The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Anyone having a problem grouping?

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The inconvenience is the fact that they decide to do a hotfix (unanounced maintenance which does not require a restart) and they don't have a rollback plan for it. Then, it takes 7 to 8 hours to get an acknowledgement in the forums.

How to improve this?

1) Before releasing any update (planned maintenance, hotfix or anything), have a rollback plan
    2) After releasing any update (planned maintenance, hotfix or anything), have a team actively monitor the game for a week straight and taking note of anything that went wrong as soon as possible, then plan accordingly
    3) Have a team communicate the plans in the forums as soon as possible, especially on very impactful issues
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've gotta say, even though grouping was completely broken on PC-NA tonight - it was pretty refreshing seeing so many people doing world bosses, dolmens, geysers, etc. Even though I was running them with my guild there were SO many people running around compared to normal.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    Hey all, unfortunately it isn't looking likely that we'll be able to fix this issue tonight, and with scheduled maintenance creeping up in the early morning, we're going to reassess after the server comes back online. We know this is incredibly inconvenient, and appreciate you staying patient with us.

This is a MMORPG and we can't do group activities and the decision is to just wait it out until morning? This is totally unacceptable. This is a service I am actually paying for. Not all of us can just spend as much time as we would want at any time playing. Some of us have limited schedules, particularly to play with friends.

I am also paying for it, but its fine. A bit of an inconvenience, but i can live without grouping in a video game for one day. I mean if that is all that i had to worry about in life is if i could group with friends in a video game, id be in paradise.

No one is going to die because they had to go 24 hours without being able to group with a friend.

You realize that not being able to group up in an MMORPG is like going to McDonalds and asking for a burger- but they can only offer you buns with ketchup. The game is literally designed so that you can group up with your friends.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've gotta say, even though grouping was completely broken on PC-NA tonight - it was pretty refreshing seeing so many people doing world bosses, dolmens, geysers, etc. Even though I was running them with my guild there were SO many people running around compared to normal.
    This.
    I couldn't do a trial, so I ended up doing three public dungeons instead on a character that needed skill points. I saw plenty of other people in them, too.
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    dont worry guys the QoL improvements with Greyloore will fix the servers and make eso great again
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am also paying for it, but its fine. A bit of an inconvenience, but i can live without grouping in a video game for one day. I mean if that is all that i had to worry about in life is if i could group with friends in a video game, id be in paradise.

No one is going to die because they had to go 24 hours without being able to group with a friend.

What makes you think that all I have to worry about is grouping with people in a video game? Rather insulting of you to assume that.

This is of course a pretty minor inconvenience, for now. But it is not an acceptable situation. It is also startling that the decision is "We're going to wait until maintenance tomorrow and hope it resolves." That is my frustration.

I was making a comment on my feelings about it. Any insult you took away from that is from your own assumptions that i was implying something other than what was said.

Why would they call a tech team in end of day to tinker with it when they will be working on it in a few hours anyway? It is not a logical option especially since the only issues is not being able to form groups as opposed to not being able to play period.

Its one day. I cannot believe how impatient humans have become since PCs and smartphones.
    Quoted post has been removed.
    for the 32 seconds before you blue screen. Know the last time my client crashed? I believe it was Friday... and the year was 2018, late summer i believe. And then i rebooted. Guess how long it took me to log back in to the game world? 31 seconds.
    Hey all, unfortunately it isn't looking likely that we'll be able to fix this issue tonight, and with scheduled maintenance creeping up in the early morning, we're going to reassess after the server comes back online. We know this is incredibly inconvenient, and appreciate you staying patient with us.

This is a MMORPG and we can't do group activities and the decision is to just wait it out until morning? This is totally unacceptable. This is a service I am actually paying for. Not all of us can just spend as much time as we would want at any time playing. Some of us have limited schedules, particularly to play with friends.

You realize that not being able to group up in an MMORPG is like going to McDonalds and asking for a burger- but they can only offer you buns with ketchup. The game is literally designed so that you can group up with your friends.
    My KFC( Kentucky Fried Chicken for those that are not familiar) runs out of chicken constantly. Not specialty items, CHICKEN.. CHICKEN at 6 pm. The Colonel's original recipe in a bucket. Do you know what i do when i pull up to the drive through to order and they say they are out of chicken with 4 hours of operation left???

I put the car in park. Get out and start screaming at the speaker box about how unacceptable it is a restaurant whose primary dish is chicken to not have chicken, regularly, at a normal dinner time. I then get the crow bar from the trunk and use the flat end to pry open the menu board. I remove all the parts of the menu that have "chicken" on them and throw them on the ground and jump up and down on them.

Now the people behind me, and there is a lot because this KFC is SLOW, look at me all crazy like. And im like " You think im crazy?! You think im crazy?!?! You know what's crazy??? A KFC that doesnt have any C. It's just Kentucky Fried. We dont know what is Kentucky Fried but we know one thing that isnt, chicken." I then walk back to car and baseball bat the speaker with my crow bar before driving off.

Do i sound crazy? Overreacting? Big drama queen? That is the reactions i see to such incidents as this on these forums. Do you want to know what i really do when KFC doesnt have any chicken? I go somewhere else. No complaining, fussing, or demanding they run to the store( 2 grocery stores within 5 minutes of the KFC) and get chicken right now and make me chicken right now. They lose a sale and each time they are out of chicken, i am less likely to eat at their restaurant.

When i found out i couldnt group instead, my wife and i went fishing, ran some dailies, ran delves together, killed some world bosses together, etc. We still played together. It was a bit of an inconvenience but nothing to get excited about or frustrated about.

The funny part is people expect them to fix it faster than you can get ER care on a friday night in most countries. We find it acceptable to sit in an ER waiting room for 4-8 hours for a broken limb or a gash or some unknown illness. That is acceptable. But ... DAMN IT TO HELL! WE WILL NOT WAIT an entire day for them to fix the game so we can group! There will be riots in the street!

Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 20, 2020 6:49PM
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Well if someone had not looked at something in the first place, grouping would not be broken, it worked perfectly fine yesterday, these things do not just break without some fiddling on the side.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What makes you think that all I have to worry about is grouping with people in a video game? Rather insulting of you to assume that.

This is of course a pretty minor inconvenience, for now. But it is not an acceptable situation. It is also startling that the decision is "We're going to wait until maintenance tomorrow and hope it resolves." That is my frustration.

I was making a comment on my feelings about it. Any insult you took away from that is from your own assumptions that i was implying something other than what was said.

Why would they call a tech team in end of day to tinker with it when they will be working on it in a few hours anyway? It is not a logical option especially since the only issues is not being able to form groups as opposed to not being able to play period.

Its one day. I cannot believe how impatient humans have become since PCs and smartphones.
    Quoted post has been removed.
    for the 32 seconds before you blue screen. Know the last time my client crashed? I believe it was Friday... and the year was 2018, late summer i believe. And then i rebooted. Guess how long it took me to log back in to the game world? 31 seconds.

My KFC( Kentucky Fried Chicken for those that are not familiar) runs out of chicken constantly. Not specialty items, CHICKEN.. CHICKEN at 6 pm. The Colonel's original recipe in a bucket. Do you know what i do when i pull up to the drive through to order and they say they are out of chicken with 4 hours of operation left???

I put the car in park. Get out and start screaming at the speaker box about how unacceptable it is a restaurant whose primary dish is chicken to not have chicken, regularly, at a normal dinner time. I then get the crow bar from the trunk and use the flat end to pry open the menu board. I remove all the parts of the menu that have "chicken" on them and throw them on the ground and jump up and down on them.

Now the people behind me, and there is a lot because this KFC is SLOW, look at me all crazy like. And im like " You think im crazy?! You think im crazy?!?! You know what's crazy??? A KFC that doesnt have any C. It's just Kentucky Fried. We dont know what is Kentucky Fried but we know one thing that isnt, chicken." I then walk back to car and baseball bat the speaker with my crow bar before driving off.

Do i sound crazy? Overreacting? Big drama queen? That is the reactions i see to such incidents as this on these forums. Do you want to know what i really do when KFC doesnt have any chicken? I go somewhere else. No complaining, fussing, or demanding they run to the store( 2 grocery stores within 5 minutes of the KFC) and get chicken right now and make me chicken right now. They lose a sale and each time they are out of chicken, i am less likely to eat at their restaurant.

When i found out i couldnt group instead, my wife and i went fishing, ran some dailies, ran delves together, killed some world bosses together, etc. We still played together. It was a bit of an inconvenience but nothing to get excited about or frustrated about.

The funny part is people expect them to fix it faster than you can get ER care on a friday night in most countries. We find it acceptable to sit in an ER waiting room for 4-8 hours for a broken limb or a gash or some unknown illness. That is acceptable. But ... DAMN IT TO HELL! WE WILL NOT WAIT an entire day for them to fix the game so we can group! There will be riots in the street!

The real question is did you at least get a biscuit?
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 20, 2020 6:54PM
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well if we had solo story mode dungeons to keep us entertained in the meantime, this wouldn't be so bad...
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Occasionally, when I browse through my game library and see The Elder Scrolls Online, I miss it. I remember all of the great times I experienced and friends I met through it. The nostalgia kicks in, and I consider jumping back in.

But then I come to the forums and stumble upon game breaking bugs like this being reported and it reminds me why the game is uninstalled in the first place.

Hopefully within the next couple of years the game will finally come out of beta.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grouped probably a dozen times yesterday. Made new friends. Actually got grouped with some new and old friends in the totally random chaos. Life is what you make of it.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to follow up now that PC NA is back online, you should be able to manually group again.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to follow up now that PC NA is back online, you should be able to manually group again.

Can confirm. Working great. Activity finder also working great. Try not to break it again :smiley:
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • AliasRed
    AliasRed
    ✭✭✭

Any ETA on PC EU being back online? Frustrating not being able to login during primetime :(
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh yes, how illogical to assume a person quoting me is referring to me. :D Since clearly you weren't referring to me despite quoting me, my apologies for any assumptions there ;)

Why wouldn't they call a teach team in when a key component of multiple game modes is broken? Because they could save money / employee time by waiting out the day given existing plans. I get that. It doesn't mean I think it is acceptable. But it is what it is.

When KFC doesn't have chicken, I go some place else. If it happens often enough, I wouldn't bother going there at all. Hell, maybe KFC has gotten a reputation for never having chicken and I can barely get my friends to go there, but it is my favorite chicken place, so it is frustrating when they finally check out the chicken during a trial and sure enough there's no chicken. I'm not going to scream in the parking lot, but I'll put in a comment card about how unacceptable that is :smiley:

If I was paying KFC a subscription for chicken, and they didn't have chicken regularly, I'd tell them that was unacceptable. If it continued I would cancel my KFC subscription. I don't see complaining on forums the same as pulling into a parking lot and bitching, more akin to a comment card. Not like I'm heading over to ZOS headquarters to scream at people.
    Edited by mav1234 on January 20, 2020 7:05PM