Maintenance for the week of October 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 3, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
Battlegrounds roles -- Healer, Tank, DD?
Edit: Upon further research, it turns out the premise for this thread is wrong. One does NOT queue for a specific role in BGs the way one does in dungeons. Sorry for the confusion!
Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 3, 2020 6:05AM
I've never been to the BGs, so I just realized that one queues for BGs the same way one does for dungeons, i.e. in the role of healer, tank, or DD. Assuming true PUG queueing rather than pre-mades (as will be required in the future if the PTS changes go live), what do those roles boil down to in BGs. Some comments in the thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/510107/pvp-healer-discussion-builds-strats-positioning#latest
hint at that, but people are trying to stamp out the discussion there because it's a bit of a subject hijack, so I'm starting a new thread on the topic here.
My GUESSES start:
- Healers need to worry a lot more about personal survival than in dungeons, so they have to build for that at the expense of other capabilities.
- Emergency healing is a (much) bigger deal in BGs than in dungeons.
- Everybody needs resources in PvP. Shards are still great in BGs if you have a templar (and Luminous ones are better). Orbs are probably controversial because they're great in theory but often too slow in practice.
- Elemental Drain/Siphon Spirit are nice-to-haves in BGs, the prevalence of purges and/or stamina DPS notwithstanding.
- Like in dungeons, Combat Prayer is a nice-to-have, with the buffs being even less valuable than in dungeons but the heal more so.
- Taunts are useless in BGs, an occasional (and quickly nerfed) niche build perhaps excepted.
- Chains are nice-to-have but not central to the tanking role.
- Tanks cast Fears and debuffs a lot so that teammates don't have to.
- Mobility is more important for everybody than in dungeons.
- Defile is a much bigger deal than in dungeons (duh).
- Breach/Fracture, Weakening, Crushing, Maim etc. are nice-to-haves, but less central than in single-boss dungeon fights.
How am I doing? What are some of the many other things I'm overlooking?