The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reporting Players for Harassment

wills43b14_ESO
wills43b14_ESO
✭✭✭
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post, but what is the best way to report players who are harassing and threatening community members? There are players harassing my friends in their stream chat to the point where they're telling them to die and making fun of serious, life-threatening health conditions. It's affecting my friends' ability to enjoy, or even play the game. It might be that stream chatting (I'm assuming/hoping the Twitch account is linked and ZOS can follow that as proof of association) harassment isn't a bannable offense, but it is a serious matter to sexually and emotionally harass community members and still be a part of the community.
Godslayer
Tick Tock Tormentor
Gryphon Heart
Immortal Redeemer
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Report them through the in game option. Respond to the auto-mail-answer and wait.

I reported a group fourteen days ago and haven’t heard other than the auto response. Assuming it isn’t tossed in the bin.....
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean in-game chat? Likely you will need screenshots as proof, which can be attached to the complaint in-game.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone "harass" your friend in-game, they just block them. If someone do that in their stream, they just turn off stream chat or don't stream at all, it's that simple. It is a serious matter to be such a soft, sexually and emotionally insecure snowflake and and still be a part of the toxic community.
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @newtinmpls it was through Twitch chat mainly, but they are a player of the game. I don't expect much will come of it or doubt they can do anything, but it's worth a shot. @MusCanus when people purposefully evade blocks/bans to harass it's pretty serious, especially when it's affecting their health and ability to enjoy a product they paid for. Furthermore, since we are a team, when said member can't enjoy the game or perform when being harassed, it affects our ability to play as well. It's not a trivial issue.
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a twitch person, so I'm not familiar with how that would work.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is, since the harassment is through steam or twitch, ZoS has no control there, since its not their platform, so I dont see them taking any action towards these low human beings.

Its the same if its discord, even though its people from the game, if they "meet" outside the game then its has to be from those platforms where the action needs to be to stop them, ignoring, banning, and so on.
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I could see is if the act was linked to ESO it might be possible to prove, in which case it might sanction disciplinary action. I doubt it will work, but it's possible.

Edit: linked as in linked for Twitch drops
    Edited by wills43b14_ESO on February 22, 2020 8:55AM
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it happen in ZoS official twitch, they probably could take action if they wanted to
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sent out a report. I know there's probably not much ZOS can do, but if there's the slightest chance something can be done I'm going to do my best to destroy cyberbullying.
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it was happening in Twitch chat why don't you report them through Twitch systems and support?
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I did, but they don't really seem to use the account much, so the belief is they'll just create a new one. The loss of an eso acct would probably be more of a punishment - or at least filter them from the community @Royaji.
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty tolerant of most things, but there were significant boundaries crossed that shouldn't be crossed.
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did, but they don't really seem to use the account much, so the belief is they'll just create a new one. The loss of an eso acct would probably be more of a punishment - or at least filter them from the community (snip)

I very much doubt ZOS has legal power and rights to do anything in this case. No matter what kind of lines were crossed, ZOS can't and won't punish someone for their actions on a 3rd party website.

They already have a similar clause for any kind of player agreements achieved through out-of-game means. For ZOS they might as well not exist since they can't be verified.
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the only way I can think there's a reason to is it prevents another person accessing and enjoying the services purchased by ZOS, which (while I'm not exclusively familiar with it) I would bet is a clear breach of TOS.
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    By extension, since we are on a raid team, it affects the entire raid team as well in the same manner. Unless they can verify the Twitch Channel is linked to his Zenimax account I know they can't do anything. But, it's worth a shot if there is a link.
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • Tsukyme
    Tsukyme
    ✭✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »
    If someone "harass" your friend in-game, they just block them. If someone do that in their stream, they just turn off stream chat or don't stream at all, it's that simple. It is a serious matter to be such a soft, sexually and emotionally insecure snowflake and and still be a part of the toxic community.

This Should be everyone life's law
    Its simple like that 100% agree
    "A'tvar where are you?"
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Except when they continuously make new accounts to harass you. Plus, there’s general harassment, then there’s sexual harassment and saying things like “go kill yourself”. Without any deterrent, that sort of behavior becomes commonplace as positive reinforcement takes place. They get a rxn, namely a block, and get a high off of it leading to a repeated offense. It should never be acceptable to utter such garbage and worse (I will not post a full transcript of what happened out of respect for my friends privacy, but believe me when I say “go kill yourself” was the most mild of what was said. These people are even spreading personal information on public media. Why is it acceptable to allow such behavior? Not saying it’s wrong and taking action in that case is about as bad as looking the other way. There’s toxicity and then there’s genuine harassment. What happened here is clearly the latter and this is NOT the first nor last time it will probably happen. Nor is my friend the first victim I know of.
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Except when they continuously make new accounts to harass you. Plus, there’s general harassment, then there’s sexual harassment and saying things like “go kill yourself”. Without any deterrent, that sort of behavior becomes commonplace as positive reinforcement takes place. They get a rxn, namely a block, and get a high off of it leading to a repeated offense.

Well.... it's sorta basic biology.

Corporations inherently do not/will not have "ethics" relating to individuals. Just like multi-celled creatures cannot and will not have "ethics" relating to single cells.

ZoS will not care about policing any scrabbling between players, because players are what they feed on, and don't exist as meaningful entities. Same as any corporate pollution/politics or other side effects. Call it a blind spot, or social physics. Not likely to happen.
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not likely to happen (depending on the reason) is very different from supporting various behaviors. ZOS actually does ban people in PvP for that kind of behavior from what I’m aware of. It relies on player reports, which is expected, but it seems like they do not condone that kind of behavior. That being said, there has to be evidence, which is what we’re trying to determine if there is here (linked accounts).
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer