Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lilmothiit possibly alive north of Murkmire, according to ....

SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I just read this, from this article in the news section: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55055

"Q: I've heard you're rather knowledgeable regarding the Murkmire region of Black Marsh, so I'd like to know where the Lilmothiit are! Or, at least, if there's anything leftover since they supposedly lived in that region? - Ta’asi

"A: Ah, the answer to your question is sad-sad! Our vulpine neighbors the Lilmothiit had been in decline for many of their generations, the closest clans having withdrawn from the coastal areas inland toward the city of Blackrose, just north of Murkmire. Alas, the Knahaten Flu, so dreadful for dryskins, struck the Fox-Folk with near-total lethality. No one I’ve spoken to in Murkmire has seen a living Lilmothiit for many swims."

Near-total lethality, not total lethality. Migrated north of Murkmire.
It seems to be a clue to a future DLC where we might see a living Lilmothiit (maybe). The phrase "near-total" is the most interesting part of that, in my mind.
Discuss.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds promising. Let's see...
    A lot of players really want to know the story of Lilmothiit. A lot already had been said on Argonians. A lot of Argonian lands are saved for future. So, Lilmothiit could be a real catch for a DLC or chapter. Not in the nearest future, of course. But still, there's hope.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay my question bore fruitful answers!
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • KefkaGestahl
    KefkaGestahl
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like that's just leaving them an "out". They have no plans to use the Lilmothiit, but they don't want to officially say they're all dead in the event that they change their mind. If they wanted to do anything with them, Murkmire would have been the time, since Lilmoth and Blackrose were originally theirs.
  • lady
    lady
    Soul Shriven
    This is a topic I’ve been intrigued about for a while now, while we all know that the Knahaten Flu began 20 years prior to ESO events, it’s often forgotten that the plague lasted for over 40 years.

The flu didn’t kill everything in a year or two, it took decades. Victims died ‘quickly’ but not quick enough as according to the timeline we are right in the middle of the flu outbreak.

What do you all think about this information?
    (Reminder that ESO year starts at 2E 582)

“The plague began in Stormhold in 2E 560, and quickly spread to every corner of Black Marsh, killing all those not of reptilian stock. For over forty years it held the Province in its grip, decimating entire cultures (notably, the Kothringi) “
    Pocket Guide to the Empire Third Edition – Black Marsh

https://esooutfitideas.wordpress.com/2018/01/18/knahaten-flu-lasted-40-years-how-the-eso-races-of-lilmothiit-kothringi-fit-into-our-timeline/
    Edited by lady on October 26, 2018 10:57AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like that's just leaving them an "out". They have no plans to use the Lilmothiit, but they don't want to officially say they're all dead in the event that they change their mind. If they wanted to do anything with them, Murkmire would have been the time, since Lilmoth and Blackrose were originally theirs.
    I agree. It's just leaving the option open for them to add some story about the last living Lilmothiit, or something, at a later date. Still, it's intriguing and I hope they do exactly that. It would be pretty cool.
  • lillfox
    lillfox
    ✭✭
    There are little vague clues all over Murkmire of the past Lilmothiit culture.
    The most obvious are the fox faces on the doors to Blackrose :)

I am still hopeful
    =^-.-^=
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillfox wrote: »

I am still hopeful

Unfortunately the Lilmothiit are basically the same status as the Dwemer. They used to be here, they're talked about, but will never be seen again cause the world needs to keep some mysterious things to remain mysterious.

As much as it pains me, here's a good reason to keep the Limothiit gone. Players will want them to be a playable Race. Now, that'd be completely fine in a Singleplayer game, cause the Player is a solitary character in the game world. One Lilmothiit running around the world being a Hero is justifiable, especially after a serious plague that caused an extinction event. But in an MMO? Suddenly there's hundreds or thousands of supposedly extinct Fox people running around being the Vestige? Lore isn't just broken, it's violated.

The utmost best case scenario we could hope for, is if one, or a handful of isolated Liilmothiit, possibly "the last Tribe", is seen in game as NPC's with their own Questline, hidden deep in the Black Marsh.

Edited by ArchMikem on March 28, 2020 1:22AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ArchMikem false — Lilmothiit are totally acceptable in an MMO, while hundreds or thousands might “play” that particular race, it doesn’t mean that it would be canonized in that way at a later date or (god forbid) they come up with a justifiable or even creative way to introduce them. And it’s not “supposedly extinct“ but near extinct, not the same thing. And furthermore, until there is a proper demographically census done, maybe a player base of a few thousand players would be extremely low

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on May 12, 2020 6:21PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Dwemers are gone.... but 1 was in TES III Morrowind (NPC).
    - Snow Elves (Falmers) are also gone... but 1 was in TES V Skyrim (NPC).
    - Dragons were supposedly gone / extinct too.... but They were back in TES V Skyrim & ESO Elsweyr chapter & Dragonhold DLC...

Nothing is truly gone for good in Elder Scrolls universe....

So we wight see Lilmothiit at some point.

As for the world building in a game, ESO stays more or less faithful to the lore (aside from Argonian & Wood elf racial passives that is). So I could imagine there could be a problem with adding fox-people as a playable race. Just like adding Dremora could cause some problems.

But I can see a simple walk-around for that.... a "one" race character limit per account. So there will be some of them, but not too many.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope we get them in the game as it would be an awesome addition!!!
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Aristocles22
    Aristocles22
    ✭✭✭
    We don't get to play as every race in the game, or every variety of every race. We can't play as Reachmen, most varieties of Khajiit, the Naga variant of Argonians (and any other which are different from the standard),or as Maormer. Introducing the Lilmothiit wouldn't make people want to play as them, at least, no more so than people who want to play as those other unplayable races.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to play lilimothi and sea elves really badly. I find about 50% of elder scrolls races stereotypical and boring as hell Bethesda did a real number on them after Morrowind making them all way more generic and boring during the oblivion and Skyrim era. Eso was the nail in the coffin for many races like wood elves, Breton’s, orcs, and redguard getting more in depth and interesting lore instead of stereotypical charictures of races we’ve seen in other fantasy games.
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm really hoping eso has some living Lilmothiit :'( its such a shame that endangered races like this get no coverage in favor of Argonians
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm really hoping eso has some living Lilmothiit :'( its such a shame that endangered races like this get no coverage in favor of Argonians

Oh, stop. We can do both. 🙄
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    lillfox wrote: »

I am still hopeful

Unfortunately the Lilmothiit are basically the same status as the Dwemer. They used to be here, they're talked about, but will never be seen again cause the world needs to keep some mysterious things to remain mysterious.

As much as it pains me, here's a good reason to keep the Limothiit gone. Players will want them to be a playable Race. Now, that'd be completely fine in a Singleplayer game, cause the Player is a solitary character in the game world. One Lilmothiit running around the world being a Hero is justifiable, especially after a serious plague that caused an extinction event. But in an MMO? Suddenly there's hundreds or thousands of supposedly extinct Fox people running around being the Vestige? Lore isn't just broken, it's violated.

The utmost best case scenario we could hope for, is if one, or a handful of isolated Liilmothiit, possibly "the last Tribe", is seen in game as NPC's with their own Questline, hidden deep in the Black Marsh.

No woulndt be violated
    Lore wise you're character is the only vestige
    All other dont existe lore wise.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank Todd they are all dead in the current timeline. TES could have gone down an entirely different path had they put fox people in the game and I am glad they didn't. Whatever Argonian or hist tree caused the plague should be immortalized as the savior of Nirn.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • JaClawsa
    JaClawsa
    Soul Shriven
    they could add the option of having lilmoth features in the character appearance menu or make it a purchasable race similsr to purchasable classes such as the necro or warden.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome, but im not sure ZOS will move forward with the a rare/obscure race such as the lilmothiit in a dlc zone or any content for that matter. Keep in mind the Imga and centars are also obscure and inhabit valenwood along side the bosmer. But the only thing we have on the Imga and the centars across all TES games in addition to ESO is little bits of info from in game lorebooks. So i wouldnt hold my breath. It would be mice though to see it. I have said for a while ESO is certianly the place for Bethesda/zenimax as a whole, to flesh out obscure and rare lore and other zones from in game lore. I would love to see akavir, and pynodea, play as or see other races outside of the traditional 10 races. There is precedent for it, ESO has the maomer and the aylieds in game, that never happened before ESO as i understand it. Granted they were just high elves rendered different colors until the southern elswyr dlc. But it was still exciting to see nonetheless.
  • Hollyniss
    Hollyniss
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to play as a Lilmothiit. I love the beast races because they are the most fantasy feeling and they look really cool. Plus we have feline and reptilian/amphibian races so it'd be cool to have a canine variant (werewolves don't count.)
  • Hollyniss
    Hollyniss
    ✭✭✭
    We don't get to play as every race in the game, or every variety of every race. We can't play as Reachmen, most varieties of Khajiit, the Naga variant of Argonians (and any other which are different from the standard),or as Maormer. Introducing the Lilmothiit wouldn't make people want to play as them, at least, no more so than people who want to play as those other unplayable races.

Speaking of the different variety of Khajiit and Argonian, I still don't understand why they don't broaden the character creation to allow us to play the different variants (bipedal variants.)