The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hvy armor wearers should move slower on wvw and in pvp.

• Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go by the OP opinion that based on the armor weight it should affect character speed, light armor should be fastest not medium... would that change your opinion?
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    This isn't real life, this is elder Scrolls, where people that learn to use heavy Armor canmove Just as well as light armor users

Even in real life this doesn't really hold water. People assume a platemail suit made you move like a drunk elephant, but it's quite the opposite. If you wore plate your entire life and trained in its mastery, it was actually pretty functional and flexible. A chainmail hauberk weighs more than an entire suit of well-crafted plate, and in most games, chain is considered "medium". Chain was heavier and more cumbersome in many ways than plate, particularly if it was fitted to the user. Not to mention a chain hauberk's weight rested almost entirely on the shoulders, whereas plate was evenly spread across the body.

I remember seeing videos of people doing cartwheels with plate armor to prove this very point. 😁
  • zShepplin
    zShepplin
    ✭✭✭
    No
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unseelie wrote: »
    I still love people stealthing around and picking pockets wearing heavy armor. It is one thing I seriously wish that they would rethink.

Or pickpocketing with sorc pets, lol.