The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Concerns about vampire changes, share yours.

• ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts have been removed as they violate our policy on bashing and baiting.
    Staff Post
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    theyancey wrote: »
    I'm just afraid that my vamp will be turned into just as much of a disaster as my necro which I abandoned at lvl 41 because the class sucked so much.

Wut. Necro is still very strong in pvp, it has pestilent colossus and, um, yeah, that's about it.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vampires look good as they are now. They look ghostly, undead, and horrifying, as they should be. Looks realistic and logical. I don't want a vampire to look beautiful. They have dead bodies, cold blood, and suffer. They can't look sunny and warm.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    vampires look good as they are now. They look ghostly, undead, and horrifying, as they should be. Looks realistic and logical. I don't want a vampire to look beautiful. They have dead bodies, cold blood, and suffer. They can't look sunny and warm.

Likewise! I don't think anyone here wants vampires to look beautiful. As it was revealed, vampires will get more ugly the more powerful they are. Which is good, right?

I'm personally really excited for this change.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

Likewise! I don't think anyone here wants vampires to look beautiful. As it was revealed, vampires will get more ugly the more powerful they are. Which is good, right?

I'd rather they make vampires look like stage one does now when well fed but reverse the vampirism so you must be well fed to be most powerful. I'd prefer that over having to look like a sith lord when well fed.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im not looking forward to feeding 17 Vampires. Im glad the skill line was reworked but feeding before content runs is going to be time consuming or expensive. I guess we'll see where this goes.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    Im not looking forward to feeding 17 Vampires. Im glad the skill line was reworked but feeding before content runs is going to be time consuming or expensive. I guess we'll see where this goes.

I'm unaware of what content requires 17 characters to be at their very best at all times. Please elaborate?

Also another solution for you would be to just not play vampire, right? If it's that much of an annoyance.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd rather they make vampires look like stage one does now when well fed but reverse the vampirism so you must be well fed to be most powerful. I'd prefer that over having to look like a sith lord when well fed.

Im hoping that by more ugly when we're well fed they mean something akin to how vampires in Skyrim look. A final stage vampire looks quite spooky.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm unaware of what content requires 17 characters to be at their very best at all times. Please elaborate?

Also another solution for you would be to just not play vampire, right? If it's that much of an annoyance.

I run lot of difficult content, and im only speculating one issue. We'll have to see how it is on the PTS. I enjoy playing as a Vampire, and although, yes, I can very well cure it, i'd like to still be effective with it.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The impending cost increase of double bloody mara lol
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am assuming they are going to make Vampires closer to Werewolves in terms of being a choice. Instead of "Stamina Sorc - with 10% extra regen" - You will be - Stamina Sorc - Vampire build. It will probably eat into the skill line making 17 vamps similar if you had 17 Werewolf only DPS. Not that exciting. As I doubt they will keep the extra stat bonus, but make it a true playstyle.
    Edited by karekiz on February 2, 2020 2:05AM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »

I am assuming they are going to make Vampires closer to Werewolves in terms of being a choice. Instead of "Stamina Sorc - with 10% extra regen" - You will be - Stamina Sorc - Vampire build. It will probably eat into the skill line making 17 vamps similar if you had 17 Werewolf only DPS. Not that exciting. As I doubt they will keep the extra stat bonus, but make it a true playstyle.

As long as there is some utility, than im fine with that. Im eager to test it when it comes to PTS.
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭

Im hoping that by more ugly when we're well fed they mean something akin to how vampires in Skyrim look. A final stage vampire looks quite spooky.

I hope this give us the bat facial features that would be neat :O
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flubbles wrote: »

I'd love to see a wider range of possible appearances across the board honestly. From normal mortal to, yes, the bat face you suggest. The various bloodlines spoken of in the lore have a very wide range of appearances and powers and while I know it would be completely impractical for them to come up with new powers for each one it'd be a heck of a lucrative cash store project for them if they'd start offering skins for the various lore strains so people could have their pick of their favorite kinds of vampires, at least in the looks department!

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I currently have one vamp who is a) supposed to be a vamp and b) is allowed to look ugly.
    I'll see how feeding will work (and look) in the future, and then I'll probably need to change his daily routine ... but that's not really a concern, just a note to myself.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Flubbles wrote: »

I'd love to see a wider range of possible appearances across the board honestly. From normal mortal to, yes, the bat face you suggest. The various bloodlines spoken of in the lore have a very wide range of appearances and powers and while I know it would be completely impractical for them to come up with new powers for each one it'd be a heck of a lucrative cash store project for them if they'd start offering skins for the various lore strains so people could have their pick of their favorite kinds of vampires, at least in the looks department!

They could have passives that change players visuals too so like the more passives the player takes the uglier they get like maybe they get claws and bat face if player selects certain passives or maxes them out.

I just don't see them adding more strains to be fair. which is why I think having them to passives will be a better option than just leaving them out or NPC special sorta thing.
    Edited by Slimebrow on February 2, 2020 1:58PM
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that feeding will finally have a point. I just wish they would fix vampirism making every body/head marking in the game all washed out.
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    My only concern is that it will not send nearly as many people running to the priest to remove the curse as I hope it does.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just go to a place with a lot of evil NPCs like that imperial place by the Lakeside in Bangkorai, or that bandit camp in Rivenspire. If you don't like these easy methods there is always the double bloody mara you can drink.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me, the main traits can't change. I just made a new thief character which relies on the sneak speed bonus from vamp.

so, sneak speed cant change and i know if they change the damage reduction trait people will be pissed.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a simple solution called Double Bloody Mara.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PVP TRADEOFFS

Along with incentive to be a Vampire, there should be incentive not too. In the PvP community there is very little incentive to not be a vamp with regen, damage mititagtion, mist form, Accel Drain is a great skill

Maybe a Vampire Hunter set? with significantly increased damage VS Vampire, that or bring back the power in those glyphs?

Fire works! Lol.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS f'ing with the lore is my biggest concern. Lord Harkon is the first Vampire Lord, a power given to him by Molag Bal. Lord Harkon is the first of his bloodline so if Vampire Lord is the new ultimate, I'm gonna be disappointed.
    Edited by Leogon on February 2, 2020 10:09PM
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    ZOS f'ing with the lore is my biggest concern. Lord Harkon is the first Vampire Lord, a power given to him by Molag Bal. Lord Harkon is the first of his bloodline so if Vampire Lord is the new ultimate, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Vampire Lord is not the new ultimate. The ultimate will be Vampire Scion which is not a Vampire Lord. This was addressed on the post show right after the reveal and when all is said and done they may use a different term but it is NOT Vampire Lord.
    Edited by Unseelie on February 2, 2020 10:17PM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its going to be what they are terming it to be a blood scion aka a vampire lord one of those guys. Except it will be unique to the strain we have so think of it a variant version of it but given by another bloodline of vampire.
    The Blood Scion will be the species variant. So think of like the differences between a calico cat and a tabby cat they are both cats but basically variant breeds. So it would be something similar to that. They do say they have the lore covered that its all good or something. Lore is sound. Going by their words.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 3, 2020 3:18AM
    PC NA
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

There's a simple solution called Double Bloody Mara.

Double Bloody keeps you at stage 1 while disastrous brings you to stage 4. I wonder if Double Bloody Mara will have a duel purpose or just be a regular gold drink, or add a stage.
    Edited by D0PAMINE on February 3, 2020 3:19AM
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, I don't want pretty vampires. Tattoos to show? Yep. But pretty? Heck no. If they change any of the appearance, I think my concern for the looks is that maybe the looks won't match up with the new abilities? IE; bloodstained mouths/persistent blood splatter on the character model. I don't think they could be bothered with that though, so if the current looks remains I'll still be fine with it. The more powerful you get, the more ugly you become is certainly good in my book!
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looking like a corpse while well fed makes absolutely no sense at all

You should not look like a corpse when your well fed and you should not look almost alive when your blood-starved, it should be the other way around, you should look like a pale corpse when your body is not full of fresh blood and you should look almost alive while you have fresh blood in your system.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The thing is we were led to believe the LDB not only defeated the First Dragon, the First Dragonborn but also the First Vampire Lord, you see Harkon had enough power that you needed a god weapon to break his shield and not one single mention of that form had existed in any form of TES media prior, not to mention he sacrificed 1000 souls for that power to be bestowed upon him and his family, if all pureblooded Vampires had that form then why even bother with the sacrifices? just have Valerica or Serana turn him, the fact is this massively diminishes Lord Harkon's importance as a villain and therefor diminishes what the LDB had achieved, hell if the mask of Alkosh and it's obvious attempt at being Dragon Aspect wasn't bad enough.

The Lore presented in Numbered Titles made by Bethesda should take priority over the Lore presented in a Spin-Off so if ESO contradicts something from Skyrim, since Skyrim is actually a main game of the series it's lore should take priority and the contradiction made should be ignored, if the Spin-Off presents something that does not cause a contradiction then by all means accept it.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on February 3, 2020 9:55AM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The thing is we were led to believe the LDB not only defeated the First Dragon, the First Dragonborn but also the First Vampire Lord, you see Harkon had enough power that you needed a god weapon to break his shield and not one single mention of that form had existed in any form of TES media prior, not to mention he sacrificed 1000 souls for that power to be bestowed upon him and his family, if all pureblooded Vampires had that form then why even bother with the sacrifices? just have Valerica or Serana turn him, the fact is this massively diminishes Lord Harkon's importance as a villain and therefor diminishes what the LDB had achieved, hell if the mask of Alkosh and it's obvious attempt at being Dragon Aspect wasn't bad enough.

The Lore presented in Numbered Titles made by Bethesda should take priority over the Lore presented in a Spin-Off so if ESO contradicts something from Skyrim, since Skyrim is actually a main game of the series it's lore should take priority and the contradiction made should be ignored, if the Spin-Off presents something that does not cause a contradiction then by all means accept it.

That is possibly because he was a first gen vampire of his own blood line while his wife and daughter also had the same strain so all three had it. But Harkon is likely the source of all the weak blooded vampires existing because he turned vampires that turned more vampires that made more vampires till the blood line started thinning out.

So for each one out there the more powerful he might be in his vampire lord form. In Lamaes Quest it is told by the one vampire that Each vampire that has her blood line makes her more stronger as a vampire for each vampire that exists. Given her strain is the most common all over Tamriel In the Eso time period. This could mean she could be much more powerful then Harkon. Thus could possibly grant abilties like vampire lord if she wanted too. So its possible that Lamae is far more powerful then we think she is. Maybe demiprince or higher maybe. given her goal is to Destroy Molag Bal and consume Arkay. It would make sense for her to be even more powerful and powerful enough to actually grant actual power like the Vampire Lord form.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 3, 2020 11:10AM
    PC NA