Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: March 13 @ 6PM EDT—Dungeon Run with GNARLY_NATE"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
f8c2fffda3ff660f6cadb4b66ede59a6.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "ESO Live: March 13 @ 6PM EDT—Dungeon Run with GNARLY_NATE" blog article.

Tune in to ESO Live this Friday, March 13, as the community team recruits Dungeon Lead Mike Finnigan and Stream Team member GNARLY_NATE for a Harrowstorm dungeon run!
Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on March 11, 2020 2:34PM
Staff Post
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CXBp7uL.gif

(No seriously, looking forward to this.)
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unhallowed Grave =correct dungeon to choose. :p
    Edited by goldenarcher1 on March 11, 2020 4:12PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Question for Mr. Finnigan and the dungeon design team --

Mr. Finnigan, Do you realize a lot of groups just want to rush to the end of a dungeon for their Undaunted Key -- if they even want to do a DLC dungeon at all?
    Many players are even trying to separate DLC dungeons from the Random Queue.
    When can players get a SOLO STORY MODE so we can properly experience the story in a dungeon?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

Mr. Finnigan, Do you realize a lot of groups just want to rush to the end of a dungeon for their Undaunted Key -- if they even want to do a DLC dungeon at all?
    When can players get a SOLO STORY MODE so we can properly experience the story in a dungeon?

What's next? Why not also ask for a "solo story mode" for 12-person trials while you're at it?

It's a MMO. Some content is meant to be experienced with a group. 99% of the game is already designed for casual solo play. The normal mode of these dungeons is easily accessible for casual group play.

As for the Activity Finder, why on earth are you using a tool that places you with random people, each with their own different goal (maybe they're farming for gear, maybe they're getting a skill point on a 10th alt, etc.), when you have a specific goal in mind? Just as I would not use the Activity Finder to run the dungeon for my specific goals such as getting difficult achievements, it makes no sense for you to use it for getting a storytelling experience.

I did a normal-mode run of both dungeons with one other person, where we listened to every line of dialog, explored every nook and cranny, and read every scrap of paper. This is not the sort of thing that the Activity Finder was designed for. Is it really that burdensome to ask in zone or guild chat for one or two people to join you on a slow-paced stop-and-listen-to-every-dialog-choice run? It's a multiplayer game; it's not hard to communicate with other players to find someone who shares your objective.
    Edited by code65536 on March 11, 2020 5:14PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Dusk_Coven we don't have any plans to implement a story mode at this time.
    Hey folks, we don't have any plans for a Story Mode at this time but we have read through all of your suggestions and appreciate the feedback that has been provided in this thread.
    Staff Post
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yawn... two more beautiful, intricate dungeons to ignore...

Been trying for years to find story run guilds, total failure on that front. Even when they say they will it’s a lie, there is always some ignorant lump that just runs ahead or skips the dialogue

Seriously ZOS, why include stories in dungeons if literally nobody pays them any attention!

It’s no wonder so few players are willing to buy dlc dungeons or slog through them with yet another god awful pug or yet another mob of guild hurry bunnies

If it keeps going at this rate you won’t get any more dungeons because there will be no one left playing them. Let’s face it, they are only there now to pad out the release schedule. This half baked attempt to bind them into the years story is another dumb move because we all know full well that when the new/returning players come in for the chapter they will be forced to start there, so ZOS can’t put much of the plot into these dungeons because if they do the zone plot will make no sense!

Edited by Integral1900 on March 11, 2020 6:57PM
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But that would be "hard" and require "effort" to implement. Please enjoy the latest re-skinned mount coming to the Crown Store Soon!
    PC-NA
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    literally nobody

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    As for the Activity Finder, why on earth are you using a tool that places you with random people, each with their own different goal

I didn't say I was using the Activity Finder. You just made up that straw man argument.
    I'm pointing out that people don't even want to do DLCs so the chances of finding someone to help you do one for the story is basically zero. And THEN even if you do find some people, you have to hope they are competent at the mechanics. All this would be a non-issue if we had SOLO dungeons.

I did do story runs with guildies and 100% of the runs some idiot runs ahead to attack mobs, causing them to aggro everyone while someone is trying to talk to the npcs and listen to their dialog. AND that also cancels some of the interesting dialog that even mobs sometimes say, such as in Fang Lair.
    People who've done it before get bored and start blabbing in discord while I'm trying to listen to dialog so I have to shut that off too.

And BOOKS in dungeons. OMG so stupid. Really? You want us to inconvenience the rest of the team while someone reads a BOOK? First timers through the dungeon are lucky if they get to skim it at all rather than just pick it up and add it to Eidetic Memory. IF you have that.
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Books are stupid enough in dungeons but they put them in TRIALS too. Total disconnect from knowing the play patterns of players who want to do trials. I've done raids/ops in SWTOR and FFXIV and they don't plant NPCs trying to say interesting things in there. Because it's ridiculous.

If they want us to experience the story, they need to have a proper SOLO STORY environment to do it in.
    SWTOR has this and it works great for everyone.

More and more it is obvious that ZOS doesn't know how to tell stories. They can't even do basic condition checks properly. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/515999/so-lyris-and-or-my-main-also-has-amnesia
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on March 11, 2020 7:30PM
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnarly who?
    Edited by UrbanMonk on March 11, 2020 7:32PM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did do story runs with guildies and 100% of the runs some idiot runs ahead to attack mobs, causing them to aggro everyone while someone is trying to talk to the npcs and listen to their dialog. AND that also cancels some of the interesting dialog that even mobs sometimes say, such as in Fang Lair.
    So... you found people who clearly didn't understand the point of the exercise? And this is ZOS's fault... how?
    Total disconnect from knowing the play patterns of players who want to do trials. I've done raids/ops in SWTOR and FFXIV and they don't plant NPCs trying to say interesting things in there. Because it's ridiculous.
    No, there's no disconnect. Why? Because they've done a good job of ensuring that the main thrust of the story is communicated clearly even if you don't stop to smell the roses. Sure, if you want more background, more color commentary, etc., you have to stop to listen and read, but the plot of the story is communicated without. Dungeons and trials need stories just like any overland zone, and to suggest that people who enjoy dungeons don't care shows how disconnected you are. No, we're not going to smell the roses every time we run it. But we do appreciate that there is a plot and a reason for us to be there.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sad there will be no story mode for those that are looking for one. Yes, it is an MMO, but some people still play it solo anyway. I think most people that are wanting a story mode would be fine with no drops at all if the mobs could be one shot. The bosses with mechanics could only be shot once and immune until the next mechanic is done to ensure they see and hear the entire story told. The same for trials as well.

I know personally I have done some base dungeons years ago and do not remember the complete story. It would be nice to be able and go back thru some of them and re-experience the story and explore at my own pace.

Plus, I have never seen a trial group to slow down and experience the story they have to offer. Someone always takes off and pulls agro. Can you imagine starting the game now and eventually start to do trials and try to experience the original Craglorn trials. I mean find 11 other people who are willing to let you take your time and explore and listen and read the story. Just seems like a shame for ZOS to write and create such engaging stories and beautiful environments to explore to be walled off from some people.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the ESO Live still going ahead tonight? Given the situation in Maryland, we're not sure if you guys are in the office or working from home.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    Is the ESO Live still going ahead tonight? Given the situation in Maryland, we're not sure if you guys are in the office or working from home.

It is proceeding as planned :)
    Staff Post