The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Lightning Wall of Element Nerf

llBlack_Heartll
llBlack_Heartll
✭✭✭✭
Again, the changes to Off Balance are causing some issue, with a direct nerf to the Lightning Wall of Elements, Which is further pushing the gap between Fire and Lightning.

Fire Wall of Elements pretty much has a 100% up time of its bonus, Lightning is looking like (I think) 30% up time.

Pretty disappointing.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That why less healer tend to use woe with light staff, some use poison or fire glyph on inferno for z'en or just use crusher/weakening.
    It's less important now since the uptime is that bad.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, the changes to Off Balance are causing some issue, with a direct nerf to the Lightning Wall of Elements, Which is further pushing the gap between Fire and Lightning.

Fire Wall of Elements pretty much has a 100% up time of its bonus, Lightning is looking like (I think) 30% up time.

Pretty disappointing.

Totally agree here. It's no where near balanced when one special bonus has such an abysmal uptime compared to the other. Of course don't be surprised if zos reads this and nerfs burning instead of rethinking off balance nerf.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the off balance update as saying that all targets now behave like pve bosses currently do on live. It’s a nerf for pvp and for pve adds. For bosses it’s basically no change except for splash damage that they might take from lightning heavy attacks on nearby adds which will have lower off balance up time (if they live for more than 7 seconds).

I’m posting this while eating pizza and admit that I haven’t tested it. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    I read the off balance update as saying that all targets now behave like pve bosses currently do on live. It’s a nerf for pvp and for pve adds. For bosses it’s basically no change except for splash damage that they might take from lightning heavy attacks on nearby adds which will have lower off balance up time (if they live for more than 7 seconds).

I’m posting this while eating pizza and admit that I haven’t tested it. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

You could be right but either way, it still makes fire, which was arguably already the better option, even more so which of course, kills build diversity.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't there already a cooldown for bosses anyways?

Might misremember but it was something like 24 or 30 seconds. EDIT: it's 20 seconds.

With the 7 seconds on and 15 seconds off, it's not a nerf.

The thing is, the off balance status lasted 5 seconds with a 15 second cooldown. It'll now last 7 seconds with a 15 seconds cooldown.

5/20 = 25% uptime IF PERFECT proc.

7/22 = 32% uptime IF procced right after cooldown.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just read your post and yeah it echos pretty much what I posted myself.

If anything, for Trial bosses, it's a buff more than anything.

Definitely a nerf for pvp though.

EDIT: Both my posts are related to PvE boss fights. If you use lightning wall of elements in PvP, you either zerg or are lying on the ground dead (or will be soon enough).
    Edited by CleymenZero on February 17, 2020 10:49PM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Off balance currently lasts 7 seconds on live (Dragonhold). And the cooldown is 15 seconds that starts just when off balance ends. Maximal possible uptime on a boss is 7/22. On PTS it is the same, so no change at all.

They only made players to be subject to off balance cooldown since they weren't before.
    x48rph wrote: »

You could be right but either way, it still makes fire, which was arguably already the better option, even more so which of course, kills build diversity.

Wut are you talking about?
    Frost WoE: used by tanks, used in PvP
    Fire WoE: used by DDs
    Shock WoE: used by healers, used by tanks, used by solo DDs, used by a DD in no-healer runs, used by a DD in portal phases such as Zmaja fight or Nahviintas fight.

Actualy, it's Wall of Fire which is the least diverse :lol: You don't have any reason to use it by a tank or a healer.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on February 18, 2020 7:29AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you make sure everything dies within 7s, then you get 7s/7s = 100% uptime :)
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you know how to kill 100M+ hp bosses instantly, just with your frightening gaze :lol: I will gladly learn from you.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on February 18, 2020 8:08AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you know how to kill 100M+ hp bosses instantly, just with your frightening gaze :lol: I will gladly learn from you.

Lol, I try, but haven’t figured out how to bring bosses down quite that quick. I think bosses already had this immunity mechanic though, it’s just being added to weaker enemies as well, which can realistically be killed in 7-10s. I don’t think the change was necessary, but it won’t be as impactful as it sounds. It’s not really max 7/22=31% uptime, that calculation only applies to long fights, where the change is irrelevant.
  • Nightingale707
    Nightingale707
    ✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »
    That why less healer tend to use woe with light staff, some use poison or fire glyph on inferno for z'en or just use crusher/weakening.

actually, that has nothing to do with it. we still want as high an uptime as possible, especially in groups with stamina DDs.

healers use and inferno staff for Z'en because they are basically parsing and an additional DD instead of a full healer.
    healers that use torugs, will most likely put crusher on one bar and a shock glyph on the other bar (still with wall of shock) and having less shock damage on healers usually means that tanks also need to contribute some sources (enchants, blockade)
    most raidgroups still try to keep 2 lightning blockades on their supports, if that does not happen it is more for reasons of mechanics/strategies
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »

actually, that has nothing to do with it. we still want as high an uptime as possible, especially in groups with stamina DDs.

healers use and inferno staff for Z'en because they are basically parsing and an additional DD instead of a full healer.
    healers that use torugs, will most likely put crusher on one bar and a shock glyph on the other bar (still with wall of shock) and having less shock damage on healers usually means that tanks also need to contribute some sources (enchants, blockade)
    most raidgroups still try to keep 2 lightning blockades on their supports, if that does not happen it is more for reasons of mechanics/strategies

Not saying the opposite, just than it's least important than before if you're not in scoring raid.
    In our group for exemple, the majority is magika DPS, and since the DoT nerf, they don't put enough point in thaumaturge to get exploiter, without this, lightning is a waste cuz we don't care about the tiny concussion uptime for minor vulné since warden and nb got them at 100% uptime with no effort.

Ofc if you've plenty of stam dps, lightning staff + shock is needed.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]