The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is blastbones still dodgeable?

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
Has this been fixed yet?
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the coming changes, it would make sense for it to be dodgeable.

It would make sense for it to not be right now because it's not reliable but if made to be reliable, it should be dodgeable.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It would make sense for it to not be right now because it's not reliable but if made to be reliable, it should be dodgeable.

Delayed burst type of skills (Curse, Shalks, and Backlash) arent meant to be dodgeable and the class relies almost entirely on Blastbone's damage in PVP. Being dodgeable is the major reason why the class is in bad shape currently
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

Delayed burst type of skills (Curse, Shalks, and Backlash) arent meant to be dodgeable and the class relies almost entirely on Blastbone's damage in PVP. Being dodgeable is the major reason why the class is in bad shape currently

Curse - cleanse
    Backlash - cleanse
    Shalks - limited range, and actually is dodgeable if you roll before and has less range, limited to direction player is facing

Really?

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be stupid strong, especially the stamina blastbone. But neither does it make sense to be dodgeable (it is an aoe) and delayed attacks should not be dodgeable anyway.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Curse - cleanse
    Backlash - cleanse
    Shalks - limited range, and actually is dodgeable if you roll before and has less range, limited to direction player is facing

Really?

- Blastbone has 7k hp, you can just one shot the thing with a spammable skill + light attack
    - Doesnt work up/down from walls
    - Doesnt follow cloaked players even if the caster pops a detec potion
    - Can be CCed

People havent played against a properly working Blastbone yet. They'll learn it's weaknesses soon enough
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they'll mostly learn how nazty it can be with a 28m jump, huge dmg, aoe major defile without any cooldown.

ZoS already knows it, they'll "tweak" it with 5.4 or 6.0
    Edited by kalunte on February 12, 2020 4:06PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have a split second longer to react to before it leaps, and stunning it during that time period should neutralize it. That'd be a reasonably difficult counter to pull off, but there would be a counter.
    Edited by Neoauspex on February 12, 2020 4:26PM
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a stun to delay it, costing 1gcd IF you manage to target it, also soaks dmg like any pet would do, which offers defensiv bonuses somehow but well.

they say it's "counterable" and "fair". i cant wait for the release ^^
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    a stun to delay it, costing 1gcd IF you manage to target it, also soaks dmg like any pet would do, which offers defensiv bonuses somehow but well.

they say it's "counterable" and "fair". i cant wait for the release ^^

If Im not mistaken youre playing a squishy gankblade so you shouldnt have any problem one-shotting a 7k HP pet before it even assembles.

Also why is it so unfair to have to spend a GCD to deal with your enemy's main offense? I mean you have to purge to counter Curse or Backlash and you even spend more than one GCD repositioning yourself against Shalks or dodging an attack
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just slot Major Evasion and dont be a vampire. Youre not supposed to counter everything with a single type of defense
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like it as dodgable.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bufwvnimm4ri.png

Yeah just wait to see how fun 53%+ defile is going to be against every stamcro. 1vX is going to be fun if you are not a templar/warden/necro.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not that ZOS follows their own standards, but AOE is supposed to be blocked, not dodged.

Curious, now that it leaps instead of runs, what happens when it leaps through a ground effect CC like Turn Evil? Does it CC mid leap or fly through?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blastbones is a delayed, AOE burst skill, and therefore should not be dodgeable. It can already be blocked, CC'd, LOS'd, and doesn't work properly from differing levels of elevation; we don't need to have an extra counter which is available primarily to Stamina builds. That said, so far as I know it is still very much dodgeable. In fact, with a more reliable and predictable Blastbones, it'll probably be easier for dodge spammers to completely nullify it. That was basically the only benefit of having Blastbones be such a buggy mess for the last 8 or 9 months - sometimes the leap and explosion would surprise both the caster and the target.

Both morphs of Blastbones need their secondary effects changed. The uptime on Stamina's Major Defile will be a big issue in many circumstances, especially since it comes attached to a high damage, ranged burst damage skill (which, frankly, never should have been allowed to begin with). Meanwhile, the Magicka morph is on the other end of the spectrum - the only way it will gain any benefit at all is if the target LOS's the skeleton during the time that it's being assembled, but doesn't manage to completely escape it. In many of those cases, the extra damage is going to be completely meaningless, because the target will have gotten in a relatively safe position, and be able to block/self-heal just fine. In most of those situations, I'd much rather the Blastbones be re-targetable, or even just un-summon itself sooner.

I really don't want to see an underpowered Magicka Necromancer getting gutted because Stamina Necromancer is actually too strong. That happened with my Magicka Warden on multiple different occasions in the past, and it gets pretty irritating.
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why would you be able to dodge it its a aoe if you are in the aoe you get hit
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shalks can be dodged, no reason for blastbones to be undodgeable.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this has the damage of Crystal Frags AND has a coveted source of Major Defile AND it is undodgeable?

Looks like all non-Necros are going to be counting down the minutes until the Greymoor chapter patch puts an end to the reign of undead terror!
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Curse - cleanse
    Backlash - cleanse

Really?

Last I've checked; you can't CC a curse, can cast backlash off/up a keep, can't kill shalks, and can cleanse blastbones status effects.
    I thought Blastbones was AoE.
    I thought AoEs can't be dodged.
    Seems odd that that major/minor evasion reduces damage of blastbones while it's also an exception to the AOE rule standards.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina necro's will be way too strong if nothing changes from the PTS.
  • boomcat
    boomcat
    Stamina necro's will be way too strong if nothing changes from the PTS.

sounds like a no CP stamplar to me.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with Blastbones was always consistency, never power. This skill was crazy strong on the Elsewhere PTS. To balance the skill they destroyed the consistency of the skill, making it very problematic. The current version of blastbones not only fixes the inconsistency problem(which is great), it is also buffing the skill to a point it is actually better now compared to what it was on Elsewhere PTS.

Bones used to have 2 phases, the summon phase and the chase phase, the average hit time for bones(when worked as intended) was around ~4-5 sec(2.5 summon, 1.5-2.5 chase). During that time and especially during the "chase phase", Bones were vulnerable to attacks/CC/surface attacks etc... With the new iteration there is no "chase phase" only the "summon phase", so time to hit is around 2.5-3 sec and it is almost impossible to stop the bone before it leaps on the target.

This skill functions now as a projectile(with leap time instead of flying time) and should be considered as a projectile. It should be dodgable and be negated by projectile defense. The summon duration should increase 3-3.5 sec to be inline with other burst attacks.

So basically in term of mechanism, it should work like "Crystal Blast".

The comparison to shalks is ridiculous, it got 50% of the range, it is dodgable, blockable, and you must face the target in-order to land.

Bones got crazy range and it is target locked, you summon and forget, you summon it while dodging/running away from the target etc..
    Regarding Bones being AOE so they supposed to function under the "you cannot dodge aoe attacks", shalks is a surface attack which is supposed to be unblockable, and as we know, it is.

Edited by Lughlongarm on February 13, 2020 4:07PM
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will make no difference. Won't work in lag. Will be one of those top skills to remove from your bar right away when *** starts not going off.
    Edited by merevie on February 14, 2020 9:03AM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that they're buffing this broken class actually.
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on February 14, 2020 6:42PM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.