The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 25 - Feedback Thread for Combat & Classes

• Grimm_Cortex
    Grimm_Cortex
    ✭✭✭
    Every time this post appear some passionate debate begin ..

To be honest I fear I doesn't understand clearly to thing :smile: :

- Fixed an issue where some leap and charge abilities could not be cast while immobilized

Hum hum, basically if we immobilized someone in PvP or PvE is to avoid the target to move around no ? Question ...

- Fixed an issue where some potions could be activated while stunned.

Have you ever try to drink something when you are KO ? ... Same Question

Please could we have some kind of logic in the decision dev make ... I clearly am puzzled here

And to continue in the logic :
    - Fixed an issue where many Damage over Time effects were gaining the effectiveness of Stealth bonuses, such as guaranteed critical strikes or stunning targets.

One of my favorite it could be ignored but ... Dev continue to drop down the nightblade over and over ... Please could we ask some love also ? ... This character was supposed to be the adventurer one, a sort of jack of all trade able to do everything not so well than the other. And also the parangon of assassin and thief .... Where do you think we stand actually ? ... And now the last draw to finish it !
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Nerf warden,
    Buff mag/stam nightblade, buff mag dk

can i ask why?

For PvP warden is the best class currently, nice and reliable burst, healing, survivalability, sustain and group utility. Blades are the weakest, magDK are really powerful but only in PvE and maybe some niche builds at PvP. I agree we need to buff underperforming classes, not only the ones mentioned above. But please, do not nerf good classes. Wardens are fun and devs should work on making a other classes fun also. Not nerfing fun by destroying wardens

is Arctic Blast's heal one of the main reasons for this?

Highiest burst potential from Subterranean Assault + Dawnbreaker, perfmafrost, nice passives, access to a lot of buffs, powerful hots. Amount of utility and raw power warden provides made it great class

So you're refering to stamden? Unfortunately, nerfs to it's damage output or sustain would heavily impact it's pve performance which is reportedly very bad at the moment. What specifically do you want nerfed?

WTF? I specified in my first message "But please, do not nerf good classes. Wardens are fun and devs should work on making a other classes fun also. Not nerfing fun by destroying wardens". So no, I don't want them to be nerfed. I agreed with previous comments about buffing underperforming classes
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf warden,

can i ask why?

For PvP warden is the best class currently, nice and reliable burst, healing, survivalability, sustain and group utility. Blades are the weakest, magDK are really powerful but only in PvE and maybe some niche builds at PvP. I agree we need to buff underperforming classes, not only the ones mentioned above. But please, do not nerf good classes. Wardens are fun and devs should work on making a other classes fun also. Not nerfing fun by destroying wardens

Highiest burst potential from Subterranean Assault + Dawnbreaker, perfmafrost, nice passives, access to a lot of buffs, powerful hots. Amount of utility and raw power warden provides made it great class

So you're refering to stamden? Unfortunately, nerfs to it's damage output or sustain would heavily impact it's pve performance which is reportedly very bad at the moment. What specifically do you want nerfed?

WTF? I specified in my first message "But please, do not nerf good classes. Wardens are fun and devs should work on making a other classes fun also. Not nerfing fun by destroying wardens". So no, I don't want them to be nerfed. I agreed with previous comments about buffing underperforming classes

Apologies. I just checked the names. I initially thought i was being replied to by that guy who said to nerf warden.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Haink
    Haink
    ✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for any combat or class change. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance and changes.

So the feedback can be ignored?
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    Now that sacred ground has been changed and the huge aoe snare removed. A large source of snares have been removed from pvp which is good as that passive was a main offender. However in doing so you have empowered and made much much better these speed freak builds. This change needs to be balanced with a reduction of the speed cap. It needs lowered by 30 %. There is nothing good about entire groups of people simply running away at top speed or even entire groups running around at top speed all the time in pvp. Combat speed needs to be more normalized not these extremes of 70% snares or 100% run speed.

I have fought players that ran faster than a mount in combat. ZOS, how can this be?
  • Skysenzz
    Skysenzz
    ✭✭✭
    StamDK's venomous claw is not a viable dot in PvP, the reason is even though you guys made it so it deal the same amount of damage as before, with a base of 1k dps without searing heat, we would get aproximately a total of 17853 damages over 12seconds. With U24, you get aproximately 17798 damage over 14 seconds.
    That gives us 1488 dps for the old version vs 1272 dps on the current one (U24). That makes the old one ~17% stronger than it used to be. This is already a good hit on dk, but we've seen worse.
    However it was changed so the damages scales more between each ticks, it used to be that every tick would be 12% stronger than the previous one, now it's 20%, so it means that the first hits hits for nothing be the last one are stronger (or not?)
    This is the damage of every ticks on the old claw, it would go like this: 2200->2464->2759->3090->3461->3877
    and now the new one: 1378->1653->1984->2381->2857->3428->4114
    so you get the 1st ticks that are really weak compared to the old one, but you get 1 more tick at the 14th seconds that makes up for the old dot damages.
    This make it harder for DK's to fight around the last few ticks because they get to wait longer (6-8 seconds for old dot, 10seconds fot the new one), and in pvp the more you wait in a fight the less you can predict what can happen.
    Then in this current meta filled with Templars & classes that can cleanse themselves, you get something that becomes completly useless because it would be a GCD waste since they would cleanse it much later so you basically wasted 10seconds on your dk to try to get a kill.
    also let's not forget that actually searing strike does not buff your dot's damage by 33% but 26 :):)
    1mh8iv03307w.png
    big yikes.

Hoping for you guys to make this viable. :)

CP1000+
    DC sDK Skysenzz
    DC Stamden Kartag Vosh Rakh
    DC mDK Ignis-Noctem
    DC sDK Ellesperis
    DC MagSorc Victorià
    EP Stamplar Subject to change
    EP StamBlade Powerful Ninja Zoid
    DC StamNecro StamDK ls Better
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skysenzz wrote: »
    StamDK's venomous claw is not a viable dot in PvP, the reason is even though you guys made it so it deal the same amount of damage as before, with a base of 1k dps without searing heat, we would get aproximately a total of 17853 damages over 12seconds. With U24, you get aproximately 17798 damage over 14 seconds.
    That gives us 1488 dps for the old version vs 1272 dps on the current one (U24). That makes the old one ~17% stronger than it used to be. This is already a good hit on dk, but we've seen worse.
    However it was changed so the damages scales more between each ticks, it used to be that every tick would be 12% stronger than the previous one, now it's 20%, so it means that the first hits hits for nothing be the last one are stronger (or not?)
    This is the damage of every ticks on the old claw, it would go like this: 2200->2464->2759->3090->3461->3877
    so you get the 1st ticks that are really weak compared to the old one, but you get 1 more tick at the 14th seconds that makes up for the old dot damages.
    This make it harder for DK's to fight around the last few ticks because they get to wait longer (6-8 seconds for old dot, 10seconds fot the new one), and in pvp the more you wait in a fight the less you can predict what can happen.
    Then in this current meta filled with Templars & classes that can cleanse themselves, you get something that becomes completly useless because it would be a GCD waste since they would cleanse it much later so you basically wasted 10seconds on your dk to try to get a kill.
    also let's not forget that actually searing strike does not buff your dot's damage by 33% but 26 :):)
    1mh8iv03307w.png
    big yikes.

The last few patch notes have been a downward spiral where everything I loved about stamDK has changed for the worse. There was not even a single stamDk ability they did not nerfed with the dot audit. All three of them.

Its morrowind changes all over again. Developers ignoring the playerbase thinking they're so damn smart only to revert the changes a year or two later, I see it all over again with the dot audit.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 25, 2020 5:33PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every time this post appear some passionate debate begin ..

To be honest I fear I doesn't understand clearly to thing :smile: :

- Fixed an issue where some leap and charge abilities could not be cast while immobilized

Hum hum, basically if we immobilized someone in PvP or PvE is to avoid the target to move around no ? Question ...

- Fixed an issue where some potions could be activated while stunned.

Have you ever try to drink something when you are KO ? ... Same Question

Please could we have some kind of logic in the decision dev make ... I clearly am puzzled here

And to continue in the logic :
    - Fixed an issue where many Damage over Time effects were gaining the effectiveness of Stealth bonuses, such as guaranteed critical strikes or stunning targets.

One of my favorite it could be ignored but ... Dev continue to drop down the nightblade over and over ... Please could we ask some love also ? ... This character was supposed to be the adventurer one, a sort of jack of all trade able to do everything not so well than the other. And also the parangon of assassin and thief .... Where do you think we stand actually ? ... And now the last draw to finish it !

Answer to the first question’s pretty obvious. People complained about bombard spam and fossilize being OP, devs listened, and now charges will break immobilizations.

It’s actually a pretty clever way of dealing with the situation. No nerf to immobilizations being strong against kiting classes because they’re trying to get away. Bombard spammers will eat a charge to the face so will stop pretty quickly. A good DK shouldn’t mind if someone gap closes to them to break the immobilization.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 25, 2020 5:39PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf warden,

can i ask why?

The details are all here: (from the nb community, not from myself per se)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/509760/please-give-nb-a-viable-defensive-pvp-alternative-to-cloak-or-give-us-our-burst-back#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/488250/magblade-theorycrafting-changes-thread#latest

The cliff notes are that nb is the weakest class overall in ESO when talking from a PVP perspective. I’m not saying nb can’t perform decently, I’m/we’re saying that every possible scenario can be handled better by some other class.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf warden,

can i ask why?

Nerfs to Warden would ABSOLUTELY NOT impact its PVE performance because the only thing that needs to be nerfed is SHIMMERING SHIELD !

If a warden tells you they need that for dps then replace your pve healers.

Also, I thought the purpose behind the warden class was NOT to be great dps but instead to be a “support class”!
    Why are wardens complaining about their dps being weak when they should know that’s not it’s intended purpose!

Are the tanks & healers crying about their dps too?

Are the dps complaining they can’t tank & heal as well either?

If we’re going that direction where is my breath of life, burning embers, or reduced block cost?

I’m fine with having some classes be easier or harder to play, but when nb is trying to perform an entire pve rotation to do any damage & warden gets to spam 1 button to negate the entirety of my damage, which by the way IMPALE is a projectile which is my 300% extra damage completely negated by a 1 button spamming opponent...the gap is just too wide. I’m not asking to make nightblade easier, I’m asking to make other classes have to work a little harder than 1 button negate 50% of all damage classes (mag vs stam).
    Edited by kaithuzar on January 26, 2020 8:25AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Valenor
    Valenor
    ✭✭✭
    The fix to explosive charge working with tormentor is really welcome. It works well and makes tanking packs a lot funnier in easier dungeons. Adding that splash damage to one of the shield charge morphs would be a nice addition, as would be adding splash damage to the initial hit of Stampede, thus expanding the relative usefulness of that set to other classes.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1mh8iv03307w.png
    big yikes.

I agree with this. The damage increasing and being backloaded is especially punishing with one out of six classes always having some kind of purge ability slotted both for them and their group. It honestly seems like the ability is designed to be bad/unusable. Not only is the dot weak compared to what it used to be, it takes too long to start doing useful damage, and it's a lot more expensive than it was in the past. The dot damage on Venomous Claw in Wrathstone was perfect, I don't know why we've gone backwards from there, no one had any issues with the damage of the ability at that point.
    Edited by ecru on January 26, 2020 8:59AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    y'all asking for "buff X, Y" without asking exactly what you wants sounds pretty pathetic ngl xD

Looking at how BB on necro now is, it will become a much more reliable skill to use for them, this is now a good time to buff other classes. I will talk about Stamina dragonknight, stamina nightblade & stamina warden since those are the most popular classes amongst the pvp community that I am in touch with.

right now the pvp stamina meta for necromancer/dk/warden are fairly similar considering frontbar skills:
    Executioner, dizzy swing, rally/fm & 2 flex spots depending on the class, sometime using Camouflaged Hunter, if there is 1 free spot.
    Stamden right now uses Dizzy executionner fm shalks, the wings & DB ult
    Stamnecro uses Dizzy executionner fm BB & a flex spot, camoflage for the most of them & Colossus .
    StamDK uses dizzy executionner fm noxious & camoflage & take flight. (not using claws being too weak & many magplars/purges in the meta; not worth using by any mean).

Let's first compare those frontbars. The numbers in parentheses are the base damage +8% from minor berserk.
    BB being the most damaging skill, with base damage of 1400(1512) (hit ~3seconds after cast), with major defile - straight up -30% healing capacity.
    Shalks 2nd most damaging skill, with base damage of 1200 (hit 3seconds after cast), with major fracture -8% phys mitigation (major fracture reducing phys mitigation by 5280, 1% mitigation being 660 armor).
    Noxious breath being the 3rd one, with base damage of 705(761) (+910(982) base damage over 14 seconds) , with major fracture, same story as shalks.

We can first clearly see that there is a huge gap between necro & wardens with their "delayed abilities" necromancer have a targetable ability (let's be honest, the skeleton will be really hard/impossible to kill when you're on a close fight) & warden it's an aoe in the direction the player is moving.
    those two abilities are usually cast every 3-4 gcd depending on how the fight is going. This is not hard to see that damage wise shalks are weaker(and not by a bit) than BB, then if you look at the debuffs they add, major defile is much stronger than major fracture, just need common sence to realize that, even with ~50% uptime.
    Then DK has noxious breath, which is a really weak dot & weak direct hit (almost nobody uses this skill to deal aoe damage btw, the direct damage should be hitting harder on the 1st target like jabs on stamplars to be efficient IMO) 2 cast of those hit for almost the same as 1 blighed blastbone. Also the cost of this ability is about 3k wich make it fairly expansive to uses.
    Noxious breath is almost (as if only) used for major fracture.

If you compare those 3 classes burst wise without ultimate, necro comes first, then stamden then much under there is stamDK.
    if you add the ultimates, the gap between necro & warden increases a bit, assuming you hit 2/3 hits of the ultimate (which once again can have a hit from it linked with a BB & a dizzy to have a really huge burst),
    the gap between DK & warden decrease, take flight being better than DB.
    damage wise, this is an easy win for necro, warden a bit behind & dk behind warden.
    I did not count dk's minor brutality to make thing easiers, but 10% weapon damage will never be enough to compensate their lack of burst.
    same for warden's advanced species passive.

then on defensive bar, people run with
    (- is for almost every good players, ~ 80% of the good players uses it, if not more)
    Wardens run mostly with
    -vigor
    -ice fortress
    -bull netch
    ~green lotus/living vines
    ~green lotus/living vine/flex spot

Dragonknights run mostly with
    -vigor
    -volatile armor
    ~cauterize
    -fragmented shield
    -flex spot

necromancers run mostly with
    -Vigor
    -summoner's armor
    -Spirit guardian
    ~mortal coil
    flex spot

with the passives,
    -dragonknights gets 12% extra heal received, 3.3k extra spell resistance.
    -wardens gets major mending for a short period of time if heal a friendly target with hp<40%,minor protection, minor toughness 100% uptime, 2/4% extra heal on backbar, 500extra spell resistance on backbar
    -necromancers get 1250 extra max health 15% mitigation on dots, 10% self heal (assuming you have 100% uptime on any negative effect & armor, which is really likely to happen) and increase up to 20% your critical heal when health is scaling from 100 to 0 and 3% extra on backbar.
    from skills
    -dk get major mending, a 709 base self heal every 5 seconds, 4 times over 15seconds.
    -wardens get 1300 health every time they hit a light attack on an enemy (if lotus, last 20seconds, scales with magicka so let's say it stays at that number), 246 base self heal.
    -necromancers get 246 base heal every every 2 seconds + pet absorb damages(last 16seconds/when pet dies), 2196 base heal over 12 seconds.

It is clear to see that once again DK is lacking over those two classes, once again (tank class btw) and necromancer gets ahead of wardens because of the mitigation from pet + hot.
    We can easily say that necromancer will keep overperfoming in defense & offense over stamina wardens & stamina dragonknights.
    I propose some adjustments:
    bring back DK's dots to where it was back before the nerf (dps + cost) it was really liked by the dragonknights players and was competing with old dizzy spam. Make them a tank class (how it's supposed to be l0l) so they have a "turtle" gameplay and getting their kills with dots rather than only burst.
    up warden's shalks damage (will also help in pve).
    reduce necromancer's tankiness to make it more of a really high damaging class, rather than being insanely strong in offense & defense.

Now stamina nightblade has a damaging issue, you guys gave them an aoe fear which can be not really reliable in most of the time, they've been using offbalance to stun for quite a while now, and worked fairly nicely. (but you guys put an insane cooldown on that, rip) so if you guys remove them a way to stun their enemies in a reliable way, they need something to gank properly, which, atm they don't. You gave them also 10% resistance that could be traded for +%damage on the bow stacks, just from that they will get easier time to burst down enemies (idk if it will be enough to break down those necros with 31k hp though).

Dude... Dk has leap which is the absolute most broken ability in the game and is buffed by server lag... StamDk is arguably the strongest/most op class in the game right now followed by stamcro and magplar.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS wtf, you nerfed Dark Flare, and now you made a Dark Flare equivalent (Blastbones) that is way better. No cast time, faster travel time, perfect for LOS game play, lower resource cost, igreat at range and even better at melee. Whomever wants to argue that Blastbone has an animation time longer than Dark Flare, please stop. This is an ability that you activate instantly and forget - no channel, no cast time. You are free to continue your rotation as soon as you press the bottom. Also as a bonus, you can stand behind the skeleton and it provides lost of sight....

If people don't realize how strong this ability is now, I don't know what to say then. This is an ability that does a lot of damage, it's not easy avoidable at range and impossible to avoid at melee, provides 100% defile because it is spammable (cast and forget); it provides great LOS. Think of a pet sorc and templar Dark Flare combined with no cast time and a pet that actually does damage. ZOS what are you thinking??? Would you consider changing Dark Flare to a instant ability, with faster travel time, and add an animation that after it's cast it provides lost of sight protection for 2.5 seconds.

Again for those people that want to say, oh it's not instant, it has a 2.5 sec animation. I would tell you this, 2.5 sec delay in animation make the ability even stronger. Imagine a Templar casting a instant Dark Flare, and the ball of light stays in front of the templar protecting it of 2.5 seconds, while it's jabbing away. The 2.5 secs animation while standing in front of you is protecting you while you are free to heal, attack, buff, delay the bust.

If this goes live the way it is now on pts, it would be a broken skill... ZOS if you don't agree, then as an alternative, give all classes this 100% uptime defile with all the perks blastbones has now.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to help MagNecro in the ranged stun department. Wouldn't it be great if Mystic Siphon would do the following :

Violently drain the last spark of life from a corpse, dealing 2232 Shock Damage over 12 seconds to all enemies around the corpse and between you and the corpse. If an enemy stands at the corpse location while you activate this ability the enemy is instantly stunned for 3 sec. Could synergize well with Blastbones.

You also restore 2736 Magicka over 12 seconds while siphoning the corpse.

While slotted, your damage done is increased by 3%.

I dunno it would help add a bit of shock damage from Necromancer kit in PvP and add a needed ranged stun. Necromancer would have a reason to use this skill in PvP otherwise it's a PVE skill.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_RobGarrett

Edited by Revokus on January 27, 2020 3:50AM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf warden,

can i ask why?

Nerfs to Warden would ABSOLUTELY NOT impact its PVE performance because the only thing that needs to be nerfed is SHIMMERING SHIELD !

If a warden tells you they need that for dps then replace your pve healers.

Also, I thought the purpose behind the warden class was NOT to be great dps but instead to be a “support class”!
    Why are wardens complaining about their dps being weak when they should know that’s not it’s intended purpose!

Are the tanks & healers crying about their dps too?

Are the dps complaining they can’t tank & heal as well either?

If we’re going that direction where is my breath of life, burning embers, or reduced block cost?

I’m fine with having some classes be easier or harder to play, but when nb is trying to perform an entire pve rotation to do any damage & warden gets to spam 1 button to negate the entirety of my damage, which by the way IMPALE is a projectile which is my 300% extra damage completely negated by a 1 button spamming opponent...the gap is just too wide. I’m not asking to make nightblade easier, I’m asking to make other classes have to work a little harder than 1 button negate 50% of all damage classes (mag vs stam).

Here is my Warden Roadmap
    thing i created. it might be to your liking. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fWoOX0S4yrR_KFZcjBAvHvR2K6T__6LrIGiaERV8NQA/edit?usp=sharing
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is literally a new bug/mechanic that prevents burst, and i'm talking 100% mitigation keeping players alive at 0% health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=5NXOu6tYMdg&feature=emb_logo

also see the original thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/509527/call-to-test
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire drain was rendered useless. Thanks for trying to fix dizzying swing meta, but i am not sure if this was right way.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    Last patch we managed to get rid of the artificial minimum traveltime on assassins will.

Now we have 2 more crucial skills who are affected by a minimum traveltime those are Strife and crystal frags.
    According to older patch notes the travel time of will and frags both got reduced to 250ms travel time but neither of those changes made it through and now only will got changed last patch.

Strife and Frags still take a minimum of 500ms to hit your target even if you're right on them and we're talking proctology exam distance here.

Those travel times make both skills highly unreliable in PvP as you won't hit someone with them if you're solo because they just have to avoid the skill via dodge or block and will never die unless you get a clean kill.
    This also means they're impossible to line up with stuns as everyone can break free and dodge/block before the projectile does it's damage.

We have more of those artificial travel times which make skills useless.
    Those include mages wrath (800ms), birds (1.1s), stone giant (250ms but horrible because stamdk doesn't gain anything from the range benefit as the class is ment to play in meele, same issue applies to stamina birds (1.1s travel time) and stamnecro's skulls (250ms)

The travel time is a huge reason why many of those skills see no useage in PvP (along with other issues) or in the main case of strife and frags are a huge reason why the offence of magsorc and magnb are too unreliable and then get overbuffed for zerging as the damage when the projectile hits gets increased when the issue is hitting them in the first place when you're solo.

TEMPLAR Radiant Destruction and dark flare has minimun travel time. Radiant destruction fist tick after 1 second and Darklafe seconds.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the changes to off-balance damage is far too low in CP PvP for anything not involving harmony meta. Heavy armor damage sets, defile, dots, bleeds, burst ultimates, off-balance, and several hard hitting skills (dizzy, steel tornado, surprise attack), have all been nerfed in a fairly short amount of time. This is too much damage loss without any serious changes to healing and mitigation. The Dragonhold meta is already light/medium with 2 damage sets and full infused damage on jewelry, and it still feels like a "tank" meta despite people stacking so much damage. I can understand wanting to balance out damage mechanics, but the overall result of this is damage is too low.

At this point I'd recommend easing battle spirit a little bit. Maybe 35% reduced damage instead of %50, at least in CP. Something needs to happen, or next patch will make an already boring meta even more boring.
    Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on January 27, 2020 5:54PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question related to this for the developers and/or those who can PTS:

Psijic Order
    Concentrated Barrier: Re-enabled this passive, and removed the shield recharge visual effects that would appear every 10 seconds of not blocking.

I'm not entirely clear on what this means. Is this intended to convey that there was a bug causing this animation to loop repeatedly every 10 seconds even if you had recharged the barrier? Or does this mean there is now no visual cue for when the barrier has recharged? I'm hoping it's not the second one, because the visual cue for the recharge time is really useful.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I know suggestions aren't really being looked for changes that are not already related to the current PTS but:

I believe Necromancers could have a line added to one of their passives somewhere that says, "when you successfully consume a corpse, you gain Major Sorcery/Brutality for 10/20 seconds". Alternatively, this effect could be added to one of the corpse consuming abilities instead. At least it'd fit with their theme.

For Nightblades, removing the heal component of Grim Focus and transferring the Major Brutality/Sorcery from Drain Power and adding it to this skill as it's base effect would be much preferred. Drain Power could then be granted a new, creative (or not) base effect.

Templars.. I'm still thinking about that one..
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Question related to this for the developers and/or those who can PTS:

Psijic Order
    Concentrated Barrier: Re-enabled this passive, and removed the shield recharge visual effects that would appear every 10 seconds of not blocking.

I'm not entirely clear on what this means. Is this intended to convey that there was a bug causing this animation to loop repeatedly every 10 seconds even if you had recharged the barrier? Or does this mean there is now no visual cue for when the barrier has recharged? I'm hoping it's not the second one, because the visual cue for the recharge time is really useful.

Haven't been on pts yet, but if I had to guess, it has more to do with the changes to blocking rather than the passive itself. 5.3.0 was about implementing the changes to block & test to see if there were issues. 5.3.1 reintroduces the shield, but not the visual effects to see if the shield works as intended. I would expect 5.3.2 will reintroduce the visual cues, barring major bugs with the Psijic passive. It seems they want to make sure that if an issue comes up with the passive, they know precisely what was causing the issue, rather than trying to guess if it's the passive or the changes to blocking.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    HEY what the heck is up with the stun on the 2nd hit of D-Swing!?!? It's just a generic stun - what happened to that sexy ragdoll thrash :'(

I was so pumped when I read the notes but now only disappointment and sadness

it seems ZoS got rid of knockbacks... maybe phoenixkungfu lobby was succseful after all
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the block changes are Perfect.
    one of the main things i love about this block change, is that we are now able to see the other actions taking place that were previously hidden by the block canceling.
    all of the canceled animations now are showing and allow us a fair chance to react to all the animations and damage skills coming at us instead of just a FLASH and glitched actions appearance.
    i love this and hope we see more of it.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werewolf bugs I found so far.

1. corpses no longer have any graphic above them of they are able to be devoured.

2. Werewolf Pounce was reverted to the old High pathing, slow speed leaping. Seams to have gotten the Dk leap speed nerf.
    Edited by Chrlynsch on January 28, 2020 7:33AM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Werewolf bugs I found so far.

1. corpses no longer have any graphic above them of they are able to be devoured.

2. Werewolf Pounce was reverted to the old High pathing, slow speed leaping. Seams to have gotten the Dk leap speed nerf.

It doesn't surprise me with the pounce. I've been looking at various skills and the animations associated with them and I'd bet dk leap and werewolf pounce share code, along with many other skills.

It's also telling from the possible pic of Blood Scion that it's simply a reskinned werewolf form.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many aoe abilities got their cost reduced, not so Ash Cloud and its morphs (especially Eruption). I don't understand why, it is very expensive and should get the same treatment.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many aoe abilities got their cost reduced, not so Ash Cloud and its morphs (especially Eruption). I don't understand why, it is very expensive and should get the same treatment.

i think it is because of the duration.

either way, i don't run it anymore.
  • mpicklesster
    mpicklesster
    ✭✭✭
    TL; DR version of feedback: PTS sustain is better than live, but still quite fragile. One minor build change resulted in rather poor sustain. Is this intended or a bug? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Full version of feedback: Because the cost of ground AoE skills was reduced in this PTS, I decided to do some test parses on my mag sorc. I figured they'd be a good place to start given that they're notorious for having sustain issues. Primarily, I wanted to see if the new sustain changes would allow me to sacrifice some magicka regen in exchange for more spell damage. While doing some test parses to explore this possibility, I stumbled upon some rather surprising results.

My first test was simply to establish a baseline. I ran the build I use on the live server on the PTS. I did all of my parses on the 6mil dummy while providing my own Ele Drain. (I can't afford the 21mil dummy.) Anyway--I found that sustain was markedly better. On the live server, I normally have about 25% of my magicka leftover at the end of a parse. On the PTS, my magicka rarely fell below 75% the entire time. Here is CMEX output regarding my sustain:

m03e0oz7liau.png

Note that, on this build, I use 2 spell damage glyphs and 1 magicka regen glyph on my jewelry. In my experience, I found the 1 regen glyph has been necessary to sustain on the live server.

However, the above results suggest that, on the PTS, my live server build was now "over sustaining." So naturally I wanted to see if I could replace that one regen glyph with a spell damage glyph instead. The results I found were quite surprising. I found that 1) my DPS did not change (although that might be due to crit RNG) and that--more importantly--2) my sustain plummeted back to where it was on the liver server. By the end of the parse, I only had about 25% of my magicka left. The
    CMEX output verifying my sustain is below:

9rhd15qcy408.png

Suffice it to say, it's quite surprising (and perhaps alarming) that swapping out only 1 regen glyph for a spell damage glyph could result in markedly poorer sustain. So that's why I ask: is sustain meant to be this fragile now or is there a bug? Perhaps in the way regen is calculated.

If you read this far, thanks for your time!

P.S. For the sake of transparency, here is a pic of the build I used to do my test parses. It's 5x False God (body), 5x Mother's Sorrow (front bar), vMA Infero (back bar), and 2x Zaan. For my second wave of testing, I merely replaced my 1 regen glyph with a gold quality spell damage glyph. Lastly, Ele Drain was slotted where I'd normally put a shield.

afl5kobhgedp.png