The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request for a change in hireling timer mechanics

• Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    This is an issue that could be interesting for someone at this guild summit to bring up and drill a bit into.
    We're born, we live, we die. And along the way, you do the best with whatever crap you step in :p

I'm stranded all alone in the gas station of love, And I have to use the self-service pumps <3

Post Hoc Ergo Proptor Hoc o:)

Motivation alone is not enough. If i had an idiot with me and i motivated him, then i will have a motivated idiot to do stuff :s
  • Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    This kind of issue just makes me weary. I can't possibly sign on every 12 hours, never mind being able to sign on every 12 hours that continually has time creep.

The original suggestion works adequately.

I find myself wanting to log on less because of issues like this, which is not good for someone who is as much a fan as I have been.
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you imagine the postman binning your £1000 stereo because you weren't in ? If I invested points into a hireling to send me goods....I expect to receive..all goods!
    Don't give me no server load crap. If everyone logs on within 12 hours 100% of the mail has to go out anyway. So makes not one iota of difference.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on October 2, 2014 12:17PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bazzakrak wrote: »
    This is an issue that could be interesting for someone at this guild summit to bring up and drill a bit into.

I guess that did not happen.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    Rodario wrote: »

Unfortunatly it seems that there werent anyone there who were interested in taking up that specific subject.
    Hey guys, no problem with the necro. We are currently looking at how the hireling mechanics work, and are planning to do some revisions in the future. We'll let you know what we have in store as soon as it's more fleshed out.

Dear @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    How is it going with this, seeing as it is close to 3 months since your post, and with todays pretty long maintance, at least my normal window window for getting early hireling mails, is moved at least 45 minutes now, and this will move up yet another time where I need to skip a day to get them back into an early morning/evening sync.
    We're born, we live, we die. And along the way, you do the best with whatever crap you step in :p

I'm stranded all alone in the gas station of love, And I have to use the self-service pumps <3

Motivation alone is not enough. If i had an idiot with me and i motivated him, then i will have a motivated idiot to do stuff :s
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rodario wrote: »

Unfortunatly it seems that there werent anyone there who were interested in taking up that specific subject.
    Hey guys, no problem with the necro. We are currently looking at how the hireling mechanics work, and are planning to do some revisions in the future. We'll let you know what we have in store as soon as it's more fleshed out.

Dear @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    How is it going with this, seeing as it is close to 3 months since your post, and with todays pretty long maintance, at least my normal window window for getting early hireling mails, is moved at least 45 minutes now, and this will move up yet another time where I need to skip a day to get them back into an early morning/evening sync.

I guess they looked into the mechanics and decided there was no need for change. Though, seeing as how long it takes for the promised provisioning revamp to take effect, it is entirely possible they are still working on it and there are simply no news to share. I which case it would of course be nice to let us know they haven't forgotten about it.
    {EU/DC}
  • korwinthale
    korwinthale
    ✭✭✭
    You should get a delivery every 24 hours whether you play or not .. period... Hell im paying 15 bucks a month there is no reason I shouldnt.
    "Still, we have to keep trying and hoping. That's what's important--the trying and the hoping. Maybe that's most important of all."
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭

Deat @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ we are getting lose to the 5 month mark for your post here.
    Any news on getting some revisions on this ??
    Someone who has maxed hirelings on all alts, and lost lots of mails due to this not working as many of us feel it should, would like to know this.

• Deth
    Deth
    Soul Shriven
    Approaching 6 months now.. 10 / 20 timers, or two sets of hireling mats twice at once ever 24 hours or 20 hours PLEASE
    Edited by Deth on December 7, 2014 10:35PM
  • Mightylink
    Mightylink
    ✭✭✭
    They should make it happen at a certain time every day regardless if your logged in or not, like rank 1 every day at 6am, and rank 3 every day at 6am and 6pm.
    Mightylink - Nord Battlemage (Sorcerer)
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mightylink wrote: »
    They should make it happen at a certain time every day regardless if your logged in or not, like rank 1 every day at 6am, and rank 3 every day at 6am and 6pm.
    As long as materials are delivered in the mail box, this won't be possible.
    With your automated deliveries, 24 hours away = mail box full = can't be contacted by other players without any warning.
    Wololo.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted for 10/20 a long time ago and my vote still stands. There's no reason whatsoever why ZoS shouldn't just change it to 10/20 similar to how Horse feeding has a 20hr CD and Crafting Writs have a 20hr CD.
  • Stuffedduck
    To be honest ... I would be a happy employer of hirelings already, if it would be 'enough' to log in on one character to receive the mails. Why can I only receive the mails once I logged in each character, but can 'collect' them all on one character only.
    It is annoying to either send your group of friends into a 5 minutes break, because you want to receive the mails, or to get the timers screwed up as you don't want to interrupt your group play at the moment.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emails sent every 10 hrs regardless of login.
    Cycles saved on the check are cycle saved for the lag at prime time.
    And ESO really needs a crash diet on server cycle bloat anyway.
    Beginning to make me think all the microsoft employees jumped ship to ZOS after wonders 8 :)
    I think the term is...keep it simple stupid. Makes us happy. Makes you happy not fixing stuff.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should get a delivery every 24 hours whether you play or not .. period... Hell im paying 15 bucks a month there is no reason I shouldnt.

This.
    | GM Cheesemongers of Nirn |
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    At least until your mailbox is full. Then stop.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    Fellow adventures.

I fear that they dont really give a toss about this, and from the lack of responce from the different @zos_ personel it seems likely that I am correct.

This is a mechanism that any developer, whom has played some MMO at any part of their life should have seen could cause a problem.

• kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomd929 wrote: »
    I agree a 20 hour timer and for 3/3 just deliver double the materials at the same time would be a nice fix. If it could stack up for a week or two between logins that would be even better.

I enjoy crafting, but don't have time to play more than a couple times a week. I was really looking forward to this feature.

I like this idea best, mail all of my stuff in one chest from all my toons 1 time a day (twice the mats for a 3/3) if previous mail hasn't been picked up don't mail another, simple.
  • Deth
    Deth
    Soul Shriven
    It makes me really nervous that a dev. Has not came back to comment.. Just watch them totally destroy the hirelings system and in effect all the time we've spent, with some stupid alteration. I dont see how this is such a difficult issue. They could either tell us we are screwed and to deal with it, or they could tell us what fix is coming and when. This halfway 'we are looking into it' thing has me really nervous about the entire thing. It only seems to matter to them when its the category with the most amount of people complaining at that current time. Am I the only one?
  • Axie
    Axie
    ✭✭
    Any words on this. It should be relatively small change for them. 10/20 and all above said.

Can we expect this in 1.6 or 1.7?
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    Axie wrote: »
    Any words on this. It should be relatively small change for them. 10/20 and all above said.

Can we expect this in 1.6 or 1.7?

I wouldnt expect them to change anything on this now, been ½ year now and still no real movement has been made on Zos part.

They have, from what I can see, made 1 change to it, in that they have changed he tooltip to include the 12 hour rule and the login to get the mails now.
    I am sure it was only done to try and make themself feel good about it.

But in generel it has been rather disappointing to not get any responce from @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ who was the first to get into this talk, but has up until now not been able to contribute with any real feedback to the players.

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very disappointed to see how poorly this has been handled...
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very disappointed to see how poorly this has been handled...

But not totally surprised, since there are many issues from Pre-Launch that are still unresolved and the devs are totally quite about them.

Just shows how little they care for the people paying their salaries.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All they need to do is pop into this and other threads and say a quick "Hey guys/gals, we want you to know we ARE looking into changing this, fixing that, adding those, so stay tuned" or something to that effect, but instead they usually just say nothing which exacerbates the issue. Transparency from the devs is never, ever a bad thing, I don't know why ZoS is so tight lipped about game mechanics/stats/fixes/etc.
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    All they need to do is pop into this and other threads and say a quick "Hey guys/gals, we want you to know we ARE looking into changing this, fixing that, adding those, so stay tuned" or something to that effect, but instead they usually just say nothing which exacerbates the issue. Transparency from the devs is never, ever a bad thing, I don't know why ZoS is so tight lipped about game mechanics/stats/fixes/etc.

They did that, @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ did that in july 2014, easy post to find, just press the green icon before this thread and you will get to that post.

That we then havent heard anything since then is the disappointing part of it.

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm well aware they they responded back in July, my point was they could just as easily pop in NOW to this and other persistent threads about the same 2 dozen or so issues with ESO but they don't.
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ 6 months since you said :smile:
    We are currently looking at how the hireling mechanics work, and are planning to do some revisions in the future.

How much longer into the future do we need to wait for a reply ??

Now to throw in some more @zos names just to try and get some more attention to this thread.

**Poke**
    @ZOS_AbigailT‌ @ZOS_AlanG‌ @ZOS_BasileA‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_MichaelServotte‌ @ZOS_KaiSchober‌ @ZOS_CarolusS‌ @ZOS_GaryA‌

• Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    If you perceive that the future is not ever today, then by extraction you can derive that the revisions will never be here.
    Clearly they no longer (if they ever did) care about this issue.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    If you perceive that the future is not ever today, then by extraction you can derive that the revisions will never be here.
    Clearly they no longer (if they ever did) care about this issue.

Yeah it will most likely never happend, but then they should at least come out and say it, instead of hiding in their mommie skirts.
    In the immortal words of Hans and Franz:
    They are all girliemen

*Poke*
    @ZOS_AbigailT‌ @ZOS_AlanG‌ @ZOS_BasileA‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_MichaelServotte‌ @ZOS_KaiSchober‌ @ZOS_CarolusS‌ @ZOS_GaryA‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

• Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm impressed by your fervor @Bazzakrak‌. I obviously also feel strongly about this issue and I planned on posting a six month reminder for @ZOS_GinaBruno‌.

Let's not get this thread closed down for harrassment of ZOS personnel though.

I've been under the impression that they (no longer) care about this issue for a while now. Actually, I'd say since about a month after Gina's reply.

I half expect to see hireling mails in the crown store in a few months. Something along the lines of 500 crowns/month/hireling/character, or 10 crowns per individual shipment.

That would explain what they meant by "we're currently looking at how hirelings work".

Maybe they (the hirelings) finally noticed we're not actually paying them and now they want to be paid in crowns for their services.
    {EU/DC}