The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Access Code not arriving/account break-in

Turtilla
Turtilla
✭✭✭
I am writing on behalf of a friend of mine, who used to play under the name of @Arianaya. Recently she's been unable to log onto the website and into the game, with the access codes not arriving to her usual e-mail. She fears her account may have been broken into and e-mail changed. She's submitted a ticket to the support but hasn't heard from them in the last ~24h. Has anyone here ever had a similar problem? Is there hope for her to recover the account? Thanks in advance for all the help :D
PC | EU
@Turtilla | CP2100+
Mains:
Heal/magplar (Dunmer) | Healden (Altmer) | Stamcro (Orc) | Magcro (Khajiit) | DK tank (Argonian) | Sorc tank (Nord)
Clears:
vAA HM (146.4k Harrowstorm) - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM (169.4k Dragonhold, 171.4k Flames of Ambition) - vHoF HM (TTT 214.7k Dragonhold, 208.1k Greymoor, 210.2k Stonethorn, 209.4k Flames of Ambition) - vAS+2 (IR 113.7k Greymoor, 114.4k Greymoor) - vCR+3 (GH 129.5k Greymoor, 129.4k Greymoor, 131.1 Flames of Ambition) - vSS HM (GS 244.1k Flames of Ambition, 245.6k Flames of Ambition) - vKA HM (DB 238.5k Blackwood) - vRG HM - vDSR+1 - vBRP - vDSA - vMA (Flawless Magplar, Magsorc, Magcro) - vVH
Challengers:
vCoS - vRoM - vFH - vBF - vSCP - vFL - vMHK - vMoS - vLoM - vIR - vUG
YouTube channel
Twitch channel
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She likely received an auto-response which she needs to reply to. Beyond that Zos would need to check some things. They cannot just grant access to someone who says it is their account or that would become a great way to hack an account.

@ZOS_BillE may be able to help. Good luck to them.

Of note, people need to be careful and wise with their passwords. Someone needs to gain access to your email to gain access to your game. That means both passwords need to be very different. Also, changing passwords often, especially when a data breach makes the news, it a good policy.

The only person I know who has their ESO account hacked thought their password was a good password because they had used it for years in WoW (and probably their email and more).
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Turtilla

Do you know your friends ticket number?

You can post it in this thread so we can take a look into what is happening.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Turtilla
    Turtilla
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE thanks! My friend didn't save the previous ticket numbers (usually they arrive to your mail address... well, they don't to hers, and that's one of the issues). She submitted a second one now, and this is its number (or what she forwarded to me):

"Your Ticket Has Been Submitted
    Thank you for submitting your ticket. Your reference #:200312-003140"
    Edited by Turtilla on March 12, 2020 8:40PM
    PC | EU
    @Turtilla | CP2100+
    Mains:
    Heal/magplar (Dunmer) | Healden (Altmer) | Stamcro (Orc) | Magcro (Khajiit) | DK tank (Argonian) | Sorc tank (Nord)
    Clears:
    vAA HM (146.4k Harrowstorm) - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM (169.4k Dragonhold, 171.4k Flames of Ambition) - vHoF HM (TTT 214.7k Dragonhold, 208.1k Greymoor, 210.2k Stonethorn, 209.4k Flames of Ambition) - vAS+2 (IR 113.7k Greymoor, 114.4k Greymoor) - vCR+3 (GH 129.5k Greymoor, 129.4k Greymoor, 131.1 Flames of Ambition) - vSS HM (GS 244.1k Flames of Ambition, 245.6k Flames of Ambition) - vKA HM (DB 238.5k Blackwood) - vRG HM - vDSR+1 - vBRP - vDSA - vMA (Flawless Magplar, Magsorc, Magcro) - vVH
    Challengers:
    YouTube channel
    Twitch channel
  • Turtilla
    Turtilla
    ✭✭✭
    She has also noted that to prove her ownership of the account she has the prior receipts, the detail of the card that was used to pay for her ESO+ subscription, etc.
    If the ticket she submitted isn't enough, please tell me how she should proceed about recovering the account, or if it is highly unlikely that she ever will.
    Edited by Turtilla on March 13, 2020 2:03PM
    PC | EU
    @Turtilla | CP2100+
    Mains:
    Clears:
    Challengers:
    YouTube channel
    Twitch channel
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Turtilla

I've sent you a PM with an update regarding your friend's ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post