The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So vampires will now have justice system, what about Werewolves?

xclassgaming
xclassgaming
✭✭✭✭✭
Title says it.

I'm glad they are introducing vampires to the justice system as i always thought it was weird you could flex your vamp abilitys infront of the guards. But Werewolves should have the same, they don't exactly have a great rep with the locals of tamriel, just to name a few of there little exploits, Moon Hunter Keep, Invading Camlorn and a few other horrible deeds. Overall just stick it in if you transform in a city or something and i think that will be some good immersion. Plus its weird that it only affects Vampires.
Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing in Q3/Q4 werewolves will get their spotlight.

Also, I don't think too many people are willing to waste a werewolf transformation (that's a lot of ultimate) in a town for no particular reason. But, I'd imagine the justice system will be updated to include those that do.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Title says it.

I'm glad they are introducing vampires to the justice system as i always thought it was weird you could flex your vamp abilitys infront of the guards. But Werewolves should have the same, they don't exactly have a great rep with the locals of tamriel, just to name a few of there little exploits, Moon Hunter Keep, Invading Camlorn and a few other horrible deeds. Overall just stick it in if you transform in a city or something and i think that will be some good immersion. Plus its weird that it only affects Vampires.

I don't understand this ^^. There was always a bounty for feeding on innocents if the vamp is seen. What abilities besides mist form could be used in town without consequences? Is something being introduced that I don't know about?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Title says it.

I don't understand this ^^. There was always a bounty for feeding on innocents if the vamp is seen. What abilities besides mist form could be used in town without consequences? Is something being introduced that I don't know about?

Yes. Vampires are getting the Necromancer justice system treatment.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they extend this to Sorc pets as well as werewolves.
    PC EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If WW will get some kind of justices system penalty, I hope ZOS will treat it as a "kiss-curse". So we have a penalty for something, but as a compensation we get buff in other area.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 18, 2020 5:37PM
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title says it.

The difference is that is the same bounty effect as any basic attack on a non-hostile. This would be more like the extra bounty incurred from using Necro abilities in town...think of one of those assassins attacking you in town, and getting bounty for using the blood drain ability on it just like a Necro would for using blastbones.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Title says it.

Yes. Vampires are getting the Necromancer justice system treatment.

@CMDR_Un1k0rn Can you please explain that to me.
    Title says it.

The difference is that is the same bounty effect as any basic attack on a non-hostile. This would be more like the extra bounty incurred from using Necro abilities in town...think of one of those assassins attacking you in town, and getting bounty for using the blood drain ability on it just like a Necro would for using blastbones.

Aha!! I missed that in the announcement. Well, that sucks (pun intended)!

PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Title says it.

Vampires are literally getting a complete over haul, new abilities, everything.
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    they mentioned a mezmorize skill, and a slash skill for vampires in the reveal stream.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forget that ww is so bad that literally no one plays it, so we don't really need a justice system that affects werewolf.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Title says it.

there will be a full skill line now. Not just two abilities.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't imagine them skipping werewolf.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    I have a plenty of counter edict scrolls i just hope they just not put bounty on you or attack you depending on you stage of vampirism, my two vamparies are crafters and that will be a little too much micromanagement, I need access to the bank.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing in Q3/Q4 werewolves will get their spotlight.

Also, I don't think too many people are willing to waste a werewolf transformation (that's a lot of ultimate) in a town for no particular reason. But, I'd imagine the justice system will be updated to include those that do.

Who would waste that much time building ultra so they can transform in a city.

Zos could just as a bounty to being in WW form in a city and be done with it. No need to change WW. Heck, they already have.
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    I think I've ran through town only a few times while transformed and as others have said, 250 - 300 ultimate is a lot to build up to for those types of shenanigans.

I mean sure why not, just won't affect the sons and daughters of hircine one bit
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure I remember them saying turning into a werewolf in a town was supposed to make guards attack you and incur a bounty, this was when guards were first added. When finally tried it to see what they would do, it turned out you could transform and howl in their faces with no reaction. I felt disappointed and misled.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is one of those touches of realism that I could do without. It is not fun to build up a bounty if I accidentally use a necro ability. It does not increase my immersion or make me feel more "evil" when it happens. It just makes me swear at my necro and myself.

It is an inconvenience and I don't want this to be expanded to vampires or werewolves. That's too bad they are planning it for vampires.

I understand why this idea appeals to people but for me it is not the best way to make the justice system or these skill and class choices more interesting.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transforming in a city or running around in a city in werewolf form would incur a bounty seems simple enough.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they extend this to Sorc pets as well as werewolves.

Summoning lesser daedra is only illegal in very few places. It's a common practice for mages.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually even if they change it... nobody will notice any way...
    ...any werewolves around ?

*crickets*

I thought so... :*
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 18, 2020 9:05PM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So long as its only tied to you using vampire ability's, like what happens with the Necromancer criminal skills and not your stage of Vampirism, I have no problem with it.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably only going to apply to two to three skills.
    Feeding, which already adds a bounty, popping your ult, and mist form...but that skill was already nerfed (no more canceling into major expedition.) maybe it'll come with it a decent spammable that'll fill in some necro gaps.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    Vampires are literally getting a complete over haul, new abilities, everything.
    Because, reasons.

Adding more to Vampires where existing ES lore would support, sure.
    Changing existing systems due to the complaints from trophy-kids, is just asinine.
    My Vampire /spits on this culture.
    May your current influence be short, and your history reflected with contempt and disgust.

On the potential bright (or "dark") side, at least Bloodlines 2 is on the horizon.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wolf out/transform you should get a bounty.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus its weird that it only affects Vampires.

Vampirism and lycanthropy aren't regarded the same way.

Successful lycanthropes, i.e. those who live among humans, manage to do that by not slaughtering people every full moon. Whether that takes the form of chaining themselves up, going away to transform, or learning to control themselves, they manage not to be a menace.

Importantly most of the time they don't look any different from anyone else.

Vampires tend to prey on people and do look different.

If ESO were true to lore, all vampires would be instantly attacked on sight in nearly all towns. Telvanni towns would be the exception. Everywhere else, vampires would exist in a permanent state of bounty.

Werewolves would only be attacked in their transformed state. But if they transformed out of sight and then went on a spree, they wouldn't accrue a bounty because their alternate form makes them anonymous. I think that's how it works in Skyrim (single player).
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fluffy puppers got spayed and neutered with nerfs :D

There still should be a justice system for them imo. Something where they get laughed at and hit with a rolled up newspaper in front of a cheering crowd.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    You forget that ww is so bad that literally no one plays it, so we don't really need a justice system that affects werewolf.

On the other hand, that would mean that no one would be inconvenienced if they added one. ;-)
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Add Furballs, pets, duellers, ultimate droppers in the bank, mud ballers at the outfit station and all argonians
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Yep. Add Furballs, pets, duellers, ultimate droppers in the bank, mud ballers at the outfit station and all argonians

And bananas ? >_>
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I don't think you know what the word "literally" means.