The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone having a problem grouping?

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is another thread for this in the Bug Reports area of the forums:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508651/no-grouping-failed-to-join-immediately
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS: We got dungeon finder finally fixed after many years.

Players: Hey why can't we invite people now?

• Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any updates?
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PERFECT TIME TO CYRODIIL! NO ORGANIZED ZERGS !:O
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Dahlreng
    Dahlreng
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS has been silent since it was reported as a bug, not even an acknowledgement. -_-
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still broken on PC-NA...
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a positive note, there won't be any premades in battlegrounds for a bit. Go have some fun.

Found the silver lining
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does a new bug just pop up at a time not immediately after a patch?
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you surprised? 2019 was ESO's worst year yet, and that's saying something. Don't worry though; there's more small instanced zones, dungeons, and pretty cash shop content to distract you from how little they actually do.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA is broken. I demand compensation 5000 crowns for every hour i cant group including hours im not playing!

Sorry just wanted to know what it felt like to make ridiculous demands.

They will probably just leave it until tomorrow. Doing a big patch anyway in about 10 hours. No point in fixing it now.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, just confirming we’ve seen these reports and are investigating.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will probably just leave it until tomorrow. Doing a big patch anyway in about 10 hours. No point in fixing it now.

There's no patch tomorrow on Live, according to the banner above. It's just "maintenance."

Are you thinking of Update 25 hitting the PTS tomorrow?
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

There's no patch tomorrow on Live, according to the banner above. It's just "maintenance."

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508409/hotfix-maintenance-on-all-realms-jan-20-6am-est#latest
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    haelene wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508409/hotfix-maintenance-on-all-realms-jan-20-6am-est#latest

Thanks for this! Glad to see they're doing things on the back-end. No patch for us to download, though, is what I meant.
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haelene wrote: »

Thanks for this! Glad to see they're doing things on the back-end. No patch for us to download, though, is what I meant.

No worries!
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix this. This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks I've had 12 people ready to run a trial and game issues have prevented it. The previous one was last Wednesday when half of players in the game were experiencing 1k ping for about a 3 hour period. My group that runs 2 days a week is starting to feel like a group that runs 1 day a week, and gets disappointed 1 day a week. Would it be possible to stop breaking things all the time?
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at this point. Maybe both?

Like, seriously, how do fundamental parts of the game stay broken or keep breaking for well over a year? How does this even happen? How? It's gone beyond comedy, to parody, and back to tragedy. Full circle.
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they're doing their best ok
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least when things go wrong they start looking at it right away.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to update, we are still investigating the cause of this issue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • nalline96
    nalline96
    ✭✭
    Thank you for updating us...
    "A realm needs a strong backbone! Well, unless the support really IS a backbone...ever been to Malacath's realm? Nasty stuff."
    ―Sheogorath[src]
    If the tank dies, it is the healer’s fault.

If the healer dies, it is the tank’s fault.

If the DPS dies, it is their own fault.

— Unknown
    "Let Me Guess, Someone Stole Your Sweetroll?"
    --Skyrim Guard
    "Those Warriors From Hammerfell? They've Got Curved Swords. Curved. Swords."
    --Skyrim Guard
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. No grouping on an MMORPG. Luckily- I've got Red Dead Redemption Online to play and I'm looking forward to New World coming out in May!
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, unfortunately it isn't looking likely that we'll be able to fix this issue tonight, and with scheduled maintenance creeping up in the early morning, we're going to reassess after the server comes back online. We know this is incredibly inconvenient, and appreciate you staying patient with us.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Activity finder being patched tomorrow. Grouping subroutines die today.

Not difficult to suss this out. Probably someone jumped the gun and pushed a code version out too early that didn't require a restart so they dont have to come to work at 3am to roll a patch out.

Was there a rollback at all today? Any lost progress or weird stuttering right before the grouping broke?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSDD it would seem. >:)

Hopefully after the patch they will find the poor hamster in need of a HUG.

My thoughts and prayers go to that hamster and it's family! :(

Would be nice after all to actually be able to GROUP in an MMO...

Just saying B)
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, unfortunately it isn't looking likely that we'll be able to fix this issue tonight, and with scheduled maintenance creeping up in the early morning, we're going to reassess after the server comes back online. We know this is incredibly inconvenient, and appreciate you staying patient with us.

I mean, it's also kind of funny (to me). There's literally a thread about how this is an MMO and we should be grouping up on the front page at the same time as a bug thread about us not being able to group up.

I'm sure to other people it's not that funny (and my wife was pretty upset we couldn't play today because it's her birthday and she wanted to dungeon all day), but .... still. Pretty "good" timing.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a MMORPG and we can't do group activities and the decision is to just wait it out until morning? This is totally unacceptable. This is a service I am actually paying for. Not all of us can just spend as much time as we would want at any time playing. Some of us have limited schedules, particularly to play with friends.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »

This is a MMORPG and we can't do group activities and the decision is to just wait it out until morning? This is totally unacceptable. This is a service I am actually paying for. Not all of us can just spend as much time as we would want at any time playing. Some of us have limited schedules, particularly to play with friends.

I am also paying for it, but its fine. A bit of an inconvenience, but i can live without grouping in a video game for one day. I mean if that is all that i had to worry about in life is if i could group with friends in a video game, id be in paradise.

No one is going to die because they had to go 24 hours without being able to group with a friend.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really hoping to take advantage of the ESO+ Trial time to explore dungeon content I don't usually have access to. I'd have more of them if they ever went on sale sometime. And it seems as though even after the oncoming patch, it's not guaranteed that the problem will be resolved by then? Unfortunate I guess but really concerning with the limited time I can even take advantage of ESO+ for what I wanted to do.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also paying for it, but its fine. A bit of an inconvenience, but i can live without grouping in a video game for one day. I mean if that is all that i had to worry about in life is if i could group with friends in a video game, id be in paradise.

No one is going to die because they had to go 24 hours without being able to group with a friend.

What makes you think that all I have to worry about is grouping with people in a video game? Rather insulting of you to assume that.

This is of course a pretty minor inconvenience, for now. But it is not an acceptable situation. It is also startling that the decision is "We're going to wait until maintenance tomorrow and hope it resolves." That is my frustration.