The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request for a change in hireling timer mechanics

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bazzakrak be careful ZoS Mods just love to make comments like your "go away" as in they just straight up delete them because they don't like it when you try and actually bring attention to a topic that the Players are obviously wanting changed.
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    /bump

- we should have had account mails. Both in function and marking
    - we should have had a mailing UI where the total of your letters could be seen on the left, and the details of time/date received + mail slots occupied to the right. A small thing, but a big difference when dealing with multiple mails.
    - we should have had, in the above UI, a visual indicator of opened/unopened

basically, we should have had functions even the sheapest Korean crap has for granted. As with so many other things in TESO, we do not..or TESU now i suppose
    Pride, honour and purity
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    @Rodario‌ and @DeLindsay‌ I know I am pushing the envelope here a bit, and have been gently approached by the mods in my inbox as wel.
    But I just dont see why they cant come and post a simple reply saying that they actually dont want to change this, which it by now seems will happend.

And in regards to my post "disapppearing" well I can always write it again :wink:
    We're born, we live, we die. And along the way, you do the best with whatever crap you step in :p

I'm stranded all alone in the gas station of love, And I have to use the self-service pumps <3

Post Hoc Ergo Proptor Hoc o:)

Motivation alone is not enough. If i had an idiot with me and i motivated him, then i will have a motivated idiot to do stuff :s
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Please remember that we do not allow moderation to be discussed on the forums.

Tagging a large number of names in a post can be spammy, especially if people begin quoting the post. We recommend, instead, that you post your question in ESO Live Ask Us Anything thread. A more direct option for sending us feedback is using the in-game /feedback command. This has the benefit of sending your comments directly to us, although obviously it lacks the opportunity for community discussion. You're of course welcome to use both.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bazzakrak‌ There ya go, an official reply...

@DeLindsay‌ I think one of your comments got stealth removed, because I have a notification for a comment of yours after alang's and when I click on it, it goes "you don't have permission to do that". (Also, it's not here.)
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rodario wrote: »

@DeLindsay‌ I think one of your comments got stealth removed, because I have a notification for a comment of yours after alang's and when I click on it, it goes "you don't have permission to do that". (Also, it's not here.)
    I can neither confirm nor deny such allegations as it's against the CoC to talk about Moderation.
    Edited by DeLindsay on January 24, 2015 6:33PM
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    Rodario wrote: »

I can neither confirm or deny such a allegations as it's against the CoC to talk about Moderation.

@DeLindsay‌ I forgot to add "hypothetically".
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • Baldigar
    Baldigar
    As far as I know, this hasn't been fixed, and I would definitely like to see it happen. I'd prefer a set timer, and it just mail both at once for tier 3. Maybe let players pick between 2 timers, 00:00 and 12:00, and if they change it make it not send them one for until 1 time after that time comes up next, to prevent exploits.
  • Celtic_Wolf
    Celtic_Wolf
    ✭✭✭
    ack, even just putting it on the 20 hour timer like horses, and sending both perk 3 at once would do so much for quality of life, as it is now there's zero flexibility.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ack, even just putting it on the 20 hour timer like horses, and sending both perk 3 at once would do so much for quality of life, as it is now there's zero flexibility.
    This.

The 20 hour mount timer is fine, all it needs is for the hireling ones to be 10 and 20.
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    frankly, the stuff comes as mail, so put them in the mail, already!

Just have the hirelings send them out when appropriate at the given times until your mail box is full, anything afterwards will be lost, dropped, whatever.

With just a little foresight the burden of these mails will also not be a strain on server resources: So no, you would not want to have all of these mails being sent out all at once, but spread out / moved to the off-hours with less server load. Bonus points for some "funny wordings" from the hirelings when things slip a little...

All quite doable, even for foo bar coders (unless they already struggle with "hello world" that is)
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    can we have all hireling mails sent to you when you log in your account, not when you log certain character, please?
    it's a bit of a waste of time to log each char, feed horses and collect mail xD
    some ppl are super busy ;P

perhaps an overhaul to hireling system? like account wide 1 hireling system where you can choose reward pool you'd like to see(still random but you opt out what not to get) - rewards for helping ppl across Tamriel, reputation based or something.
    could be based on current completed quests in zones or something new.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know when you make hirelings worthwhile again.

Right now they are just a waste of Skill Points as they don't send anything good anymore.
  • Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    Hehe, I won't even do a writ on equipment toons; but my hirelings send me plenty of stuff to refine; and, funny thing, after a week doing writs after the change, I was still getting more gold improvs from the hirelings... almost zilch from the writs...
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Right now they are just a waste of Skill Points as they don't send anything good anymore.
    Three SPs are nothing once you're at levels where you're going to be wanting to craft purple/gold items, and I still get golds from time to time which is well worth the investment of 3 points I don't even miss.

Sure, the rewards aren't what they were but trying to write them off as irrelevant is just silly really when you're almost guaranteed to have un-spent SPs with no prospect of wanting/needing to spend them: all my VR1s had far more SPs than they know what to do with so spending 3 on Hirelings is a total no-brainer.
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    cast 'resurrection' thread.

Any news in regards to this, must admit I have been away since my last reply in this thread, so was wondering if any of you out there could give me an idea if something is happening
    We're born, we live, we die. And along the way, you do the best with whatever crap you step in :p

I'm stranded all alone in the gas station of love, And I have to use the self-service pumps <3

Motivation alone is not enough. If i had an idiot with me and i motivated him, then i will have a motivated idiot to do stuff :s
  • Celtic_Wolf
    Celtic_Wolf
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like it...yet! :)
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like it...yet! :)

What a shame, guess we see once again that the staff arent very good at keeping us informed and their promises about coming back with information.

I blame @ZOS_GinaBruno

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, no problem with the necro. We are currently looking at how the hireling mechanics work, and are planning to do some revisions in the future. We'll let you know what we have in store as soon as it's more fleshed out.

Could we have an improvement to the Hireling collection system? Especially as the number of available character slots keeps increasing, it would be a great Quality of Life alt-management tool.

Ideally a one-per-day login one-button collection dumping everything from all alts into the Crafting Bag would be great. It could be tied to the Daily Login Reward.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another service interruption -- which would result in a schedule interruption for players https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508510/xbox-server-down

Changing how collecting from hirelings -- especially multiple hirelings -- would be a great Quality of Life improvement for all players.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, no problem with the necro. We are currently looking at how the hireling mechanics work, and are planning to do some revisions in the future. We'll let you know what we have in store as soon as it's more fleshed out.

If the team is going to look at crafting-related aspects of the game such as crafting tables, could they revisit the Hireling Timer again please?
    Hey all, just wanted to confirm we've seen this thread and are planning on adding one in a future update.

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been finding that mail when you first log in has become slower to arrive than before (on PC(NA)) making it even more tedious to collect Hireling deliveries.

Can we please have Hirelings reworked to dump everything in the Crafting Bag automatically at, say the time when the daily rewards are available?
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assumed it would be 20 hours like everything else but nooooo. You have to have level 3 hireling to ensure a drop every day. 20 hours should be the reset
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed it would be 20 hours like everything else but nooooo. You have to have level 3 hireling to ensure a drop every day. 20 hours should be the reset

That would make it like mount training and let people push the time forwards and back -- to compensate for mail being delayed all the time.
    I'd rather see it completely separated from the mail too. That might in fact improve mail performance elsewhere.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

That would make it like mount training and let people push the time forwards and back -- to compensate for mail being delayed all the time.
    I'd rather see it completely separated from the mail too. That might in fact improve mail performance elsewhere.

Consistency is not something that I have found to be a theme in this game. Like, sometimes I can just pick up something with one click and other times it asks me “do you really want to pick up this quest item?” Why??? Oh yeah, I changed my mind.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ChimpyChumpy
    ChimpyChumpy
    ✭✭✭
    Why does the description for hirelings say every 12 hours when it's really 24 hours?

24 hours is a pain if you login earlier than the previous day and have writs to do on 18 characters.
    Edited by ChimpyChumpy on May 1, 2020 7:08PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have an ideal set-up for hirelings: I worked at home even before the pandemic, and I have two monitors on my computer, making it easy to log in and out without getting much in the way of my reading or whatever. And it's STILL an utter pain.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Having to log into each character is a pain now, especially with the "This may be a long loading time" problems.

Swapping between several characters just to grab the stuff is really annoying with those delays.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ChimpyChumpy
    ChimpyChumpy
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is very long so din't read much of it. Is the issue with hirelings just mail delay? I thought perhaps the timers were simply not correct i.e. 24 hours instead of 12? I check mail on each alt when doing writs, sometimes they are there sometimes they are not. I do writs every 20-24 hours or so.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is very long so din't read much of it. Is the issue with hirelings just mail delay? I thought perhaps the timers were simply not correct i.e. 24 hours instead of 12? I check mail on each alt when doing writs, sometimes they are there sometimes they are not. I do writs every 20-24 hours or so.

The major complaint is that the hireling timer of 24 hours at level 2 or 12 hours at level 3 will constant "move" forward your time to collect your hireling mails.

Personally, I use all 3 skill points and just guarantee myself 1 time to collect each day, and then I don't have to worry about a timer. I do writs on 36 characters a day. I'm not going to re-log through all of them to try and get a "bonus" hireling mail. I look at the extra skill point spent on each character to be 3/3 as my guaranteed drop per day, rather than having to play the mechanics game. Many of the complaints would be the same on a 10/20 hour timer as they are on a 12/24 timer, IMO.

Others have suggested that we just "get" the rewards (some even without even logging in - I think that's a hard NO from ZoS). Some think it should be 1 mail containing whatever you got (since there's time taken in opening the mail, especially on console, but I get more than 6 items from mine, so don't know how that'd work)

I get that some QoL things can be nice/appreciated. But that said, they're literally free items for spending passive skill points, don't have to do anything to get them other than log in.

my 2 cents/synopsis :smile:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points