The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

So 30 day No CP will be unlocked again....

x48rph
x48rph
✭✭✭✭✭
Thanks ZOS, now we'll have to put up with all the trolling, alliance hopping, scroll selling and other antics again in No CP. So sad. I know , there are are probably plenty of for this and against it but still, not really looking forward to that crap again. Heck I've witness people intentionally give the hammer to another alliance on more than one occasion since that was introduced even with locks. Won't be nothing to it now that they can just hop on another character.

Please, at least put a decent cooldown on it so they people can't just hop back and forth between alliances at will every 10 minutes
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah they even switched the order of the campaigns for some stupid reason.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the worst change of 5.3.0. Really drives all motivation away :(

FACTION LOCK IS THERE FOR A REASON!
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    So there will be no more 30 day No CP Alliance Locked campaign? I Thought I just overlooked it. That really is a shame! Here we go again with faction hopping and all the other stuff. I don't see the need to remove it.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of the better changes. the campaign on PC NA is 80% of the time dead. even on weekends and prime-time it never reaches above 2 bar.

faction lock is an unnecessary gate on bringing players in. so glad to see it gone.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    one of the better changes. the campaign on PC NA is 80% of the time dead. even on weekends and prime-time it never reaches above 2 bar.

faction lock is an unnecessary gate on bringing players in. so glad to see it gone.

Which is going to be offset by people leaving so it'll be a wash at best
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭

How do you know it was caused by faction lock and not performance degradation or other factors?
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Demra wrote: »

How do you know it was caused by faction lock and not performance degradation or other factors?

i personally have 4 toons on each faction and spent time in no-cp every campaign across all of them. once faction lock entered... i no longer set foot in cyrodiil due to lock outs. and the campaign was dead.

i believe campaign will still be dead even with this change... but at least people aren't deterred simply because 1/2 their characters can't enter.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

Oh, they did it for a very good reason.

Trust me, anti-faction lock players will surely return every "you already have your campaing and it's empty so STFU" right back in pro-faction lock brigade's face.

Karma is one hell of a thing.
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Demra wrote: »

i personally have 4 toons on each faction and spent time in no-cp every campaign across all of them. once faction lock entered... i no longer set foot in cyrodiil due to lock outs. and the campaign was dead.

i believe campaign will still be dead even with this change... but at least people aren't deterred simply because 1/2 their characters can't enter.

I see. I was looking forward to faction lock but stopped playing right when it came out because of worst performance. So did my friend. I wonder if faction lock was not the cause but a coincidental timing. Hard to tell but i do hope for more populate campaign regardless of the lock.
    Edited by Demra on January 20, 2020 9:05PM
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd personally be less annoyed if they at least implemented a cooldown so people can't hop back and forth so quickly. It would go a long way to cut down on the trolling while allowing people to play multiple factions if that's really their thing.

(Of course in that spirit they should just remove the whole campaign scoring since there's no incentive to actually be loyal to a faction thus there's no really winners no matter which faction ends up in first but that's another discussion)
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭

PC EU it is going strong. Nowhere near dead.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djiku wrote: »

PC EU it is going strong. Nowhere near dead.

No-CP was going strong on PC EU before faction locks and it has kept being absolutely fine after faction locks too.

Which actually makes it a perfect example that hard-liners on either side of faction lock debate are a minority and most players just click on the first campiang of their preference on the list.
  • LADYKiLLER
    LADYKiLLER
    ✭✭✭
    Dumb change.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the best changes with this update. Great change ZoS.
  • 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    This enables me to play with my more casual friends again in NoCP who do not all create a new fully beefed up pvp char "just for m
    This is especially important with the bg change.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, guys, Gray Host is a 30 day CP enabled alliance locked campaign. It is the third one down and I suspect that it will still be the busiest.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, guys, Gray Host is a 30 day CP enabled alliance locked campaign. It is the third one down and I suspect that it will still be the busiest.

This discussion is about No-CP if you haven't noticed.

And I somehow doubt it that campaing placed third in the list will be the busiest. But time will tell. :wink:
  • Hyde0709
    Hyde0709
    ✭✭
    I do not like this change at all...Faction lock is a good thing. It is very unfortunate that non-CP will be subject to constant boosting to prevent 'core' faction players from getting Emp.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Zos backing off of alliance locks as they have been it does not seem they think there was a real issue with not having it.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    With Zos backing off of alliance locks as they have been it does not seem they think there was a real issue with not having it.

More like they always seem to forget how stuff like this goes. They see more complaints about faction locking because most people who like it have no reason to come here and keep constantly posting about how they like it. People who don't like something are much more likely to come here and post thread after thread complaining about it. Now the pendulum will just swing back the other way and I anticipate many more threads complaining about the lack of a lock and all the trolling (along with the crap load of in game reports again) that goes with it. Same as it was before they instituted the lock in the first place. If there was enough of a population, I'd try to demand a locked no cp campaign but sadly they've drove so many players away from pvp in general with the poor performance and constant nerfs that there's no where near enough to people to do so. I will just keep trying to advocate for at least some type of cool down so people can't just jump back and forth between alliances all night long.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just bombard them with ingame reports of crossrealmers.

Just fill their claim inboxes...
  • HaakkaPaalle
    HaakkaPaalle
    Soul Shriven
    Not a fan of this, stupid change. Already crazy drama, no need to allow character swapping mid night to stir the pit even more
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    give us faction locks please.
    thank you

Edited by Gilvoth on January 21, 2020 12:31AM
  • KINGOFTHESKULLS
    Gonna bring more PvP for sure but at what cost?
    and More scroll trolling degenerates.
    and More Spies.
    and More siege trollers that turn your siege around.
    and More hammer griefers.
    You don't like the person grinding for emp ? swap to another faction and make their gaming experience like hell.
    Here we go again , thank you ZoS.

If you care about the map and score , if you're a faction loyalist you're gonna be against this end of story.
    If you're not , just go play a BG and don't abuse the campaign being unlocked.

I liked what @x48rph said about removing scoring , I mean what's the point of score in a non-locked faction?
    I shall tie your mortal limbs
    I shall invade your thoughts
    I shall belittle your aspiration
    I shall obliterate your hope
    I shall break your will
    I shall devour your flesh
    As you perish I shall live
    Sunder And Keening Officer
    Rage Outta Resdayn
    Black Flag Leader
    Lords of the Shaft
    Former Empress
    Overlord
    Pact Forever
    CP 1000+
    Leaves-No-Cross-UnturnedMagSorc
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine supporting faction locks in 2020, where there's only enough players to fill one, maybe one and a quarter campaigns.
  • KINGOFTHESKULLS
    From my opinion unlocking no cp will just take away the competitiveness and joyful experience of winning a campaign.
    What's the point of winning when you can just swap to whatever faction that Is on top?

And then you will get some zerg surfers that get on any faction with the biggest group to get more AP.

It will just bring more toxicity even more than the current state.
    I shall tie your mortal limbs
    I shall invade your thoughts
    I shall belittle your aspiration
    I shall obliterate your hope
    I shall break your will
    I shall devour your flesh
    As you perish I shall live
    Sunder And Keening Officer
    Rage Outta Resdayn
    Black Flag Leader
    Lords of the Shaft
    Former Empress
    Overlord
    Pact Forever
    CP 1000+
    Leaves-No-Cross-UnturnedMagSorc
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Trust me, anti-faction lock players will surely return every "you already have your campaing and it's empty so STFU" right back in pro-faction lock brigade's face.

Not like no cp players have a choice.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »

Not like no cp players have a choice.

Oh, I didn't have a choice either since faction locks were reintroduced for no cp. Now I can finally play with my friends in every single faction. Single best change made this patch, thanks ZOS!
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fell bad for them that enjoy non cp pvp but hey honorable pvp players still have their locked campaign so im good to go and again i do fell bad for you honorable non cp players having to deal with only having an un locked farm spot for ap as its not an campaign at all
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on January 21, 2020 6:12AM
This discussion has been closed.