The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Please buff nightblade

• wsmith97ub17_ESO
    wsmith97ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I main nb and have done so since game launch.

I will dip into other classes now and again.

Easy win mode is templar and necro both stam and mag.

Only newer players lose to nb these days. Vets smoke them easily.

On my magcro i just ignore them, letting them use their gutted little kit, its a hoot.
    It is the mind, that is the mind, confusing the mind. Do not leave the mind, oh mind, to the mind.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of my recent high MMR games are around this mark (give or take a few hundred thousand).

The damage is there for Magblade but you have to work for it a lot more in my opinion. And most (if not all) of it is single target damage.

I can't come close to the heals though as some of these other classes can. Like the Warden I saw who put up 1.3m damage and 700k heals - just insane.

The truth about NBs...

That and the class feels too set-dependent, unlike the other classes. This is a problem because ZOS keeps nerfing and buffing sets all the time which will eventually lead to a swing in NB being broken OP or being weak over and over again. In fact, this coming patch we might actually see complaints about NBs because of how ZOS has balanced some of these sets.

I'll be sure to brew some tea in preparation for that day...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    Ok, tad confused reading all this in regards to Stamblade. From what I can gather they kinda suck...but then you go and look and find this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvVTAexXKoY

now its not the parse so much but read his comments...….??

That’s a pve parse though. Most of the complaints are about pvp, where dps doesn’t matter and burst and cc are king.

For example; if incap/soul harvest were AoE, surprise attack/swallow soul were aoe and undodgable and stunned, merciless was aoe and you built a stack of merciless every second without light attacking, and there was no delay on anything... that parse number would be exactly the same but I think it would have a big effect on pvp, don’t you?
    Edited by Iskiab on February 4, 2020 6:04PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make stamblade great again :cry:
    PC EU
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taktak wrote: »

pls make penalty on nightblade clock like sorc streak, Casting again within 3 seconds costs 33% more Magicka.

Ok, but let the NB run while cloaked without breaking invis and we have a deal.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Most of my recent high MMR games are around this mark (give or take a few hundred thousand).

The damage is there for Magblade but you have to work for it a lot more in my opinion. And most (if not all) of it is single target damage.

I can't come close to the heals though as some of these other classes can. Like the Warden I saw who put up 1.3m damage and 700k heals - just insane.

The truth about NBs...

That and the class feels too set-dependent, unlike the other classes. This is a problem because ZOS keeps nerfing and buffing sets all the time which will eventually lead to a swing in NB being broken OP or being weak over and over again. In fact, this coming patch we might actually see complaints about NBs because of how ZOS has balanced some of these sets.

NBs are not set-dependants. StamDK is set-dependant and at some point you can fare well with fury + anything (though it is boring).

NBs are not saved even with the best sets in the game because all the options NB have were nerfed long ago. At some point the class had access to 3 sources of Major Exp. Now it is just one and not the best one.

So if you want to build for hit and run, you must slot path... and that feels so wrong because path takes you out from stealth. Do NBs need that? How can you efficiently hit'n run with that?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    @Deathlord92 NB is fine you just need to learn how to play with it

Next you’ll tell me magsorc needs a buff. Try playing other classes, or your own class, well and then start sharing your opinion please.

i played nb in pvp and pve, i can say it completely fine
    any buff for this class will make it broken like before

At what level? I haven’t seen a NB on PC-NA I’d say was competitive in a BG (where you can see performance stats at the end) in over 3 months.

I have a group of friends I play high mmr bg’s with on PC-NA. But...each is doing ~1mil+ dmg on every other class (warden, sorc, templar) while my magblade gets ~800k
    If they run heals at all, they are doing ~600k+ to my only 300-400k

This has shown consistent across many matches & numbers speak for themselves imo.

IMG-8cbe9a3e-13e6-436b-bf58-c4d117f22139.png

To me this just looks like the difference of PC meta vs console meta or PC players vs console players.
    I guarantee, if you’re playing a magblade, my build has more damage potential & is more well rounded than yours. It’s not a matter of building for it, it’s a matter of it being easily mitigated or healed through.
    Edited by kaithuzar on February 4, 2020 11:27PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listen I get it, Nightblades are terrible, and everyone knows it. But do we really need to spam the PTS with this topic over and over? If ZOS doesn't want Nightblades to be competitive then there's nothing we can do about it.

We learned this from Sorcs, seemed to work for them.
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

The truth about NBs...

ANY complaints about nightblade has, & will always be, with stamblade, not magblade.
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • nyarthi
    nyarthi
    My complaint with nightblades is that they have one of the more complex dynamic rotations in the game and you aren't rewarded for the extra work you put into learning them. You can just pick up another class, do a no-brainer, static rotation and out-do the damage of a nightblade. For the complexity and hard work alone, nightblades should be in a better place dps-wise.
  • Wa2p
    Wa2p
    ✭✭✭
    Can we all agree on something? Comparing the 1% of players to 99% isn't fair? If this is the standard, then Stam build parses by Liko:

Stamblade: 88k | Stamsroc: 91k | Stamden: 87k | Stamdk: 87k | Stamplar: 89k | Stamcro: 94k

....Hm..... Not top 3, not the worst by 1k, but I'd say there is a disparity there. Perhaps we should just get everyone to that nice 94k? Because we all know 99% of players in this game will parse that. Saying it's his comments is silly, it looks like he had positive things to day about all the classes. The argument about parses is ridiculous, that shows potential of a very small number of people to achieve. Just stop. Please.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    Anyron wrote: »
    Good old times when nightblade was able to wreck anyone with 3 timed skills.

Right?

You want your opponent defenceless. You wanna gank him without giving them chance to save his life.

Invisibility -> kill -> invisibility. No risk high reward.

You can thank for this tank meta to your belowed gankers. Before stamblade change(the first one) there wasn't need for it. You changed it. Nobody wants to die.

When on my stamblade I use almost no class skills. I went from SA to Silver shards, I went from Killers blade to Executioner, it makes no sense to use the "escape" skills since Shuffle does the same and better. Heals? Nobody uses anything class based, just Vigor and Rally. So please name some CLASS SKILLS which are really good.
    Even on my lowbie underequipped magplar I have better win to loss ratrio than on my main.
    It is not about instakilling. I do not mind if they change the toolkit to work different way than a burst damage. There are ways. But as it is now the class just does not work.

For my stamblade sniper, Leeching Strikes, Relentless Focus, Cloak & Soul Tether, could probably add Shadow Image as well. As for skills that do damage, There's not a lot usable when you're ranged and stamina.
    Edited by Bucky_13 on February 5, 2020 1:03PM