Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO's Performance Improvements Plan"

• agentpixi
    agentpixi
    ✭✭
    Games unplayable on ps4 atm. Skills not working at all.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After crashing and burning on the first day of the Midyear Mayhem and playing it safe and going low pop after the data recovery for the rest of the event, I have finally ventured back to my home campaign Kaalgrontiid. During the last 2 days in Cyrodiil (about 3 hours each) I have experienced horrendous lag and skills not firing at all, especially jabs on my stamplar - I hit the button and she just stands there doing nothing like an idiot - but I can say I have not been disconnected, bluescreened, or crashed AT ALL. People are complaining a lot but I am finally feeling like maybe things are going to get better. Not to say everything is good but at least my expectations have been lowered after the crash. Please don’t disappoint me. I think the latest fix might have helped. It’s only 2 days but I am hopeful for the first time in a long time.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Roon72
    Roon72
    ✭✭
    I have been having 0 problems with the game after the Update. In fact on my Potato PC things look so much better and run so much better, no graphical issues whatsoever, no slowdown as before. However I keep getting these Error Messages when I manually quit the game.
    menzs11oe5ei.jpg
    - Neko means cat.

• TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roon72 wrote: »
    I have been having 0 problems with the game after the Update. In fact on my Potato PC things look so much better and run so much better, no graphical issues whatsoever, no slowdown as before. However I keep getting these Error Messages when I manually quit the game.
    menzs11oe5ei.jpg

Known problem.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/513685/current-known-issues-update-25#latest
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrorstorm has hit us
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels like the performance just got worse from the patch, sure the storage on my pc went from 74 GB to 66 GB, but lagg and fps drops are raging on like never before. *dissapointed*

PC EU
    PvP only
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am not sure if there is any improvement. Play pvp and the campaigns are a bit empty because everyone crashes out every 5 to 15 minutes.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also not sure if there is any improvement.

Loading screen times (zone-to-zone, entering buildings) seem all over the place. Sometimes, it is really short, other times it takes 10s of seconds.

Logging into the game and character load feel about the same to me.

No crashes, though.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • csorciere
    csorciere
    Soul Shriven
    I am a pc gamer here, although this is one game that I play that I use a controller with. The UI *fix* for the scaling created a huge problem for me because I run at a high resolution and never had problems with the UI before. I deactivated Add-ons and everything, but the scaling or magnification that the put on a gamepad user is a major problem. In fact, it becomes an accessibility issue for me because all of the text is too large on my 28 inch 4k monitor. Some people may need large print, I am the opposite of that…it’s still a matter of accessibility and the patch created that accessibility issue for me. I still love ESO, but I cannot play it with a keyboard and mouse. It really seems like those us that use controllers are being penalized even though the game supports controllers. I was not having any UI issues prior to patch, but now the game is rendered intolerable. Currently, I am exploring other options trying to find a way to get my screen to a normal resolution rather than something that feels like the old days of 800x600 *shudders* I would really rather have my 3840x2160 resolution. It is much easier on my eyes.

I realize that @ZOS_GinaBruno said that it was an intentional change and because of the complaints they are considering adding it back later, but we need a more definitive answer and timeline for the realignment or change back. I just renewed my subscription last month and I cannot justify continuing to pay for a game that I cannot play because the screen-sizing/scaling problem that their patch has created for me renders the game unplayable.

I did not see an improvement in load times or any positive change at all with this patch unfortunately. I had high hopes for the patch, but got pushed down and stomped into the mud instead.
  • ZOS_SamL
    ZOS_SamL
    admin
    Hello, everyone! February's update is now live and can be viewed here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56681

1fnb6owafkax.jpg
    Staff Post
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next performance update actually looks promising.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    next: Performance Update Q3 2024...
  • csorciere
    csorciere
    Soul Shriven
    The upcoming updates look fine, but if the UI scaling on gamepad isn't addressed properly, it still is not worth continuing. I have not found a good workaround yet.
  • Toon_Raider
    Toon_Raider
    ✭✭✭
    launcher stuck in updating.

it downloaded the update fine and i could login and play.
    When i logged back in later it wanted to update the launcher and then got stuck on updating.

i have the launcher and game .exe added in firewall and antivirus exclusions, but it does not help.
    i uninstalled the game an tried again but still stuck at launcher update.

i downloaded the launcher again, but it shows the brown background for Elsweyr.
    on the launcher it is trying to update it is showing the new blue launcher.
    why can't the new launcher download correct form the website?

i could play without using the launcher, but as soon as i interact with anything i lose all control.
    the UI disappear and nothing works.
    Going back to PS4 untill the pc works again.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Feels like the performance just got worse from the patch, sure the storage on my pc went from 74 GB to 66 GB, but lagg and fps drops are raging on like never before. *dissapointed*

It is worse and its glitchy like never before. parsing on live servers is nearly impossible.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XBOX NA - come on ZOS the game is unplayable in Cyrodiil. Skills don't go off - you have to press the button at least three times before the skill works. Break free is not working - again have to press buttons a few times before you can break free. I have never seen the game this bad!!!!
  • Long_Distance
    Long_Distance
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god they are going to be working on optimization and stability for non combat pets. I was worried for a moment.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roon72 wrote: »
    menzs11oe5ei.jpg

Yes I have had it three times so far. Pc n.a..
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Harrowstone update has improved things for me in Cyrodiil and fortunately I have not had an increase in crashes or disconnects like the PC players have experienced. Skills still sometimes do not fire and sometimes I cannot bar swap, but it it is not nearly as frequent as before. I still get stuck in combat sometimes.

Others however are still having issues so it may be due to the different variables of physical disc (which I have) versus digital copy, or PS4 Pro (which I have) versus PS4 Slim.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4 pro, digital download, NA
    Overall things do seem to be doing a little better for me. Still crashing but only once per day. Long loading screens are still present as well but not as many. Lag does seem to be a little better. The one change I don’t like is how it is harder to dismount hitting the block button. Still possible but harder to perform.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU

Didnt change anything yet my fps has dropped like crazy since yesterday
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA - Disk
    PvE is mostly fine. Only sometimes skills will not trigger, Framerates seem to be on as well.
    PvP framerates are mostly ok, except in big keep battles. But skills will not trigger half the time and i often have to CC break multiple times in a row.

Also not sure why some of my friends have a 67GB file and i still have an 80GB file?
    Edited by LeHarrt91 on March 16, 2020 12:10AM
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Cleveland521
    Cleveland521
    ✭✭✭
    My night blade skills are horrible in pvp now, when I draw back my bow I just hold it drawn back for 10 seconds before releasing while I just stand there frozen and get killed.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anybody actually believe that there really is any kind of performance improvement plan? So far things have only become much worse. :(
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    Does anybody actually believe that there really is any kind of performance improvement plan?

Yes. This should not be interpreted as an endorsement or statement of approval.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People are actually accusing the other factions of cheating now. Like certain skills used by players will cause the other factions to get the skill lag.

I don’t know if this is true, but even when taking resources by myself the NPCs can give you awful skill lag. So maybe it’s certain cc skills, we already know there is a problem with break free (especially if you’re a stamina toon like me).

Also, why are the NPCs with swords and shields and names like “Honor Guard” able to use spells on me and set me on fire? They are OP.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you revert some stuff from update 25? Yesterday, I noticed the skill delay was gone but terrible ping spikes were back. Could also be because of EU being in quarantine of course.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Pjkills
    Pjkills
    Soul Shriven
    Personally I like the rewards from these crates and looking forward to open some myself :smiley:
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that has to use the /reloadui on a regular basis?

Something new from the last patch?
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually right after a patch game is not in a best shape. Too much stress on servers, to many players coming at the same time to do daily activities after a break. But today right after a patch game is much better then previously. A lot of players in Alinor and still no lag due to this quantity.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.