The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

If ZOS kept the idea of Veteran Zones for Chapters

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Would it have been more popular to the veteran playerbase over the years if ZOS retained the idea of higher difficulty Veteran Zones, and made Chapters more difficult leveled than the Base Game?
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos would not be wise to limit chapters in this manner. It is obviously intended to sell as many copies as they can and it likely brings in new players due to the advertising.

So it would be favorable for some long term players but not such a good business idea.
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont find it logical we have like 40 zones that are all the same lvl, at what point do you stop and go how many damn zones does a new player need?
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't be the chapters they are extremely story drive area's that people are excited to explote.

Typically the veteran zone may be in the DLC zone. we saw that murkmire added an arena for more veteran players.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont find it logical we have like 40 zones that are all the same lvl, at what point do you stop and go how many damn zones does a new player need?

Umm, people do not want to play the same content over and over for years. It is why any MMORPG that has been around adds new content. It would be dumb not to.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there are two issues at play:

1. Base difficulty is too low......
    I should not be able to kill anything besides mudcrabs (or other weak enemies) if I have no gear and no champion points. I should fear for my life if I run into three fully armed bandits this way. Currently you can easily solo everything in overland (except world bosses) this way especially with puncturing sweeps or other heals. In the past you had to utilize everything at your disposal to take on Overland content at/above your level.

2. The difficulty of all zones are equalized.....
    All zones have the same difficulty. All enemies using the same attacks deal the same damage. Same everything. Once you clear one delve, you know that you can clear the hundreds left in the game. No risk. Everything is the same, therefore despite the massive amount of content ESO has, it begins to feel..... empty, as if you’ve already experienced those fights. You started playing three days ago but you know you can already defeat everything in all the zones besides those world bosses or group content.

This is why having each zone retain a level range for enemies (how ESO was before One Tamriel) was good. It allowed for the player to play within their difficulty range and also go on to harder Overland content if they felt like it. Or go back to easier content. It was their choice. Choosing is good.

For newer players, having all Overland content be so easy makes even normal dungeons feel very difficult. Overland does not prepare the player at all for dungeons. I remember back when I first started ESO how I used to need all of my skills to win a harder encounter. I even learned light attack weaving through doing Overland content because the damage was needed to play above my level..... I was a first-person POV, roleplaying TES player.

I think Veteran zones would help but truly the issue is with all the zones imo and it has been suggested for years to add Vet zones.

The difficulty is just too low atm. That’s the biggest issue with Overland. Players should be require to use dropped gear (not full sets), weapons, and play tactically on harder encounters. Not this naked Nord fistfighting roleplaying with a few skill casts that we have rn. And then the players that stay get frustrated because they everything they had previously experienced in their gameplay was 100% useless as soon as they enter group content.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I do new overland content I fall asleep so quickly.
    When I first started playing this game and I had to gain XP and skill points and increase my professions and my combat skill lines it was fun.

Now I am telling you, within a minute of overland content I just log off, since PvP is unplayable and I dont need to PvE for new gear, since PvP is unplayable.
    That's how boring is a game that offers no challenge and real sense of achievement.

You completed the X delve!!
    You completed the PathFinder achievement for the new HypeZone!!
    Rly? Who t f cares?

It used to be so much fun turning all the black POI to a map full of white icons. Now I cant be bothered. I dont have a compulsive disorder to finish a new map for some lame cosmetics
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on April 4, 2020 8:14AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I do new overland content I fall asleep fo quickly.
    When I first started playing this game and I had to gain XP and skill points and increase my professions and my combat skill lines it was fun.

Now I am telling you, within a minute of overland content I just log off, since PvP is unplayable and I dont need to PvE for new gear, since PvP is unplayable.
    That's how boring is a game that offers no challenge and real sense of achievement.

You completed the PathFinder achievement for the new HypeZobe!!
    Rly? Who t f cares?

It used to be so much fun turning all the black POI to a map full of white icons. Now I cant be bothered. I dont have a compulsive disorder to finish a new map for some lame cosmetics

^^^^^
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Rly? Who t f cares?

Your fully amped up characters clearly don’t need the skill points and experience a new zone will bring and once you’ve done a few vet dungeons, let alone DLC ones, nothing in overland will be a challenge, barring the odd nuclear option World Boss.

If you’re not into overland, it’s no big deal, there’s plenty of replayable content out there for you that will be a challenge... and if not... go fish elsewhere for a while... no point in staying somewhere you don’t enjoy

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes oh did i say YES , as someone that started playing on release i wouldnt have had the need to play on another platform had they stayed with vet zones over this 1shot trash we have now
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeEEEEESS ! fINALY someone udnerstand ! good thread !

veteran zones pvpve pvevp

open world places where elites that have 1000khp and finaly bos that have 10000khp - world boses walking around world with out sticker on a map !
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you want ESO to run with the same generic, uninspired and frankly extremely boring system that every other mmo under the sun is using. If they did there would be no reason for this game to continue to exist because it would look and be just the same as every other fantasy mmo in system, so it would be plainly a question of whetehr you enjoy this specific reskin of it.

And considering hoe much many of the above players seem to detest simple reskins of stuff I find that supremely ironic

ESO have done something unique with their general, overland/story game play that means that they whole story is accessible to everyone at any time and aI for one love it and hope it stays that way instead of them going back to barring content behind levels.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran zones would lock the lore. ESO exists only because of the lore, so it can't be locked.
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you want ESO to run with the same generic, uninspired and frankly extremely boring system that every other mmo under the sun is using. If they did there would be no reason for this game to continue to exist because it would look and be just the same as every other fantasy mmo in system, so it would be plainly a question of whetehr you enjoy this specific reskin of it.

And considering hoe much many of the above players seem to detest simple reskins of stuff I find that supremely ironic

ESO have done something unique with their general, overland/story game play that means that they whole story is accessible to everyone at any time and aI for one love it and hope it stays that way instead of them going back to barring content behind levels.

This

New content should be available to all.

Be Safe
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, it was already said many times... Just make food/drink or scroll or any other consumable object with:
    - negagitve stats (res pools, reistances etc)
    - overland "Battle spirit" analog with some adjustments ofcuz
    - debufs for period of validity (Major Vulnerability, Fracture, Breach etc)

This will not ruin new player experience over 2000+ quests (lol) and will help to adjust some fun to vet players who tired of repetative content, and want quests to be some challenging too.
    Edited by mocap on April 4, 2020 11:48AM
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great idea but ZOS uses chapters to attract new players

because new age marketing says that if you allready

paid for all the stuff they are selling you are not a respected

customer but just some kind of allready milked dry cow

and brand new fresh player have more income potential =/

i've finished lower craglorn on ~vr 9 and upper crag on ~vr 11 solo

and i really miss those times

i would like to see hard overland but let's not forget

that big part of that "hard" feeling we had was coming from our own inexperience

i mean 5 years ago i had great times soloing world bosses with ugly build and insanely

outdated green quest gear with barely 5k dps

you can't feel same with golden BIS gear, perfected rotations

and multiple flawless vma and dlc VHM in your portfolio

(actually soloing dragons is fun now :D )
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rly? Who t f cares?

I think it's time for you to find another game to play, no disrespect but if you're that board...PvP will not get better despite what the cheerleaders at ZOS say
    ~ Cheers

• Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to play Age of Conan MMORPG.

The zones there had two variants - Normal and Epic, the latter containing everything like the normal, but all enemies were Elites (group enemies). Bosses were a LOT harder, with guaranteed better drops.

You always got a choice when entering a zone.

A system like that would be a welcome addition to ESO. Choice is the keyword here, though.
    Edited by Watchdog on April 5, 2020 12:12PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meet in the middle and have the ability to switch difficulty modes
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I think there are two issues at play:

1. Base difficulty is too low......
    I should not be able to kill anything besides mudcrabs (or other weak enemies) if I have no gear and no champion points. I should fear for my life if I run into three fully armed bandits this way. Currently you can easily solo everything in overland (except world bosses) this way especially with puncturing sweeps or other heals. In the past you had to utilize everything at your disposal to take on Overland content at/above your level.

2. The difficulty of all zones are equalized.....
    All zones have the same difficulty. All enemies using the same attacks deal the same damage. Same everything. Once you clear one delve, you know that you can clear the hundreds left in the game. No risk. Everything is the same, therefore despite the massive amount of content ESO has, it begins to feel..... empty, as if you’ve already experienced those fights. You started playing three days ago but you know you can already defeat everything in all the zones besides those world bosses or group content.

This is why having each zone retain a level range for enemies (how ESO was before One Tamriel) was good. It allowed for the player to play within their difficulty range and also go on to harder Overland content if they felt like it. Or go back to easier content. It was their choice. Choosing is good.

For newer players, having all Overland content be so easy makes even normal dungeons feel very difficult. Overland does not prepare the player at all for dungeons. I remember back when I first started ESO how I used to need all of my skills to win a harder encounter. I even learned light attack weaving through doing Overland content because the damage was needed to play above my level..... I was a first-person POV, roleplaying TES player.

I think Veteran zones would help but truly the issue is with all the zones imo and it has been suggested for years to add Vet zones.

The difficulty is just too low atm. That’s the biggest issue with Overland. Players should be require to use dropped gear (not full sets), weapons, and play tactically on harder encounters. Not this naked Nord fistfighting roleplaying with a few skill casts that we have rn. And then the players that stay get frustrated because they everything they had previously experienced in their gameplay was 100% useless as soon as they enter group content.

This is what would raise the floor without lowering the ceiling.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More empty Craglorn zones?
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Would it have been more popular to the veteran playerbase over the years if ZOS retained the idea of higher difficulty Veteran Zones, and made Chapters more difficult leveled than the Base Game?

Yeah, I wish they would spend less time tinkering with pointless changes to the combat system and instead focus their efforts on creating an optional veteran version of the landscape zones (similar to what they do with dungeons). That way high level characters who are less interested in competing with others on the DPS charts in raids could enjoy a higher degree of challenge when questing/exploring.

But good luck getting this across. I've been asking for this for so long that I gave up on it.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 4, 2020 6:57PM