Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

30 day CP will officially be the only campaign people will play in Greymoor.

• Thedragonlolitucker
    pc eu no cp is almost the same pop as cp pop locked every night
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ishtharo wrote: »
    I always here the trope of spies and giving away scrolls. That doesn't happen very often, and there is no way to stop it. This is the internet, trolls will be trolls and find a way to do so anyway.

And especially in regards to the bleating about "spais", there's not all that many targets, and most of you are derangedly predictable. Say I'm on a blue. Ales is blue, Bruma is red, dclaw, winters and all dclaw rss are red, and bleakers just got taken by 15/20 red siege. When 20 reds show up at Ales farm and then fd, you're not a surprise. No one needed to tell anyone else that's where you were going to end up, half the server's worked it out.

• butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Turn the entire world map into a mega campaign
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭

I would camp and farm starter zone.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xshatox wrote: »

I would camp and farm starter zone.

Which is why it should never happen
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wtf?? It was bad enough dealing with the cross faction guilds trying to manipulate the game, and now they want to take us back to the 24/7 trolling of players swapping factions willy-nilly. Wonderful.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand one thing. If people want freedom to choose alliance with their characters - why don't give this to them but with limitations? I must pay a lot of AP to change home campaign, so there should be one free alliance change for whole campaign and next switches should cost at least 50k AP. It's best solution for both sides of conflict, so why not?
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand one thing. If people want freedom to choose alliance with their characters - why don't give this to them but with limitations? I must pay a lot of AP to change home campaign, so there should be one free alliance change for whole campaign and next switches should cost at least 50k AP. It's best solution for both sides of conflict, so why not?

THis cuts into ZOS' bottom line, so it won't ever happen.
    I agree an alliance change option of some sort is the best option for us, the players, but ZOS has never been into what's bestt for the player, only what's best for their wallet.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there a big community of players that want no faction lock?

If so, why dont they play the no faction lock campaign? Or is that there really isn't as many ppl who want to faction swap as you think?

• x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishtharo wrote: »
    Honestly, faction lock, to begin with, was a terrible idea, and goes against the ethos of One Tamriel "Play the way you want".

I always here the trope of spies and giving away scrolls. That doesn't happen very often, and there is no way to stop it. This is the internet, trolls will be trolls and find a way to do so anyway.

What faction lock does do, is prevent the populations from being evened out by those, like myself, who are just looking for good fights. Having faction loyalty is not a bad thing, I'm EP through and through, but I prefer to get fights.

The only faction lock has been proven to do was kill population numbers on Sotha. Even prime time now, not all factions are locked the majority of the time. This is verifiable, your witch hunt over trolls and spies can't be proven.

Stop acting on "feelings", it's how the state of today's PvP got to where it is now. Act on the numbers, which show faction locks have been bad for the nonCP campaign.

You can't blame any kind of decline in population on the introduction of faction locks because it happened at the same time as performance degrading even further and the massive combat nerfs and shifts back and forth. So many people I know quit after last years fiasco and it was solely due to that. No said "hey,, I'm quitting because of faction locks". No cp is now unlocked and you will see that the population will still remain relatively the same as it was during the lock

Also the argument that people can't switch sides to balance out is just a bunch of BS because if you do that, your one of very few people who do. Before locks people came into campaign, saw half the map was one color and that faction was advancing and they promptly switched to that faction to join the zerg, not the other way around. Only once the map was painted entirely one color did all the AP farmers finally switch factions because there was no more ap to be had on that faction. That's not "balancing the campaign" , that's just farming ap.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bit of a follow-up update to this prediction; I've monitored the new campaigns daily throughout every hour of the day since they came out. All campaigns but Gray host (the new kaal) haven't made it over 2 bars outside of primetime and while in primetime they haven't had more than 1 faction locked at a time. I could easily sway this to claim that I was right but the real conclusion here is that PVP, in general, has gone on a universal decline this patch in all campaigns but non-cp and "standard" are feeling it the most. Gray Host, just like Kaal, is the only campaign with a consistent population, but in reality, nothing has changed that much.

I am sorry this turned into a faction lock V non-faction lock thread. That was not the initial intention. However, a handful of guilds did end up moving to Gray Host due to the change (Hence why AD is now in first at the time of this post) so I was correct on that one... Regardless, the only thing we can do in reality now is to wait and see if ZoS can fix their game.

https://gyazo.com/2800af3b77f76e4c83bd66be14c9eec4
    Edited by Carespanker on February 27, 2020 12:38AM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's going to be hard to make a lot of conclusions about the state of Cyrodiil while the frequency of crashes is so high.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also since it's new patch and new content lot of ppl go for dungeons and try to clear it. Usually after new patch dropping there was lower population. I would w8 like 1-2 weeks (mostly till they fix the crash thingy) before judging
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a follow-up update to this prediction; I've monitored the new campaigns daily throughout every hour of the day since they came out. All campaigns but Gray host (the new kaal) haven't made it over 2 bars outside of primetime and while in primetime they haven't had more than 1 faction locked at a time. I could easily sway this to claim that I was right but the real conclusion here is that PVP, in general, has gone on a universal decline this patch in all campaigns but non-cp and "standard" are feeling it the most. Gray Host, just like Kaal, is the only campaign with a consistent population, but in reality, nothing has changed that much.

I am sorry this turned into a faction lock V non-faction lock thread. That was not the initial intention. However, a handful of guilds did end up moving to Gray Host due to the change (Hence why AD is now in first at the time of this post) so I was correct on that one... Regardless, the only thing we can do in reality now is to wait and see if ZoS can fix their game.

https://gyazo.com/2800af3b77f76e4c83bd66be14c9eec4

Probably mostly from constant crashes. Pvp community has been in decline for sure but we lost a huge load of people overnight... Hard to keep the campaigns filled when you can't even play.
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna bring more PvP for sure but at what cost?
    and More scroll trolling degenerates.
    and More Spies.
    and More siege trollers that turn your siege around.
    and More hammer griefers.
    You don't like the person grinding for emp ? swap to another faction and make their gaming experience like hell.
    Here we go again , thank you ZoS.

If you care about the map and score , if you're a faction loyalist you're gonna be against this end of story.
    If you're not , just go play a BG and don't abuse the campaign being unlocked.

From my opinion unlocking no cp will just take away the competitiveness and joyful experience of winning a campaign.
    What's the point of winning when you can just swap to whatever faction that Is on top?

And then you will get some zerg surfers that get on any faction with the biggest group to get more AP.

It will just bring more toxicity even more than the current state.

honestly they did not even fix the *** hammer exploit that people were getting permbanned for on eu so what did you expect from their failed experiment with faction lock for a second time, watch in a week we will have the people that wanted it removed beg to have it put back
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Never Forget 11-12-19 The Legendary 8
  • thatESOdude
    thatESOdude
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that post certainly backfired already with noCP non lock being still pop locked and occasionally even being more active that locked CP one
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that post certainly backfired already with noCP non lock being still pop locked and occasionally even being more active that locked CP one

Thats EU. NA all campaigns are dead and red.
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    The less locks the better. All it did was lower pvp populations and divide friends.

They should just make it so that you pick one faction for rewards it can still fight on others when the server is dead / one sided

Problem is, unlocking tends to make the server more one sided, not less. We know this. It happened. That's why hardly no one plays on the unlocked server.