, due to the fact that the weapons wouldn't be able to boost up the armor set.

BASE On Stamina, Health, Magicka. I told you all HEAVY ARMOR. Increase Health, Increase Health Recovery, Restore both Magicka and Stamina.

Necklace + weapon set
    Two Rings + Weapon set
    Helmet + Belt + Weapon set
    FIVE piece Armor set
    Dual Weild (weapon only) set
    1h and shield (weapon only) Set

THAT IS MULTIPLE WEAPON SYSTEM.

That is an insanely specific combination of set pieces you personally want to run. Not required for anyone else wanting to run multiple weapons, that for sure. My question is: if you know exactly what combination of set pieces you want, and you know exactly what bonuses you want to gain, what has stopped you from looking through the lists you've been shown and making a choice?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wait, what? Using gear sets has nothing to do with having space for drops. I have no idea where you pulled that out from. As has been stated multiple times in this thread, the point of using gear sets is to get the benefit of the bonuses they give. If you want the bonuses, then find a combo of sets (whether full 5-piece sets or partial sets of 2-4 pieces) that give you the bonuses you want. If you don't care about the bonuses, then you don't have to use sets.

I have one gear setup that I use for PvE combat, that consists of two 5-piece sets and a 2-piece monster set. I have another gear setup that I use for sneaking around that combines 3 pieces of one set, 4 pieces of another, and 5 pieces of another. I have another gear setup that I use for PvP combat that combines the PvE monster set with two different 5-pieces sets in impenetrable. I use these combos of sets because they give me beneficial bonuses for different activities that I like to do. I never have issues with inventory space, whether I'm questing or stealing or doing group content, because I've taken the steps to max out my inventory space and I go to the bank when I need to. Well okay that's not true I do sometimes have issues with inventory space, but that's because I'm a hoarder and not because I use gear sets. :D

Five piece of Armor will not work with weapons within same set, due to the fact that the weapons wouldn't be able to boost up the armor set.

You can combine pieces of gear in any configuration. What matters is how many slots of each set are on your person at a given moment.

Let me use my sneak set as an example. There's a lot going on here, but try to stay with me.

I use this set for sneaking around stealing things and doing daily quests in Imperial City without being spotted. It's not designed for combat; it's designed for mobility and staying hidden while in sneak.

5 slots Shadow Dancer - ignore the speed penalty of sneak
    4 slots Darloc Brae - reduce detection radius while sneaking
    3 slots Night Terror - reduce detection radius while sneaking

I chose Shadow Dancer instead of Night Mother's Embrace (which has the same 5-piece bonus) because Shadow Dancer's 2-4 piece bonuses give boosts to magicka, which helps my stamblade use cloak more often. The detection radius bonuses of the other two sets stack, which is nice since I like not being seen.

So here's the layout on my "cloak" bar, which I'm usually on while I'm sneaking so I can spam cloak around NPCs and enemies:

Shadow Dancer - jewels and greatsword
    Darloc Brae - head, shoulders, chest, waist
    Night Terror - hands, legs, feet

It makes absolutely no functional difference what slots I use for each set, with one exception: I chose to get jewels and weapon in Shadow Dancer because it's a light armor set, and if I used body pieces then I wouldn't be able to maximize the sneak bonuses offered by the medium armor skill line. I want my entire body armor to be medium, so that means my 5 Shadow Dancer slots need to be jewels and weapon.

Now here's where it gets really crazy: my "back" bar.

I use a Darloc Brae bow on my other bar. Because I can weapon-swap on the fly, I can temporarily get the benefit of the 5-piece Darloc Brae bonus without having to go into my inventory and change what gear I'm wearing. When I do that, though, this is what my gear configuration looks like:

3 slots Shadow Dancer: jewels
    6 slots Darloc Brae: head, shoulders, chest, waist, bow
    3 slots Night Terror: hands, legs, feet

Combining the weapon with the armor pieces I'm wearing gives me the 5-piece Darloc Brae bonus. This effect gives me some nice resource regen while I'm in sneak, so I use it when I'm getting low on magicka and have a few seconds to just wait somewhere and let it regen. Then I can swap back to my greatsword bar and be off spamming cloak again.

So while it's true on a basic level that you can combine items in any configuration, there are a few considerations when choosing how to distribute your set pieces amongst your available gear slots:

1. Making sure you're getting the armor skill line passives you want, which is relevant when you're mixing sets of different weights (like I did here).
    2. The potential to have different 5-piece sets active on front bar and back bar via weapon-swapping (like I also did here).
    3. Ease and/or cost of farming, crafting, or purchasing specific pieces. For example, crafting and upgrading jewelry is hella expensive, so if I have a choice, I'd rather use jewels from a dropped set and use other slots for a crafted set if I'm using one. For another example, it might be relatively easy to obtain a certain piece from a quest reward (such as the Mother's Sorrow lightning staff from Deshaan or the Briarheart dagger from Wrothgar).
    4. Aesthetic factors, if you care about how things look.

I don't know if any of this will sink in or be useful to you, but I hope I've explained things clearly enough and maybe someone reading this will learn something helpful.

As with all things, though, the most important thing is to know what your goals and purposes are and choose the options that you feel will help you accomplish those purposes.
    Edited by Ilsabet on March 26, 2020 7:09PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • DarkLordLegion

I never left. I have been keeping an eye out on my post that I had started.
    That is an insanely specific combination of set pieces you personally want to run. Not required for anyone else wanting to run multiple weapons, that for sure. My question is: if you know exactly what combination of set pieces you want, and you know exactly what bonuses you want to gain, what has stopped you from looking through the lists you've been shown and making a choice?

Insanely? It is a different option to take.

Three piece armor set (3 lines of bonus) plus a weapon (2 lines of bonus) = 5 lines of bonus. Monster set is two (2 lines of bonus). Basically, 7 lines total. Added Jewelery Set (3 lines of bonus).

5+2+3 = 10 lines of bonus total. Three sets total.

^That above is what most ppl are doing, which also includes of the lines of bonus. Right below is something that is much different then what’s above.

Five piece armor set (5 lines of bonus), two additional of armor pieces (2 lines of bonus). Jewelry set (3 lines of bonus) plus a weapon (2 lines of bonus) is 5 lines of bonus.
    5+2+5 is twelves lines of bonus. That includes only 1 weapon.

That does not include the secondary weapon at all. Two additional of armor pieces (2 lines of bonus) plus a weapon within the same set (2 lines of bonus) is actual 4 lines of bonus.

5+4+5 is fourteen lines of bonus. That includes two weapons. That’s three sets.

5+2+5+2 is still fourteen lines of bonus with the secondary weapon swapping. But with 4 sets.

Ilsabet wrote: »
    Wait, what? Using gear sets has nothing to do with having space for drops. I have no idea where you pulled that out from.

Actual, it does, if you are going to do a series of Group Dungeons or Trails, back to back. Drops in those places are random.
    Let me use my sneak set as an example. There's a lot going on here, but try to stay with me.

Those are items from raiding the Group Dungeons or trials. I do believe that those items are randomly dropped.

1. Making sure you're getting the armor skill line passives you want, which is relevant when you're mixing sets of different weights (like I did here).
    2. The potential to have different 5-piece sets active on front bar and back bar via weapon-swapping (like I also did here).
    3. Ease and/or cost of farming, crafting, or purchasing specific pieces. For example, crafting and upgrading jewelry is hella expensive, so if I have a choice, I'd rather use jewels from a dropped set and use other slots for a crafted set if I'm using one. For another example, it might be relatively easy to obtain a certain piece from a quest reward (such as the Mother's Sorrow lightning staff from Deshaan or the Briarheart dagger from Wrothgar).
    4. Aesthetic factors, if you care about how things look.

1. There is multiple possibles to take within ESO. Weight of the armor plays into how much armor defense you have to use against attacks.
    2. Actual, jewelry set + weapon worth of two item slot is a five piece, then there is 5 piece armor set, two piece armor set + a weapon worth of two item slot is four piece. Take the weapon away from the two piece armor set, you still get a three sets. Here is another catch to what I am talking about. Base on the five item bonus of your five armor set, another different set can add additional same bonus of one of five item bonus of your five armor set. Here is why, bow is two item slot, 2h weapon is two item slot, staffs are two item slot, dual wielding weapons are two item slot, 1h and a shield is two item slot.
    3. BS, cost of farming and crafting is not expensive. In fact it is completely opposite, bosses in ESO respawn after certain amount of time after they been killed by the players. The timer of research of a trait runs when you are on-line, and when you are off-line. Log in daily helps with daily rewards, which can actual save yourself the money of having to pay something from another player. Some of those items from the daily rewards can be transfer over to gem stones, which these items are worth 1 gem stone each. The nodes can be found throughout Tamriel. Once complete whole entire Psijic Order Guild questline, Psijic portal appears throughout Tamriel, which gives you different things, like weapons, armor, runes, and even jewelery. Don’t forget thief’s box is also can be found throughout Tamriel, which can be used to fence off for money. Guild Stores which can be found throughout Tamriel, might have good items to buy from.
    4. If you are referring to Motifs or I would say custom appearance.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re #3
    I don't think you read Ilsabet's example very carefully.

If you wanna upgrade a crafted piece of jewelry to purple or gold quality, it actually is hella expensive for most players. I sell zircon plating for 25k each, so unless you are rolling in the platings or make plenty of gold to buy it, its a pretty hefty investment for players to upgrade crafted jewelry. YMMV based on your pocketbook.

As a matter of practicality, I generally prefer to craft my weapons if I'm using a crafted set simply because its easier than dealing with the RNG from farming a BOP set.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I never left. I have been keeping an eye out on my post that I had started.

Insanely? It is a different option to take.

Three piece armor set (3 lines of bonus) plus a weapon (2 lines of bonus) = 5 lines of bonus. Monster set is two (2 lines of bonus). Basically, 7 lines total. Added Jewelery Set (3 lines of bonus).

5+2+3 = 10 lines of bonus total. Three sets total.

^That above is what most ppl are doing, which also includes of the lines of bonus. Right below is something that is much different then what’s above.

You forgot two body pieces in that equasion. It you wanna talk about the generic, popular endgame setups, people don't run around with anything that's not part of a set. They go 5-5-2 on one bar, 5-3-2-2 on the other bar (replacing bonus 4 and 5 of one set with a two piece weapon set), 5-5-1-1 (monster helmet and shoulder from different monster sets), or they use variations of 3-piece sets such as Willpower and drop monster set bonuses or others. Either way, the result is always 12 lines of bonus because that is the maximum you can have at a time. But if you think "most people" are only using 10 set bonuses, you are very far off.
    Five piece armor set (5 lines of bonus), two additional of armor pieces (2 lines of bonus). Jewelry set (3 lines of bonus) plus a weapon (2 lines of bonus) is 5 lines of bonus.
    5+2+5 is twelves lines of bonus. That includes only 1 weapon.

That does not include the secondary weapon at all. Two additional of armor pieces (2 lines of bonus) plus a weapon within the same set (2 lines of bonus) is actual 4 lines of bonus.

5+4+5 is fourteen lines of bonus. That includes two weapons. That’s three sets.

5+2+5+2 is still fourteen lines of bonus with the secondary weapon swapping. But with 4 sets.

If you want to look at it that way, that's fine. Your sets from the offbar only count when you are on that bar - so whether you want to count it as 12 or 14 really depends on your perspective. Either way, it's a shame you didn't end up making a point about something at the end of this. I did suggest you mix and match set bonuses to suit your needs. You don't ever need to use a full 5-set if those bonuses aren't good for you. As long as the end result is 12 per bar, you are making the most of things.

Did you end up finding sets now?
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys (especially you @VaranisArano ) have the patience of saints
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait, what? Using gear sets has nothing to do with having space for drops. I have no idea where you pulled that out from.

Actual, it does, if you are going to do a series of Group Dungeons or Trails, back to back. Drops in those places are random.

I mean... that's what the bank and NPC vendors and decon stations are for. Most dungeon and trial groups will take breaks for inventory management in between runs, and some people will have banker and merchant assistants that everyone can use to make it easier. It still has nothing to do with whether you wear gear sets or not. You can still use gear sets even if you never set foot in a group dungeon or trial.

Those are items from raiding the Group Dungeons or trials. I do believe that those items are randomly dropped.

All three of those sets are overland drops that anyone can farm or buy on guild traders. Shadow Dancer comes from Greenshade, Darloc Brae comes from Northern Elsweyr, and Night Terror comes from Stormhaven.

Yes, drops will be random, but that's something you have to contend with for any set that isn't crafted. For sets that aren't bind-on-pickup, you can get around that by shopping rather than farming, but you still have to do a certain amount of legwork to get exactly what you want.

This is part of what goes into my point #3 about ease and/or cost of obtaining items. If I decide I want to use a certain set, whether it comes from an overland zone or a trial, I then have to go about doing the necessary activities to find the pieces from that set that I want. That can be more or less difficult for certain sets or certain items, which is why it's often smart to strategize about which items you're going to use from each set. You may also rule out a certain set because you don't want to do the necessary activity to obtain it (like you have apparently decided never to do group dungeons or trials for gear, which means you'll never be able to use, for example, Burning Spellweave or Vicious Ophidian) or because it's too expensive to buy (which may not be a problem for you since you have plenty of ways to make money, but it may be an issue for other players).

At the very least, if I have a choice, I'm going to choose the most cost-effective and least time-and-effort-intensive way to go about things.

As an example of strategizing based on activities preferences: Let's say I have a stamina DPS character and I want to increase my damage output by increasing penetration in my build. There's a trials set called Two-Fanged Snake that will do that, but if I don't want to do trials, then I can use the Spriggan's set from Bangkorai as an alternative.

As an example of strategizing based on cost: Let's say I want to use Mother's Sorrow (an overland dropped set from Deshaan) and Julianos (a crafted set) for a magicka DPS. Mother's Sorrow staves tend to be expensive, so I'll just craft the staves in Julianos. Purple Mother's Sorrow jewelry is expensive compared to other sets, but upgrading crafted jewelry is even more expensive, so I'll do the jewels in Mother's Sorrow and either farm dolmens or eat the cost of buying the jewels. Then I'll probably just farm up two random (not head or shoulders) body pieces of Mother's Sorrow and fill in the gaps with three more body pieces of Julianos.

Keep in mind that those points #1-4 weren't telling you what to do about anything. They're areas to think about given the variables that are relevant to you in any given case. Some of them might not even be relevant at all, like if you're not mixing armor weights or if you don't care about getting different set bonuses via weapon-swapping. But if any of them are relevant, thinking about them can help you set your gear up more effectively.

To echo Raisin's questions: What gear set(s) are you leaning toward? Is there anything preventing you from putting together a gear setup that will work for you?
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • DarkLordLegion
    It you wanna talk about the generic, popular endgame setups, people don't run around with anything that's not part of a set.
    “I'm assuming you know you won't find a set that gives you a bonus to everything, as the whole point is making you choose. “

1. There is a huge difference, between a SINGLE ESO set and finding another way to do things.

Since, this ESO set, Worm’s Cut, has been brought up. That ESO set, has a final line item, which reduces the Magicka Abilities for the user, plus whoever is in the group as well. It is what is on top of the fifth line, that I am more going for.

2. I do not have to make a gear set up, in order to join a guild, nor a gear set up to join Group Dungeons or Trails.

3. I do not need to have a ‘role’, in order to play ESO.

if you're focused on those bonuses specifically, you might want to consider not wearing a full 5-piece-set, foregoing that last bonus, and instead wearing pieces of multiple sets to combine the exact bonuses you want to gain? This seems to be what you're suggesting at the end of your post -- one 5 piece set on the body, and then some bits and pieces of sets on different parts of your setup.
    You want an increase of all maximum stats, plus health recovery, and you don't want an increase in Stam/mag recovery or spell/weapon damage? I'm assuming you know you won't find a set that gives you a bonus to everything, as the whole point is making you choose.

I am not talking about a single set.

But if you think "most people" are only using 10 set bonuses, you are very far off.

That’s the point of multiple possibilities. There is NO CORRECT way to play ESO.

Re #3
    I don't think you read Ilsabet's example very carefully.

Actual, I did read it very carefully. These Nodes that are appearing all over ESO, are endless, they will re-spawn at random time frame. That’s also includes the Psijic Order Porta that will randomly appeared.

All three of those sets are overland drops that anyone can farm or buy on guild traders. Shadow Dancer comes from Greenshade, Darloc Brae comes from Northern Elsweyr, and Night Terror comes from Stormhaven.

I don’t pay any attention to what is being dropped, since I scrap almost everything that I can grab.
    This is part of what goes into my point #3 about ease and/or cost of obtaining items. If I decide I want to use a certain set, whether it comes from an overland zone or a trial, I then have to go about doing the necessary activities to find the pieces from that set that I want. That can be more or less difficult for certain sets or certain items, which is why it's often smart to strategize about which items you're going to use from each set. You may also rule out a certain set because you don't want to do the necessary activity to obtain it (like you have apparently decided never to do group dungeons or trials for gear, which means you'll never be able to use, for example, Burning Spellweave or Vicious Ophidian) or because it's too expensive to buy (which may not be a problem for you since you have plenty of ways to make money, but it may be an issue for other players).

You right, I won’t be using them, since they are light armor set up and medium armor set up. But that is not going to stop me from going after targets. Also, just because I know ways to make money, does not mean I don’t know ways to use for money sinkholes.
    Keep in mind that those points #1-4 weren't telling you what to do about anything. They're areas to think about given the variables that are relevant to you in any given case. Some of them might not even be relevant at all, like if you're not mixing armor weights or if you don't care about getting different set bonuses via weapon-swapping. But if any of them are relevant, thinking about them can help you set your gear up more effectively.

Armor weight does play a part, but there is no single way of using the weight into your favor. One direction would be have the ability of rushing through everything. Another would be ability to spam the heck out of the skills related to both Stamina and Magicka. Same as going for the weapons, there is no single way of using the weapons into your favor.
    To echo Raisin's questions: What gear set(s) are you leaning toward? Is there anything preventing you from putting together a gear setup that will work for you?

Why are you guys so eager to know if I got the gears or not? I am just going to say this. I didn’t join ESO or get ESO for the purpose of Group Dungeons or even Trials.

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why are you guys so eager to know if I got the gears or not? I am just going to say this. I didn’t join ESO or get ESO for the purpose of Group Dungeons or even Trials.

Okay neat. We're asking if you've gotten your gear figured out because if you don't need advice anymore then we can stop wasting our time trying to explain things to you.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • DarkLordLegion
    Skorro wrote: »
    They are not the only one who has patience.
    Okay neat. We're asking if you've gotten your gear figured out because if you don't need advice anymore then we can stop wasting our time trying to explain things to you.

Ilsabet and others, if you really think that. Well, you can for yourself stop replying anything you want. I will continue to post something about ESO, when it comes to INFORMATION that comes to my mind. Like Zenimax or Bethesda had once said. "PLAY THE WAY YOU LIKE."

On the subject of Monster Set, there are more information about it, which none of you had brought up.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skorro wrote: »
    They are not the only one who has patience.

Ilsabet and others, if you really think that. Well, you can for yourself stop replying anything you want. I will continue to post something about ESO, when it comes to INFORMATION that comes to my mind. Like Zenimax or Bethesda had once said. "PLAY THE WAY YOU LIKE."

On the subject of Monster Set, there are more information about it, which none of you had brought up.

So you are just posting info as you learn it and don't actually need any advice/help at all? You've got your build figured out and are now just posting as you learn about the game?

Okay, cool. Good to know.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Please let us know if you prefer to just be directed to more exhaustive sources of information so you can do your own reading. No sense in us duplicating what's already easily available with a google search, like: https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Monster_Helm_Sets
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Monster+Helm+Sets
    And the search bar on these forums.

Good luck!
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shout-out to the kind souls trying to help this person out. I was going to have a go, but seeing as he doesn't seem to understand ESO fully/ or does not understand how to ask questions it would be hard. Kudos to you all helping!

I am sure you will get there eventually. (I will keep watching for the entertainment value)

OP lighten up. You are not asking your questions fully, and with all the correct information.
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
This discussion has been closed.