Lilmothiit possibly alive north of Murkmire, according to ....

SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I just read this, from this article in the news section: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55055

"Q: I've heard you're rather knowledgeable regarding the Murkmire region of Black Marsh, so I'd like to know where the Lilmothiit are! Or, at least, if there's anything leftover since they supposedly lived in that region? - Ta’asi

"A: Ah, the answer to your question is sad-sad! Our vulpine neighbors the Lilmothiit had been in decline for many of their generations, the closest clans having withdrawn from the coastal areas inland toward the city of Blackrose, just north of Murkmire. Alas, the Knahaten Flu, so dreadful for dryskins, struck the Fox-Folk with near-total lethality. No one I’ve spoken to in Murkmire has seen a living Lilmothiit for many swims."

Near-total lethality, not total lethality. Migrated north of Murkmire.
It seems to be a clue to a future DLC where we might see a living Lilmothiit (maybe). The phrase "near-total" is the most interesting part of that, in my mind.
Discuss.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds promising. Let's see...
    A lot of players really want to know the story of Lilmothiit. A lot already had been said on Argonians. A lot of Argonian lands are saved for future. So, Lilmothiit could be a real catch for a DLC or chapter. Not in the nearest future, of course. But still, there's hope.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay my question bore fruitful answers!
    "Best" healer PC/NA
    My characters
    Khajiits
    Ta'asi -- Stamina Templar
    Ta'joeri -- Tank Warden
    Ta'varri -- Tank Nightblade
    Ta'ezri -- Stamina Dragonknight

Bretons
    Ysrett -- Healer Templar
    Cheyren -- Healer Warden
    Alleyo -- Healer Nightblade
    Myreszs -- Healer Sorcerer
    Jyvekk -- Healer Dragonknight

Others
    Falio -- Tank Sorcerer
    Theophanaea -- Tank Necromancer
    Visthaltsei -- Healer Necromancer
  • KefkaGestahl
    KefkaGestahl
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like that's just leaving them an "out". They have no plans to use the Lilmothiit, but they don't want to officially say they're all dead in the event that they change their mind. If they wanted to do anything with them, Murkmire would have been the time, since Lilmoth and Blackrose were originally theirs.
  • lady
    lady
    Soul Shriven
    This is a topic I’ve been intrigued about for a while now, while we all know that the Knahaten Flu began 20 years prior to ESO events, it’s often forgotten that the plague lasted for over 40 years.

The flu didn’t kill everything in a year or two, it took decades. Victims died ‘quickly’ but not quick enough as according to the timeline we are right in the middle of the flu outbreak.

What do you all think about this information?
    (Reminder that ESO year starts at 2E 582)

“The plague began in Stormhold in 2E 560, and quickly spread to every corner of Black Marsh, killing all those not of reptilian stock. For over forty years it held the Province in its grip, decimating entire cultures (notably, the Kothringi) “
    Pocket Guide to the Empire Third Edition – Black Marsh

https://esooutfitideas.wordpress.com/2018/01/18/knahaten-flu-lasted-40-years-how-the-eso-races-of-lilmothiit-kothringi-fit-into-our-timeline/
    Edited by lady on October 26, 2018 10:57AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like that's just leaving them an "out". They have no plans to use the Lilmothiit, but they don't want to officially say they're all dead in the event that they change their mind. If they wanted to do anything with them, Murkmire would have been the time, since Lilmoth and Blackrose were originally theirs.
    I agree. It's just leaving the option open for them to add some story about the last living Lilmothiit, or something, at a later date. Still, it's intriguing and I hope they do exactly that. It would be pretty cool.