The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Dealing with the five stages of grief for the upcoming Light Attack nerf

• Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    For those of us who have played this game for a while, we somehow managed to make it, and do well, before Zos buffed LAs to where it is now. If Zos nerfs LAs and buffs Medium to HAs we will somehow be able to play this game well just like we did before.

I am not suggesting what we are testing is the best idea. I do prefer the one Code suggested over what Zos has setup for testing. I have linked it below.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/517845/how-the-la-ha-changes-fail-to-fulfill-zoss-stated-goals-and-what-could-be-done-instead/p1

I was wondering.... If light attacks restore more resources... If we still light attack weave does that mean we won't have to wear a sustain set or any Regen enchants/traits?

If you're decent at weaving, you'll end up over sustaining which causes another chunk of dps loss.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    The OP points out some valid points aobut why LA changes are up the pipeline for release. However, the LA damage loss to it's proposed decrease is too great. HA were the intuitive mechanic to recovery resources. There is a reason why every web browser is built the same - it's because it promotes the continutity of user familiarity. This is very important even in today's MMO UI world and established game mechanics. Players will certainly adapt but review the history of the game, it's forced several players to adapt to the standardization of the combat mechanics.

The LA/HA changes does address valid concerns on the broad spectrum of the game, however, it's also infringing upon the continuity of user familiarity. Also. How will these changes effect the CP future changes. Will there be a massive down-scaling across the board again where 50k+ parses will than be myths? This would be something I'd be interested in hearing from the ZOS combat team. What's the projection models for the CP changes mentioned last year.
  • rustle911
    rustle911
    ✭✭✭
    So for starters, I don’t accept the OP’s premise that there is grieving over the LA nerfs. Universally speaking anyone who’s played this game for a year isn’t going to think “there’s no way they’d do that”. We all got perfectly familiar with “yes way they’d do that” with the Elsweyr patch. Anyone who remembers the Morrowind expansion will come to realize that ZoS will do whatever they please regardless of feedback.

At this point the only thing that will come from these changes for me is apathy. A year and half ago we were promised performance improvements and game fixes. There was a change in leadership and what we got instead was a year of “balancing” that has done anything but. Now that the performance improvements have started, we are finding that those are also anything but as the game is experiencing more lag, more screen freezes, more glitches, more bugs, and more game breaking experiences than before.

If the goal here is to reduce the player base and accomplishable content by reducing damage outputs and allowing experience breaking performance to continue, then I believe that these changes, and the ones that I believe will follow to deal with the bash weave alternative will do just that.

This will not however lead me to grieve. That ship sailed long ago, instead it will just continue to reduce my level of caring to nothing. Rather than be angry, I will be meh. “ZoS is gonna do what ZoS is gonna do”. The last patch made tanking clunky and unwieldy and made blocking unreliable, so I don’t tank. From the little I’ve done on PTS, the changes will do the same to dps.

I can’t be bothered to care anymore. I refuse to emotionally invest in a game where the developers make large sweeping changes to a game that they have yet to show any proficiency at playing. And maybe that’s the real motivation here. Maybe the changes are in the hopes that they’ll find a way to close the gap between themselves and the top players. And rather than get off social media for a minute and practice, they’ve decided to just try another nerf.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They rly need to do something about the tank/heavy meta in pvp before these LA/HA atk changes comes out.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who saw this?

"We’d like to emphasize the possibility of these changes never actually going into the game – we are simply testing and gathering feedback right now."

And given the current feedback, it just WON'T make it to live in its current form. Simple.

Keep giving feedback though, that helps. I have to to say that seeing you guys Romeo and Juliette over all of this is pretty entertaining.

They say that, but I believe it's a fool's hope to be honest. They seem invested in these changes. But I hope I'm wrong and you're right and that I am pleasantly surprised to see these changes go by the wayside.

Because there are just much better ways to close the skill gap between light attack weavers and none light attack weavers than this. It feels clunky as hell trying to get my resources back by spamming light attacks and these new changes shun nearly every play style that doesn't revolve around maintaining a consistent light attack in their rotations. I honestly don't see how any tank or healer could support these changes. It's awful and I'm not a fan.