The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Bash weaving is annoying

Jodynn
Jodynn
✭✭✭✭✭
I bash weave, it's extra DPS, but it's annoying to do and would rather not do it and have the added DPS else where, like.. Light Attacks..
Jodynn PC NA
PvE and PvP MagDK
The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.

Bash weaving is annoying 207 votes

Yes
71%
Cireousne.ga.kurai_ESOGilvothdarthgummibear_ESOBowserInklingsGlassHalfFullitsfatbasskypranb14_ESOBerek_BloodfangxaraanGlantirKayshaSporvanNirntrotterLetho2469AelorinSarousseAltyrannCyberOnEso 149 votes
No
14%
Rikumaruliningtonsweldingb16_ESOidkAhPook_Is_HereInaMoonlightkollege14a5SorisgootdudeSleep724ku5hBananaPhantomOcelotLiquidPonyTrinotopsExtinct_Solo_PlayerGC0amir412Fur_like_snowMickeyDivineFirstYOLO 29 votes
Yes but I like the added DPS
4%
jonathanb16_ESOFoxicsusmitdsDrdeath20NevascaNyassaVSupremeRissolecheifsoapPetrKerosinOlej 9 votes
Yes but I like the added DPS but if it was put else where I would prefer this
9%
KiramekuStillianC0L0SSUSDankstaLadyNalcaryaThannazzarLascellyecruZippy81WrathOfInnosnotyuuMarteeneXologamerBeamsForDemaciaprice101610Alchimiste1Ivysaur342EifleberCharon_on_VacationNorqo 20 votes
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The single worst ESO mechanic at the moment. It's just cancerous. No one seems to grasp that these changes are just transitioning us to a meta where bash weaving will be enforced, rather than just an extra bit of DPS on the top.
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    stupidest action ever, total gimmick built from bad code
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Light attack weaving is great. Bash weaving is not. Imo, Bash should scale from Max Health.

It should be possible to bash weave but amount in almost no extra damage for a DPS build to use. That way it is unnecessary. This is how it used to be.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. People can debate light/heavy attack weaving all day, but at least ZOS is making that less required to be competitive for the people who refuse to do it. That is comprimise. While the proposed ideas aren't great, they're on the right track.

Bash weaving does not feel intuitive, especially for console players since you have to block cutting off your stamina regen. I hate that end game mag dps parses use it so often, just shows how much more complicated mag rotations can be, setting a stupidly high standard that most people won't be able to reach.

Nerf the damage, keep it for sword and shield.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on April 4, 2020 7:42PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Bash weaving being good only on stamina is not balanced, make bash dealing damage only when you successfully interrupt someone with it.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I dare to vote no, for me, they're all awful and take something valuable away from the game, in terms of feels, not mechanics.
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I dare to vote no, for me, they're all awful and take something valuable away from the game, in terms of feels, not mechanics.

So your messing up the poll results for no real reason.. No means yes?

There was no question about light/heavy attacks. It's simply "Bash weaving is annoying". Yes or no.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

There was no question about light/heavy attacks. It's simply "Bash weaving is annoying". Yes or no.

No, i said no cause I would be happier without weaving, ani cancelling or bash - idgaf. Clear enough? :)
    Edited by InaMoonlight on April 4, 2020 9:41PM
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    haelgaan wrote: »
    stupidest action ever, total gimmick built from bad code

Just like LA weaving. Literally all the same arguments apply.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

No, i said no cause I would be happier without weaving, ani cancelling or bash - idgaf. Clear enough? :)

That wasn't the poll's question, clear enough?

Edit: Oh wait, foolish of me, ydgaf. I understand now.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on April 5, 2020 2:08AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but I like the added DPS but if it was put else where I would prefer this
    I can bash weave really well, but I absolutely hate doing it. The fact that I can squeeze out an extra ~2.5k dps on a parse just bashing is incredibly dumb and if they're really worried about "high apm", they'll make bash do zero damage.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    id much rather have a good power slam skill :s
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I answered no mostly because OP seems to have purposely biased the poll by suggesting a buff to LAs in light of Zos wanting to nerf LAs. It seems so blatant. Regardless of actual intent, it is a poll worthy of being ignored by Zos as a result.
  • Trashasaurus
    Trashasaurus
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    All weaving is annoying. It's annoying that it's been in the game for so long, it's annoying that it's become a requirement for success in end-game content PVE or PVP, and it's annoying that ZOS is now--6 years later--addressing it instead of at the beginning.
    Edited by Trashasaurus on April 5, 2020 4:32AM
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but I like the added DPS
    Maybe they wouldn't feel so terrible if the game actually worked. Nothing better than trying to add in more actions while my skills aren't working
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Because I don't bother to do it
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

That wasn't the poll's question, clear enough?

Edit: Oh wait, foolish of me, ydgaf. I understand now.

All forgiven ;):p

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes sense in a way. Extra key presses and resource usage for more DPS. You could forgo this "annoying" mechanic and do slightly less DPS, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's the same with anything else in life - the more you put into it, the more you get out of it. I'm tired of people wanting everything for nothing.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Unless people alter their keybinds, bash weaving will contribute to (or exacerbate) carpal tunnel syndrome and nerve issues for many, many players
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I hate that bash weaving gives so much DPS.

I mean, whacking them with my staff adds as much DPS as setting them on fire? Really?
    Playing since beta...
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Alucardo wrote: »
    It makes sense in a way. Extra key presses and resource usage for more DPS. You could forgo this "annoying" mechanic and do slightly less DPS, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's the same with anything else in life - the more you put into it, the more you get out of it. I'm tired of people wanting everything for nothing.

The issue is, under the proposed changes, bash-weaving goes from an extra thing for "a little more DPS", and becomes a central, required weave in your rotation.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Learn how to play this game instead of asking nerds for everything ffs
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Imma out myself for the complete hypocrite that I am (I fully utilize and support LA weaving...) and argue that bash weaving shouldn't be considered a valid way to play the game. Shouldn't bashing be exhausting? It's absurd that in this game you can pretty much bash indefinitely as a stam character (in the PTS I cannot spend my stam down enough quickly enough to ever run out with the new regen buffs) and get a sht ton of damage from it. Since they're pushing hard for off balance it would make more sense for bashing to do no damage at all but instead set an enemy off balance.

It's such a stupid mechanic. And yeah, part of it is that I'm too lazy or worn out or whatever to repeat the process of learning LA weaving again for bash weaving, especially since I main a magicka DD and tend to stay out of bash range of enemies anyway.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I hate bash weaving.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Imma out myself for the complete hypocrite that I am (I fully utilize and support LA weaving...) and argue that bash weaving shouldn't be considered a valid way to play the game. Shouldn't bashing be exhausting? It's absurd that in this game you can pretty much bash indefinitely as a stam character (in the PTS I cannot spend my stam down enough quickly enough to ever run out with the new regen buffs) and get a sht ton of damage from it. Since they're pushing hard for off balance it would make more sense for bashing to do no damage at all but instead set an enemy off balance.

It's such a stupid mechanic. And yeah, part of it is that I'm too lazy or worn out or whatever to repeat the process of learning LA weaving again for bash weaving, especially since I main a magicka DD and tend to stay out of bash range of enemies anyway.

To be fair, 2 inputs that follow a delay per second (light -> skill -> delay) is much easier to do than 3 inputs with no delay(light - skill - bash). There is almost a wave like rhythm for light attack weaving, where as adding bash weaving into the mix makes for constant button pressing. For controller players with 4 inputs, this is even more unintuitive.

I know it feels hypocritcal, but it shouldn't because of how much added pressure this adds to a rotation. Not to mention the other cons of bash weaving that light attack weaving doesn't have.
    • Stamina cost.
    • Melee range.
    • Aready has a primary function of interupting a target.
    • Does more damage than a light attack on pts which feels counter intuitive.
    • Console/controller players do not have a dedicated button for bash, it's attached to block + light attack, cutting off stamina regeneration and slowing down movement speed every second. This also equates to 4 inputs/second instead of 2 inputs/second for just dps.
    Console players have enough trouble to deal with having 0 add-ons to help them with buff/debuff timers and 0 boss mechanic notifcations. The nerf/buff to light attacks just pushes end game dps into bash weaving while hurting lower dps. The changes increase APM. It's sad enough that mag/ranged dps are forced into melee range for stacking and minor force (barbed trap), couple that with requiring bash weaving and the dps gap has now become larger than it ever was before.

Even if you don't agree with light attack weaving, the direction ZOS is taking is to offer reliable alternatives, while decreasing the potency and necessity of light attack weaving. The current itteration of changes fails to meet that in a multitude of ways, bash weaving is one of their oversights.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on April 5, 2020 9:46PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Please remove bash weaving
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's very annoying and wont remain such a staple for dps. Anyone who read their reasoning for the changes and think ZOS will allow bashwaving to remain so relevant for dps are being extremely short sided with why these changes were proposed and or using bash weaving as a reason to scare others agreeing with their dislike for the changes.

There is no way bash weaving stays as effective as it is. Dont fall for that nonsense.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

The issue is, under the proposed changes, bash-weaving goes from an extra thing for "a little more DPS", and becomes a central, required weave in your rotation.

When you put it like that, I consider it a fair complaint. In its current form you do get a little extra DPS, but it's not the end of the world if you don't want to weave. If it becomes a "must-have" mechanic then I can understand people's grievances for sure.
  • Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I like LA weaving. Bash weaving, though... bleh. I really hope it doesn't become required.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean it's just 5k dps
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.