The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Argonian Templar background that anyone can use (Now with Guild!!)

Iccotak
Iccotak
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
An Argonian Templar background that is free for others to use - join the Vakka
NOTE: This is for RP background use and there is also now a guild called "Scales-of-Sun" if you are interested

Part of the Argonian organization known as “Vakka”, in the dry-skin tongue it is commonly known as “Sun-Scales”.
Remnants from the old civilization, The Vakka are Warrior-Priests dedicated to Atakota - the beginning.

Unlike Shadow-Scales, the Vakka operate on volunteer basis. Taking in orphans or any lost soul looking for purpose.
Upon completion of their training every initiate licks the sap of the Vakka Hist to undergo a transformation. Cleansed in light, they give up their old names and take up the title “Vakka”.
In service they travel the land and eliminate threats to Argonian tribes and the rest of Tamriel.

Updated image
Lanc9dP.png?1

Original Image
2UplbD5.png

Name examples: includes the word "Sun" or "Vakka"
"Sun"
Basks-in-Sun
Sun-on-Scales
Seeks-the-Sun
Sun-Belly

"Vakka"
Vakka-Xu
Vakka-El
Vakka-Ja
Vakk-Lei
Vakka-Ei

Ideas for Appearance: Argonian themed (but do whatever you want)
Outfit: Argonian Motifs
Costumes
Marsh Robes
Marshland-Formal-Bugshell-Robes-Argonian-Male-Close-Front.jpg

Xanmeer Doyens
Xanmeer-Doyens-Worship-Robe-Female-Close-Front.jpg

Treeminder
Tree-Minder-Argonian-Male-Close-Front.jpg

Black Marsh Keeper
Black-marsh-Keeper-Argonian-Male-Close-Front.jpg

Bonding Rite Vestment
Bonding-Rite-Vestment-Argonian-Male-Close-Front.jpg

Skins:
Meridian Purified
Meridian-Purified-Argonian-Male-Front.jpg

Amber Plasm
Amber-Plasm-Skin-Daub-Argonian-Front.jpg

Bright Throat
Bright-Throat-Scale-Argonian-Male-Front.jpg

Mireheart Scale
Mireheart-Scale-Argonian-Male-Front.jpg

Markings:
Bright Throat Chalk (variations)
Bright-Throat-Yolk-Face-Tattoo-Argonian-Male-Front.jpg
Bright-Throat-Yolk-Body-Tattoo-Argonian-Male-Front.jpg

Meridian Sunburst
Meridian-Sunburst-Face-Tattoos-Argonian-Male-Side.jpg
Meridian-Sunburst-Body-Tattoos-Argonian-Male-Front.jpg

Psijic Imprint
Face-Imprint-of-the-Psijic-Order-Argonian-Front.jpg
Body-Imprint-of-the-Psijic-Order-Argonian-Front.jpg

Edited by Iccotak on July 2, 2021 9:32PM
  • Hexvaldr
    Hexvaldr
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome. Does such an organization exist in lore or is this your invention? It is interesting to me, especially because I have an Argonian named "Shkovaka" who wears that same skin!
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Azmarul
    Azmarul wrote: »
    This is awesome. Does such an organization exist in lore or is this your invention? It is interesting to me, especially because I have an Argonian named "Shkovaka" who wears that same skin!

It is an invention based on existing lore
    "Vakka" and "sun-scale" can be found in old Argonian lore. The Sun is prominent in old Argonian civilization.
    With that I assume there is an antithesis, of sorts, to the "Shadow-Scale" organization that existed at some point in Argonian History.

edited to remove incorrect lore
    Edited by Iccotak on December 29, 2020 2:33AM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    updated image in OP
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    Might the new Mireheart Scale skin be an appropriate option? It's green scales with glowing yellow eyes and veins.
    Molag's balls!
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might the new Mireheart Scale skin be an appropriate option? It's green scales with glowing yellow eyes and veins.

it can be added to the list
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome.

The character that I've currently got the most achievements on is an Argonian Templar. Not sure yet if I will use this idea but it's very inspiring.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Post was updated with more accurate lore.

Sun-Scales are dedicated to Atak, brother and antithesis to Sithis.

Sithis (otherwise known as Kota) is void and change

Atak (or Anu) is light, stasis, and order.

Not only is this change more accurate to the lore but it also provides are stronger thematic contrast to Shadowscales.

Edited by Iccotak on July 2, 2021 10:27AM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    well several people in the past have been asking me if their was a guild for this - so I decided to go ahead and make it.

the Guild is called "Scales-of-Sun" - members are called Vakka-Eix or "Sun-Scales" in the common tongue.
    The guild is just starting out but it'll be for Roleplay & PvE.

it can be found under Ebonheart Pact but alliance does not matter - just that you have an Argonian Templar

Roleplay can be "roleplay sessions" with dice and/or acting in character while doing content. Whatever you are comfortable with.
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    Traditionally adventuring parties have members of many skillsets and backgrounds, even if they are serving the purpose of the same organisation represented by prominent party members.

Are only templars allowed? Surely they would have auxiliaries and associates to fill in their skill gaps, feed intelligence to the temple, and serve other logistical needs. No organisation built to last can manage by being 100% ideologically pure in their associations, their networks, and their recruitment.
    Molag's balls!
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Traditionally adventuring parties have members of many skillsets and backgrounds, even if they are serving the purpose of the same organisation represented by prominent party members.

Are only templars allowed? Surely they would have auxiliaries and associates to fill in their skill gaps, feed intelligence to the temple, and serve other logistical needs. No organisation built to last can manage by being 100% ideologically pure in their associations, their networks, and their recruitment.

1. I did say it was a niche
    2. Think of it like a traditional organization of paladins