The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Roots need adjusted in this PTS cycle!!!! Bombard inpaticular.

• iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    iCaliban wrote: »
    SodanTok wrote: »
    iCaliban wrote: »
    This is just gonna happen all the time. You will make nerfs threads until they put bombard to the trash and move on to complaining about next AoE root in the same game where AoE roots are quite important part of PvE combat. This is never gonna get solved until AoE roots start behaving differently. There needs to be immunity/cooldown but also in a way PVE mobs can be rooted near permanently as is possible now.
    Only solution I see is increase/standardize root duration from every skill to 5-7s and give everyone 5-7s immunity to roots on breaking away (purge, dodge).

This is a straw man. Bombard is not used in pve. No tank worth the name runs a bow.

This is not a nerf for the sake of nerf thread. Bombard is genuinely overperforming. It is much stronger than the old ice wall, which was nerfed for the constant roots.

Thread topic is literally 'roots need adjusted' and OP is talking about aoe roots in general with bombard beind nr1 offender. That says to me clearly that removing bombard from existence would not solve OP issue.

Op is irrelevant then. Other roots are fine. It is bombard that is an issue.

Then bombard will be replaced by Encase spam and charged ice wall.

It's the cost/benefit ratio of roots versus immunity that is the issue, not one specific skill.

Both are already used. Both are much smaller range, more expensive, easier to avoid, limited to either 1 class or a undesirable weapon.

Almost every single bow player runs bombard. It has a much larger area than bombard, it is not melee like encase or talons. It is cheap.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Encase is not melee, it's an 18x6m rectangle, same as Unstable Wall. (The other Wall is 18x12). Bombard is a 20m cone.

Talons is a 6m circle.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    im cool
  • MaskedHuman
    MaskedHuman
    ✭✭✭
    please for the love of god don't turn this into a talons nerf, it already BARELY roots anyone and you have to literally be hugging people for it to work. MagDK had so many *** nerfs ever since 1.6. Let use atleast have our barely functional roots.
    EP MagDK - Former emperor, Magplar - The Flawless Conqueror, StamDK - The merciless, Stamden - The merciless, MagNB, The merciless.
    DC MagDK (Main) The Flawless Conquerer, StamDK - The Flawless Conqueror, Stamden - Former emperor, Stamsorc - The merciless, Stamblade - The merciless, StamDK - The merciless, Stamplar - The merciless, Stamnecro, The merciless.
  • MyPrist
    MyPrist
    ✭✭✭
    I have idea, lets make that only 810+ CP can ask about nerf in exchange of their account get banned, and only than it will be looked as a prpblem, that can be fixed or not.

Or some body always will cry about nerfs, just becouse thay can.

Unlimited cry. And all are week, other are always better. Nerf this, nerf that.

Go nerf your self and learn to play baby cryers.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop the war on CC's PLEASE. It's ruining so many other skills and playstyles as a consequence.

Everyone and there mothers were saying how terrible the root on living dark was. But, the root on Bombard is fine because it does damage as oppose to living dark heals. Okay. Now that sacred ground lost the snare, how would you feel to add a root to reflective light, instead of a snare?
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    Stop the war on CC's PLEASE. It's ruining so many other skills and playstyles as a consequence.

Everyone and there mothers were saying how terrible the root on living dark was. But, the root on Bombard is fine because it does damage as oppose to living dark heals. Okay. Now that sacred ground lost the snare, how would you feel to add a root to reflective light, instead of a snare?

Frankly I'd be fine with that. Snares/roots/stuns all have several counters. What zos needs to do is fix breaking free and figure out why some seem to ignore immunity. That's my point, why nerf skills when the underlying problem is actually buggy mechanics?
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frankly I'd be fine with that. Snares/roots/stuns all have several counters. What zos needs to do is fix breaking free and figure out why some seem to ignore immunity. That's my point, why nerf skills when the underlying problem is actually buggy mechanics?

Yeah, I agree with you. That's what I said about the root on living dark. But now that the ESO community is done with living dark, they are moving to the next target.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, I agree with you. That's what I said about the root on living dark. But now that the ESO community is done with living dark, they are moving to the next target.

And don't forget about the weird off balance change. Yet another creative and complicated stun almost useless now.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn´t mind bombard doing what it does if snare immunity would actually work. But if you have 5-10 people spamming bombard on you in Cyrodiil, it doesn´t matter if you purge, dodge roll, use immo pots or proc your snare immunity - you are going to be rooted instantly again. In the current state of the game, this skill is just broken and brings way more utility than it should - huge range, good damage, cheap cost and rooting every single target in the cone while also snaring them afterwards and being accessible as weapon ability to anyone who just wants to be an annoying guy.

Either fix your snare / root immunity or nerf this skill - solutions to keep the same functionality in PvE (in case people care, havent seen anyone use this) would be:

- adjusting root immunity of players in general, independently of bombard
    - keeping the root on mobs, while applying the 40% snare on players (similar to how negate is handled with different effects for players)

PC EU - @RealPhoenix | Cyrodiil´s FIST | 1500 CP | Dedicated PvP Player | 36k Achievement Points
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just gonna happen all the time. You will make nerfs threads until they put bombard to the trash and move on to complaining about next AoE root in the same game where AoE roots are quite important part of PvE combat. This is never gonna get solved until AoE roots start behaving differently. There needs to be immunity/cooldown but also in a way PVE mobs can be rooted near permanently as is possible now.
    Only solution I see is increase/standardize root duration from every skill to 5-7s and give everyone 5-7s immunity to roots on breaking away (purge, dodge).

What about making all AoE snares melee range? Beneficial for who it matters, tanks/supports for both pvp and pve. Blockade of Frost could an exception since it has low range and high cost, while also being a weapon that isn't supposed to do damage.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roots are complete crap now how are you complaining.
    Why do you think most dks dropped them I only use talons for minor main because minor main offers more survival than wings
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc