The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

So 30 day No CP will be unlocked again....

• TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    @TheFm I am obviously on PCNA, so i can't speak to EU population. The only place I have seen on PCNA that is still actively playing the "faction v faction v faction" is in CP 30day locked. Everywhere else is completely dead 90% of the time. Locking near dead campaigns in no way will help it to gain population.

Even before the dot meta, pvp population was near the same dead state. If I were to point at a patch that really drove the stake in pvp it would be summerset, which lead to the dreaded nerfmire patch.

Even in CP 30day locked I have not seen a 200+ person que in years, maybe the highest i've seen in the past year is 50-100.

Then that's a problem in itself with the playerbase, pc EU has had pop locks on no cp and cp for years now during primetime, only during pve events was it slightly lower now.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    TheFM wrote: »
    Ryanoxx wrote: »
    Best change this patch... faction lock is bad.

Yeah playing on the team you choose is so bad, imagine being able to switch teams mid football game because one of the other teams is winning, or they have one of your friends on the team. xD. Logic.

One dumb argument after the other. This is a game dummy not real life competitive sports. The only logical thing about this comparison is that they cant be compared.

Sports are a game smarty pants. No difference what so ever. You think people just switch teams in amateur leagues because they have friends on the other team.

" I have no logical arguments so I'll just insult them "

Gg.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PC NA the state of pvp is pretty much:

CP 30day: locked: Pop locked primetime, with unplayable server lag 1-4 sec ability cast delay 3 bar off hours
    CP 30day: Dead, usually picking up people who are fed up with server lag, or overflow from^
    NoCP 30day: Dead, until primetime when players all log on if the map is not gated
    lowbie: Dead the entire day, unless the map is even before primetime on a friday night, then it may reach the high end of 1 bar.

IC: dead 90% of the time, or there is one zerg that will leave after you wipe them once
    BG: 30-40 min ques for unfilled teams against the same 10-15 people that all know each other (whichever team gets the healer usually wins)
    during pvp events of course the pop will inflate, but this also goes the opposite way during non pvp events which seem to be just about every other week now

So because pc na is dead, pc EU should suffer, sounds about right....wait.

So because some people care about a dumb faction pride in a game, the rest should suffer. Sounds about right..... Wait.

Yeah playing a game by the intended way, without abusing low pop and harassing people, is horrible. Might as well get rid of all factions and have a giant free for all since factions, community health, and campaign are so unimportant to you.

Apples and oranges. Abusing low pop and harassing people isnt something caused by non faction lock. Grasping at straws at its finest. Whats next? Global warming is also caused by non faction lock? Any other conspiracy theories?

Funny how the vitriol and low pop abuse has all but disappeared since faction locks. All you are doing is proving my point about non faction lockers, insults and vitriol as soon as anyone speaks out against the changes. It's cool tho, I anticipate getting lots of people banned with screen shots when the locks are lifted.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ryanoxx wrote: »
    Best change this patch... faction lock is bad.

Yeah playing on the team you choose is so bad, imagine being able to switch teams mid football game because one of the other teams is winning, or they have one of your friends on the team. xD. Logic.

I really dont know why you keep coming up with these comparisons to football or baseball or whatever sports games.

Why would a 30-day alliance war between three factions and hundreds of players be comparable to a sports game, which:
    - lasts hours, not days
    - involves a couple dozen people, not hundreds
    - takes place between two teams of fixed sizes, not three factions of varying size throughout the whole day
    - has a completely different ruleset and is way more competitive

If you were trying to compare AvA to anything in the real world (even though I dont think that would get us anywhere) it would probably be historical wars, where it is natural that:
    - numbers are uneven
    - people switch sides and betray each other
    - it lasts several days or even months
    - it actually involves a couple of hundred or even more people

A campaign is very much equal to a season. And by definition sports are GAMES. So try again. A video game is in no way comparable to a real life war when people die, thats just an absurd comparison.

Sports are by definition games
    E sports involve games
    This is a non competitive game which is comparable to minor leagues or amateur sports, and it would be absolutely ludicrous to say " oh jeff is on the other team! I want to play with him, Im switching teams now" . Play the way you want doesnt mean circumvent mechanics.
    D3N7157 wrote: »
    Finally me and my friend can faction hop freely again, some of the best fun we've had in the game was stealing enemy faction scroll and brining it back to our own faction just to trigger some pugs i cant wait to do it all over again :)

There you have it people. GG, we get to look forward to more people who think ruining the game for others is legitimate fun and should be respected. Good thing this falls under harassment, so when i get videos of it ill be sending it to zos.
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should offer 5 campaigns: two locked and either CP or nonCP, two unlocked and either, and one below level 50 and nonCP.
    Edited by mikikatze on January 27, 2020 11:38AM
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just scrap no CP we don't have the player base to support two campaigns, just have 1 locked, 1 unlocked and under 50 no cp. Bingo fixed. :wink:
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mikikatze wrote: »
    They should offer 5 campaigns: two locked and either CP or nonCP, two unlocked and either, and one below level 50 and nonCP.

Yep, is what I have been saying all along, but noooooo, we have to have this 2 - 1 ratio for some absurd reason.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just scrap no CP we don't have the player base to support two campaigns, just have 1 locked, 1 unlocked and under 50 no cp. Bingo fixed. :wink:

Funny how pc eu, ya know, the server with the higher population, has both campaigns being locked at 8 hours of the day outside of the event. But yes, lets just ignore us i guess.
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't agree. I love playing PVP now and then, but my chars are build for PVE first and foremost. I do switch gear, weapons and skills when playing PVP (which I really do enjoy, but I need more time for this than I often have), but I don't want to change CP all the time.

So I only enter nonCP (which is ALWAYS full with players), and at the moment only AD, even though I'd also like to give my other chars a chance. ;)
    Edited by mikikatze on January 27, 2020 11:51AM
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikikatze wrote: »

I don't agree. I love playing PVP now and then, but my chars are build for PVE first and foremost. I do switch gear, weapons and skills when playing PVP (which I really do enjoy, but I need more time for this than I often have), but I don't want to change CP all the time.

So I only enter nonCP (which is ALWAYS full with players), and at the moment only AD, even though I'd also like to give my other chars a chance. ;)

3k gold to change CP is nothing, plus with 18 available character slots have you considered levelling a pure pvp character?
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more about effort than money. ;)

I have, indeed, but it does not really suit my playstyle. I want to play for fun and not level several chars due to limited time. Maybe one day...
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No thanks. Not only would that be horrible option for anyone under 500-600cp since they'd be at a severe disadvantage, it sucks even more for people who also like to play in pve, especially on console where they can't easily swap points and gear with addons.

Also, plenty of nights on PCNA there is a queue for the main campaign as it is. If they made less campaigns, that would only increase. Nothing worse than logging on to play and having to sit in a queue for an hour just to get in especially when you only have a couple of hours to play.
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    Finally I will be able to play all my chars in a campaign where I can find other players, I will be able to group with any of my friends regardless of which Alliance they play, I won't need to play NOCP. No role players thinking everyone should play only their way will ruin my game anymore. ZOS, I love you, thank you very much.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally I will be able to play all my chars in a campaign where I can find other players, I will be able to group with any of my friends regardless of which Alliance they play, I won't need to play NOCP. No role players thinking everyone should play only their way will ruin my game anymore. ZOS, I love you, thank you very much.

Not really sure what your point is. This thread is about the NO CP campaign. You can already play all your chars without having to go there.
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, why don't you use the normal CP campaign that isn't faction locked?
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    Best change in this patch!
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    x48rph wrote: »
    Not really sure what your point is. This thread is about the NO CP campaign. You can already play all your chars without having to go there.
    Nope, I can't, because faction unlocked campaign is empty the most of time, and I have to log 1/3 of my chars to NOCP to be able to play with people instead of doors and mobs. With that new list of campaigns people will continue to log to the first thing in the list as they usually do, so, non-locked CP will be full of players again. This is what I'm happy with. I'm also happy my friends and guildies who used to play in NOCP will have the same option in their campaign. This is good when all players can play the way they like.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this will kill no cp all peeps will do is jump to winning faction
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, I can't, because faction unlocked campaign is empty the most of time, and I have to log 1/3 of my chars to NOCP to be able to play with people instead of doors and mobs. With that new list of campaigns people will continue to log to the first thing in the list as they usually do, so, non-locked CP will be full of players again. This is what I'm happy with. I'm also happy my friends and guildies who used to play in NOCP will have the same option in their campaign. This is good when all players can play the way they like.

Except of course ALL players can't play the way they like because there isn't two options for NO CP.
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    A campaign is very much equal to a season. And by definition sports are GAMES. So try again. A video game is in no way comparable to a real life war when people die, thats just an absurd comparison.

Dont think I have to - youre the only one defending faction lock in this thread atm anyway xD
    PC EU - @RealPhoenix | Cyrodiil´s FIST | 1500 CP | Dedicated PvP Player | 36k Achievement Points
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PC NA the state of pvp is pretty much:

CP 30day: locked: Pop locked primetime, with unplayable server lag 1-4 sec ability cast delay 3 bar off hours
    CP 30day: Dead, usually picking up people who are fed up with server lag, or overflow from^
    NoCP 30day: Dead, until primetime when players all log on if the map is not gated
    lowbie: Dead the entire day, unless the map is even before primetime on a friday night, then it may reach the high end of 1 bar.

IC: dead 90% of the time, or there is one zerg that will leave after you wipe them once
    BG: 30-40 min ques for unfilled teams against the same 10-15 people that all know each other (whichever team gets the healer usually wins)
    during pvp events of course the pop will inflate, but this also goes the opposite way during non pvp events which seem to be just about every other week now

So because pc na is dead, pc EU should suffer, sounds about right....wait.

So because some people care about a dumb faction pride in a game, the rest should suffer. Sounds about right..... Wait.

Yeah playing a game by the intended way, without abusing low pop and harassing people, is horrible. Might as well get rid of all factions and have a giant free for all since factions, community health, and campaign are so unimportant to you.

Apples and oranges. Abusing low pop and harassing people isnt something caused by non faction lock. Grasping at straws at its finest. Whats next? Global warming is also caused by non faction lock? Any other conspiracy theories?

Funny how the vitriol and low pop abuse has all but disappeared since faction locks. All you are doing is proving my point about non faction lockers, insults and vitriol as soon as anyone speaks out against the changes. It's cool tho, I anticipate getting lots of people banned with screen shots when the locks are lifted.

Aight buddy, so according to you if i log on the game right now and start sending people messages and harassing them in alliance locked campaigns, that means alliance lock is the reason for player harassment and anyone in favor of alliance lock is endorsing player harassment as well. And when there nightcaps and pop imbalance in alliance locked campaigns, that means that alliance lock is the reason for pop imbalance and night caps. Yeah buddy, i definitely proved ur point there. Guess common sense is not that common for everyone. What a failure.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And yet you were the genius to actually compare faction pride in a freaking game, with real life competitive sports. You take irony to a whole new level.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 27, 2020 5:20PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As we've removed a few non-constructive comments around baiting, please remember that while it’s all right to disagree or even debate with each other, provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what your on about op currently the unlocked campaign is cp. So there is no "again"
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »
    Not sure what your on about op currently the unlocked campaign is cp. So there is no "again"

It's in the PTS patch notes. Next patch No CP will also be unlocked
  • IndorilArwynLlethran

Except of course ALL players can't play the way they like because there isn't two options for NO CP.

Can everyone who wants to play NOCP do it in unlocked campaign? Yes. Can those people still play one Alliance and never try other Alliance in the same campaign or never at all? Yes. What am I missing?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    With Zos backing off of alliance locks as they have been it does not seem they think there was a real issue with not having it.

More like they always seem to forget how stuff like this goes. They see more complaints about faction locking because most people who like it have no reason to come here and keep constantly posting about how they like it. People who don't like something are much more likely to come here and post thread after thread complaining about it. Now the pendulum will just swing back the other way and I anticipate many more threads complaining about the lack of a lock and all the trolling (along with the crap load of in game reports again) that goes with it. Same as it was before they instituted the lock in the first place. If there was enough of a population, I'd try to demand a locked no cp campaign but sadly they've drove so many players away from pvp in general with the poor performance and constant nerfs that there's no where near enough to people to do so. I will just keep trying to advocate for at least some type of cool down so people can't just jump back and forth between alliances all night long.

Glad you do realize that you are explaining how we got faction lock back in the first place and just reflecting it back as though it is those who do not like faction lock are the problem people.

However, my comment is backed by the first reason Zos said when they brought back faction lock, that people asked for it. Considering they never committed all campaigns to it they clearly did not see da real issue or exploit.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good.
  • KINGOFTHESKULLS

Dont think I have to - youre the only one defending faction lock in this thread atm anyway xD

No He is not.
    I shall tie your mortal limbs
    I shall invade your thoughts
    I shall belittle your aspiration
    I shall obliterate your hope
    I shall break your will
    I shall devour your flesh
    As you perish I shall live
    Sunder And Keening Officer
    Rage Outta Resdayn
    Black Flag Leader
    Lords of the Shaft
    Former Empress
    Overlord
    Pact Forever
    CP 1000+
    Leaves-No-Cross-UnturnedMagSorc
  • KINGOFTHESKULLS
    Varana wrote: »
    I have enjoyed Alliance Lock NO CP campaign Bahklodaan due to having to actually build skillfully instead of being able to crutch on CP sustain for perma-dodge rolls and sustain etc.

With faction lock being taken away, it really takes the edge of war games from Cyrodiil in having pride in your faction for the campaign.

Real disappointed with that in the patch notes.

It's a roleplaying game, as in: I play a role. I do not play myself.
    I can have pride in my faction - whatever that faction is. And when I swap chars, that can change. Because it's that character's pride. I as a person don't belong to an ESO faction. I live in 21st century Europe, not 2nd era Tamriel. It's an effing game.
    If I cannot identify with one (or two) of the factions in any way, I don't roll a character from that faction. Problem solved, I can have all the pride I want. Others may be more flexoible, or can better distance themselves from their characters. They can do what they like, as well.
    Now, being emotionally involved with one side, swapping chars, and rooting for the opposite five minutes later, is a bit of a stretch, I concede. A cooldown of 1 or 2 hours is a reasonable thing, also to prevent some of that precious abuse everyone is always bringing up. But changing factions and fighting for them with conviction, in itself, is not that exotic.

One or two hours wouldnt do anything to curve zerg surfing, it needs to be 24 hours. That's how acompromise works

24 Hours is a great Idea.
    I shall tie your mortal limbs
    I shall invade your thoughts
    I shall belittle your aspiration
    I shall obliterate your hope
    I shall break your will
    I shall devour your flesh
    As you perish I shall live
    Sunder And Keening Officer
    Rage Outta Resdayn
    Black Flag Leader
    Lords of the Shaft