The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lag and Server performance in Cyrodiil

• antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please @ZOS_GinaBruno add a Cyrodiil performance scroll to the clown store. For 2hrs you get an extra 150% better ping, are immune from disconnects, and skills go off on the press.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I go by the 3 strike rule. If I crash 3X I dont log back in. Last night that came pretty fast. I think I was logged in for less than an hr.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    In about 2 hours last night I had over a dozen crashes and multiple freezes. Guildies in the group had the same issues and it made zero difference whether we had addons installed.

Aren't there laws governing the sale of products that are supposed to work as advertised?
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Karmen
    Karmen
    ✭✭✭
    80ms ping & 100 fps for me.

Without nonstop crashes, would be fine.
    I am Carmen.
    For Bosmers, war is only a sport
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mDR4Rvc.jpg
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is worse! I'm playing right now which is no where near prime time, Cyrodill is pretty much empty and so far I've had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete and restart my whole PC because the game just completely froze up....
    Ad Victoriam!
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to play 5 hours a day in PVP, but .. its just awful. i find myself doing BG's a lot instead but they're so messed up for other reasons it not much better.

Holy *** you can complete a BG game without lag or crashes?!?!?!?!?! HOW???? Where are you from because that's amazing! Just today I've had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete my way out of the game 5 times due to crashes in a BG! I wont even mention Cyrodil past this one sentence because LOL RIP Cyrodil. 1 death in Cyrodil means a guaranteed crash if you try to rez somewhere

Ad Victoriam!
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never played a game that struggles so much with a simple button press.
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update didn’t work?
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is struggling in PVP.

Skills are slow to cast, there's a delay on 'bumps' and break free seems broken apparently.

If I see one more message from admins saying 'removed due to inappropriate language' I'm going to burst.
  • Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    The fight at Glade tonight was hilarious. It was 5 or 6 ep v 8 or 9 ad and the lag was so bad it just looked like a dance competition. We were just circling around each other trying to get our skills to go off and roll dodging. I wish I had recorded it. What a mess lol especially after the crash thing.
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to say, the combat lag is worse than before with Update 25. Video/framerate are definitely better (I can get a steady 60 fps even in Cyro), however skills failing to work not only occur during heavy primetime, but even in a fairly quiet week night now. Ultimates have to be spammed over and over even when in a small scale fight. This is depressing, performance in Cyro is actually going BACKWARD nowadays...
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spent the last half hour+ having one of the most miserable experiences I've had in this game. Three major fights and nothing but lag and abilities not working. It's just the zerg with the most bodies to stand on flags and flip things and wear the other side down.

Disgusting performance.

ZoS, you should be embarrassed to even have pvp open in this state.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least some positive news: they aren't treating this as their already known general performance issues, but as a separate new issue:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6644687#Comment_6644687
  • DjinnAeternam
    DjinnAeternam
    ✭✭✭
    Worst ESO state ever, more ping, more skill lag, more desyncs, less players, less fights.

Almost impossible to break or use CC, use skills, without major descyncs, its all a BIG mess.

GG ZoS you're going to have almost empty servers soon. No players, no need to fix bugs!
  • Steel-256
    Steel-256
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodill is a complete joke. Performance updates for the game are a joke. Its the worst I've ever seen it at. Can't even play it when a battle is happening. Push one skill and maybe three seconds later it will go off but by then your dead. 6 years the game has been out and Cyrodill has yet to get anything remotely close to helping with this *** lag. Whoever is over PvP development needs to open some peoples eyes. This *** is stupid and needs some damn attention. WTF ZOS do something.
    STEEL PURE MAN
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    Tried playing after work today lasted all of 5mins. My ulti will not fire on an opponent yet walk away from the fight 1 press and boom it goes off. Smh

Unplayable not a joke and not exaggerating

Yep... sad to say but I completely agree. I'm going to be taking a break from PvP for a while; go level up some alts and work on writs. That doesn't sound all that interesting so maybe I'll be looking for another way to waste my time.

Hope you can see that the situation is rather dire, ZOS. The lack of communication from you has been noted.
    Ray
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling they moved more things server side which led to the decline. Right after the patch there were people talking about bans.

Likely the people using some sort of cheat engine were caught, and ZoS is leaving it this way so people can’t exploit.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know how many ppl have opened a similar thread but i hope there are thousands. The Lag in Cyrodiil has gotten so worse. Even the most hardcore pvpers ( i consider myself as such) who are almost always in cyro are thinking about or are beginning to stop plying ESO because the lag is so bad. And these guys are almost always eso+ members. Pls ZOS adress this problem before its too late or we have gotten to a point of no return where the hardcore pvp communit is turning towards another game. The lag is so bad especially at peak times, that it literally takes about 1 second before the skill or something is executed. Sometimes you are dead before u see an ability is executed on you. I have the theory that u increased the maximum number of players per map or something but the performance has gotten worse badly since last update or since at some point after midyear mayhem. This is serious, you are scaring away ur most hardcore diehard pvp fans.

PLAYERS OUT!
    AD
    Orc Nightblade - Manndingo
    BretonTemplar - M Mike Adriano
    Nord Dragonknight - Ser-Gregor Clegane
    High elf Sorcerer - Grand Maester Mitch
    Dark elf Nightblade - Gilbert Arenas
    Redguard Dragonknight - Half Man Half Amazing
    Redguard Sorcerer - Uncle Drew
    High Elf Dragonknight - Devon Larrat
    Imperial Warden - Sandor Clegane M
    Nord Necromancer - Tormund Husband to Bears
    High Elf Necromancer - Ana Maria della Salute
    High Elf - Warden - Samuel F Jackson
    Argonian - Templar - Kraken Reptile
    DC
    Argonian Warden - Gustavo Giviria Rivero
    High elf Sorcerer - Jackie Kennedy
    Orc Necromancer - Lucifer Blackstar
    EP
    Redguard Templar - MItch Buchanon
    1250cp
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Immortal Redeemer
    Gryphon Heart
    Flawless Conqueror
    God Slayer
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly wonder sometimes if they just quietly pray for the PvP community (who utilizes largely one zone and still buys the new content to remain competitive, mind you) will just get pissed enough to leave so they don't have to deal with our biggest complaint - performance, in one SINGLE zone of the game. We're too demanding fam. We just want things to work, um work. We ask too much, clearly. :open_mouth:

I am enjoying my little break while work is busy irl, but I do miss the peeps I play with.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Durham it's been broken - but at least back in the first year of Cyro, everyone just froze and you waited for the server to catch up lol, but it was equal, with no false sense that your stuff worked because everyone on all sides just froze in one spot when it happened. This was largely just during emp dethrones though, which is when you expect things to be laggy and wasn't a daily thing. Now it seems like a daily thing, even in small fights.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Organized groups tend to run the same nights because they can lag out a spot and the other factions will crash,
    EP is tuesdays, thursdays.

If you wish to avoid that don't play those nights on Grey host.

the server cannot handle the group oriented buffs / clenses that happen so fast. Zos knows this but cannot do anything about it.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figure it out ZOS. As if removing Ani cancel was the answer. If anything you've sucked every ounce of fun out of ESO
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    At least some positive news: they aren't treating this as their already known general performance issues, but as a separate new issue:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6644687#Comment_6644687

^^
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    As i said many times before, i am willing to pay money if i know this money is getting into the game like servers and stuff. But the money we all pay is just going straight into some bank accounts. The few ppl who actually work there and speak with us here and in the streams dont get much paid either i guess. (We are just all like sheeps...)
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5:30 pm (PC EU 30dayCP Grey Host) -> Guess what?! It's unplayable ;)
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    The time for talk and give you feedback is over. I will just leave the game someday maybe. You let something good die, just because you want to earn money and do almost nothing substantial.
    PC/EU
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    And now finally something changed. Eso is now on google stadia and guess what, this shares server with pc. So finally we get a change and that is a dramatical worsening of the situation, because we now have many many more ppl on the servers! Lately i had a queue for cyrodiil at midnight and that was before midyear mahem event. I had never had this in all my years playing this game. So how about spending some of all that money u get from google stadia on servers. for any company its natural to invest money earned into the own company, so on the own infrastructure. But who do i talk to, why do i say this here. This is spoken into the wind.
    PC/EU
  • Murky_Dregs
    Murky_Dregs
    ✭✭✭
    The lag makes the game practically unplayable during peak times in PVP.

ZOS, you're a content and service provider.

This lag is epic, and worthy of a refund for subscribers.
  • JB_den
    JB_den
    ✭✭✭
    Stuck in cyrodiil. This is an epic joke. I went into alliance locked and once other people came into view, the world would slow down and freeze up. I'd get kicked out. Logged in and now I get an error "check your internet connection", are you freaking kidding me? I can't get back to my main character.